• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Nimious Nimious I was trying to see if you actually had offline tourney exp or was just another FG scrub being an arm chair critic. And we are not elitists here, and I take a bit of an offense when people throw that lightly simply because we don't give FG warriors credibility, which they don't have.

Try not to take things so personally in the future. Remember that respect is not given freely here, everyone needs to earn it.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
@ Nimious Nimious I was trying to see if you actually had offline tourney exp or was just another FG scrub being an arm chair critic. And we are not elitists here, and I take a bit of an offense when people throw that lightly simply because we don't give FG warriors credibility, which they don't have.

Try not to take things so personally in the future. Remember that respect is not given freely here, everyone needs to earn it.
That's fine I'm not trying to take things personally. However I'm not the one who threw out the word elitist and I certainly don't believe anyone here is one. I just found it strange I was being questioned on that.

Of course, respect should never be free or even expected so I can only hope and try to earn it here someday.

@DarkDeity15 Melee is over so if you would like to play we can :).

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
That's fine I'm not trying to take things personally. However I'm not the one who threw out the word elitist and I certainly don't believe anyone here is one. I just found it strange I was being questioned on that.

Of course, respect should never be free or even expected so I can only hope and try to earn it here someday.

@DarkDeity15 Melee is over so if you would like to play we can :).
Didn't you? I believe you're the one who mentioned it first, correct me if I'm wrong.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Didn't you? I believe you're the one who mentioned it first, correct me if I'm wrong.
Actually Dukel was the one who first threw the term out, accusing me of elitism.

I'm starting to get the impression that you like talking down on people. But it doesn't even work, since you only use poor arguments, with a heavy dose of elitism.You're right!
My response and the part you quoted was "Elitism? On the Link boards? Huh. I suppose that's another one of your great impressions."

I was just baffled I've come across as an elitist and on the Link boards at that.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Actually Dukel was the one who first threw the term out, accusing me of elitism.

My response and the part you quoted was "Elitism? On the Link boards? Huh. I suppose that's another one of your great impressions."

I was just baffled I've come across as an elitist and on the Link boards at that.
Ah, I see. My bad then.

Y'all fools need Hylia...
Also...

I lol'd
And while I respect the perspective from which you made this inquiry, I find it odd coming from you in regards to your (and admittedly my own as well) predilection to debauchery.
But I should prolly stop there before I'm due for another paddlin'
Debauched as my actions may be, I undertake them with the best interests of our community.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd like to remind everyone who has tournament results to post them here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/link-tournament-results-thread-7th-july.404196/
@Lawz. should this be a sticky?
We already have eight stickies which is the unofficially preferred maximum amount. It seems to be doing ok. Even if it were stickied I get the feeling that the people who forget would still forget. It's also not really a resource that new people absolutely must have access to before all else. Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to having nine stickies because to hell with it if that's what people really want.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
We already have eight stickies which is the unofficially preferred maximum amount. It seems to be doing ok. Even if it were stickied I get the feeling that the people who forget would still forget. It's also not really a resource that new people absolutely must have access to before all else. Having said that, I wouldn't be opposed to having nine stickies because to hell with it if that's what people really want.
We could replace the Link board rules thread. No one ever reads it anyway.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Just looked through evo 2015's player search tool. Looks like KirinBlaze got knocked out in his first 2 matches by people I never even heard of :/. Looks like Scizor did much better, winning his pool. The Quarters pool results aren't up, but considering how stacked that bracket was (Dabuz, Staticmanny, Mr. E, JTails, DKWill, FoW, & amsa), I'm not surprised he didn't get out of that bracket... Although did they stream those matches o_O? Those must have been awesome.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I was going for a guy/girl who went by the name Atremis. I wish he/she had not been beat by a Mii brawler. He/She played a very good Toon Link that was zoning with the fire arrows and bomb. Oh well. I'm not sure if he/she has a smashboards, but I would like to tell them good job.

I wanted Leffen to win, but oh well.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Didn't get to watch most of EVO because work sucks. Only watched bits of the Top 8 for Melee and the Salty Suite between Kage and BizarroFlame (if that wasn't getting in your head I don't know what is). I know it's already over, but who made top 8 in Smash 4? Did Rain ever end up going to EVO?

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Didn't get to watch most of EVO because work sucks. Only watched bits of the Top 8 for Melee and the Salty Suite between Kage and BizarroFlame (if that wasn't getting in your head I don't know what is). I know it's already over, but who made top 8 in Smash 4? Did Rain ever end up going to EVO?
I didn't get to watch because I was busy with too much mass effect

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
I assume you don't want to be spoiled. I believe top eight was Zero, FOW, Abadango, Dabuz, Mr.R, Ally, Nairo and Esam.

Rain did go to EVO and was in top 32 but I won't spoil when he lost.

I didn't get to watch because I was busy with too much mass effect
SMH. Passing EVO over for Mass Effect...

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Top 8 was actually pretty fun to watch this EVO. Also earlier, it was kind of funny seeing Ally time out StaticManny xD.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I assume you don't want to be spoiled. I believe top eight was Zero, FOW, Abadango, Dabuz, Mr.R, Ally, Nairo and Esam.

Rain did go to EVO and was in top 32 but I won't spoil when he lost.

SMH. Passing EVO over for Mass Effect...
I'll see it on YouTube fine enough

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Kirin might have not made it to EVO at all, hence two immediate losses. He posted this on Facebook yesterday, which lends credibility to that suggestion: "Melee Top 8 at EVO starts in 7 minutes and I have to work in an hour. God damn it."

By the way, I must mention when anyone is intimidated by Cat I found her weakness: insects. One morning the very first thing she said to me was "I killed a fly" (normally it's more like "Last night was amazing"). She's still scared there may be a cockroach in her bag -- there was one in mine from where we slept.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Kirin might have not made it to EVO at all, hence two immediate losses. He posted this on Facebook yesterday, which lends credibility to that suggestion: "Melee Top 8 at EVO starts in 7 minutes and I have to work in an hour. God damn it."

By the way, I must mention when anyone is intimidated by Cat I found her weakness: insects. One morning the very first thing she said to me was "I killed a fly" (normally it's more like "Last night was amazing"). She's still scared there may be a cockroach in her bag -- there was one in mine from where we slept.
How cliched, and here I was believing Cat to be more than the traditional irl who screams at the mere sight of a roach. @ Catana Catana , you have disappointed me. Looks like you do need a man t save you after all.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
To be fair you really don't want to bring roaches and bedbugs home to infest it. They're very quick to populate and hard to get rid of.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Don't worry I ditched mine on the airport in Oslo. Also, I just bought an Encyclopedia of Heavy Rock, time to find every female rock band in existence : @

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
How cliched, and here I was believing Cat to be more than the traditional irl who screams at the mere sight of a roach. @ Catana Catana , you have disappointed me. Looks like you do need a man t save you after all.
Me? Needing a man? Oh no my dear, thats most definitely not true. I can deal with these disgusting little failures of nature on my own.
I will burn them alive, stab them and cut them in half. They deserve it.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Me? Needing a man? Oh no my dear, thats most definitely not true. I can deal with these disgusting little failures of nature on my own.
I will burn them alive, stab them and cut them in half. They deserve it.
Your boytoy up there says otherwise. You might want to get your story straight.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Your boytoy up there says otherwise. You might want to get your story straight.
Actually, he does not.

I would never scream at the sight of such an ugly thing; the only sound I'll be making is laughter as I put it through its last painful moments.
To hate does not mean to fear.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I would never scream at the sight of such an ugly thing; the only sound I'll be making is laughter as I put it through its last painful moments.
Are you talking about the roach or DF now? Kinda hard to know sometimes.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Posting in the Link social is so daunting sometimes, especially when reading through the posts that show the apparently tightly knit bonds between previous Brawl Link mains. Luckily, the goddesses have blessed me with the triforce of courage to at least try to post more often.

After participating in CEO this year, I've decided to attend my local weekly as soon as I get a new controller (RIP in peace Ol' Reliable). However, I'm not sure how I should go about practicing outside of the weeklies. I can't exactly go to another smasher's house and practice since I'm only 17, and my younger brother doesn't take smash seriously. Any suggestions?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Lol I love it when people are 'afraid' to post here. MAN THESE GUYS ON THIS FORUM WILL THROW ANGRY WORDS AT ME BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY THIS NINTENDO PARTY GAME Just post : @
After participating in CEO this year, I've decided to attend my local weekly as soon as I get a new controller (RIP in peace Ol' Reliable). However, I'm not sure how I should go about practicing outside of the weeklies. I can't exactly go to another smasher's house and practice since I'm only 17, and my younger brother doesn't take smash seriously. Any suggestions?
"Just" 17 isn't that young, about time to leave the house and visit total strangers to play video games with them: the basements of sm4sh players are distinctly less r@pe-dungeony than those of melee players in my experience. I was 12-14 in the Brawl period and I slept at people's houses for smashfests back then just fine. If you just attend the weekly every week that should be enough right?Wouldn't you play a good 8 hours every week?

Last edited:
Top Bottom