• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm lovin' Link. I have 200 matches with a 75% win rate in For Glory.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, it's been several years since I've done any competitive Smash but I'll be lurking around for Smash 4. Link is lots of fun this time around so I'll be in-touch! :)

-Ardes

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I am currently really enjoying Link. Often play as him in For Glory, and I feel like he's one of my best characters. So I guess I will be around here as well.
Okay, you can call me the "Shulk nerd" of the Link social thread, assuming that none of my fellow Bronados have posted here at least once. Go ahead and call me "King Bronado" all you want. I'm looking forward to the new Zelda as much as the next person, but I can't help but be equally excited for Xenoblade X.
Hey KingBro1! Seems like I'm not the only Bronado here xD

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I've been trying to get more comfortable with some other characters so I can have a solid secondary. I just can't stay away from Link. His play style and now his ability just keeps drawing me in. I hope to have videos to share in the coming few weeks, but for now I'll just have to settle for watching others.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
If someone like Ardes can come out of lurking, here's hoping for anything. All in all, good to hear from ya man, your Link was great in brawl.

Anywho, I've logged a considerable amount of time into Link on smash3d by now, and he's pretty refreshing. I'm currently 85/3 on for glory1v1 with just Link (really annoyed with all the scrub Little Macs) the only matches I've lost thus far were to a Sheik, a Villager, and a Sonic. I say it all the time, but Link will surely be 2x better when the Wii u version hits and GC pads are a thing again.

Has anyone else tried the new lag cancel trick Link has?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good stuff Zane :)

^^Playing a lot of different characters will improve your game all around. In Brawl I mained Link and second 9 other characters (PT=3).

Well I had a nice walk and got back with my game. I gave a homeless guy $7 on the way back and he was really grateful. He asked if he could give me a hug, which surprised me, but it was really touching. I kind of feel bad about spending $65 on a game. $65 is a lot too, screw the pay-for DLC. It can be a cold world :(

Last edited:

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
If someone like Ardes can come out of lurking, here's hoping for anything. All in all, good to hear from ya man, your Link was great in brawl.

Has anyone else tried the new lag cancel trick Link has?
Good seeing some familiar names after all these years. (: I often use DownB while holding a bomb to cancel my zair or arrow landing lag, but that's about as much as I can do on the laggy 1v1 matches online. It's very useful!

Well I had a nice walk and got back with my game. I gave a homeless guy $7 on the way back and he was really grateful. He asked if he could give me a hug, which surprised me, but it was really touching. I kind of feel bad about spending $65 on a game. $65 is a lot too, screw the pay-for DLC. It can be a cold world :(
People who are truly homeless are some of the kindest people I've met, honestly. I guess being in that situation teaches you a lot about the price of everything and the value of nothing.

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, the Kings of Evil are making Thundercats references. HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Thunder, THUNDER, THUNDERLINKS-HYAAAAAAT!!!

My version of choice will be Wii U, but I might get the 3DS version for the sake of owning a complete collection.
I just recently bought the 3DS version. As expected, I'm maining Link (I'm really feeling those buffs) and Shulk. My friend code is in my profile, so feel free to add me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hyrule Warriors is fun :)
I no longer fear hell because I've seen the great fairy. It was like a horrible war flashback; reliving the first time I saw her in Ocarina of Time :eek:
Edit, I hope people realize ^this kind of thing is a joke.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I no longer fear hell because I've seen the great fairy. It was like a horrible war flashback; reliving the first time I saw her in Ocarina of Time :eek:
uuuUUUUWAAAAHAAHAHAAAAAAaaaaaa!

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
Hello heros I've been meaning Link and sheik. Just wanted to say hi and ask if any one is looking for a new sparring partner

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Yeah same as Rizen, though it won't be until December 25th :3

My wife and I are probably buying a wii u for this christmas... maybe we'll get it early and just forget the waiting till christmas morning part...

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
21st for me too unfortunately... wishing the Wii U version was the one that came out first

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I can't wait for Christmas. Looking to bring myself home by then. It'll be the best Christmas present ever. Woot!

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If anyone runs into a blue Link named "Buzz"... that's probably me.

Christian63

Smash Rookie
Hey Link mains:

Hi, my name's Christian and I am in the midst of my early 20's. I've been living in Brooklyn, NY all my life and I don't plan to change that anytime soon. As I journey through life and manhood, I try my best to learn and improve upon myself as much as I can. Not just for me though, but to help others as much as I can as well. Staying motivated like this can be very hard sometimes, but because of all the love and support that surrounds me(not to mention the kicks in the *** I get from time to time), I'm slowly but surely becoming stronger as I age.

From the videos I've seen and threads that I've read on here, Link looks to be able to carry his weight and then some in Smash 4. As someone who has been using Link since the original Smash on the N64, this is just amazing news. I want to become the best Link there is on the East Coast. However, in order for that to happen, I myself need to know WHY I want that dream to become reality. Knowing what to do to become the best and how to do it is actually quite easy, however, without knowing why, I'll most likely give up once I hit one too many roadblocks on my journey.

Roadblocks that include: Financial Problems, Travel problems, Scheduling problems, Getting my *** beat so bad that I'll just want to quit life problems and anything in between. The amount of Courage that I'll have to summon for this task is insane to me. That is why I need a true reason to do it. In short, why I want to do it is because of you.

I want to inspire you to tackle the big dragon that you think you can't defeat, I want to encourage you to live life without limiting yourself, I want to lead you to humility, love and peace within yourself. This task I'm setting for myself isn't just about some video game with silly Nintendo characters in it. It's about following your heart, never giving up and climbing the mountain that will eventually lead to a fulfilling life. Please Link boards, I ask for all your support and help because I'm going to need it. Don't ever let me lose sight of this purpose and fill me with as much courage that you can possibly give. Thank you.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Welcome. The wifi for the Wii U version will hopefully be good. That will allow players from all over to play each other without having to travel. This was an issue with the Wii's wifail.
Good luck but be warned: you'll run into some fierce competition for the best east coast Link. There are some really talented Link players.

I think when new people figure out how Link works he will rise in rankings.

Christian63

Smash Rookie
^Welcome. The wifi for the Wii U version will hopefully be good. That will allow players from all over to play each other without having to travel. This was an issue with the Wii's wifail.
Good luck but be warned: you'll run into some fierce competition for the best east coast Link. There are some really talented Link players.

I think when new people figure out how Link works he will rise in rankings.
We're all on the same side.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well if you want to find other Link players, ask questions, post videos or just talk this is the forum :)

Christian63

Smash Rookie
Well if you want to find other Link players, ask questions, post videos or just talk this is the forum :)
Thanks, Man :). I don't have a 3DS so I'm just going to have to wait til the 21st. I guess one question I can ask is, where do I go to find tournament postings? I'm sure for that first month there'll be tournies all over the place on the EC.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Thanks, Man :). I don't have a 3DS so I'm just going to have to wait til the 21st. I guess one question I can ask is, where do I go to find tournament postings? I'm sure for that first month there'll be tournies all over the place on the EC.
Browse around in the "events" tab at the top. I think you can search by region, as well.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
So my network connection at home isn't compatible with my 3DS and I don't have Wii U yet, so i can only play Smash at work. z____z The struggle... I'm definitely wanting to play more.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I want to be a great East Coast Link main someday. I play Project M as well. Only there's one big roadblock. High school. I may still have nearly three years of waiting left to go till I can really get into the competitive scene. It'll be a painful wait until then, but at least the online is good enough in Sm4sh to play high level matches on and gain experience with.

Oh, and if any of you guys find a decent Dark Link named Sabastian in FG, that's me.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I want to be a great East Coast Link main someday. I play Project M as well. Only there's one big roadblock. High school. I may still have nearly three years of waiting left to go till I can really get into the competitive scene. It'll be a painful wait until then, but at least the online is good enough in Sm4sh to play high level matches on and gain experience with.

Oh, and if any of you guys find a decent Dark Link named Sabastian in FG, that's me.
Less free time is unfortunate, but as long as you're making the most out of the time you DO play the game, you can still improve. :) Check Twitch channels that are streaming Smash for some online tournaments, practice friendlies and always strive to better your Link. Save your replays and study them. If you're getting your butt kicked online, welcome the beating and learn from them. In-person tournaments are obviously the bigger picture but don't feel limited to the options you have.

I'm in California, not sure how many West Coast Links there are out here. :o

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Has anyone seen Deva, Legan, Arkive, or Kirin lately?
We've heard from Blubba and Izaw, so I wonder how the other top brawl Links are. (AeroLink has been maining Palutena for the most part thus far)
Yeah. Despite that name of his lol. I wonder why he would choose her over Link.

Top Bottom