• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I measure my skill from those matches, so my interpretation is different from yours. The Rio Grande Valley isn't usually known for bringing forth highly competitive smashers. So again, forgive me for my rashness.
Oh please. I live in South America, in a country where the competitive scene is maybe 20 people big and I'm among the best and am the best Link in my country. Even still I know I'm an average player because I don't look at my peers or people below me to measure my skill, I look up tot he ones who are better. That way, I know I still need more work and improve. If all you do is look at your side and below you'll never stop being a FG scrub.

At least I can say I'm top in my country as well as the best Link in my country. Can you? Can you even say that about your state? No? Then how on Earth do you have the balls to say that that you are better than average? You live in a country with probably the highest skill ceiling while I've already reached mine and am currently breaking it to keep climbing, and yet you are the one who has an overblown ego? Based on what, 2 stocking roll happy scrubs in FG and a handful of super laggy matches?

If you really aspire to being anything beyond the semi competent player you are now stop thinking too high of yourself, or the only thing you'll get is being the punch line of a joke, like CoH. We'll add your name to the dictionary:

Powerstar9/Powerscrub9: For Glory scrub hero who thinks himself to be a top.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
And Ele comes back with the surprise text-based-DAC under Powerstar's recovery. Is this it? CAN HE DI!? Thought they patched this **** out?

His points are valid, his words are vitriolic. ONLY THE STOCK METER WILL TELL.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Idk guys he was one of the best Links I've ever seen.

Just IMO of course.
OMG; SOOK'S BACK; THIS IS SO DAMN HYPE THAT MY SHIFT KEY BROKE!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!

THE BOMBSLIDE SLÜT; THE FATHER OF THE UNGIMPABLE LINK; THE RECOVERY GENIUS!!!!!!!!

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
OMG; SOOK'S BACK; THIS IS SO DAMN HYPE THAT MY SHIFT KEY BROKE!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!

THE BOMBSLIDE SLÜT; THE FATHER OF THE UNGIMPABLE LINK; THE RECOVERY GENIUS!!!!!!!!
He also beat me despite a high level beer cancel.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm pretty excited for the link ditto tournament. Good chance to see how good my Smash3ds Link is against everyone else's
No. Cardinal rule of Wifi: do not take it serious. It is not a good indicator of skill, ability or performance. It is good fun, that is all. The people who profit the most are the idiots who take it serious and use it to aggrandize their own vanity, and their sycophantic followers who love the pomp and procession, shunning substance and depth. The weakest eyes are the most fond of glittering objects. You are better than that.

Go offline kid, go offline. Elessar does it, and his smash scene gets as much activity as the average smasher's genitals. You have skill. I want to see you use it. Place high in tournaments. You can do it. Sook senses it too. Prove to the world that Link is a viable character in this game.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Wait, did @ sasook sasook just acknowledge me? THATSFRICKINAMAZINGOMGICANTCONTROLMYSELFIMDIEING!!!!! (Ok, calm down. Jeez, my adrenaline is going through the roof today. Even with 2 hours of sleep)
No. Cardinal rule of Wifi: do not take it serious. It is not a good indicator of skill, ability or performance. It is good fun, that is all. The people who profit the most are the idiots who take it serious and use it to aggrandize their own vanity, and their sycophantic followers who love the pomp and procession, shunning substance and depth. The weakest eyes are the most fond of glittering objects. You are better than that.

Go offline kid, go offline. Elessar does it, and his smash scene gets as much activity as the average smasher's genitals. You have skill. I want to see you use it. Place high in tournaments. You can do it. Sook senses it too. Prove to the world that Link is a viable character in this game.
Thanks guys. I am technically a kid, but I am pretty determined to show the world how awesome Link is. And that is why I love my avatar sooo much: it represents me perfectly.
Hopefully, the event happening in my area called STGC will have Smash4 in their lineup (note: the current lineup/divisions aren't final). there's usually CallofDuty and StreetFighter tourneys there, but they have hosted Brawl and Melee in the past, so hopefully they will host Smash4. If not, I'll be stuck with online tourneys and Lvl 9 CPUs. :(

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Don't you have friends that play? Start a smash group and organize tourneys yourself. If you don't have a good smash community to help build you up, you might just have to build it yourself first.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah. They're on the casual level, though. They tell me to participate in tournaments ALL THE TIME. Kind of gets annoying, but it's much appreciated. I would organize a smash group at my school, but I'll probably just wait until my Senior year to do so since I have a ton of work and concerts coming up that I need to get out of the way.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The hell? ... Doing the input for a JC U-tilt results in an U-smash.
Why? Was this always a thing?

Edit: ok so it doesn't work for the tilt stick (c-stick set to attack). Only happens when you hold up, then press jump and attack in quick succession. Doesn't make sense.

Edit 2: So lightly tilting and holding the joystick upwards has the same result as the tilt-stick. So the U-smash only works if you hold the joystick (almost) all the way up. Maybe something to do with the new buffering system?

Edit 3: I'm thinking that the jump somehow interrupts the function of the joystick for a split second, so that by the time it comes to pressing attack, the game reads it so that the joystick was moved to the full up-right position only a frame or two ago.

Edit 4: Ok, so the previous idea is wrong. If this were the case then using a Samus missile immediately as you jump out of a walk would result in the larger missile, but it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be any reason behind the tilt-smash.

Edit 5: Was this put in just to make it easier to do stuff like U-smash OoS for people that didn't have c-sticks or any technical ability whatsoever?

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Yeah. They're on the casual level, though. They tell me to participate in tournaments ALL THE TIME. Kind of gets annoying, but it's much appreciated. I would organize a smash group at my school, but I'll probably just wait until my Senior year to do so since I have a ton of work and concerts coming up that I need to get out of the way.
Everyone starts at the casual level. Show them the awesomeness and accessibility that is competitive Sm4sh. At least some should rise to the challenge. Just 2 more cents.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I never understood the Brony thing :/
Hi Sook :D
How good is the wifi this time for the wii U SSB4? I barely tried it. If it's not laggy, online tourneys could be legit.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Then go to those tourneys and rek them, or host one yourself. Do you think there was a competitive scene here? I created one by hosting my own tourney and people rose to the challenge. True, some left and quit after coming to the cold hard realization that they sucked and were never more than vain glorious egotistical tryhard scrubs, but some remained and by God it was worth it.

You know what my tournament is called? Nouyons. It's a phonetic transcription of No Johns. You know what No Johns means, right? Well, No Johns. Stfu and get to work.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
These flame fests remind me of my own arguments with Afro back in the day...good times.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
And lo, the Sook appeareth, robed in majesty and revered by all. The Links did look upon this happening with wonder, their hearts glad, for they knew the implications of what transpireth that day.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Scabe Scabe I change my vote and move to nominate Shin for modship. He is what these boards need and you know it. I'm sure that all of us old mains will agree on him being the best suited to lead us into a new age.

All in favor say I.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
OK so, it doesn't affect how far you travel, just the tumble animation. Van useful for edge guard indeed.

Also, good man.
It gives you a slight boost. As I said, Link's isn't as noticeable. Also, if you compare it to pulling the bomb slightly earlier or slightly later than the right timing, the difference is very noticeable.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It gives you a slight boost. As I said, Link's isn't as noticeable. Also, if you compare it to pulling the bomb slightly earlier or slightly later than the right timing, the difference is very noticeable.
I need to start playing with it and testing how it can be best applied. Thanks for the tip Foid...Fox...Foxy?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Either one.
I figured the F-bomb could just be used as an alternative safer bomb pull to just jumping away. Jumping gets a bit predictable, and if the opponent is already in the air, then this would be the better option. It's best to keep moving, you know?

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Ooooh, it sounds as if I finally managed to hit a nerve. Now that's exciting. I should've guessed that the chink in your armor would be that overblown ego of yours related to your skills in Smash.

One, I never said that you lie about your matches nor implied that you win all of them, I simply said that I didn't expect you to upload matches of you losing since you never did before now.
Second, they are not that good, they are average.
Third, your other "Featured Battles" are no point of comparison because you don't have any "featured" battles. You have videos you shared here just like everybody else, not better, not worse. Average.
Fourth, Who told you I didn't watch all of them? Where did you get that idea from because I didn't insinuate a thing about watching them all or not.
Fifth, average fight would be what any semi competent non scrub is capable of doing. You, me, most people in these boards probably.
Sixth, High level is what you see from Kirin, Legan, NinjaLink, and other top players who define the scene by actually being someone and placing in major national tournaments. We have matches by them int he video section. Have you watched them? Can you honestly say that when you watch Kirin's or NinjaLink's or heck, even Legan's (who was playing the game for the first time apparently and he was still better than most of us) gameplay you think "Yup, that's totally me, I'm that good"?
Seventh, most of the people you play are FG scrubs and heroes. They're nothing. If you're a semi competent payer it's not hard to have an over bloated win ration in FG.
Eighth, read that well, I said most, not all. Don't let that boiling feeling rising in your stomach cloud your reading skills.
Ninth, no, the fact that they come up in the suggested part means squat. It simply means that his videos are sufficiently related to yours as to be suggested to people watching your videos. Possibly, that he has many views. Youtube does not discriminate talent nor skill when suggesting videos.
Tenth, realize this is for your own good. Your starting to go CoH on the boards, or even worse, an Izawmbie.

At least you can feel special about something unique: I used word numbers instead of the numerical ones. At least that puts you in a different category from the rest.
Am I the only one who read this in a drill sergeant voice and thought it was glorious?

Because now I feel like playing some more. So this is what morale feels like.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
TP Link= Treasure Planet Link ~ Steampunk Link, which results in

Last edited:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
@ Scabe Scabe are you gonna be active in the ACT scene for Sm4sh?

Also hi, first post here, I'm mostly a lurker but I was a Link main for most of Brawl's lifespan. ps rei >>>>>> asuka
Hey @ Pazx Pazx I'm probably going to go to this major tournament coming up next week. https://www.facebook.com/events/1484296835163877/ I won't be as active or practice as much as I use to back in Brawl , but I'll show up to meets and tourneys that Tin Man organises whenever I can. Do you ever go to those Monday/Thursday meets?

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
hello! fellow smashers, this is my first post here. About myself.. i'm what they call a special case, i live and breathe this series(finish 11 games), currently must read something about LOZ(the man in green) or else i can't sleep when the night comes Lol! :).
I must say i'm very green with all of this forum stuff, but as soon as i get my wii u, i'll offer you guys my friend code.
i would like the sages to bless me with the wisdom of the chosen one :4link: hope we all could be friends.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
hello! fellow smashers, this is my first post here. About myself.. i'm what they call a special case, i live and breath this series(finish 11 games), currently must read something about LOZ(the man in green) or else i can't sleep when the night comes Lol! :).
I must say i'm very green with all of this forum stuff, but as soon as i get my wii u and offer you guys my friend code, i would like the sages to bless me with the wisdom of the chosen one :4link: hope we all could be friends.
Welcome :)
Don't take things too seriously around here btw.

Top Bottom