• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Bombs- Horizontal recovery boost?

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Have you ever tried, after second jump to get a bomb, throw it over you, than Up+A? Jump Straight up and you have a good Horizontal recovery, but at the price of 8 damage. You will be able to use Clawshoot or spin attack again!

sasook

Smash Champion
Unless you time it right, it'll pass right through you. This worked in melee, they took it out in brawl.

4Serial

Smash Lord
there's no point in throwing it if it explodes at a set time <_<
by throwing it, you're just looking fancy, you can just wait and it will explode..
i think if it explodes slightly to your opposite side, you can DI it stronger towards the stage though

Deva

Smash Lord
It may work except you use your second jump to pull the bomb, so. . .how do you make it up to u-air?

Deva

Smash Lord
your aerial up-b cant hit the bomb in Brawl. It could be done in melee, was called the bomb jump. Doesnt work in brawl though. Click the Link to my combo vid in my sig if you wanna see how it works in melee. I do it part way through the vid.

Deva

Smash Lord
It wont work in the way he described, and it's basically impossible since you catch your bombs by trying to hit them with aerials and your up-b can't hit the bombs. Only thing I can possibly think of would be to throw 2 bombs up and up b towards them hoping they collide and explode and you are close enough to get hit by the blast when you up-b lol.

In all honesty just pull a bomb and hold on to it while you recover. If the opponents trys to edge guard you and hits you away even once it'll explode before you die and you should be fine.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
lol yeah it has 0% chance of working. But it doesnt mean u cant use bombs to recover. As long as u have one out before u get knocked away, u will have access to another spin attack after the bomb explodes. That is as long as they dont spike you. lol.

Top Bottom