• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

FSK

Smash Ace
Why don't you all come to Norway where wii games are still $70. ( ;-; ) and our equivalent to cents or pence is Øre (which means ear).

I found out some time ago that some books are made in two versions. The North American version which is expensive and high quality for the North American market. Then there is an international version that is cheaply made and is supposed to be cheaper. However in Norway the cheap version costs more than the expensive version in North America. It's also not allowed to sell the international version in North America. An example of this is Introductory Circuit Analysis by Boylestad, it says on the back:

If you Purchased this book within the United States or Canada you should be aware that it has been wrongfully imported without the approval of the Publisher or Author.

Not for Sale in the U.S.A. or Canada.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You gotta love a country that calls it's currency "ear". Specially considering that it is a Nordic country. It sparks the imagination about how the name came into being.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I live in the States, and I've never seen one.
Maybe it's an east coast thing
Places like Family Dollar, Dollar Tree are 99cent stores y'know
nah there's definitely 99cent stores all over the states

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Maybe it's an east coast thing
Places like Family Dollar, Dollar Tree are 99cent stores y'know
nah there's definitely 99cent stores all over the states
I've shopped at Dollar Tree's, but I've scoured shelves for items that cost exactly 99 cents. They're non existent when you add tax. I don't think I've ever paid for anything that totaled 99 cents exactly.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've shopped at Dollar Tree's, but I've scoured shelves for items that cost exactly 99 cents. They're non existent when you add tax. I don't think I've ever paid for anything that totaled 99 cents exactly.
Well if we are talking about the name, then I don't think I've ever seen a store that holds true to that name.
It seems @ Jasudin Jasudin gets a kick out of liking every post on the page ;3

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I shan't complain.
We need to convert our currency to Turkish lira. We'd all feel rich.
But if we all felt rich, there would be no upper class.
Prices would inflate, and after our economy reboots everything will be back to normal, minus items being marked as higher to keep up with the enormous circulation of that currency.
I like the way you think, so when can I sign up for this madness?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I'd rather him come to me, that shed is... disconcerting
What are you talking about! Uncle Shins Shed is a great place to be, especially for children. Ah... All of the muffled screams and dripping blood reminds me of home.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I walked in there once thinking it was an outhouse. It became an outhouse that day.
You win post of the day lol

So I was reading Sakurai's comments about clones in sm4sh and I don't think he knows anything about his own game.
"Lucina was the first [character] to be split off; this is because we made Marth's moves more standard so he could be easy to handle by novice players"

:confused::confused::confused:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
You win post of the day lol

So I was reading Sakurai's comments about clones in sm4sh and I don't think he knows anything about his own game.
"Lucina was the first [character] to be split off; this is because we made Marth's moves more standard so he could be easy to handle by novice players"

:confused::confused::confused:
Seems like he just doesn't understand spacing.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
what he said is true. casuals hate spacing.
sakurai understands it... probably, but he just doesn't think it's useful.
it's such a shame, really.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
What are you talking about! Uncle Shins Shed is a great place to be, especially for children. Ah... All of the muffled screams and dripping blood reminds me of home.
And don't forget the airborne rabies! everything is better with rabies!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Guys, I'll be headed to the hospital soon. I'm in serious pain, and I'm afraid it might have something to do with my appendix. Wish me luck.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Eeesh, I hope it IS your appendix. That's an easy fix. Hope everything turns out okay dude.
Yeah. My uncle actually had to get his removed because it bursted, so history might repeat itself. I have no experience when it comes to surgery so I'm really nervous.

On the other hand, the pain subsided for the most part. I'm still on my way to go have it checked because anything that causes that kind of pain shouldn't be taken lightly. I've never felt anything like it. Here's to hoping it isn't something too serious, like a severe case of gas, lol. If that's the case, I apologize for worrying you guys.

Jasudin

Smash Apprentice
In Your Alert Box, Increasing the Amount of Alerts
NNID
sushiramen8811
3DS FC
4768-7740-0434
:link: May the Triforce be with you.
[Insert meme picture]

Instantly Infracted and Shot at from Bad Joke and Picture

Anyways, fortuity and serendipity be in your presence.

Hope ya' feel better. :happysheep::kirby::halfsheep::happysheep::kirby: <----Panaceas of all maladies and calamities

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Surgery is a piece of cake. Nothing to worry about dude. Just lay back and let the cool liquid seep into your veins and then next thing you know you're awake somewhere else.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 Hope it's just an indigestion.

@ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive and @ Breadloaf Breadloaf LOL at your first world wisdom teeth removal. When I got mine removed it was just local anesthesia (as in only that part of my mouth was numb) and a guy with pliers who via brute force dislodged my tooth then stitched the whole shut. I was sent home and old to not eat anything solid for 3 days and that was it. No painkillers, nothing.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
My wisdom teeth have recently started an attempt to escape from within my skull. I fear that I may have to get them removed one day. I really don't want that to happen, though, because I've heard too many horror stories of people starting to get migraines after getting their wisdom teeth pulled.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive and @ Breadloaf Breadloaf LOL at your first world wisdom teeth removal. When I got mine removed it was just local anesthesia (as in only that part of my mouth was numb) and a guy with pliers who via brute force dislodged my tooth then stitched the whole shut. I was sent home and old to not eat anything solid for 3 days and that was it. No painkillers, nothing.
I also had local anaesthesia. I have no idea how they were removed, though the fifth one was below the bottom left one, so I'd imagine there was much digging to be done. Not having painkillers afterwards would have sucked though. You missed out on the best part.

Top Bottom