• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I don't write here from a while man.
Gonna ask a question that isn't very Link-related but that concerns Link the most out of my main, so I'm not posting it in the Q&A. So, I started to walk way more with Link recently and it is a great option since our running speed is **** and we have waaaay more good option while walking. I'm very happy with walking. The problem is that while walking my reaction time decreases drastically and become absolute ****. Like, I can't even block a DA for some reasons. Do you have any tips about that other than the obvious and extremely important practice which is the most important thing?
You're concentrating too much on the act of walking itself would be my guess.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Mass Effect is wrecking my smash game. This is what happens when you marathon a series like this.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
You're concentrating too much on the act of walking itself would be my guess.
This is probably the issue since I have some trouble to maintain constant the walk by stopping/running accidentally. Some time into training mode should help me by training myself into natural walking/stopping / attacking I guess

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat Guacamelee but missed 1 mask orb :/. Fantastic game! I strongly recommend it.

I've had free time at odd hours and haven't been able to SSB4 wifi for several days.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
As April skies, so beauty shades;
As summer gales, so beauty flies;
As morning flower at evening fades,
So beauty’s tender blossom dies.

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
As April skies, so beauty shades;
As summer gales, so beauty flies;
As morning flower at evening fades,
So beauty’s tender blossom dies.
My writing when I was 5: The brown dog was friendly
My writing when I was 15: The chestnut-colored Labrador, with streaks of gold in his soft, thick fur, was amenable to the concept of dolling affection to his human counterparts.
My writing now: lol dog

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Warning Received
Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Haven't been on smash boards for about 2 weeks except for the news feed but it seems like I haven't missed much here on the link boards
Welcome to the future fairy boy.
Let me bring you up to speed. I took the triforce from the sacred realm, desecrated all of these scrubs so they are mere shells of their former selves. This is a very good thing. The Links that are competent received their Trifrorces of Courage.
The Scrubs are at bay, I am at my full power, Shin's Scarring Shed is Shredding, Links are getting competent again. All is right with this world. Now the question is, will I need to desecrate you as well? Like your peer @smokebomb12?
Answer carefully, this will decide much of what may happen.
BAHAHAHA!!
Are you describing that one night we had in the alley in Chicago?
BAHAHAHA!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got the final mask orb and beat Guacamelee 96% in 14:46:XX. That gave the good ending :)

I know the Wii U's sales could have been much better with organization, not having games delayed, etc, but I feel I got more than my money's worth from it. People complain about the lack of games but it has many good titles.
E-shop:
Shovel Knight, Shantae Pirate's Curse, LoZ Minish Cap, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Nihilumbra, Guacamelee.
Disks:
Smash Bros 4, Monster Hunter 3 U, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Rayman Legends, Mario 3D World, Darksiders 2, Nintendoland.
And the upcoming LoZ and Xenoblade CX.

Being able to play my wii games is nice too.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I got the final mask orb and beat Guacamelee 96% in 14:46:XX. That gave the good ending :)

I know the Wii U's sales could have been much better with organization, not having games delayed, etc, but I feel I got more than my money's worth from it. People complain about the lack of games but it has many good titles.
E-shop:
Shovel Knight, Shantae Pirate's Curse, LoZ Minish Cap, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Nihilumbra, Guacamelee.
Disks:
Smash Bros 4, Monster Hunter 3 U, Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Rayman Legends, Mario 3D World, Darksiders 2, Nintendoland.
And the upcoming LoZ and Xenoblade CX.

Being able to play my wii games is nice too.
I kinda feel like the WiiU has untapped potential when considering the constant complaints of lack of third-party support, and while I won't deny that it's true, the indie library for both the 3DS and WiiU eshop is pretty much the primary reason I still stick mostly to the WiiU this console generation (for the most part). People who haven't played Shovel Knight, Shantae and the Mighty Switch Force series for example are missing out.

Unrelated to indies, but WiiU has Bayonetta 2. :3

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
This is probably the issue since I have some trouble to maintain constant the walk by stopping/running accidentally. Some time into training mode should help me by training myself into natural walking/stopping / attacking I guess
Bruh, I have the same problem. lmfao.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Why hello. "Prinsass" Zelda.
It is a very nice pleasure seeing you again.
BAHAHAHAHAHA!
Would you like to take a walk with me?
I suppose I could take you up on this offer.

I'd prefer going to a village that is not too far away from a Redead infested market which also happens to be next to a very ominous looking castle that is owned by the "King of Evil", but I'm open to suggestions.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I suppose I could take you up on this offer.

I'd prefer going to a village that is not too far away from a Redead infested market which also happens to be next to a very ominous looking castle that is owned by the "King of Evil", but I'm open to suggestions.
Wow, I must say, I am quite impressed. Perhaps you are worthy enough ideed. Yes, let us go.
The only other place that would be worthy to go to would be a certain shed that is centered in the Canadian wilderness. I will leave the choice up to you however, and then we will leave. I need to get away from some of these kids anyway. I think I do-so deserve a small vacation.
So, I extend my gratitude with you accompanying me.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Needles are just really good in a lot of situations and used by an already really good character, which makes it worse for every one else.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
@ Jestar Jestar and @ Lozjam Lozjam
I can I join your walk :D?

Why do people hate sheik's needles so much? I can understand (particularly since I only play CPUs ;-;
Because it craps on almost everyone's neutral in the game, forcing defensive characters to take an unorthodox offensive playstyle to even hold their ground (which works bad for Link for example)

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Because it craps on almost everyone's neutral in the game, forcing defensive characters to take an unorthodox offensive playstyle to even hold their ground (which works bad for Link for example)
It gets to the point where using your projectiles is bad, especially bombs. At lower percentage it's manageable but over 100 and you're just being bounced around without some tight shielding and good jumping.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
https://youtu.be/1knXknswrYk https://youtu.be/UbCoshC-d_0 Hey everyone! So recently i have been getting back into smash 4, I am taking a break from Pm. Anyway, here are a few videos I posted over the last few days. I would love to get some feedback on what I need to work on. I know this is on-line for glory lol, but i would still appreciate it!
http://smashboards.com/threads/video-arkive-critique-thread-12th-august.369394/page-17
You should post in the video and critique thread.

Top Bottom