• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
After a lot of thought and desire to better my future and life, I just got sworn into the Navy after procedures today. I don't ship off until February, but yeah. Go me!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
After a lot of thought and desire to better my future and life, I just got sworn into the Navy after procedures today. I don't ship off until February, but yeah. Go me!
Congratulations and best of luck to you! :)

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
So... is there a possibility to play with you? I mean, I assume you are on vacation with your family/friends, therefore i don't think we could... :/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/123489377717144/
If you want you can ask In this group if anyone wants to play some games. The Milan community is actually the biggest and best Italian community. I'm sure there are some good players that would like to play some games with a top Link player. Our best player is actually a Link main but I don't remember if he lives in Milan

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I've been hitting the lab with Roy lately, so here are my thoughts on him from a Link main's point of view:

-First hit Nair can combo into Utilt, Dtilt and jab (maybe Ftilt) pretty reliably if you time the Nair perfectly. It can also behave like Link's jab 2 in that it can set up "rock paper scissors" situations.

-Uair is a great low combo tool. Sourspot Uair can be used in the same manner only that it has fixed KB, meaning that it can be used for kill setups.

-Fair can lead directly into DB, up B or DJ Fair at low to mid %s.

-Bair is an extremely powerful gimping tool and can kill early offstage. It can be auto-canceled if you DJ back onstage from a short distance away or so.

-Roy's skid animation is super short, allowing him to use shield and attacks and such much earlier. This only adds to his already great mobility and gives him more options in the neutral. His dance trot is also very good.

-Dthrow is overrated. It works exactly the same way as Link's, only that it combos much less reliably. Still pretty damn good though.

-None of Roy's aerials auto-cancel after a SH or even a FH, which is strange considering Roy's Fair has enough IASA frames so that he can DJ after a SH Fair. It's probably that way to prevent Fair strings from being a thing, though I'm not sure why that would be such a big deal since Fair>Fair stops working at around 40%, though admittedly it would make Roy super good lol.

-Roy's Fsmash is basically a right handed, reverse version of Link's first swing of Fsmash with faster startup and more kill power (it can kill pretty much anyone at around 100%).

Overall, I love how he plays, so I'll do whatever it takes to secondary him. Roy's got pretty much everything I ever wanted from a sword character in Smash Bros.; he's aggressive, fast, has a very decent combo game and has great frame data.

Edit: I apologize if this is too much Roy stuff for you guys, I just want to share my thoughts on him.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
https://www.facebook.com/groups/123489377717144/
If you want you can ask In this group if anyone wants to play some games. The Milan community is actually the biggest and best Italian community. I'm sure there are some good players that would like to play some games with a top Link player. Our best player is actually a Link main but I don't remember if he lives in Milan
I will try to join to post :)

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Yeah, but 'instantly' is better than 'incredibly short' any day. So... no it doesn't depend.
When it comes to shielding, up b and Usmash (or any other jump cancel-able moves or specials that can cancel a run), yeah that's true. Anything else (besides jump) is a different story, since you need to come to a complete stop before jabbing for example (otherwise you'd just dash attack). I'd imagine you'd see where I'm getting at here.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
When it comes to shielding, up b and Usmash (or any other jump cancel-able moves), yeah that's true. Anything else is a different story, since you need to come to a complete stop before jabbing for example (otherwise you'd just dash attack). I'd imagine you'd see where I'm getting at here.
Foxy only talked about shielding not attacks. You can shield immediatly from a run. There is no point in running then stopping and waiting for the skid animation to end before shielding.

FSK

Smash Ace
I tried telling the magaman forum about the B+A item slide stuff but I was staunchly ignored lol
They have 4 slides but they only know about 2 of them. They are not even sure about the input for the 2. They haven't even looked at the slide frame by frame. I took a look at their slide, but they don't seem interested in people telling them about it so I haven't shared any of the info with them. They are ages behind us when it comes to this.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Just leave them in their ignorance guys. If they don't want to learn,it's their fault.
EDIT : are we the only one to have nine bombslide variation then? I thought everyone had the fake out variations

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
In total we have 13 bombslides.
Upthrow, Fthrow, Dthrow, Bthrow and the respective fake outs, item discard one, Soft throw Bthrow, Soft throw Upthrow and that's 11. What did I miss? Are there Soft throw forward and down variations?
Still, while I understand only we (and Gay) have the soft throw variations, I don't get why MM doesn't have the fakeouts aand item discard ones.

FSK

Smash Ace
Yupp, there is also a softhrow forwards and down.

When it comes to fakeouts, some chars can do fakeouts like Palu and Gay. While some characters can only do proper slides like Ike and Megaman. I'm not sure about the details, but I'm sure @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive (feel free to correct me if I say something wrong) knows most of what there is to know about this topic.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Yupp, there is also a softhrow forwards and down.

When it comes to fakeouts, some chars can do fakeouts like Palu and Gay. While some characters can only do proper slides like Ike and Megaman. I'm not sure about the details, but I'm sure @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive (feel free to correct me if I say something wrong) knows most of what there is to know about this topic.
Luigi can bombslide too. I am trying to convince my friend to learn the art of bomb sliding since he mains luigi

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Ah, very well then. Congrats hanging in there with ZD though
keep up the good work gentlemen
Thanks man! I felt the great feeling of offline and I was.............. I was.........
upload_2015-8-21_20-32-25.jpeg

Also got a 250 cash pot :D

Im gonna attend many more tournaments, hope to see ya guys in some of the tournaments i will be attending

Last edited:
Top Bottom