• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey, if we are going to have this thread titleless, at least stroke my ego and change it to "Link Social - Bomber is a bomb-bad badass"

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Guy's I think my Link is really improving. I'm getting a lot better at my edge guarding and ground game. I've spiked so many people today online I can't stop laughing. Lmao Something just clicked and my win percentage has instantly been getting better.

Guy's I think my Link is really improving. I'm getting a lot better at my edge guarding and ground game. I've spiked so many people today online I can't stop laughing. Lmao Something just clicked and my win percentage has instantly been getting better.
Good, now put it to use and check out some local tournes. Wifi is fine for practice, but the end goal is always to be effective at play in real time.

Break throughs feel good, just make sure you're ready to keep chipping away when you plateau again.

Last edited:

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Good, now put it to use and check out some local tournes. Wifi is fine for practice, but the end goal is always to be effective at play in real time.

Break throughs feel good, just make sure you're ready to keep chipping away when you plateau again.
I'll look into the Las Vegas scene for Smash and see who I can find. I used to post on TYM which is a Mortal Kombat forum. Turns out one of the EVO champs lives near me but I never met up with him despite trying to get into contact with him.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm already pretty sick of online play.

:093:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Gratz. Now, besides what Shin said (which you have to do) try to play online vs us. Most people who play in FG are just scrubawful and so things that work vs them will just get you punish to hell and back at a tourney. Play vs us as you look for a tourney so that the difficulty curve remain that, a curve rather than a cliff face.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Gratz. Now, besides what Shin said (which you have to do) try to play online vs us. Most people who play in FG are just scrubawful and so things that work vs them will just get you punish to hell and back at a tourney. Play vs us as you look for a tourney so that the difficulty curve remain that, a curve rather than a cliff face.
I'll add you on 3DS right now.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'd have to get people to notice your first kid. I think that over half the board have no idea who you are. Can't blame them either. You never post and are proud of maining gay.
Oh, okay, I'll make sure to post more often :).

Though just to tell you guys, I am still deciding whether to main Link or Toon Link along side Robin. It's really hard to decide.

Tink's a kid, and so we shall name you. It's one of the greatest privileges of growing older that you can playfully or sardonically call others "kid".
That sounds fun

Rolling should degenerate shield :/
In this version of smash bros, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I dislike Falco.

And Izaw.

oh no

I already knew the Bowser Jr. thing though.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah I knew about the Bowser Jr thing too, but I thought this worked differently. ?
What I'm hoping for is a more universal application that is just easier to perform with some moves, Falco's Dair being one of them.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah I knew about the Bowser Jr thing too, but I thought this worked differently. ?
Yeah, I'm like almost completely positive they don't work off the same principle, which is why I'm annoyed it was included in that video.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh, okay, I'll make sure to post more often :).

Though just to tell you guys, I am still deciding whether to main Link or Toon Link along side Robin. It's really hard to decide.

That sounds fun

In this version of smash bros, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.
Exit's thataway :)

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Well, for the Diddy Shenigans, I'd rather take the chance of DI'ing and airdodging/nairing the Uairs correctly rather than avoiding DK's grab followups in Project M. Basically with him, if you're DI prediction is wrong you get several bairs to the face, or get spiked offstage by dair or fair. =/

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
What exit? :p

Nah man I here to stay :)[
Well, for the Diddy Shenigans, I'd rather take the chance of DI'ing and airdodging/nairing the Uairs correctly rather than avoiding DK's grab followups in Project M. Basically with him, if you're DI prediction is wrong you get several bairs to the face, or get spiked offstage by dair or fair. =/
Diddy being top tier is honestly a lot better than what I was expecting. Diddy is actually a charismatic and enjoyable character. People can whine about him being top tier just to be stupid but honestly, HOW can you hate a monkey that likes to give you bananas? You think he's throwing that **** at you with a smile on his face because he hates the universe? Hell no, that little guy is just sharing his plethora of potassium he has stashed up his ***. It's gross, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Diddy being top tier is honestly a lot better than what I was expecting. Diddy is actually a charismatic and enjoyable character. People can whine about him being top tier just to be stupid but honestly, HOW can you hate a monkey that likes to give you bananas? You think he's throwing that **** at you with a smile on his face because he hates the universe? Hell no, that little guy is just sharing his plethora of potassium he has stashed up his ***. It's gross, but it's the thought that counts, right?
Potassium is radioactive. He's trying to kill you with cancer.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hello Hylians. Ganondorf has brought you a gift. There will be a spring focused Nintendo Direct on Wednesday. Give your thanks to Ganondorf for this wonderful event, and pray he takes mercy on your Nintendo Soul.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Honestly, I just really don't get the Diddy hype at all. Look I get it, he's definitely top, but when you think about, people shouting "best character in the game at him" forget we had this phase where characters like Little Mac, Bowser, and Rosalina were considered OP (I still think Rosa is kinda jank, actually), but people eventually adapted and moved on to the next perceived "best character in the game". Personally, I don't even think there's a definitive best, there's definitely top tiers in Smash 4, but certainly not a single character who has infinitely more options than everyone else (see Melee Fox and Brawl MK). The top 10 is a bit too close IMO to even tell.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh

Bummer...
Yeah it is and (to all the Linkains out there who hate me for main gay) that really is the only reason I main him, cause his the closes thing to Young Link I've got. Yes you could argue that Linl is close what with hi sharing the same moves, but it's not the moves rather the feel of the character (that being toon Link speed) but still rink does give the same feel has Young Link does when I play him. Oh, I wish they would just bring Young Link back as DLC. If Dr Mario and Mewtwo can come back, why can't Young Link

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Honestly, I just really don't get the Diddy hype at all. Look I get it, he's definitely top, but when you think about, people shouting "best character in the game at him" forget we had this phase where characters like Little Mac, Bowser, and Rosalina were considered OP (I still think Rosa is kinda jank, actually), but people eventually adapted and moved on to the next perceived "best character in the game". Personally, I don't even think there's a definitive best, there's definitely top tiers in Smash 4, but certainly not a single character who has infinitely more options than everyone else (see Melee Fox and Brawl MK). The top 10 is a bit too close IMO to even tell.
Link is actually in top 10 right now btw. :p

Edit: Holy ****, Shiek is actually top tier now, making Diddy "2nd best".

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Link is actually in top 10 right now btw. :p

Edit: Holy ****, Shiek is actually top tier now, making Diddy "2nd best".
Lemme guess, you looked at Event Hubs, didn't you? Shame on you. D=

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I got bad news guys. I can't seem to get the latest update or the hate to play online fore super smash bros 3ds. What do I do?!

Also can someone link me the tier list, plz?

Goulmania

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goulmania
Whoa either that tier list is so wrong or the CPU really suck in smash 4
that tier list is so wrong and the cpu suck at smash. There I said it.

I think you can come on eventhubb and up vote link once a day to make him top tier. It's basically like farmville on facebook.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
They'll patch it out. *sigh*
Sakurai has said there are no more balance patches coming.

Also, I think I did a cancel with Link without knowing. I'll record the replay and post it. Finally, stop posting damn Tier Lists. I don't get it, we make un of tier lists and flame tier whores, and the you guys keep reading a tier list you yourself admit it's wrong. Stop being scrubs.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Holy ****. Check this out. http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-cancel.386639/
Makes me wonder if Link has anything like this.
It'd be awesome if we had :linkmelee: In Sm4sh.
The move has to actually hit before landing in order to cancel, right?
Sakurai has said there are no more balance patches coming.

Also, I think I did a cancel with Link without knowing. I'll record the replay and post it. Finally, stop posting damn Tier Lists. I don't get it, we make un of tier lists and flame tier *****s, and the you guys keep reading a tier list you yourself admit it's wrong. Stop being scrubs.
Make sure you didn't auto-cancel the move. I saw a post in that thread on how a Link comboed a Dair into a Usmash, which is only possible at low% and if Dair is auto-cancelled.

Top Bottom