• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I've actually had my dentists recommend to me the idea of getting my wisdom teeth removed, something that the guys back at the town I used to live at 2 years ago never proposed (and I lived there all my life up until now). Never really could figure out whether or not I should get removed though, as they've never really bothered me. Which is strange, because I've had them in for like 4-5 years now, and you'd figure I'd get them out almost immediately by now.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 Hope it's just an indigestion.

@ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive and @ Breadloaf Breadloaf LOL at your first world wisdom teeth removal. When I got mine removed it was just local anesthesia (as in only that part of my mouth was numb) and a guy with pliers who via brute force dislodged my tooth then stitched the whole shut. I was sent home and old to not eat anything solid for 3 days and that was it. No painkillers, nothing.
Hahahahaha! Whenever I have anesthesia, I puff up and could die! I can't take many medicines either for the same reason. They had to literally knock me out using some other drug.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Alright, so it's nothing serious guys. It turns out that I was right. It was a really bad case of gastritis, which is a symptom of the new meds I've been on lately to help out with my ADD. The pain had actually been an issue for about a week now, but it was never as bad as it was today. However I do still think today was a good day cuz just as I was about to leave to the hospital, my cousin walked in with a copy of Sm4sh for the Wii U. :p Can't wait to get home now. Thanks for worrying about me though. I apologize in advance.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys, I'll be headed to the hospital soon. I'm in serious pain, and I'm afraid it might have something to do with my appendix. Wish me luck.
Get well soon and best of luck.
...Oh I saw the last post. I'm glad you're okay.
Speaking of surgery im getting my wisdoom teeth removed tommorow.
Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon after.
LOL at your first world wisdom teeth removal. When I got mine removed it was just local anesthesia (as in only that part of my mouth was numb) and a guy with pliers who via brute force dislodged my tooth then stitched the whole shut. I was sent home and old to not eat anything solid for 3 days and that was it. No painkillers, nothing.
Holy **** man. That sounds painful :(

My mom recently had a life threatening infection surgically removed. She's doing much better but will have to be in a rehab center after leaving the hospital so I'll be watching her cat for a while.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Get well soon and best of luck.
...Oh I saw the last post. I'm glad you're okay.

Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon after.

Holy **** man. That sounds painful :(

My mom recently had a life threatening infection surgically removed. She's doing much better but will have to be in a rehab center after leaving the hospital so I'll be watching her cat for a while.
Thanks man. They're actually out testing my blood sample and I currently have an I.V. hooked up on me as we speak for reasons I forgot other than hydration lol. And that's good to hear man. I hope she recovers soon. Good luck taking care of the little furry.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
My wisdom teeth have recently started an attempt to escape from within my skull. I fear that I may have to get them removed one day. I really don't want that to happen, though, because I've heard too many horror stories of people starting to get migraines after getting their wisdom teeth pulled.
The pain of the teeth attempting to escape is way worse than any migraine. I got 4 of mine pulled a few years ago, and I've yet to get a migraine.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Lozjam Lozjam My issue is that my body processes medicines too fast, so when I have surgery the effect wears off anywhere from 25% faster to 50% faster. I had a root canal done last year and the anesthesia wore off while he was burning my nerve. He injected some more but it wore on in 3 mins and I had to endure the rest of the procedure without any meds. I was also not given painkillers after than because that crap is for toon links. He f course, I did get an infection and **** started seeping out of that teeth and intent he whole where my wisdom tooth used to be in and into my skull. My left cheek was filled on the inside with **** and I had a 104 degree fever. Next day I went in and had the pus sacked out of my check via a needle through my gum. Two whole needles full of pus (I still have the pics of it), again, no anaesthesia for me.

I could tell more, but that's enough gore for today I think.

Also @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste , I remember when you told me that story. Here's to great dentists /)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I got 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (honestly didn't know there were more than that?) but they didn't do it in one go like they were SUPPOSED to. But anyway, you sometimes react differently to the anesthetic so they warned me I'd either be really upset or really happy.

First time I woke up feeling insanely depressed for no reason.

Second time, however, was hilarious. I was Mr. Confidence. I told the doctor she was pretty.

She was though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I got a t-shirt from it.

Did YOU guys get a FREE T-SHIRT to show the WORLD that you got your wisdom teeth removed?

:093:

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I got 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (honestly didn't know there were more than that?)
Most people are lucky and have 4. Some are super lucky and have less than 4. Then there are, others.

Did YOU guys get a FREE T-SHIRT to show the WORLD that you got your wisdom teeth removed?

No...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I got 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (honestly didn't know there were more than that?) but they didn't do it in one go like they were SUPPOSED to. But anyway, you sometimes react differently to the anesthetic so they warned me I'd either be really upset or really happy.

First time I woke up feeling insanely depressed for no reason.

Second time, however, was hilarious. I was Mr. Confidence. I told the doctor she was pretty.

She was though.

No, but I got pus in my skull, did you get pus in your skull?

I didn't think so.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Hahahahaha! Whenever I have anesthesia, I puff up and could die! I can't take many medicines either for the same reason. They had to literally knock me out using some other drug.
See I don't hate anesthesia or painkillers, but I have no tolerance for medical side-effects. Therefore, if it says, "may cause drowsiness", then I'll be unconscious in 30 minutes and you might as well go ahead punch me in the face repeatedly cause I'm not going to get up at anytime in that.

Taking that into account with the painkillers I was on when I had my wisdom teeth removed, I can sum that up in a story.
I played DDO back in the day (MMORPG for those who don't know) and it took forever to level up because you had 4 sublevels you had go through first. Anyways, I took painkillers, "went to sleep" around 8am, and woke up around 3pm. When I logged back on to DDO, I had leveled up two levels and had treasure from a Raid. I don't remember any of that. Apparently I actually woke up around 9am again, logged on, played about 2 or 3 hours (WHILE TRIPPING BALLS), and went back to sleep. My guildies said I was shouting some of the most hilarious **** they'd ever heard in their lives.

TL;DR - drugs are one hell of a drug.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Lots of people told me getting braces sucked. They're just a bunch of wimpy scrubs.
Lots of people have told me getting your wisdom teeth pulled out sucks. Don't know whether to believe them or not yet. So far, all I see is **** and ****. I can only assume the "pain" is just a bit worse than getting braces. :p

Edit: Kinda curious about why some of you guys hate Izaw. I know he posted a bit of "spam" on this board, but it seems to go further back than that.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lots of people told me getting braces sucked. They're just a bunch of wimpy scrubs.
Lots of people have told me getting your wisdom teeth pulled out sucks. Don't know whether to believe them or not yet. So far, all I see is **** and ****. I can only assume the "pain" is just a bit worse than getting braces. :p
You know what they say about assumptions.....

Rizen

Smash Legend
Welp, surgerys done feeling pretty good aside from not being able to differentiate my tounge from lip
At least you have the worst behind you.

For some reason I have 'City Escape' from Sonic Adventure 2 playing in my head (Follow me, set me free, trust me and we will escape from the city...).

I'm feeling worn out today.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
It would sure be nice to be able to make a post before getting 90 notifications saying "Jasudin has liked every post you ever made" :teeth:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

ama99

Smash Journeyman
That guy who posted all that stuff about Link being unviable is actually ********. He posted it three times, once on the Smash 4 boards, once on Gamefaqs and once on the Brawl forums.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That guy who posted all that stuff about Link being unviable is actually ********. He posted it three times, once on the Smash 4 boards, once on Gamefaqs and once on the Brawl forums.
He actually posted it on the Brawl forums after we trolled him by talking only about Brawl. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened, but I'm so glad it did.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Who, me or shin?

Thanks. You understand now. You're truly one of us.
All you guys did was lay down the law
I mean that Durango guy
He gave me a good laugh, but I honestly don't know why people are so hell bent on ****ing with people
Like chill dude

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
He actually posted it on the Brawl forums after we trolled him by talking only about Brawl. I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened, but I'm so glad it did.
At first I thought you were serious about Link's nair and I was convinced that people on this board were bad.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I mean that Durango guy
He gave me a good laugh, but I honestly don't know why people are so hell bent on ****ing with people
Like chill dude
Well, he did get infraction points but didn't do anything ban worthy.

At first I thought you were serious about Link's nair and I was convinced that people on this board were bad.
Poe's Law ama, Poe's Law.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I mean that Durango guy
Like chill dude
A lot of insecurity. You can see it in how people react to certain things. Like Lelouche didn't like what we had to say but he didn't respond the same way this guy did. Lelouche was just done and minded his own, he comments sometimes, I can respect that. This dude just blew up and then tried to call out a mod. Got rocked even harder and then essentially tried to pick a fight. Full ******.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Best avatar twenty fifteen right here. It just makes me want to post it everywhere so everyone can gaze upon its majesty and know that they are saved. Tears are manly and expected in situations such as these; that's your body instinctively trying to filter the image it is processing which is a sign that you are in fact mortal.
Thanks Zelkam!

Top Bottom