• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
@ Himura Kenshin Himura Kenshin "Objective"

I'd be inclined to agree with your opinion if it weren't for Majora's Mask being the one I respect more for having crazy good atmosphere and build up. But let's all be reasonable and remember that everyone, even you, are entitled to an opinion.
but just one, cuz having more than one is cheating and I'm telling mom and.......

More AoL hype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqfcya1n8Q

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
How did you not recognize the joke? Obviously there's an argument for it, but I skipped right over it, and even called the statement, "Greatest is subjective" an opinion, don't you see the irony?

Sheesh, I was expecting yall to play along, but dayum.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Not a huge fan of Majora's Mask tbh. I like Links awakening though. It has the honor of being my first Gameboy game I ever played.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Not a huge fan of Majora's Mask tbh.
Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve been to Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together.

I like Links awakening though. It has the honor of being my first Gameboy game I ever played.
LA is awesome. I love that game. It was one of my first game boy games along with Kirby's Dreamland.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
How did you not recognize the joke? Obviously there's an argument for it, but I skipped right over it, and even called the statement, "Greatest is subjective" an opinion, don't you see the irony?

Sheesh, I was expecting yall to play along, but dayum.
I'm still waiting for that argument.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve been to Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than all of them put together.

LA is awesome. I love that game. It was one of my first game boy games along with Kirby's Dreamland.
It's a collectathon with 4 dungeons, 2 side dungeons, and a time limit. I don't hate the game, it's just not one I consistently go back to.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Link boards trolling lesson #1. Never give in first.
We could go back and forth all day seemingly oblivious to one another's point and nothing gets accomplished. Productive members of society try their best to clear misunderstandings as quickly as possible. If you came here seeking productivity you'll need to surf the meta related threads, cuz nothing ever happens around here lol.

I just wanted a good excuse to make a tired joke in the face of your more subtle and nuanced humor. Everyone and their dog uses the Inigo Montoya joke in such base fashion.

I got your joke when you said he was entitled to his opinion, but playing along can be fun too. If you ever get the chance, give obfuscation a try. I think you'll find it pretty humorous.

Or am I just full of crap and went in like a dummy using an outdated meme, making an arse of myself and displaying a lack of understanding facetious manners of speech? Either or, you are free to decide which you believe. You know... opinions and whatnot.

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I saw it as the latter because of the use of the meme, so what happened between us was a misunderstanding, but you were just trolling a troll, right? Gg, bro, I conceded first.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I'm really not the one to ask though when it comes to trolling, I'm not terribly clever when it comes to being disingenuine so I try to refrain from in most of the time. Thanks for the fun though ;) and Re-welcome to the Link boards, home to crotchety misanthropic old trolls that do work and get things done.

@ Zelkam Zelkam The movie is fine, but the joke is about as old as they come.

Ocarina of Time is like our FF7 tbh, it's great/innovative/breath taking, and holds up fairly well nowdays, but it does have problems that prior games did not have, and problems that games since have rectified. Easy as it may be, the ganon fight is still super cool. (oddly enough for my comparison however, Safer Sephiroth has a really rubber-bandy stat pool that makes his difficulty pretty static regardless of your setup. And the default fight against him is fairly long and arduous without game breaking.)

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
MM over OoT

Also, I figured which game I'll be buying, but its not for Wii U...

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
My 2 cents...

Best History: SS
Most Influencial: OoT
Darkest: MM
Most Relaxing: Minish Cap
Most Adultness: TP
Most Childish: WW
Most Open World-ish: Zelda I
Best Music: OoT
Hardest: Zelda II: AoL

I didn't play handled game so much, but i can say that Phantom hourglass and the likes are tedious and boring. In the other hand, I really like minish cap...

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Just got back from our Smash clubs final tourney. My crew lost in Melee and PM, but we kept it close. Sm4sh was later, so we had to reduce our stock count to one. When I was called, I took out the remaining 5 players. Tons of fun, I'm hoping to revive the club at my own school. We'll see.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
The Witcher 3
I got kinda lucky. Unbeknownst to me, nvidia is doing s promotion when you buy select video cards you get witcher 3 for free soooo I gots dat too...though I need to play the other ones me thinks

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
I'm a bit late to the party, but my favourite Zelda games are:

1. SS/MM.

Frankly, I loved everything about these two games, from the plot to the art style. SS built an amazing backstory for Zelda and explained so much. It gave us Ghirahim and an amazing Impa, Zelda as more than a damsel in distress. It answered things and created more questions. And it gave us Lanayru Sandsea, one of the most beautiful songs in a Zelda game. MM was my favourite up until SS came out for reasons mentioned elsewhere, and I've just completed MM 3D today. Still an amazing game and always worth playing. So much depth.

2. WW.

3. ST.

4. TP. Mostly because of Zant and Midna. They are enough to make up for Ganondorf and basically being a rehash of LttP and OoT.

5. LA.

Won't go into the reasons for the rest. My least favourite, although still great games, are AoL and OoT. OoT is basically a 3D version of LttP. AoL was just frustratingly hard.

I mean, in the end, they're all pretty close and I wouldn't say I hate any of them or even dislike them. They're all amazing games.

Zelda has been linear since LttP. I've never really cared for the myth of the open world in Zelda. The game always sends you down a predetermined route, with the exception of LoZ, AoL and ALBW. I play them for the story and amazing gameplay. And they have never disappointed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Most dungeons are linear, that's true but Zelda games are more than just dungeon busting. The (semi) open world comes from all the other stuff you can do. Most Zelda games let you run around the overworld freely, find items and complete side quests.

Technically in OoT you can choose to beat the Fire or Water temple in any order then the Shadow or Spirit Temple in any order. Aside from that the dungeons are linear.
ALttP also gave some freedom in beating either Gargoyle's Domain or Skull Woods then Misery Mire or Ice Palace in any order iirc.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
ALttP also gave some freedom in beating either Gargoyle's Domain or Skull Woods then Misery Mire or Ice Palace in any order iirc.
When going through the Dark World, I do the dungeons in this order:
Palace of Darkness
Gargoyle's Domain
Swamp Palace
Misery Mire
Skull Woods
Ice Palace
Turtle Rock
Ganon's Tower
I like doing the Gargoyle's Doman second because that gives you the option to pick up the Tempered sword faster, making Swamp Palace a lot easier, especially it's boss fight. Misery Mire 4th net's the cane that makes some of the button pushing puzzles a lot less grueling in Skull Woods and the Ice Palace.

Lucasmaster90

Smash Rookie
NNID
LucasmasterBR
i still dont remember the order of the dungeons i beat in ALttP, was a lot time ago. Also, what is the best zelda character (beside links, zeldas and ganondorfs)? My is the mask sales man from MM

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
I am a nostalgic one so i'm going to say:

#1 OoT, because it have a special place in my heart and have in my opinion the most beautiful princess zelda look yet to date, plus she was helpful too with her shiek counterpart.

#2 ALttP cuz have in my opinion the most powerful interaction of the master sword AKA the golden sword, plus in the final stages of the game link feels unstoppable. Until you reach Ganon and get to know true despair...

#3 Is in between SS and MM.

My favorite Zelda character is Vati, i seriously hope that iwata gives him some mayor antagonist role in a near future Zelda game.

Sorry for the double post i'm using my jobs computer, and it sucks when comes to editing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing FG and came across a few decent Links, they knew some stuff. Was either of them yall?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I was just playing FG and came across a few decent Links, they knew some stuff. Was either of them yall?
Nah, if any of us are playing, it's either through here, character Skype groups or anthers ladder. Also, FG sucks. I don't ever go on there anymore unless I want to be an absolute **** to everyone with my pocket Ganon.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been playing like **** lately. Terrible buffering and character control even for wifi. I'm under a lot of stress and it's really affecting me. :facepalm:

Top Bottom