• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Izaw

Smash Ace
Genesis was awesome, my first national so I faced a lot of match ups I've never faced before on a high level play. Like ROB <_<. Anyway got a lot of experience and good games by coming, I'll definitely come by again some time, stronger and more experienced as well as more safe.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Genesis was awesome, my first national so I faced a lot of match ups I've never faced before on a high level play. Like ROB <_<. Anyway got a lot of experience and good games by coming, I'll definitely come by again some time, stronger and more experienced as well as more safe.
I look forward to it. Did you by any chance get to record some of your matches at Genesis?

Izaw

Smash Ace
I have a MM set that Zero requested

2 sets against Ryo's Ike
1 against his Roy

And probably some against Mr.R at some point soon

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Don't air dodge, seriously, don't.
I have serious problem with air dodging after down throw. What is the best way to stop this problem? I already know to not airdodge but when I DI the other way they almost always knee me. I always get spiked or kneed. D: Plz help

Huggles828 Huggles828 Watch out for Rango as well.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Since it seems like a lot of tourney level Link mains came out to post at around the same time (e.g. Catana Catana , @ScizorVX, Izaw Izaw , @Hyrule Hero , ~Unknown~ ~Unknown~ , etc.), have any of you folks thought of having a Link only tourney? I guess it'd have to be online though, which is not ideal, but could still be useful. Plus those who have secondaries could provide some insight into the Link vs. X matchup (like Izaw's Sheik, Cat's Metaknight, etc.) and us scrubs can see those in action (this would be in addition to the Video Archive thread, but still nice).

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Since it seems like a lot of tourney level Link mains came out to post at around the same time (e.g. Catana Catana , @ScizorVX, Izaw Izaw , @Hyrule Hero , ~Unknown~ ~Unknown~ , etc.), have any of you folks thought of having a Link only tourney? I guess it'd have to be online though, which is not ideal, but could still be useful. Plus those who have secondaries could provide some insight into the Link vs. X matchup (like Izaw's Sheik, Cat's Metaknight, etc.) and us scrubs can see those in action (this would be in addition to the Video Archive thread, but still nice).
Don't forget Dumbfire Dumbfire ;)

Izaw

Smash Ace
Having 1 character in the whole tournament works ofc, but it's always better to have 2, the way Zero has Sheik and Diddy for example, I would say try to get a secondary that can deal with Sheik/Sonic/Fox etc etc.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Exactly, so if you aren't willing to deal with them with Link, which of course, it can be done, then go get another character
Personally I have a Roy I use in the fox MU only but Sonic and Sheik are both MU's that IMO, If you're gonna call yourself a link main, you should be able to do. Neither of them are terribly bad. But ya obviously the easy way to get far is just cover bad MU's with the appropriate high/top tier of your picking.
I also think it'd be cool if any of would consider joining the discord (bad self plugging aside) people like, Sethlon, Zage, Mike Kirby, Dabuz, Ace and etc are relatively active in their respective characters discords and I think it helps both parties. We give them feedback on their play and overall can give suggestions well they give us insight on top level play. It helps the meta of characters a lot

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
Having a secondary with link is beneficial. Although I'm starting to consider the fact of solo maining him. The only issue with this is link has to work harder in most unfavorable mus. Like sonic/fox/sheik which means not only do I have to out play my opponent but my margin for error is low where as those characters can make a million mistakes n not be punished. However link has factors and early kill set ups that able him to compete with these characters. Especially with this patch. Bomb/gale combing into fair which can kill. Dthrow into uair. And securing early stocks wit the tether trump. But also there's another factor to becoming the "best link" right now if let's say for example zero picked up link. And only used him as a secondary. He would still be considered the best if only using him for a short period. Kinda how abadango is considered best wario n barely plays him anymore. My point is there's many paths to becoming the best if that's what your aim is but if we want link to be a tournament viable character or at least on the radar we gotta make waves with him n the only way to do that is to choose him even in difficult matches n learn n help one another. Hyuga put TL on the map already with a great showing at Genesis. Although TL was kinda already on the map. So do work! #randomrant

StadiumGambler

Smash Rookie
So yeah, finally ready to smash this weekend uninterrupted, so if anyone wants to get some free wifi wins later tonight or tomorrow to improve your street cred, tag me here or on the Discord.

Theres a crew battle coming up for me on February 27th (as well as a regional) and it appears to be a city vs city then winner faces other city deal. I'm ranked 5th amongst people in my city on our PR and 23rd overall. I will probably have to beat people for the right to be in the crew for certain reasons though, so heres a display of the pecking order......

1) Shaft :4diddy::4dk:
2) W4ke:4sheik::4zss:
3) CLIE :4zss::4sheik:
4) Candy Chicken :4fox:
5) Me
6) Broloom :4lucas::4lucina::4olimar::4villager::4tlink:(I'm just as confused as you are)
7) duncathan:4lucario:

So yeah, if any of you also have pockets of those it'd be nice to get some matchup exp, and I will be combing the MU threads for this rogue's gallery of baddies as well.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Personally I have a Roy I use in the fox MU only but Sonic and Sheik are both MU's that IMO, If you're gonna call yourself a link main, you should be able to do. Neither of them are terribly bad. But ya obviously the easy way to get far is just cover bad MU's with the appropriate high/top tier of your picking.

I also think it'd be cool if any of would consider joining the discord (bad self plugging aside) people like, Sethlon, Zage, Mike Kirby, Dabuz, Ace and etc are relatively active in their respective characters discords and I think it helps both parties. We give them feedback on their play and overall can give suggestions well they give us insight on top level play. It helps the meta of characters a lot
Yo hit me with that discord link, I know I ain't in your MVP list BUT I CAN DELIVER

I was with @Z3phIr at a tourney and that man actually lost set to a G&W 9 LOL
RIP I guess?
When you showin at a tourney son

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Having a secondary with link is beneficial. Although I'm starting to consider the fact of solo maining him. The only issue with this is link has to work harder in most unfavorable mus. Like sonic/fox/sheik which means not only do I have to out play my opponent but my margin for error is low where as those characters can make a million mistakes n not be punished. However link has factors and early kill set ups that able him to compete with these characters. Especially with this patch. Bomb/gale combing into fair which can kill. Dthrow into uair. And securing early stocks wit the tether trump. But also there's another factor to becoming the "best link" right now if let's say for example zero picked up link. And only used him as a secondary. He would still be considered the best if only using him for a short period. Kinda how abadango is considered best wario n barely plays him anymore. My point is there's many paths to becoming the best if that's what your aim is but if we want link to be a tournament viable character or at least on the radar we gotta make waves with him n the only way to do that is to choose him even in difficult matches n learn n help one another. Hyuga put TL on the map already with a great showing at Genesis. Although TL was kinda already on the map. So do work! #randomrant
If ike and Yink can do it. So can we, I definitely agree with you. It literally will take just one of us to make people to change their minds. The main thing is we just have to travel more. Can we expect to see at least your link at pound? I know BrimeZ, Rooky, Kirrin and some of the smaller east coast links might go but you're definitely the most active in the reason.

Yo hit me with that discord link, I know I ain't in your MVP list BUT I CAN DELIVER

Here you go fam
https://discord.gg/0glwrMQdopNKMYYS
(This is a unlimited join link that lasts 24 hours so anyone else that wants to join can)
Also, Izaw Izaw @ScizorVX ~Unknown~ ~Unknown~ and @Hyrule Hero it'd be amazing if you guys joined even if you don't plan to be too active. It helps the overall link meta when you guys can help with MUs and what not but also it'll help you guys, both Dabuz and Gibus have stated that their characters respective discords helped them to some degree with their characters

Last edited by a moderator:

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
Here you go fam
https://discord.gg/0glwrMQdopNKMYYS
(This is a unlimited join link that lasts 24 hours so anyone else that wants to join can)
Also, Izaw Izaw @ScizorVX ~Unknown~ ~Unknown~ and @Hyrule Hero it'd be amazing if you guys joined even if you don't plan to be too active. It helps the overall link meta when you guys can help with MUs and what not but also it'll help you guys, both Dabuz and Gibus have stated that their characters respective discords helped them to some degree with their characters
I'll be at pound for sure! Also glitch, Smashcon, etc. I stay in VA so try to keep the traveling within 4hrs. So expect me at EC events mostly. Including NC n NJ events also. No idea about Discord but I'll check it out

Acenea

Smash Rookie

M8 I ain't got a Wii U and I'm not planning on playing Sm4sh.
Currently playing CS:GO, Metal Gear Online and Netplay Melee, who knows I'll come to a melee tourney once where u guys are but we'll see.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Mate my study has a more priority than a game.
You dont even have to stay for the entire thing, its not really anything special or something. You can just come for a little while to check it out and leave again.

Acenea

Smash Rookie
You dont even have to stay for the entire thing, its not really anything special or something. You can just come for a little while to check it out and leave again.
I know myself well enough that when I check something out it isn't just a for a little while so this time no, next time maybe.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Welp, looks like I'm not going haha. The weather is really bad out. We had like 15 - 20 people from SC going (it was in GA) and I don't think a single person made it because the whole state is under a sheet of ice.

#weatherjohns

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Mate my study has a more priority than a game.
Blasphemy.

Welp, looks like I'm not going haha. The weather is really bad out. We had like 15 - 20 people from SC going (it was in GA) and I don't think a single person made it because the whole state is under a sheet of ice.

#weatherjohns
When I was your age, we walked to out of state tourneys, through snow or flood waters. Nothing stopped us from paying to lose tons of money.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
DJTHED DJTHED you going to Emerald City on next Saturday?
Depends on if I can get someone to give me a ride early enough for a 3 hour drive for an event that starts at 11. I'll try to be there.

Top Bottom