• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
lol pretty great now to wait for the lulz in the comments
As a Link main, I know that his nair & fair are decent for approaching. Bomb into down air works well if they shield, because they might shield the bomb & the 1st hit of the dair, but if you release the dair right you can get some damage. The edge thing where you press back, & double jump on to the stage, you can use the zair to get people who are waiting for an opportunity, it might have good follow-ups, I don't know yet though. I think Mario's signature combo might work (not tested). The boot could be a great combo breaker for Luigi's combo if Luigi had less hitstun caused by the moved. The shueld covers Fox's blaster (maybe) & you can still walk for a good approach. It also is good at stopping projectile - _ follow-ups because of how little lag it causes. It can also stop Samus's fully charged Neutral-B. It might even be possible to put him up low into the high tier.
I don't approach often, but when I do, I Nair on shield!
Izaw makes the most of these buffs, Link is looking really good now, but not the best.
(There's no footage of him post-patch.)

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I agree with the video.
I agree. He puts it very well. Honestly, with some of the things he mentioned it wouldn't matter if we got jab 1 cancel back (though it'd be nice for sure). I doubt the boomerang will see any change though. It's not bad as it is in all reality but shield stun from
It would be nifty

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Well ok then. Hopefully his vid helps. So far, I think it has.

Edit: I'll just mix the thread I made yesterday with the older one.

Last edited:

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
So, I made a lengthy comment on ZeRo's video that I must say I am proud of myself for, and I wish to share it with all of my fellow Link mains.

<comment>
The only reason why I don't want Link to be buffed is because of all the "For Glory" Links who spam projectiles.<comment/>

"This is the exact reason why Link mains are fearful of the future.

Hello, I am one of these Link mains who happens to be undergoing the changes of him! You see, over at the Link boards we have headed the fact that Link seems to get nerfed quite a bit despite being a not so good character in competitive play. This is most likely because of the fact that For Glory plays a big role in the balancing process of certain characters, and as such, when people complain about the spammy Links, he becomes more than likely be nerfed yet again! While I don't wish to attempt to force my will on you I will leave you with this.

Yes, spammy Links are annoying. Yes, I know how much people want him nerfed.

But, I believe I speak for all Link mains when I say: We Link mains have never gotten to thoroughly enjoy a high tier Link in any Smash game, so please… hear our call, we would be grateful if you would not request Link be nerfed because of our evil, spammy brethren, for the sake of us Link mains.

Thank you for listening. "

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
This comment section man, I love it: --
Man when he is at the corner of stage:arrow, bomb arrow bomb, then roll roll roll and the same
THE UNDEFEATABLE STRATEGY
Link is my main and he do have some issues but nothing I can't deal with. The wing gimmick of the gale boomerang is useful. Everything with Link is about strategies.
yea man you just don't get the deep and profound strategies myan, I like, throw my boomerang then anticipate when they'll return and like, fsmash them in the face brah, and trust me my FG rating shows it
Pressing B and using smash attacks isn't strategy.
THE DISS -- because that's all Link is right, pressing B wildly and loading some smashes guys! (count the amount of smashes in scizor videos: last one ZERO because they are laggy as **** they have little place in most matches)
If Zero went up against Izaw, I sure that would make him think about Link a little more.
Izaw has the most comprehensive Link in terms of techniques so he could teach Zero a thing or two about Link.
Honestly, I don't agree with this stupid buff with Link, he's already good enough, why buff him up, I 3-0 my friend 2 days ago with Roy "the boy." Honestly, Link doesn't need any buffs
I BEAT A RANDOM WITH LINK -- HE'S OBVIOUSLY TOP TIER CASE CLOSED
Yay now we get more projectile-spamming whores in the community! Just what it needed! What's next? Even less lag on his smashes and B-moves? Samus gets infinite jumps? Toon Link is invincible? Projectile-based characters are the scum of this game.
Link gets slight dthrow boost, it's almost like a character getting infinite jumps eh guys?
Hello, I am one of these Link mains who happens to be undergoing the changes of him! You see, over at the Link boards we have headed the fact that Link seems to get nerfed quite a bit despite being a not so good character in competitive play. This is most likely because of the fact that For Glory plays a big role in the balancing process of certain characters, and as such, when people complain about the spammy Links, he becomes more than likely be nerfed yet again! While I don't wish to attempt to force my will on you I will leave you with this.

But, I believe I speak for all Link mains when I say: We Link mains have never gotten to thoroughly enjoy a high tier Link in any Smash game, so please… hear our call, we would be grateful if you would not request Link be nerfed because of our evil, spammy brethren, for the sake of us Link mains.

Thank you for listening.
the cringe -- o, wait, sorry that's ---
I've been a Link main ever since the 64 days, and even to this day I still main Link. People may hate on him, they may say that he sucks, they may all even switch to other characters that are like him... leaving him in the dust to be forgotten... But, I still have faith in him. Most people may wipe their @$$ with Link's face and talk about how "bad" he is, but me? Nah, not me. Link is an amazing character in my eyes, and I don't care what anyone says... Not even you, ZeRo; no disrespect, by the way X3
I HAVE FAITH IN HIM Y'ALL JUST NOOBS
Link is not low tier ur just not compatible with his style u want proof of links greatness check out izaw91 nuff said
(troll spotted?)
Link is fun but the one thing that bothers me about link in my first tournament one of these days is his recovery maybe attacking for a little while and if he lags still have a chance to grab the ledge, Captain Falcon for example would foward smash KO him to death so yeah he is risky.
lol
Zero, PLEASE upload a set between you and Izaw. I would love to see that.
actually, me too

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Actually, I would like a set between Zero and Izaw. Maybe that'll finally shut all those freaking Izawmbies up.

The fail is too much, it hurts.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Ewww, that comments section is so cringeworthy, makes me wish I can meet these guys in person and destroy them just to show the huge difference between lagfi and offline play. >.<

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
How big a failure must you be when you make competitive smash your thing and don't even understand that
I mean there's people who post here like that kid in the metagame thread the other day who are around on smashboards daily and yet have the understanding and skill of people who pick up the game the first day. It's like getting into singing and never growing beyond the level of drunk karaoke.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I will admit that there is merit in thinking about the non competitive scene too, just not the extent sakurai does.

In Destiny right now using Auto Rifles (assault rifles basically) in PvE is not very good because of how they balanced them for PvP, which is a shame. They could have fixed it in a way that didn't hurt AR users outside of PvP but thru didn't think of it. There are examples of this in dark souls 2 also.

Anyway, my point is that these examples are too heavy on either side.

I hope he can get it through his stubborn head some day lol

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's time to play spot the scrub!View attachment 61059
More like "Take a shot on the sight of a scrub"

What are these casuals doing watching ZeRo's videos in the first place anyway if they don't take his opinions with the slightest grain of salt? lol I know his views (like Falco's ideas for buffs) aren't always ideal, but come on. :p

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The comment section of youtube videos is always a sure cure for anyone who needs a target to facepalm.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
The comment section of youtube videos is always a sure cure for anyone who needs a target to facepalm.
"Link is a ****ing ******.
Arrow. Bomb. Boomerang.
Roll away, repeat.

**** anyone who plays Link, I don't even care if you spam or not, **** you.
He's such a ***** character that needs to ****ing die. and now he has throw combos? Good.

EDIT: almost forgot, his side Smash is powerful as ****, almost as powerful as Ganon, which is supposed to be one of the most powerful characters in the game, and Link barely has the same damage and power as him AND is faster than him, good game, Sakurai! So much for Ganon having the Triforce of Power."

basically

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Until someone smart enough to play the game shields his side smash and racks up a nice 50% from a freaking grab. I hate stupidity. I tolerate so much but I can not deal with stupidity.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Until someone smart enough to play the game shields his side smash and racks up a nice 50% from a freaking grab. I hate stupidity. I tolerate so much but I can not deal with stupidity.
I have no clue why I am even bothering talking with these people in the comment section

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
I loved how ZeRo actually presented a counter strategy to face Links, and people ignored it.

"just sit in shield"
Shield beats Link on so many levels - especially scrubby Links, and he just told these scrubs exactly that.

lol scrubs

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I loved how ZeRo actually presented a counter strategy to face Links, and people ignored it.

"just sit in shield"
Shield beats Link on so many levels - especially scrubby Links, and he just told these scrubs exactly that.

lol scrubs
But if I sit in shield I can not roll can I? Those are like two different things! Plus Link can pressure shields SOOOO well with his fast smashes and projectiles. Everything is safe on shield! Add the fact his grab reaches accross the stage now with guarenteed follow ups off of it thanks to the patch your doomed...Yes that is Link alright...

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
So, I made a lengthy comment on ZeRo's video that I must say I am proud of myself for, and I wish to share it with all of my fellow Link mains.

<comment>
The only reason why I don't want Link to be buffed is because of all the "For Glory" Links who spam projectiles.<comment/>

"This is the exact reason why Link mains are fearful of the future.

Thank you for listening. "
You're better off teaching a brick wall to sing.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
You're better off teaching a brick wall to sing.
Goshdarnit, at his point I don't give a crap. If this can cause just a little bit of a difference at this point, I'm good with that. I don't want to give up hope on the possibility of trying to talk some sense into these scrubs.

Curses… is it really that hopeless?

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Listen you guys, I'm sorry for even going to ZeRo's video, it's obvious I am doing nothing significant, and I should have realized it. I apologize for saying "we" too frequently. And I rue the day I decided to waste my time on such a topic.

My sincere apologies for anything else I may have otherwise done.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Listen you guys, I'm sorry for even going to ZeRo's video, it's obvious I am doing nothing significant, and I should have realized it. I apologize for saying "we" too frequently. And I rue the day I decided to waste my time on such a topic.

It's not a bad thing you did. I think I made about 30 comments tonight lol. I feel better about it and a few people actually had civil discussions

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Nah, taking it too hard would also be a waste of your time. Better to enjoy watching the village fools come out to play and ridicule them from afar for their folly.

No need to apologize Minty, just feel sorry for yourself that you had to deal with the morons that stroll through youtube comment sections looking for intelligent and civilized discourse.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless

Just don't do it again.

Nah, taking it too hard would also be a waste of your time. Better to enjoy watching the village fools come out to play and ridicule them from afar for their folly.

No need to apologize Minty, just feel sorry for yourself that you had to deal with the morons that stroll through youtube comment sections looking for intelligent and civilized discourse.
Feeling sorry for oneself is always a waste of time.

Better advice would be for him to put it out of his head entirely. In short, and in my preferred language, to say "**** it".

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Let's all wish @Zerker the best of luck at WA's big monthly tomorrow, Northwest Battle Grounds. Make some noise with Link. If you don't place 1st in doubles, we'll all be VERY disappointed in you. No pressure though.
Good luck.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
speaking of tournaments, I'm still waiting on FC Return's results to be posted. The tournament ended on Sunday and they still haven't told most of us what place we got. I get that the tournament was poorly ran, but you could at least make it less obvious. :urg:

Last edited:
Top Bottom