• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Scizor has very strong fundamental gameplay. He rarely does anything flashy or committing but does the right thing when he needs to. People could learn from this.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The A+B Smash bombslide method is amazing. I used to only be able to do the Up Throw Fake Out and the Up Throw Bombslide consistently with the a-stick just a few hours ago, but now I can do the Forward Throw Bombslide, Down Throw Fake Out, and Reverse Throw Fakeout fairly consistently already. I've been able to get a few Reverse Throw Bombslides as well.

EDIT: I've also started to get Down Throw Bombslides every so often too. Only seems useful for meteor bombs though.
Uh, I don't get this AT.

Yes because jolt and fireball are at least manageable while needles go throw anything I'm pretty sure, and travel across the stage while being practically invisible so you need to learn the timing for perfect shield or else it eats away at it and f**ks you over in an instant while she already has a good combo game and you've pretty much lost unless you have a good up close fighter that can get i
Ah, I can see now why they are so annoying

Welp, Shiek definitely needs a nerf.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I'm just going to start assuming everyone's a girl -- somebody must look out for the exception. FSK's stream explaining the bombslides just know was great, incidentally -- her knowledge is amazing. (She does have a fairly manly voice.) Also new Scizor sets lets show her some love:

2scoops Scizor :4link: vs 2scoops Larry :4falco:
July 13-19 2015 Friendly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7q4nNjRwJ0

2scoops Scizor :4link: 2scoops SM:4myfriends:
July 13-19 2015 Friendly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41bIppxjeY8

2scoops Scizor :4link: 2scoops SM:4myfriends:
July 13-19 2015 Friendly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdV19VoEREg

He's also in the crew battle starting at minute 16:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVXHcTKaoqg&t=16m
Extraordinary stuff, singlehandedly brought it back.
Dem up-tilts. <3

Also that guy DEFINITELY thinks laying bombs on the ground is weird......in case you didn't figure tha tout

Last edited:

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
First of all, there are women on the internet, and second, why not just use they? It's a perfectly correct term.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Womenz? ON THE INTERNET!?

HA HA YOU FEMALES OF THE HUMAN SPECIES ARE TOO DUMB AND GIRLY TO PLAY THIS HARDCORE CHILDREN'S GAME! SUCK ON THIS, BOYS RULE GIRLS DROOL!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
First of all, there are women on the internet, and second, why not just use they? It's a perfectly correct term.
Internet lingo: G.I.R.L.
Meaning: Guy In Real Life

Now if you'll excuse me, my girlfriend is about to kick my testicles so hard that my eyeballs are going to be fighting for space.

Last edited:

SoSoGreed

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5386-9186-4602
After months of looking in different stores i finally found a $10 eshop card. I have finally got ROY OUR BOY and dreamland.

The only reason i was looking for a $10 one is because didn't want to waste $30 when all i really wanted was roy

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Made it to top 32 in a tournament. Did pretty well in the second pool but, alas, didn't make it out. had one of the best sheiks in the area and my best friend who is a luigi (beat a rosalina though!) We're all close matches though so I'm excited for the next tournament.

Oh and the up throw version of the A+B method of bombslide is just pressing up on the B input by the by. Which makes sense

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh and the up throw version of the A+B method of bombslide is just pressing up on the B input by the by. Which makes sense
Yeah I made special mention of this fact when I went through and re-wrote the entire bombsliding section in the AT thread (which you should all read at some point). Because I was going to such lengths to say that the upwards input is the thing that activates the bombslide, and the bombslide up-throw was the first listed, I wanted to make it clear. "This Up-throw input will count as the activating upwards input."

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Yeah I made special mention of this fact when I went through and re-wrote the entire bombsliding section in the AT thread (which you should all read at some point). Because I was going to such lengths to say that the upwards input is the thing that activates the bombslide, and the bombslide up-throw was the first listed, I wanted to make it clear. "This Up-throw input will count as the activating upwards input."
Ah I hadn't seen the updated guide yet! Very cool.

I have learned today that I am absolute trash against villager

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You know, I was going to post Escape from the City here but given how you guys react to certain things, I think that this song is much more appropriate. Enjoy :)

Womenz? ON THE INTERNET!?

HA HA YOU FEMALES OF THE HUMAN SPECIES ARE TOO DUMB AND GIRLY TO PLAY THIS HARDCORE CHILDREN'S GAME! SUCK ON THIS, BOYS RULE GIRLS DROOL!

okay.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2? Good call. That song gets stuck in my head when I hear it :p
Yeah, the one from Sonic Adventure 2. Though I was considering the Modern remix. Also, their is a reason why gets suck inside you head. Cause it's a good song :p

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Yeah, the one from Sonic Adventure 2. Though I was considering the Modern remix. Also, their is a reason why gets suck inside you head. Cause it's a good song :p
Rizen is right, any random sequence of notes can be catchy, no matter how stupid, banal, silly or barebones. In fact, there's tons of great music that does not stick in the mind at all. Catchyness is very bad standard.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Rizen is right, any random sequence of notes can be catchy, no matter how stupid, banal, silly or barebones. In fact, there's tons of great music that does not stick in the mind at all. Catchyness is very bad standard.
What on earth did I just watch?!

Seriously though, you are right. Some can be catchy but still bad. Though it doesn't change the fact the City Escape is amazing!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Are you asking me or telling me? ;p
It was a joke. The guy in the picture is clearly a complete geek/anime nut.

Shulk (and Ryu cos inputs) being the exceptions.
Like smash4 is almost literally d-throw > uair: the fighter, in that most characters are homogenized. (they're mostly just slight variations on the same theme, especially within the top tiers)

Anyway, difficulty in a competitive game is meaningless because difficulty generally refers to how hard it is to win, but that's literally just the tier list."
^:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace

Shulk (and Ryu cos inputs) being the exceptions.
Like smash4 is almost literally d-throw > uair: the fighter, in that most characters are homogenized. (they're mostly just slight variations on the same theme, especially within the top tiers)

Anyway, difficulty in a competitive game is meaningless because difficulty generally refers to how hard it is to win, but that's literally just the tier list."
^:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
God, who the hell said that? I mean I agree that some characters are easier than others but to flat out say everyone is easy (even going so far as to say they're all the same?) is just ignorance to the fullest.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I am kinda disappointed that so many characters have d-throw set ups. Would be fun with more variety from different throws

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
God, who the hell said that? I mean I agree that some characters are easier than others but to flat out say everyone is easy (even going so far as to say they're all the same?) is just ignorance to the fullest.
I know several people who say (and I have repeatedly proven them wrong) that Smash is incapable of being a competitive game in any form or fashion because (and I'll paraphrase here) "it's not Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat and because of that it should only be treated as a party game with all items on and <continuous string of stupidity>...<inhale because the moron hasn't been breathing> and it's not even a fighting game because it doesn't have combos like SF2 and it has platforms and characters don't face each other and too many characters and they're not serious and pro players are just cheaters and it was never intended to be a competitive game."

My general response: "I suddenly realize that in all the 17 divine ****s that exist, I don't give a single one about that person's opinion on this subject."
Afterwards I proceed to go do something unrelated, like doing work or finding this picture:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Are you asking me or telling me? ;p
stop outdoing me in tech skill :sadeyes:
lol i think she got it

In other news, I talked with Scizor in the Twitch chat to last night's Fire & Dice tournament. His next tournament will be Center of the Universe XI streamed here by 2GGaming this Saturday. There's also "we hereby challenge 2scoops to a 5on5 $10 a person crew battle at COTU XI." -- "Zenyou, Southpaw, Me, SM, Scizor/Nicko if you guys really don't want us to use larry we dont need him LOL" More crew battle fun with Scizor, we know how that turned out last time... :shades: And he's registered for Paragon, like DJTHED. "i'm in a rut of atm of choking and stuff / but once"...

Also speaking of girls on the Internet, I went to a random travel Youtube video of some girl visiting New York and suddenly there were literal 10 year-old girls in the comments: "***** !! I hope you and your mother die !! Ugly girl !!! I hope the plane burn and you go to hell!!!!" "Me too !! She deserves to die !! She is a ***** !! Her videos is very stupid" "I agree! She deserves to die" Prepubescent drama queens all over again, and lulz to be had (i.e. I'll be there).

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I know several people who say (and I have repeatedly proven them wrong) that Smash is incapable of being a competitive game in any form or fashion because (and I'll paraphrase here) "it's not Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat and because of that it should only be treated as a party game with all items on and <continuous string of stupidity>...<inhale because the moron hasn't been breathing> and it's not even a fighting game because it doesn't have combos like SF2 and it has platforms and characters don't face each other and too many characters and they're not serious and pro players are just cheaters and it was never intended to be a competitive game."

My general response: "I suddenly realize that in all the 17 divine ****s that exist, I don't give a single one about that person's opinion on this subject."
Afterwards I proceed to go do something unrelated, like doing work or finding this picture:
Pff honestly, they're idiots for saying that because the platforms, characters, and just the playstyle of the game itself is what makes it a different and welcomed competition. There's a reason why it's getting pretty popular now.

Sorry that this is a fighting game that doesn't focus on who will mix up their high and low attacks better. Sorry that I can use the environment as a necessity to take the lead through different vertical and horizontal elements in all the viable arenas while you focus on cornering someone at a wall all game in the same exact stage with different backgrounds. Sorry this game is actually different from the rest of them.

Most of all, I'm sorry that I'm not sorry. Get that garbage away from me, it reeks of stupidity.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

While I generally agree with you, after watching this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fP1Tuin-LM
I have to agree that Smash has it harder than most competitive games.

I am kinda disappointed that so many characters have d-throw set ups. Would be fun with more variety from different throws
You're right. I mean, they could give characters like Sonic a Fthrow set up or Mii SwordFighter/Link's an Uthrow set up (again).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sonic gets his throw setups from uthrow...
Yeah, I know, though I wish they'd either declares the growth and base knockback or decrease the base but increase the growth. That why it could become either a full on combo move or a combo and kill move.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda has some % based Uthrow combos. Charizard might have Fthrow>Flare blitz at some %s idk.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Well everyone's throws do have different damages and properties as well. For instance, TL has a kill throw from his B-throw. Ness also has this. But Link's B-throw doesn't kill like that. Roy can land combos through his D-throw and F-throw but his B-throw doesnt do much of anything. Ike uses D-throw at low percents for combos and then uses U-throw from around 30+ for more combos. In stages like Battlefield, Charizard can get an extremely early kill with U-throw if he uses it under the top platform. I agree that D-throw is kind of over used as the main set-up for a few characters but all of the characters' throws definitely do have clear differences if you're willing to dig into it.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Hey guys! I will finally go to Milano, Italy this weekend. I'll arrive at 3 pm to the Milano airport in Saturday. I'll spend all the next week in a conference, but I'll have all this weekend free.

I dunno if there is some Link fellow nearby the zone...

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Hey guys! I will finally go to Milano, Italy this weekend. I'll arrive at 3 pm to the Milano airport in Saturday. I'll spend all the next week in a conference, but I'll have all this weekend free.

I dunno if there is some Link fellow nearby the zone...
i am, since im in italy this week

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll be camping for the next few days, probably until Friday or Saturday. So I won't have internet or post. If I don't post after that I was eaten by a bear or the donner party or something.

Top Bottom