• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

SuqAta8

Smash Rookie
guise i need help

played a ryu last night who would get me into a basically endless hit loop, and i couldnt break out of it no matter how much i mashed my controller

what do we do about this

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Step 1, don't mash the controller
Step 2, DI his hits

If it's an endless loop, then it can be DI'd or airdodged.

Rizen

Smash Legend
No one plays Darksiders 2? :( Anyway I'm still replaying it and it's fun.

Do you guys think meteor bombs are worth using? The big upside is they easily combo into kill moves at high %s and are good for gimping. Everything else is a downside: no recovery value, very short fuses make them less practical, worse damage and no combo potential until medium-high %s.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Apologies to BlessedSpartan. I received your replay, then the recent patch made it so I can no longer upload it. Sorry man.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I finished a drawing of Young Link. I not sure if it's good or not
Young Link Drawing.jpg

Thoughts?

So Fox asked me to drop by and say hi once in a while, so:

You're all a bunch of worhtless scrubs. Either get good or GTFO.
But i though my cleaning abilities were good.

LoZ-Girl

Banned via Warnings
For Dumbfire:

September 1913

What need you, being come to sense,
But fumble in a greasy till
And add the halfpence to the pence
And prayer to shivering prayer, until
You have dried the marrow from the bone;
For men were born to pray and save:
Romantic Ireland’s dead and gone,
It’s with O’Leary in the grave.

Yet they were of a different kind,
The names that stilled your childish play,
They have gone about the world like wind,
But little time had they to pray
For whom the hangman’s rope was spun,
And what, God help us, could they save?

Was it for this the wild geese spread
The grey wing upon every tide;
For this that all that blood was shed,
For this Edward Fitzgerald died,
And Robert Emmet and Wolfe Tone,
All that delirium of the brave?

Yet could we turn the years again,
And call those exiles as they were
In all their loneliness and pain,
You’d cry, ‘Some woman’s yellow hair
Has maddened every mother’s son’:
They weighed so lightly what they gave.
But let them be, they’re dead and gone,
They’re with O’Leary in the grave.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman

Do you guys think meteor bombs are worth using? The big upside is they easily combo into kill moves at high %s and are good for gimping. Everything else is a downside: no recovery value, very short fuses make them less practical, worse damage and no combo potential until medium-high %s.
In some MUs, yes. I don't like them vs characters who have 3+ airjumps or can fly, but for heavier characters or so-so recoveries they gimp well. I don't anyone has ever said MBs are a straight upgrade though.

Relatedly, Amazing Ampharos is starting to update the Custom Moves pre-set loadouts that were used at EVO. If anyone has input on the matter, please reply in the existing thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/top-8-max-custom-sets-for-link.380198/page-2

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin

I love Darksiders 2. I'm on my second play-through now and I might actually go for all the side quests this time. I tend to favor axes but I can never seem to find a possessed one. Bah.

I'm still not sure about meteor bombs. I see their usefulness in gimps on certain characters as well as diminishing the enemy's benefit from catching them, but I can't seem to do anything with them. Maybe I need some more time in the lab in them. I need more time with Link in general.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Darksiders 2 is fun. I made these really bad*** scythes with wrath and health steal so I constantly get both back as I fight. I'm spamming special moves like harvest and ice crows then striking a few times with scythes to get the wrath back. :awesome:

I just played smash again and my hands are not used to the GC controller. The button layout and control stick position of pro controllers (I use with darksiders) is very different. I kept using the wrong direction and doing stupid things like throw bombs down at myself and use the wrong attacks :facepalm:. It always takes me a bit to adjust to different controllers; does anyone else do this?

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Darksiders 2 is fun. I made these really bad*** scythes with wrath and health steal so I constantly get both back as I fight. I'm spamming special moves like harvest and ice crows then striking a few times with scythes to get the wrath back. :awesome:

I just played smash again and my hands are not used to the GC controller. The button layout and control stick position of pro controllers (I use with darksiders) is very different. I kept using the wrong direction and doing stupid things like throw bombs down at myself and use the wrong attacks :facepalm:. It always takes me a bit to adjust to different controllers; does anyone else do this?
I always overload health and crit chance on armors, then do health on crit and kill for weapons and just tank everything. The only wrath moves I use are teleport slash and crows.

For me controller adjustment depends on the Game. For smash I have to use modded CCP. For Darksiders and MH3U (and minor downloaded oldy games) I can use CCP or Pro or Gamepad with a short adjustment period. Haven't touched a GCC in forever, it seems; analog stick position always made my left hand cramp up.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like to work the system by equipping all my exp bonus armor right before talking to whoever completes the quest. My Death is up to level 29 (new game +) on the psycomaron. I have a really sweet setup and am riding the OP :cool:
If you have the 'demon heart' talisman you get more possessed weapons. IIRC it's in one of the death tombs that you unlock by trading pages to vulgrim.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Speaking of death tombs, where's the one in the Dead Lands (or whatever they're called)? Couldn't find that thing anywhere. Does the DHT affect enemy drop rate, treasure box contents, or both? I've just been trolling Vulgrim for possessed weapons but he never gives me an axe. I think he's on to my shenanigans.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Speaking of death tombs, where's the one in the Dead Lands (or whatever they're called)? Couldn't find that thing anywhere. Does the DHT affect enemy drop rate, treasure box contents, or both? I've just been trolling Vulgrim for possessed weapons but he never gives me an axe. I think he's on to my shenanigans.
It's in the tomb of the deposed king on the bottom floor. I'm not sure how it works but my guess is it makes weapon drops more likely to be possessed weapons. If you play on Apocalyptic difficulty you have a much better chance of getting weapons.

Edit
Someone on the Zelda thread posted this. I was wondering if any European Links know this guy?

And I just had a set of comments by someone named Kishin2 on Miiverse.

Funny thing is, he thinks I'm some FG Player that got mad at him. :V

View attachment 77695

Clearly, he thinks I'm HomeDog PzaSlice. :V (I don't even main Lucario. )

Last edited:

Z3phIr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Z3ph1r2
Yes me and Cat will probably be there, and if BYOC is streaming I may use my magic powers of influence to get you and him on stream and commentate
Cool, look forward to seeing you guys there. Gotta hit the labs first though, haven't played for almost 3 months.

Someone on the Zelda thread posted this. I was wondering if any European Links know this guy?
Nope. I'm not the most knowledgeable on Link players though.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Neither players were really that spammy. I did see some approaches and setups from the Link, as well as some zoning, but there was no sort of spamming/camping from the other direction. I think what we're seeing here is just the pervasive toxicity that is For Glory mode.

edit:
It's in the tomb of the deposed king on the bottom floor.
Ah, that's why I missed it. I did that quest (unknowingly) several levels too early and didn't even finish that chapter of the dead till much later in the game so I must have forgotten it. I'll catch it this time around, though.

Last edited:

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
This thread is so incredibly inconsistent in comparison to the clean and tidiness of the rest of the board, it's sickening. There is no consistency in topic matter, almost as if I'm looking at the thought process of a child.

In other news, VSGC had it's monthly two days ago, with this month's theme being non-legal stages and was aptly titled 'Jank City'. (Ruleset is here for those wondering) Of the more tame stages, I found that PS2 and Wuhu Island were particularly good counterpicks for Link. Good information to have if your scene happens to be liberal about legal stages.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
This thread is so incredibly inconsistent in comparison to the clean and tidiness of the rest of the board, it's sickening. There is no consistency in topic matter, almost as if I'm looking at the thought process of a child.
This post is so incredibly stupid in comparison to everything else this user has ever posted, it's sickening. The fact that they see a need for THE SOCIAL THREAD to have a consistent topic is downright idiotic.
I can start a topic that we can keep consistent! Who thinks E epicnights is a pompous ass? Give specific reasons, let's keep this going for multiple pages! It's what HE wants.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
I can start a topic that we can keep consistent! Who thinks E epicnights is a pompous ***? Give specific reasons, let's keep this going for multiple pages! It's what HE wants.
I totally agree, I can't stand him at all. Super self-centered and obnoxious, I'm surprised he doesn't play Fox since both love to be in other people's faces.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187

In other news, VSGC had it's monthly two days ago, with this month's theme being non-legal stages and was aptly titled 'Jank City'. (Ruleset is here for those wondering) Of the more tame stages, I found that PS2 and Wuhu Island were particularly good counterpicks for Link. Good information to have if your scene happens to be liberal about legal stages.
This is the most hostile way I've ever seen someone enter the Link Boards.

I like it. You'll fit well here.

SuqAta8

Smash Rookie
its a lc chat thread

wtf?

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good work @Dringo Toes !
Decent trolling but you come on a little too strong and it gives you away.

I got to Earth in DS2. It's kind of weird they threw a zombie shooter in but it's a fun level anyway.
I can't wait for Xenoblade CX and the Wii U LoZ to launch. Seriously Nintendo, this is why the Wii U failed, you kept holding back with the big gun franchises and people had no reason to buy the system and got something else. We thought Zelda U might launch as early as 2013.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
According to the guy on Youtube, he was having a bad day. Still not an excuse for spewing bull **** though.
At least it's not League of Legends toxicity. But hey, that's the internet, right?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
sometimes i come here when I'm bored.
I rarely regret doing so

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
I rarely regret doing so
Completely agree. I generally don't like social threads since they feel almost out of place in a forum about competitive smash bros, but the amount of somewhat amicable venom that goes back and forth in this social in particular is super amusing. It's too bad other character boards don't have people like @Fox Is Openly Deceptive in their boards, since he is probably the most organized mod I've ever seen. Looking for something in the Link boards is so streamlined and hassle-free that I actually struggle with going through some other character boards.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I rarely regret doing so
When I started reading that, for some reason my mind slipped into the phrase, "Sometimes...I dream about cheese".
Sleep deprived brain, you do have a field day of screwing with me.

For those who don't get it.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Last night at a venue, someone was talking about a new Smash 4 character leak. They said that Issac, Shantae, K.Rool, and Snake were coming.

Top Bottom