• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Aw phooey, I just know not to let things sit for too long. It doesn't help that I'm probably the biggest turd on the subject of Lag-johns, and wifi-rage. I regretted everything the second I hit send,and in Papa Legan's tradition I refuse to delete salt posts as a point of respect to the one I've wronged. May you use it to whatever effect you wish, I will not judge. The weak of conviction and constitution is subject to his own failings, not anyone else, so at that end I conclude my statement on the matter of my lameness.

(HALP GAIZE, I'VE BEEN EXPOSED FOR MY FRAUD!)

And yeah, I'm probably gonna need to unlearn brawl before I return to playing anyone in a serious manner, so If you'll excuuuuuse me prince-------- gentlemen, I'mma take shelter in my new base of operations.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That's why he's Zane The Pure and not Zane The Doodoo Head.
Yeah I'm still playing SSB4 too much like Brawl but I'm getting better. Playing like Brawl will not go well. Interestingly I do better rolling more; in Brawl rolling very much was a big scrub move. You can't spam it but rolls are much safer in SSB4.
Wifi's very different from offline too. I had a salty transition period where I couldn't do anything right. You can't take wifail seriously. It can be fun with a good connection but is still wifi.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2E79x0NJI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w7sIePrQng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwOEjPJWxQM

As far as the U-air, there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about it if Diddy couldn't hitconfirm it out of D-throw. Hitconfirm in fighting games is when you recognize exactly when you've connected with an attack and transition into a garunteed combo. Through a combination of sheild pressure with fast aerials, a painfully easy chase game on banana throw that almost guarantees grab/d-throw/u-air, and the one thing that people hate the most is how absurdly early his U-air kills and it's relative quickness and high-priority.

For Link the MU is difficult when Diddy overruns your spam game and begins juggling you. If he gets a D-throw at low% DI yourself low and away so he'll normally get either only one U-air, or either F-air or B-ai, and in high% you'll wanna DI the throw Upwards since the throw is unlikely to kill and double jump quickly so he can't follow up right away. You almost never want to Airdodge after D-throw since he can whip out two U-airs before you can re-dodge his chase, so double jump and gauge his response. If diddy pursues close after your DJ: Fast fall and Air-dodge through him, and if he waits, mixup your direction of landing and make sure to have a bomb for safety. Airdodges to the ground usually get D-tilted into grab, or just regrabed.

all things considered this all should probably make it's way to the Diddy MU thread if no one has mentioned all this yet...
Thanks Zane, this helps clear things up :). now I see why people are hating Diddy. This sound very annoying to be on the receiving end of this. Though, correct me if I am wrong, would this not work on floaty characters and couldn't you try to attack diddy before he hits you? Just my 2 cents. I have no experience in this, so don't take my word for it.

Ignorance truly is bliss, eh?

:093:
True, true.

This tier list is really pissing me off!:mad:

http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/
Bowser 1st? Really?

Meh, what ever, it's not like this tier list is accurate or means anything.

I pretty much hate Sonics. Never played 1 good sonic that doesn't spam the side special.
There was 2 especially I found on Ladder and faced. Gladly I beat both of them there names were Boku and GameEdPlays.
Boku was the most annoying. My salt game was high. So I left my play style (Close combat) To all items and it worked.
Boku was the most annoying and I think he is top 5 in Nintendodojo ladder.
Is it maybe cause

You're too Slow :4sonic: XD

Man, I love Sonic.

Nah, Taunting is just in general seen as a mild form of disrespect. A lot of people Insta-salt over it while others would rather it didn't exist

And I'm not really mad, I got salty for a sec cuz I couldn't punish 20 rolls in our connection and I was getting beatup for my attempts. Also, just a smidge of life-advice if you care for it, but I wouldn't worry about upsetting people when playing a game incognito over the internet. If they get actually mad (like me for a second there) then that's they're fault, taunting or no.

No hard feelings man, I was being a baby.
Cheers:shades:

I am really starting to feel like a scrub at this game though... I let it get that bad and salted over it even.
Gonna have to step it up, so I accept full admonishment for my foolishness you guys.
Well just be warned that if you guys ever verse me, be prepared for taunts at very appropriate and even inappropriate moments. I love taunting XD.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Thanks Zane, this helps clear things up :). now I see why people are hating Diddy. This sound very annoying to be on the receiving end of this. Though, correct me if I am wrong, would this not work on floaty characters and couldn't you try to attack diddy before he hits you? Just my 2 cents. I have no experience in this, so don't take my word for it.
The ability to interrupt it reliably would also help to restrain some of the diddy hate, but alas poor monkey fans, in 90% of situations regarding D-throw if diddy didn't score a kill or at least put you off stage, they messed up. Your options in surviving the "hoo hah" (worst combo name ever...) are drastically limited against a Diddy who know's what they're doing. In essence, This...

Well just be warned that if you guys ever verse me, be prepared for taunts at very appropriate and even inappropriate moments. I love taunting XD.
Gotcha, I'll couch my expectations accordingly lol. Can't be having repeats of my prior shame.

BTW, Lookie what I found:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/zax53/Snapshot_20141208_1_zps2136b961.jpg

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Unfortunately, I have no local smash tournaments near me and I can't play online ;-;

I try to find some, but am having trouble. Do you know any Zane?

Also, why is Diddy's up air some infamous. I have read comments hear and their about broken it is.
The CPU aren't able to exploit the most ridiculous and overpowering moves of a character. If you were to go online and play a Diddy they would be constantly back throwing you into aerial... It seems to be almost inescapable unless you're smart with your DI. But even then, Diddy has incredible aerial mobility to counter your DI. His up-air in particular has complete priority, more than enough kill power, and comes out faster than many other aerials.

And if you're smart enough to dodge, Diddy will change it up a bit And throw a bunch of banana peels at you, which leaves you vulnerable for a significant amount of time (and he can grab out of it).

Hoo-ha friend... Hoo-ha.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I pretty much hate Sonics. Never played 1 good sonic that doesn't spam the side special.
There was 2 especially I found on Ladder and faced. Gladly I beat both of them there names were Boku and GameEdPlays.
Boku was the most annoying. My salt game was high. So I left my play style (Close combat) To all items and it worked.
Boku was the most annoying and I think he is top 5 in Nintendodojo ladder.
lmao Boku still exists?
Boku is a really bad Sonic.
He only abuses online lag tactics. Stalling, time-outs, etc. He gets bodied in person.

We have a joke about Boku called the Boku Roll… It's a mediocre burrito that you put in the microwave that takes exactly 8 minutes to cook (the joke was that the time limit in Brawl was 8 minutes and he always stalled for time-outs, get it?)

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Alright so I can play now...

And what do you know, magically nobody wants to play.

Last edited:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
We have a joke about Boku called the Boku Roll… It's a mediocre burrito that you put in the microwave that takes exactly 8 minutes to cook (the joke was that the time limit in Brawl was 8 minutes and he always stalled for time-outs, get it?)

Mediocre Burrito sounds like a good screen name. Can you imagine being the guy who loses to a player named Mediocre Burrito in a tourney?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I wish that fit as an in-game tag.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Darn length restrictions in game tags and character names. A large reason I choose 'Rizen' for my names was it fits in everything.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The ability to interrupt it reliably would also help to restrain some of the diddy hate, but alas poor monkey fans, in 90% of situations regarding D-throw if diddy didn't score a kill or at least put you off stage, they messed up. Your options in surviving the "hoo hah" (worst combo name ever...) are drastically limited against a Diddy who know's what they're doing. In essence, This...
This looks very similar to a meme I found about the strategy most Ryu players use. Wait, does this combo work on ALL characters or just a select few?

Anyway, that looks like the worse combo in smash history. I mean, even it's name is stupid.

Gotcha, I'll couch my expectations accordingly lol. Can't be having repeats of my prior shame.

BTW, Lookie what I found:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh158/zax53/Snapshot_20141208_1_zps2136b961.jpg
Yeah, I like Taunting XD.

Nice cosplay :).

The CPU aren't able to exploit the most ridiculous and overpowering moves of a character. If you were to go online and play a Diddy they would be constantly back throwing you into aerial... It seems to be almost inescapable unless you're smart with your DI. But even then, Diddy has incredible aerial mobility to counter your DI. His up-air in particular has complete priority, more than enough kill power, and comes out faster than many other aerials.

And if you're smart enough to dodge, Diddy will change it up a bit And throw a bunch of banana peels at you, which leaves you vulnerable for a significant amount of time (and he can grab out of it).

Hoo-ha friend... Hoo-ha.
Yeah, CPU's are the worst sparring partners. I really don't know what Diddy's designers were think when they were programming him. he just annoying as crap.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
This looks very similar to a meme I found about the strategy most Ryu players use. Wait, does this combo work on ALL characters or just a select few?

Anyway, that looks like the worse combo in smash history. I mean, even it's name is stupid.

Yeah, I like Taunting XD.

Yeah, CPU's are the worst sparring partners. I really don't know what Diddy's designers were think when they were programming him. he just annoying as crap.
Hoo-ha's just so incomplete without the grab, and thus makes the common Diddy incomplete by law of nature.

Keep dodging their excessive grabs and well...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hoo-ha's just so incomplete without the grab, and thus makes the common Diddy incomplete by law of nature.

Keep dodging their excessive grabs and well...
So basically spam the crap out of dodge and the Diddy's will be the ones rage quit. Gotcha :). Thanks for the advice.

The Hoo Haha name is hilarious if you know the origin of it.
What is the origin story behind it, if you don't mind me asking.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Aw phooey, I just know not to let things sit for too long. It doesn't help that I'm probably the biggest turd on the subject of Lag-johns, and wifi-rage. I regretted everything the second I hit send,and in Papa Legan's tradition I refuse to delete salt posts as a point of respect to the one I've wronged. May you use it to whatever effect you wish, I will not judge. The weak of conviction and constitution is subject to his own failings, not anyone else, so at that end I conclude my statement on the matter of my lameness.

(HALP GAIZE, I'VE BEEN EXPOSED FOR MY FRAUD!)

And yeah, I'm probably gonna need to unlearn brawl before I return to playing anyone in a serious manner, so If you'll excuuuuuse me prince-------- gentlemen, I'mma take shelter in my new base of operations.
Yo wanna play again? I wanna see if you have improved and can beat me.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace

Well It works on everyone, but DI and character weight do allow some variance of when a character will die from the dreaded HOOHAH.
And Ryu is suuuuuper tame compared to this, far Hadoken to Shoryu punish jump-in is SF2 stuff and get's beat by neutral jumping and punishing the whiffed DP.

Oh, well thanks ^.^" it's not really a cosplay, I just found an Organization 13 cloak and a Keyblade in my friend's room one day, and put it on lol. When I'm back in shape for A-kon this summer I'll show you guys a cosplay.

So basically spam the crap out of dodge and the Diddy's will be the ones rage quit. Gotcha :). Thanks for the advice.
Eh, dodging mindlessly will get you grabbed if the opponent is smart. Gauge the opponent's approach and decide whether rolling/jumping/Perfect Shield-grab punish on approach/spotdodge-punish is most appropriate and don't worry too much about it killing until 100% from ground level.

What is the origin story behind it, if you don't mind me asking.
Aside from it's normal origin, "Hoohah" can be interpreted as slang for genitalia, and implies the person using it is either a wimp that doesn't want to work for wins, or is a loser for not being able to win without it... To each their own.

Yo wanna play again? I wanna see if you have improved and can beat me.
I'd love to sometime, and I probably won't... win that is. I suck online, and am still a brawlscrub ATM. Last time went poorly due to aggresiveness, and this time will likely be lack of confidence lol.

On an unrelated note, I'm curious if anyone would care to see a video of me singing. @Scabe :4link:'ed us several of his original songs, and while I'm not much of a lyric writer, I fancy myself a competent musician/singer. Shot in the dark ^/_\^

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Well It works on everyone, but DI and character weight have do allow some variance of when a character will die from the dreaded HOOHAH.
And Ryu is suuuuuper tame compared to this, far Hadoken to Shoryu punish jump-in is SF2 stuff and get's beat by neutral jumping and punishing the whiffed DP.

Oh, well thanks ^.^" it's not really a cosplay, I just found an Organization 13 cloak and a Keyblade in my friend's room one day, and put it on lol. When I'm back in shape for A-kon this summer I'll show you guys a cosplay.

Eh, dodging mindlessly will get you grabbed if the opponent is smart. Gauge the opponent's approach and decide whether rolling/jumping/Perfect Shield-grab punish on approach/spotdodge-punish is most appropriate and don't worry too much about it killing until 100% from ground level.

Aside from it's normal origin, "Hoohah" can be interpreted as slang for genitalia, and implies the person using it is either a wimp that doesn't want to work for wins, or is a loser for not being able to win without it... To each their own.

I'd love to sometime, and I probably won't... win that is. I suck online, and am still a brawlscrub ATM.

On an unrelated note, I'm curious if anyone would care to see a video of me singing. @Scabe :4link:'ed us several of his original songs, and while I'm not much of a lyric writer, I fancy myself a competent musician/singer. Shot in the dark ^/_\^
I would like to hear you sing. No homo

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Sorry I only have the wii U version.

The downsides revolve around MP2 being more tedious than the 1st. It's harder but sometimes in a bad way. Ammo is required for the special beam weapons and is easy to come by but the game often is briefly interrupted by farming it. The dark world hurts Samus gradually and requires her to seek shelter in areas protected by light beacons and crystals. This slightly limits the freedom of exploration and creates a sense of urgency for most of the game. Some morph ball puzzles can be a pain in the butt too.
For a personal complaint, the environment isn't as pretty or fun as MP1 but that's my opinion.
With that said, MP2 is a very enjoyable game with no significant downsides. The controls are fantastic, there's tons to find and do, it's interesting and has good pacing. If you're a fan of sci-fi light shooters buying the Metroid Prime Trilogy from Wii U E shop at $20 is a fantastic deal as the first game alone is worth the money.

MP2 gets a 9 out of 10 from me. Onward to MP3 Corruption.

The cat has a 6th sense for when I'm going to play a video game. I've kept track and the last 7 times I started a game she jumps on my lap and walks little figure 8s. She "helped" me beat the final bosses of MP2 by walking in front of the pointer. Thankfully my mom is getting home from the hospital/wound rehab tomorrow and I'll return the cat after 3 months.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well It works on everyone, but DI and character weight do allow some variance of when a character will die from the dreaded HOOHAH.
Well that is fascinating. I really wonder why the designed did like that. It's just a little silly. I mean, if every character had something similar to this, then it would be fine. but seeing as it is Diddy exclusive.

Hm. Okay. I just saw the meme about Ryu and reading your post reminded me of it.
It still looks awesome. i wish I could cosplay once in my life.

So basically I need to play near prefect against Diddy's? Well, if my Robin fails, I at least one awesome character to fall back onto.

His green, powerful and you all love him

Little Mac

XD :4littlemac:

0_o

Oh.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I had a pretty good burrito yesterday.

Unfortunately, it was no Mediocre Burrito.

Top Bottom