• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No, no, don't apologize :facepalm: (;))
sorry :seuss:

@ The Merc The Merc : But... tl;dr is already in there. I added it a few days ago (?) when I realised that while it is just internet slang and not smash jargon, it was a re-occurring problem because people on this site use it a lot and because people either assume that it is smash jargon or they weren't bothered to use google, so I added it. Serious question though: did you look for it recently in the dictionary and not find it? Because that would concern me and I'd have to try think of a way to make it more user friendly. If you tried to find it when it was there and were unable to locate it, then that's a problem with the thread, not the user.

Oh and as for the quote, I think there's only room in my sig for one of the quotes.
Oh. It is? Well, (to answer you question) when I last check, it wasn't there, but that was a while ago. I'll go check there now. Thanks :)

Also, I disappointed to hear that about you sig. Though again speak of sigs, do you now how to make a sig bigger? Do you have to get a premium? Because I can't seem to fit everything I want to fit into my sig.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Rizen Rizen : I think I remember reading somewhere that momentum cancelling isn't a thing in smash 4, like at all. There was vectoring and there is still whatever is left of it horizontally, but momentum cancelling as we knew it in brawl is dead. (-untested, but I trust my memory)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyway, I noticed Link's jab cancel isn't as dependable as we first thought. Or maybe lv9 CPUs are really good at getting out of it. I've had Mario cape me before I could transition into another attack.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Anyway, I noticed Link's jab cancel isn't as dependable as we first thought. Or maybe lv9 CPUs are really good at getting out of it. I've had Mario cape me before I could transition into another attack.
Well, Level 9 CPUs do have superhuman timing. Few moves are confirmed on many characters, I presume, but the timing to get out must be so tight that it rarely happens. We'll have to look into the frama data sometime.

And hey, as a goodbye to Scabe, I'm watching him play everyone's favorite Metaknight again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BflGBb3Dn-0

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Wow, I'm practicing on random stages to learn them and some are made to seriously troll. The Starfox gate stage, Wolly Yoshi stage and Pikmin stage in particular.

PS
I unlocked Fatboy and Fem-Marth.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ The Merc The Merc Kid, when we ask for thick skin, we mean it for everyone. Stop apologizing be rude, troll, this is the Link Boards, trolling is our language.

We'll make a man of you yet.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Friend request sent. Getting on Smash wifi. Hosting a room.
Edit, can you join?

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I've tried using DSmash or Up-B before instead of the 3rd jab, but it's a bit too slow
New mods errwhere mangs
Don't even have to click the link to know that it's Mulan

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Oh wow, I know this is old news but roll dodges are freaking OP in this game!
Unless you play Vermanubis. I've been watching his videos for inspiration for my Ganon (when I can finally play the game again), and he punishes those rolls like a nun with a ruler.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc Kid, when we ask for thick skin, we mean it for everyone. Stop apologizing be rude, troll, this is the Link Boards, trolling is our language.

We'll make a man of you yet.
Ok :).

Though thanks but no thanks. I think I wish stick to being the gentleman I am. :seuss:

Oh wow, I know this is old news but roll dodges are freaking OP in this game!
Yeah, they kind of are. Serious, just play smash 4 continuously for a while and then go play Brawl or Melee or PM and you will notice a difference. It's almost an eye soar

Oh you.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
The moment our intentions become clear to the rest of the world, all of the neglect and misunderstanding will have been worth it.
They will come to know the meaning of "help" before long. Coddle the weak and you will only feed them, when they need to be taught so they may feed themselves.

Also:
Good Cop: @Hong
Bad Cop: @ Elessar Elessar
Openly Deceptive Cop: @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive

We sincerely hope you feel like sticking around Hong, you're a cool dude like zelda and doesn't afraid of anything :D

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I've never had any of the issues they are harping on about and have only ever seen a positive response to newcomers...

I MEAN uh... yeah those nublets suxors teh berls. Er something.

Whatever, as long as we're keeping the cowardly Marth mains away I guess we're doing something right.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Whatever, as long as we're keeping the cowardly Marth mains away I guess we're doing something right.
You can't hide from me. :4marth:

Although I will say, trying to jab, dodge, spot dodge, power shield.... every projectile to approach you Link mains is incredibly difficult for me. And if I do approach, it's a smash attack to send me right back to neutral. I need to learn!

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Was doing some research for the Q&A thread and stumbled across this little gem

http://smashboards.com/threads/seizon-senryaku-marth-general.366765/page-12#post-18066501

It seems we're doing our job right, gentlemen
I'm sure that I don't know I choose not to know what they're talking about. B)

Ha, ha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love this place 10x more! (changes to Dark Link)
Darn right!
I can only go as far as Fierce Deity, not quite Dark Link.

On a scale of 1 to Fox, how openly deceptive is he?

Last edited:

TFofTruth

Smash Rookie
Maximillian Dood's latest "Assist Me" portrays Link in a way that reminded me of these boards. Coincidence?

FSK

Smash Ace
You can't hide from me. :4marth:

Although I will say, trying to jab, dodge, spot dodge, power shield.... every projectile to approach you Link mains is incredibly difficult for me. And if I do approach, it's a smash attack to send me right back to neutral. I need to learn!
Against Link though you can abuse shield. Since he is not particularly fast and many of his stronger attacks have significant recovery time. Link's grab is very bad so if he tries to adapt to your shielding by grabbing more you can just incorporate more spot dodges. Alternatively you can also throw out side-b's (or dash attacks at high percentages) since grabs do not have grab armor anymore. You should test if Link's grab range ends at Marth's tipper range cause that would be very bad for us. Also remember that bombs do not explode when hitting the ground after hitting shield. You can rush down Link and grab him if you powershield his boomerang. You can do the same with zair. Arrows have a long startup so those can also be powershielded easily.

Against 90% of Link players powershielding and rushing in with shield will destroy them. Fox and Sonic for instance are very good at doing this.

Now how do you as a Link main respond to rushdowns? You anticipate/bait the rush down then run away and pivot grab them. Since if they shield you will grab them, if they dash attack you will avoid the hitbox and still grab them. Pivot grab has a deceptionally long range. There is a risk to this though so to mix it up you could pivot tilt or pivot smash. You could also backroll instead of running. Punishing people who commit to their aerial approach with pivot tilt is also great.

Could someone test airdodge lag vs. Link's grab cooldown. Cause if you can grab from the air unpunished that would be great.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Was doing some research for the Q&A thread and stumbled across this little gem

http://smashboards.com/threads/seizon-senryaku-marth-general.366765/page-12#post-18066501

It seems we're doing our job right, gentlemen
I just went there and liked every comment that from JingleJangleJamil because lulzy. And yes, we are once again attaining our place as that board. I'm sure uncle @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste will be more than pleased.

Also, lol at that guy saying that we don't count because we never place in anything. Easy to say that when you mained Marth in Brawl and Melee where we were garbage tier. Let's see now that we can actually not die after a grab.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Also, lol at that guy saying that we don't count because we never place in anything. Easy to say that when you mained Marth in Brawl and Melee where we were garbage tier. Let's see now that we can actually not die after a grab.
For what it's worth, the Puerto Rico community has been having weekly online tournaments. And we have had top players from our region joining in. A Link player has gotten third and then second place on the last two tournaments. Losing only to a Lucario/Peach and TL/Shiek player respectively.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Not to mention the stickied thread that details Link mains' winnings in tournaments so far *facepalm*.

I dunno. I could not care less who mains who and what that might say about the person playing, and I very seldom find a reason to instantly dislike a single person, but it's really easy when I can directly see one or two people making grossly misinformed blanket statements about a community I have really come to admire. I have been legitimately helped by this community, and I care about it, so sorry to everyone if my posts on this particular subject come across as a huge "F*** you."

Who needs salt mines when you have Marth tears? Yes, we are that board, the one you come to when you want to do work. You've all done me proud, and I don't see how we do things changing. The sun shines, grass grows, birds fly, Link mains are assholes.

Top Bottom