• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
He's joking. I meat 11 hours 45 minutes.
I don't keep up with football much. Only when the Broncos won 2 super bowls in a row and when the got their butts handed to them by the Sea Hawks in a recent super bowl. :/

Now my phone says 'no line' but my internet is still working. I have no idea why. Everything's a pos :glare:

Last edited:

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
I enjoy football the most when sleeping. Which is quite handy because most of those ****ing games are so ****ING long they put me to sleep before the game clock is five minutes through.

Seriously. I played soccer for my entire public school career and it's just so much faster that even trying to sit through an entire football game is just a chore. Four 15 minute quarters should never add up to four hours of game footage.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
We'll lets see what the Link mains are up t-
ugh you link mains are just weird

*check to see who I am maining*

Yeah, still Toon Link and Robin

Fourty two.

Just be glad I caught this, and not Moo.
Oh thanks :). Wait, what would have happened if this Moo has found it instead?

Oh and @ Elessar Elessar how's that thing coming along about everyone here calling me "kid"?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oh and @ Elessar Elessar how's that thing coming along about everyone here calling me "kid"?
I'd have to get people to notice your first kid. I think that over half the board have no idea who you are. Can't blame them either. You never post and are proud of maining gay.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yes, I'm still alive.

I'll try not to disappear unannounced next time. I won't be available for online matches for idk how long.

It seems about 480 people will be going to Smash4 at APEX. I say "SAAAAAACK!" for all of those going representing Link.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I know none of you guys care about football but the Dallas Cowb oys got robbed on that catch.

By the way, I have had a lot of the alcohols right now. If my WiiU was here and not at my brother's palce atm I'd ttoally take you all on online. Gotta work on my beer cancelling technique ftw.
Naw, look up the Calvin Johnson rule
Nonetheless you guys robbed the Lions last week anyway, so just desserts
I'm a saints fan btw
I root for nobody this playoffs ;-;

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
certain sports being boring or not, usually depends on your level knowledge and interest. I see chess as way more hype than american football, since I understand chess more than american football (I don't understand american football at all).

Rizen

Smash Legend
I found this in the Duck Hunt MU thread; it's funny:
"Moves to watch out for with Link are his down-smash, which is very fast with little ending lag. Can-shield if Link gets too close, since Link is more of a close-range kinda guy with Duck Hunt."

Spirst

To be fair, even I think that's ridiculous. Have to love misconceptions/oversimplifications in the early metagame.

Spirst

Man, it's like just mentioning another board summons them. Someone think of something derogatory to say about Diddy Kong.
I generally lurk in random places at random times. This was one of the very few times I lurked at a relevant moment.

As for Diddy, there's derogatory things about him pretty much everywhere so what's one more place?

**** Diddy.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
To be fair, even I think that's ridiculous. Have to love misconceptions/oversimplifications in the early metagame.
Good because I cried when I read that line.

DIddy may be top tier, but he's beatable. People need to chill. I mean, he's not MK for goodness sake.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
ARGH I KEEP CHOKING STOCK LEADS AGAINST THIS LUCARIO
Any tips?

DIddy may be top tier, but he's beatable. People need to chill. I mean, he's not MK for goodness sake.
Still to see him everywhere is annoying
Everybody wants the easy route

Last edited:

Spirst

Yeah, I agree, he is beatable. That said, some of the stuff he can do is so braindead stupid that it's frustrating. Not to mention there's an overabundance of Diddy Kong because everyone wants to win and takes the path of least resistance. So fun.

Besides, what will we whine about otherwise?

Last edited:
I generally lurk in random places at random times. This was one of the very few times I lurked at a relevant moment.

As for Diddy, there's derogatory things about him pretty much everywhere so what's one more place?

**** Diddy.
You see this, guys? We have lurkers, and you toon Link ****lords have been talking ameritackleball for the last two pages. You're making us look like a bunch of disgusting casuals.

Spirst

I don't think I have ever actually visited the Toon Link boards once despite the fact that I lurk most everywhere.

I don't think I have ever actually visited the Toon Link boards once despite the fact that I lurk most everywhere.
Good.

A pox on the gay boards. The only ones who get respect are the ones who continue to play him after they realize Link is actually better this time around. And half of those guys are Aussies.

I haven't actually been there yet this edition so it could be full of those types. Old prejudices and too much pride won't permit me to check, however.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Man, it's like just mentioning another board summons them. Someone think of something derogatory to say about Diddy Kong.
FUNKY HUNKY CHUNKY MONKEY FLUNKY.

I actually like Diddy, but Heaven help for the beat down I'm about to get for that statement.

Spirst

Yeah, I have no real interest in Toon Link and have preferred Link over him since Brawl even though that recovery was...unflattering.

I'll go visit there someday. Probably not.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I like Diddy in theory. I honestly prefer current Diddy to being nanner locked, lol. I just hate rolling in general.
You and @ Elessar Elessar backhanded that habbit down a whole ton for me. Honestly, I like not rolling now.
Thanks Uncle(?) Shin?

And yeah, banana lock was annoying, even when I did it to others in brawl.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Rolling is stupid in this game
Especially the FG matches where you spend the entirety of it punishing rolling noobs rather than playing it normally. It's so boring....

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
The problem with many matchup threads I've seen is that they include silly tips from FG players. We see it here occasionally too: "Many Falcons [on For Glory..] spam Falcon Kick, which is very punishable." -- as if any Falcon player with a prefrontal cortex larger than a monkey's would do such a thing! For Glory has about as much to do with the game as it is actually played by those who have any idea what they are doing as Tink has to do with heterosexuality.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

Go tell that to the "tops" who cried that he was even more broken than MK and called for a ban a month into the game. Coincidentally, they all mained MK in Brawl.

Also, we get a lot of FG scrubs here, we just flame them off our boards to keep the misconception and FG scrub play tips at zero.

Goulmania

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goulmania
Go tell that to the "tops" who cried that he was even more broken than MK and called for a ban a month into the game. Coincidentally, they all mained MK in Brawl.
I think the problem with diddy is that he has 1 very very good option (Dthrow to Uair) that can do everything for him (good damage and kills) and when people saw this they were overwhelmed because they didn't quite know how to deal with the newly discovered strategies that involved this option.

Nowhere near MK level in brawl where litterally every option he had was better than every other character's in the game (give or take).

Diddy just doesn't have that kind of perfect game where no matter where he is he comes out on top. (easily gimped and can have difficulty landing if you're below him and read his side-b)

edit: I might add that paying against diddy isn't worst that playing against ness when you're at 100% and more, watch for the grab, don't fall for the projectiles that lead in the grab. That is all.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
I don't think Diddy is too bad. Just mix up your DI to mess up his grab followups, same goes for ZSS. I usually escape ZSS grab follow ups with ease. Sheik and fox however are a nightmare for Link.

sheik has 5-6 hit true comboes on Link and kill setups goddammnit ;-;

Also, been working a bit on my Private Oasis tribute. There still ALOT to do and its mainly texturing which I'm terrible at :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom