• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
im a fraud, choked like a scrub after throwing game 1 away. hes pretty legit though and we put all the trashtalk behind us before playing the set.

edit: izaw takes 4th btw, i took 5th.
Yay for mutual respect :). This is what talking in real life and actually seeing each other's skill in person does. Anyways, good games folks, although now I need to see them.

Idk if we should do one every week. But reposting changes due to patches make sense
Hm so would you want it to be less or more frequent then? I think it's just going through and updating the MU threads since most of them are severely out of date. Basically just pointing folks to particular MUs to focus on for some period of time. We'll anyways likely have to do this with Corrin & Bayonetta at some point.

Anyways, I guess I'll try to start something then.

It seems like folks have been talking about the Fox matchup recently. Here's the thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mu-how-do-you-deal-with-fox.375216/page-2.

~Unknown~ ~Unknown~ Curious on your thoughts since you played Feel Tension fairly recently. Thanks!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
This thread has become a total tool shed. The guy just comes in, declares himself the best Link, which is spitting in the face of all the other tourney going Link's with more and better results like Huggles, Scizor, Zane, X, Kxiong and legions of others found in the tourney results thread. Izaw thinks he's above them. He thinks he's above the forum rules we all abide to by posting entire threads self advertising **** like his Sheik video guide or how he beat a "truly Pro DDD" in the brawl forum. And you guys think it's mutual respect. Have you no self respect?

Izaw Izaw you are not forgiven by me, you are not the best Link until you prove it and you better be telling the truth about
I 2 stocked zeros villager with 24% damage taken on me.
**** like this. You are no better than other Link player, got it?

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
im a fraud, choked like a scrub after throwing game 1 away. hes pretty legit though and we put all the trashtalk behind us before playing the set.
I thought you put up a good fight that match had me hyped and those reads were on point. Again good stuff to the both of you.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
This thread has become a total tool shed. The guy just comes in, declares himself the best Link, which is spitting in the face of all the other tourney going Link's with more and better results like Huggles, Scizor, Zane, X, Kxiong and legions of others found in the tourney results thread. Izaw thinks he's above them. He thinks he's above the forum rules we all abide to by posting entire threads self advertising **** like his Sheik video guide or how he beat a "truly Pro DDD" in the brawl forum. And you guys think it's mutual respect. Have you no self respect?

Izaw Izaw you are not forgiven by me, you are not the best Link until you prove it and you better be telling the truth about

**** like this. You are no better than other Link player, got it?
Whoa, easy there killer. Why do we care who the best Link is? What we should be worried about is working together to all get better. If Cat and Izaw but the past behind them then that is excellent, no need to start stirring things up again man. You seem like a cool dude, let's get along as we should and focus on how well we can do rather than on who is a jerk and who isn't. I agree, one should not go throwing their weight around like they are hot stuff but then again, Cat called him out earlier and Izaw was retaliating. But now they apparently worked it out. As far as self promotion, what is the difference between him saying he did so and so and Huggles saying he got 2nd (props to him btw, great work).

I am pretty new to all this, so if anything I said was wrong, please let me know. Thank you.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You seem like a cool dude, let's get along as we should and focus on how well we can do rather than on who is a jerk and who isn't.
What the hell? Seriously, someone comes in, ****s on the entire forum by saying they're better than everyone, saying they 2 stocked the winner of Genesis 3, ZeRo, and you really don't see a problem? Izaw has a looooooooooong history of making spam threads and acting like he's better than everyone, despite other people having better results. I don't take kindly to people treating my friends like inferiors.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Rizen Rizen how about this, Mr.R streams in a couple of hours, for a long time, you can come in at ANY time, ask Mr. R if the zero villager 2 stock with 27% hp left is true or not, because he was there to see it. Sounds fair?

Last edited:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
What the hell? Seriously, someone comes in, ****s on the entire forum by saying they're better than everyone, saying they 2 stocked the winner of Genesis 3, ZeRo, and you really don't see a problem? Izaw has a looooooooooong history of making spam threads and acting like he's better than everyone, despite other people having better results. I don't take kindly to people treating my friends like inferiors.
I can understand your frustration and see where you are coming from. After this whole fiasco let's hope Izaw or anyone else won't plan on doing so again because of the problems caused, really this whole thing is very silly.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Rizen Rizen how about this, Mr.R streams in a couple of hours, for a long time, you can come in at ANY time, ask Mr. R if the zero villager 2 stock with 27% hp left is true or not, because he was there to see it. Sounds fair?
You beating ZeRo's Villager is the equivalent of saying you beat a PR player's pocket Mario or Ganon. (aka: not relevant at all anyway >.<)

Last edited:

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
So I completely understand rizens frustration. As I said before Izaw is definitely the most "popular" link. Key word popular. Not the best, not the this, not the that. Furthermore I'd be lying if I said I don't(to this day) study the h@#! Out of the art of link videos to perfect my craft. But here's the thing. As a link main I just want Izaw to appeal to his peers(other link mains) n not just the fans. There's dudes as rizen mentioned putting in work with link but it can potentially be overshadowed because the first thing everyone will say is "hey cool link, but Izaw tho, that man the truth" lol not necessarily in that order of wording. My point is being known as the best of any character is great, but acknowledging others is cool as well. Even Esam who is considered best pika. Shouts out other pika names he's watched that he has respect for. In conclusion. I too thought izaw was trash lol. I've even said it a few times, but if scizor/catana(two links who have results and i respect) has seen this dude play in person and has acknowledged his skill. I think the legends might be true. IZAW IS GOOD! Now shout out other link mains next time your at an event or make an old video from 5 patches ago lol I'm just jk

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I was asked not to say anything more on the matter and am back to ignoring what'shisface.

New topic, where do you guys see Link in the post patch meta? Sheik and ZSS both got nerfed but still win, at least it's a little easier now. It looks like Link might do decently vs Bayonetta and Corin. Bayo will probably be a high tier with her godly disadvantaged state and combos. But their so new it's hard to say.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Anyone here heard of a Link main named 7? Northern Florida had a local recently and 7 managed to take a whole set off of Ryo, landing a spot in top 8. Is he any good?

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Anyone here heard of a Link main named 7? Northern Florida had a local recently and 7 managed to take a whole set off of Ryo, landing a spot in top 8. Is he any good?
For sure. I wonder if he exists on this site...

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
He seems fairly good and makes top 8 at MVGs conference tournies fairly often, as well as a player named Saj who got 4th with Link at SC48, but now I think he plays Bayo.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I went on tournament hiatus until the semester is over again, so while I appreciate the ups Rizen I'm not really notable enough to put up there with the others.

I'm still stuck doing unsafe things in neutral, so I need to rework my gameplan until that habit drops.
I'll be lurking as usual until I'm outta classes for a bit.

By the way, if anyone would have any stock in my opinion, here it is.
Izaw is a good Link
Cat is a good Link
Good Links are able to put petty arguments over vidya games in the past where they belong
Be a good Link
And leave petty feuds in the past.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
so apparently my disc can't read ganondorf anymore. this cant be a coincidence..

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Sev3n just posted in the tourney results thread actually btw :). We should invite the man in here!

Also, no new posts in the Fox Matchup thread lol?

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Sev3n just posted in the tourney results thread actually btw :). We should invite the man in here!

Also, no new posts in the Fox Matchup thread lol?
Probably because the MU is so hopeless pretty much everyone says **** it and whips out a secondary,

Chaoslink

Smash Cadet
NNID
chaosl1nk
lol i'm too stubborn to switch characters just for the sake to learn matchups, that being said i placed 9th at a local today going all link, i lost to a shulk and a dk, not really familiar with those matchups at all.

The dk also switched to shiek which i also don't have a real easy time with either, considering it's link's worst matchup

Last edited:
If you're going to disrespect a vet, you might as well do it here, where you at least won't also look thin skinned when you're made to look foolish.

There's something to be said for being direct. Then again, I hold the ban record, so perhaps my advice should be taken as so much of the new blood seems to prefer it; with salt.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Seven, the Gainesville Link main, is going to money match Ryo in a first to five(?) on the mvg_league stream right now. If you're interested in Link vs. Ike/Corrin, come take a look.

Top Bottom