• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
That's exactly why I'm interested in CoE also, that Earthbound feeling. Why are you saying Trilogy is a joke though?
Oh I thought you were trolling.
I didn't see anything Metroid related in the Direct is all. Well besides amiibos

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This is one of the most toon link posts I have ever read, and that includes mlp threads. Really, that name color fits you perfectly Pinkstar.
Well then, you don't seem to want to get into the specifics of the game, I guess.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
When you say "Specifics" are we talking frame data….or Link's eye color? If it's the latter, so help me...
Both. It's everything about the game I'm interested in. The music, sfx, visuals, frame data, content... Everything. There's so many details in this game, and I want to absorb in all of them. I can't be satisfied with just knowing how to play the game. I want to know it INSIDE AND OUT (which is also why I wish I had the equipment to debug it).
Did you know Link has a new grunt sound when he gets hit? He only had 2 in Brawl. A graphical error with Link's eyes can occur if you spin attack into the ledge and pause at the right time. The "light" on Link's Dair lasts longer on the WiiU than on the 3ds to match the auto-cancel frame.
See, this is what I like to do when I get a game. Get into the casual, competitive, and technical aspects. Can we not talk about this?

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Oh I thought you were trolling.
I didn't see anything Metroid related in the Direct is all. Well besides amiibos
They mentioned bringing back some Wii titles to download directly onto the Wii U, the three that were shown were Super Mario Galaxy 2, Punchout, and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Can we not talk about this?
No, we can't. Also, your post makes it look as if you just creamed all over your smash box. Go to casual general discussion if you want to talk about your rule 34 smash.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
No, we can't. Also, your post makes it look as if you just creamed all over your smash box. Go to casual general discussion if you want to talk about your rule 34 smash.
You really do don't want to get into the specifics. Boring...;)

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
CD I IS DA VERRY BESTUSTEST GUIS HERMERGERD HERMAGERD

dhdiedxhduowoapqpjdhxgishfgeiaojdhwhqo

SACURY WHYS YOU NOEr pUT CD I LINK IN IS THE BEST LIKES MAH BOIS

PETISHIUUUUUUUUUN, PERISHIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN, PETISHIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU7UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

This post gave me a seizure. @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste you allow this?

This post gave me a seizure. @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste you allow this?
I don't think I like what you're implying. Do you want to take a trip to my shed with Jasudin? I have a spot for you, right next to my dolls.

Please don't ostracize me...

CDI Forever!

I don't know about the others, but I'm not in the mood for mercy. One more mention of that abomination and I will send you on that most magical of trips. The game with no name goes unmentioned with reason. The best way to erase something and truly kill it, is to kill its memory.

Food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I just don't understand the people who are freaking out over the *new* 3DS. It's just the DSi all over again. Nintendo is gonna release a slightly enhanced version of their already existing handheld that will be mostly underutilized and then replaced by the actual new handheld within two years. Do people never learn?

Plus, the name is stupid. If parents didn't get confused enough over all the different variations of Nintendo hardware. lol

I'm getting more and more excited for Splatoon. Seriously, it looks like one of the most interesting games I've seen in a while. And I usually don't get excited for FPS games. We should start a Link main team if the game allows to team up with friends online. Who's with me??

Last edited:
I'm getting more and more excited for Splatoon. Seriously, it looks like one of the most interesting games I've seen in a while. And I usually don't get excited for FPS games. We should start a Link main team if the game allows to team up with friends online. Who's with me??
I am mega hyped for Splatoon. So yes, I am with you. But only if I get to play some silly niche like sniper or heavy weapons guy.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oh, can I play too? How about I start giving out infractions for images posted without any reason, or CDi images. I mean, people already claim that I'm power tripping, so I might as well enjoy it.

Anyways, I'm on board for a Splatoon Link main team.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
*breaks away from Persona 4 to deliver a message*

I just don't understand the people who are freaking out over the *new* 3DS. It's just the DSi all over again. Nintendo is gonna release a slightly enhanced version of their already existing handheld that will be mostly underutilized and then replaced by the actual new handheld within two years. Do people never learn?
I probably won't ever learn. *sigh* I think Nintendo has figured out that all they need to do to sell me upgrades is slap a Zelda decal on them... But daaaaang, do I want it. That and the new Fire Emblem.

*gets grabbed and dragged off by Persona 4 again*

Oh, can I play too? How about I start giving out infractions for images posted without any reason, or CDi images. I mean, people already claim that I'm power tripping, so I might as well enjoy it.

I think I have something better. As mentioned before, Damnatio Memoriae. Anyone who posts CD-I simply becomes a part of it, and we never speak to, or of, them again. They disappear to nothing.

A suitable fate for their heresy, methinks.

Rizen

Smash Legend

You power trip? That's absurd!

I got some good wifi games in where I felt like I could control Link, lol. Then I played someone else and couldn't buffer at all :/ SSB4 is starting to feel more natural though. I'm getting better with practice. Videos coming soon.

...I never watched the direct. Need to do that :rolleyes:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I think I have something better. As mentioned before, Damnatio Memoriae. Anyone who posts CD-I simply becomes a part of it, and we never speak to, or of, them again. They disappear to nothing.

A suitable fate for their heresy, methinks.
We can make them into an unoerson and also delete said post. Go full on Stalin.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Was I the only one here that wasn't all that impressed with the Direct? Here's my personal list explaining why.
1. I'm not interested in the puzzle games.
2. Splatoon looks too weird for my tastes.
3. Majora's Mask became portable and prettier. Wooooo.......
4. I'm not a big fan of Tactical RPG's, so my interest in the Fire Emblem games is ALMOST non-existent (FE: Awakening has piqued my interest after watching Gimpyfish play it.)
5. Never been a fan of using the stylus to control Kirby, so Kirby and the Rainbow Curse hasn't given me anything to be excited about.
6. I stopped playing Mario Party after 7. 9 wasn't great, and 10 looks identical to it.
7. New 3DS with a C-stick......... I'll save my money.
8. Nothing new about Zelda Wii U. That hurt.
9. While the Xenoblade Chronicles X looks ****ing amazing, I'd have liked to have seen a little bit of actual gameplay.
10. Blek....... Did it REALLY score prizes? I'd never even heard of it before the Direct. You.... connect dots......

Besides a couple of unique looking RPG's, MH4, and Xenoblade, I wasn't blown away by this Direct. Your thoughts?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Was I the only one here that wasn't all that impressed with the Direct? Here's my personal list explaining why.
1. I'm not interested in the puzzle games.
2. Splatoon looks too weird for my tastes.
3. Majora's Mask became portable and prettier. Wooooo.......
4. I'm not a big fan of Tactical RPG's, so my interest in the Fire Emblem games is ALMOST non-existent (FE: Awakening has piqued my interest after watching Gimpyfish play it.)
5. Never been a fan of using the stylus to control Kirby, so Kirby and the Rainbow Curse hasn't given me anything to be excited about.
6. I stopped playing Mario Party after 7. 9 wasn't great, and 10 looks identical to it.
7. New 3DS with a C-stick......... I'll save my money.
8. Nothing new about Zelda Wii U. That hurt.
9. While the Xenoblade Chronicles X looks ****ing amazing, I'd have liked to have seen a little bit of actual gameplay.
10. Blek....... Did it REALLY score prizes? I'd never even heard of it before the Direct. You.... connect dots......

Besides a couple of unique looking RPG's, MH4, and Xenoblade, I wasn't blown away by this Direct. Your thoughts?
I agree with points 1 5 6 7 8 9 10...oh and 7.

@ Zelkam Zelkam you make a pretty compelling case. I agree, we should still infract @ Jasudin Jasudin .
I dunno, that was a pretty convincing apology, and we did decide on Damnatio Memoriae after his post.

Perhaps one more chance? I'll even keep my paddle in hand, should he get out of line. Besides. Eccentricity is something I think we thrive on here. So long as he keeps his heresies to a minimum I think we can keep him around.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Would y'all agree that Link is A Tier material for animations? I mean, look at his face. The flowing hair. The determination. He doesn't plan on losing any time soon (unlike Gay).
I would have to get the game to 100% agree, but for what I have seen, you are right.

He doesn't plan on losing any time soon (unlike Gay).
:glare:. Dude, seriously?! Toon link (or gay) is nothing but animations, the only characters I would says come close to him is Link, luigi, Robin and only one to beat toon link, Kirby

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yall just like hazing me in this thread, don't you?

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, I've been new for a long time. How long does this usually last? 2 years? :p

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well, I've been new for a long time. How long does this usually last? 2 years? :p
It varies. We never stopped flaming Lord X, even in the fb group. Heck, we even managed to flame him away it seems. It's been ages since he's said anything.

We work on a case to case basis.

Top Bottom