• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Advanced Technique Guide

Fortress

Smash Master
Nah, Water Temple is cake. "WHERE DO I GO I CAN'T GO ANYWHERE". There's a map... just use it. Srs. The floors even stack up on one another on it. Don't know why the 3DS version actually had to point out the block moving after raising the water level for the first time.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I beat the water temple on my own. It was just that one key below the block that you had to raise the water to get to.

I'm resolute to not use guides for Zelda games and nowadays I start out with a 3 heart run to make it more of a challenge. I don't want to ruin the experience for myself. My mother got me a guide originally but I wasn't good enough at reading when I was 4 to actually utilize it.

Majora's Mask was soo good speaking of Great Bay. I wish I had the power to erase my own memories. First thing I would do is erase everything about every Zelda game I played so I can reexperience them. Especially Twilight Princess. My favorite story by far. Just wish it was more of a challenge.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I beat the water temple on my own. It was just that one key below the block that you had to raise the water to get to.

I'm resolute to not use guides for Zelda games and nowadays I start out with a 3 heart run to make it more of a challenge. I don't want to ruin the experience for myself. My mother got me a guide originally but I wasn't good enough at reading when I was 4 to actually utilize it.

Majora's Mask was soo good speaking of Great Bay. I wish I had the power to erase my own memories. First thing I would do is erase everything about every Zelda game I played so I can reexperience them. Especially Twilight Princess. My favorite story by far. Just wish it was more of a challenge.
Hopefully Nintendo would make an HD remaster of Twilight Princess with mix-ups and enhancements here and there at some point. That would blow my mind. TP is my favorite Zelda to date as well. I wouldn't mind a Skyward Sword HD remaster either. You know, without silly motion controls and less linearity and other enhancements of the sort. SS is one of my favorites as well.

Majora's Mask will inevitably get a remake soon (Ninty's been dropping hints everywhere), although chances are it won't be a remaster. Can't wait to play as Fierce Deity Link with enhanced graphics though!

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Last edited:

Pug

Smash Apprentice
Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda.

The Water Temple is really only hard if you don't beat it in one session. Coming back to it after a day or two and remembering what doors you've unlocked and what the water level is at is what ****s with you.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda.

The Water Temple is really only hard if you don't beat it in one session. Coming back to it after a day or two and remembering what doors you've unlocked and what the water level is at is what ****s with you.
Majora is probably my second or first. TP is the one that is up there with it.

So I was practicing and I managed to do the Hylian Bomb 4 times in a row, a record for me (since I don't practice it ever) Ha. Take that, tech skill inconsistencies.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My favorite are Majoras Mask and Wind Waker :p.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Wind waker is one of my favs as well. Triforce hunt was asinine though.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
That is why I should have said MM and WWHD haha.
HD took it out? I had no idea.

Owait I think I remember someone telling me that they shortened it significantly in some way...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah you only have to search for three of the maps instead of all of them and it's just integrated better. Plus the swift sail makes it better.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Majora is probably my second or first. TP is the one that is up there with it.

So I was practicing and I managed to do the Hylian Bomb 4 times in a row, a record for me (since I don't practice it ever) Ha. Take that, tech skill inconsistencies.
Lol I'm jelly. I haven't even done it once yet, although I've come close a few times.

TP, SS and MM are my favorites, but ALBW and OoT are up there. I like WW/HD as well, but the art style didn't do much for me.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
well here's my favorites zelda games in order

S-Tier
1. Ocarina of time 3ds
2. Legend of Zelda

A-Tier
3. A Link between worlds
4. Majora's mask
5. Windwaker
6. Twilight princess

B-Tier
7. A Link to the past
8. Zelda 2

C-Tier
9. Minish cap
10. Phantom hourglass
11. Spirit tracks

D-Tier
12. Link's awakening DX
13. Oracle of ages
14. Oracle of seasons

E-Tier
15. Skyward sword
16. The faces of evil
17. Wand of gamelon
18. Zelda's adventure

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I have an Ocarina of Time irl <_<
>_>

Does that make me cool?

Animage

Smash Cadet
how do you bomb plant at the beginning of your jump
I must've tried it like a thousand times and gotten it like once

Animage

Smash Cadet
When i try to do it earlier, it just doesn't happen (jump animation only, bomb doesn't come out of hand)
how tight is the timing exactly?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When you drop a bomb on the ground you should do it at the end of your jump not the start.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
When you drop a bomb on the ground you should do it at the end of your jump not the start.
To be honest though it can be done consistently both ways. It's easier to do it upon landing, but doing it on the start of a short hop can still be useful if you're moving away from the landing zone. It doesn't have to be at the end all the time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
To be honest though it can be done consistently both ways. It's easier to do it upon landing, but doing it on the start of a short hop can still be useful if you're moving away from the landing zone. It doesn't have to be at the end all the time.
Just tried it and yeah you are right. It's super easy to drop at the start of your jump as well.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
well here's my favorites zelda games in order

S-Tier
1. Ocarina of time 3ds
2. Legend of Zelda

A-Tier
3. A Link between worlds
4. Majora's mask
5. Windwaker
6. Twilight princess

B-Tier
7. A Link to the past
8. Zelda 2

C-Tier
9. Minish cap
10. Phantom hourglass
11. Spirit tracks

D-Tier
12. Link's awakening DX
13. Oracle of ages
14. Oracle of seasons

E-Tier
15. Skyward sword
16. The faces of evil
17. Wand of gamelon
18. Zelda's adventure
What makes Skyward Sword so bad? :p

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
When i try to do it earlier, it just doesn't happen (jump animation only, bomb doesn't come out of hand)
how tight is the timing exactly?
That means you're pressing it during jumpsquat.

You don't even have to short hop. You can full hop bomb plant. Just do it at about the same time that you would input a wavedash.

What makes Skyward Sword so bad? :p
I personally liked Skyward but it was just not as solid as the best Zelda games. The swordplay was shaky and gimmicky, the world wasn't as open as in other games and thus was a fair bit more linear, it was too easy, and so on. I wouldn't put it in E-tier, but it's not up there with TP or MM or WW or OoT or MC or (etc...)

Vaati is my favorite villain ever. Literally almost pulled off apotheosis.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
That means you're pressing it during jumpsquat.

You don't even have to short hop. You can full hop bomb plant. Just do it at about the same time that you would input a wavedash.

I personally liked Skyward but it was just not as solid as the best Zelda games. The swordplay was shaky and gimmicky, the world wasn't as open as in other games and thus was a fair bit more linear, it was too easy, and so on. I wouldn't put it in E-tier, but it's not up there with TP or MM or WW or OoT or MC or (etc...)

Vaati is my favorite villain ever. Literally almost pulled off apotheosis.
A remaster without motion controls would probably be a huge improvement over the original, then. But the story was one of the best in the series. That's why I like it so much. And I personally think Ghirahim is the better villain, but to each their own, right?

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
A remaster without motion controls would probably be a huge improvement over the original, then. But the story was one of the best in the series. That's why I like it so much. And I personally think Ghirahim is the better villain, but to each their own, right?
Ghirahim was iffy at some points.

Seriously, this man was an effeminate Isai. All he did was sandbag. Every time he did he was like "LOL THIS FOUR STOCK WAS A FARCE BRO I WASN'T EVEN TRYING. BUT I'LL TRY NEXT TIME. THEN YOU'LL BE SORRY."

And it got old after a bit. The story was fundamentally good, but the execution was meh in some places. Ghirahim could have been done better. And a more open world would have aided the feel of the story. Like, gameplay has an effect on how one perceives the story, and to that end they dropped the ball. The imprisoned. Ghirahim. Both could have been really good for setting the stakes or making the enemy feel threatening. But Imprisoned was rehashed too many times for what the boss fight was and Ghirahim, while the fight was cool at first, was overly simple and didn't make him feel very threatening as a villain. Zant was made to feel very foreboding all throughout TP for example.

I don't know. I may be going on about nothing, but my memory of it is foggy.
Also the repeated "PROVE THYSELF WORTHY" thing was ridiculous. Especially when you got to the water dragon. "Hey, I know you have to get this part of the song to save the world, but prove you're worthy AGAIN by gathering tadpole notes." Just seems a bit stupid. It's a good game, but it's flawed is what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Ghirahim was iffy at some points.

Seriously, this man was an effeminate Isai. All he did was sandbag. Every time he did he was like "LOL THIS FOUR STOCK WAS A FARCE BRO I WASN'T EVEN TRYING. BUT I'LL TRY NEXT TIME. THEN YOU'LL BE SORRY."

And it got old after a bit. The story was fundamentally good, but the execution was meh in some places. Ghirahim could have been done better. And a more open world would have aided the feel of the story. Like, gameplay has an effect on how one perceives the story, and to that end they dropped the ball. The imprisoned. Ghirahim. Both could have been really good for setting the stakes or making the enemy feel threatening. But Imprisoned was rehashed too many times for what the boss fight was and Ghirahim, while the fight was cool at first, was overly simple and didn't make him feel very threatening as a villain. Zant was made to feel very foreboding all throughout TP for example.

I don't know. I may be going on about nothing, but my memory of it is foggy.
Also the repeated "PROVE THYSELF WORTHY" thing was ridiculous. Especially when you got to the water dragon. "Hey, I know you have to get this part of the song to save the world, but prove you're worthy AGAIN by gathering tadpole notes." Just seems a bit stupid. It's a good game, but it's flawed is what I'm trying to say.
Lol @ the effeminate Isai thing. XD

Hey, I don't see Link and Zelda hooking up in any other Zelda games lol. But yeah, the difficulty was a big problem (hero mode didn't make much of a difference), and there is some illogical stuff (I didn't take the tadpole notes thing seriously). The story was great, regardless of gameplay imo. But I agree. The game isn't perfect in any sense, but TP and MM aren't either.

Ghirahim, Demise, and Zant were all much more developed than Ganondorf in TP, just for an example.

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Lol @ the effeminate Isai thing. XD

Hey, I don't see Link and Zelda hooking up in any other Zelda games lol. But yeah, the difficulty was a big problem (hero mode didn't make much of a difference), and there is some illogical stuff (I didn't take the tadpole notes thing seriously). The story was great, regardless of gameplay imo. But I agree. The game isn't perfect in any sense, but TP and MM aren't either.

Ghirahim, Demise, and Zant were all much more developed than Ganondorf in TP, just for an example.
I feel like TP and MM were much much more fundamentally solid than SS though. Gameplay is a very valuable tool for enhancing the experience of the story and can separate the good from the phenomenal.

Demise wasn't more developed than Ganondorf imo. Ganondorf was established as a looming threat over the course of the game, even if it was sort of under the assumption that you played OoT or other past Zelda games. Demise wasn't even really there until the end. He was just vaguely mentioned by Ghirahim.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I feel like TP and MM were much much more fundamentally solid than SS though. Gameplay is a very valuable tool for enhancing the experience of the story and can separate the good from the phenomenal.

Demise wasn't more developed than Ganondorf imo. Ganondorf was established as a looming threat over the course of the game, even if it was sort of under the assumption that you played OoT or other past Zelda games. Demise wasn't even really there until the end. He was just vaguely mentioned by Ghirahim.
Ganondorf in TP really had an overly generic personality. He was nothing short of a genaric villain. If you really compare the two, you would see that Demise is much more developed just by the things they say.

The gameplay of Skyward Sword did have a big part in why the game isn't perfect, but the story is why it was a great game to me. That's just how I feel about it. Just play the game again and you'll see what I mean.

Although I can agree that TP and MM are better games.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Ganondorf in TP really had an overly generic personality. He was nothing short of a genaric villain. If you really compare the two, you would see that Demise is much more developed just by the things they say.

The gameplay of Skyward Sword did have a big part in why the game isn't perfect, but the story is why it was a great game to me. That's just how I feel about it. Just play the game again and you'll see what I mean.

Although I can agree that TP and MM are better games.
Perhaps. I just felt like I better knew who Ganondorf was based on the story of the game (could perhaps be because of my past Zelda history as well, but I'm trying to disregard that as I contemplate this) than I did with Demise.

I was actually considering playing it again just now. Turns out I let my friend borrow it. Rip.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Perhaps. I just felt like I better knew who Ganondorf was based on the story of the game (could perhaps be because of my past Zelda history as well, but I'm trying to disregard that as I contemplate this) than I did with Demise.

I was actually considering playing it again just now. Turns out I let my friend borrow it. Rip.
There's always the option of watching cutscenes lol. The story is what's most important after all.

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
I honestly thought TP lacked in difficulty. It seemed too easy compared to some of the previous installments in the series. As for the story, it was meh. It was fun to play once but I doubt I'll pick it up again anytime soon.

-Whiplash-

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silva-Silva
3DS FC
4527-7465-9250
Sorry man, but no. This is the SAME Ganondorf from OOT and WW and every other game, his personality and thoughts are revealed to us through many games, not just one. He may have been "generic" in TP, but it's okay, because this isn't his first appearance, and even if we do go solely by TP, he shows more of his personality and attitude through his actions then Demise.

Meanwhile, Demise gets shown at the very end of the game, his speech basically boils down to "I'm going to kill you and all your friends, and then I'll take over the world" Followed by when he loses "I curse you, me and Zelda to have our descendants/reincarnations to fight each other in an endless loop forever!" this is very generic, there is nothing unique about demise. Even his appearance is like what if Ganondorf and Akuma had a baby.

Last edited:

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I honestly thought TP lacked in difficulty. It seemed too easy compared to some of the previous installments in the series. As for the story, it was meh. It was fun to play once but I doubt I'll pick it up again anytime soon.
To me this is exactly what I think of Skyward Sword with the exception being I can't replay this horrendously linear game, I got this game day one with the gold wii remote mind you and I was excited as all hell for this game, but upon playing and beating it 100% in less then 14 hours time-span, I can't go back into it, I've tried countless times on giving it a second chance thinking it can't be this bad I must be missing something but no It's just such a poor zelda game to me, the controls are bad, the story is meh at best, the only likable character that is new is Groose and that's from serious retrospect after hating on him for days until finally coming to like him, there's nothing I want to come back to in this game to me "IMO" this game is as bad as the cdi zelda games.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I bet an HD remaster would entice. :3

Sorry man, but no. This is this is the SAME Ganondorf from OOT and WW and every other game, his personality and thoughts are revealed to us through many games, not just one. He may have been "generic" in TP, but it's okay, because this isn't his first appearance, and even if we do go solely by TP, he shows more of his personality and attitude through his actions then Demise.

Meanwhile, Demise gets shown at the very end of the game, his speech basically boils down to "I'm going to kill you and all your friends, and then I'll take over the world" Followed by when he loses "I curse you, me and Zelda to have our descendants/reincarnations to fight each other in an endless loop forever!" this is very generic, there is nothing unique about demise. Even his appearance is like what if Ganondorf and Akuma had a baby.
That's not how I see it. Even if Ganondorf was in more than just one game, that's no excuse to make him so bland. I'm talking about his appearance in TP anyhow, not OoT. All Ganondorf wants is to rule the world and to kill anyone in his way. What makes him so much better? And like I said earlier, if you compare the two, you would find that Demise is a more developed character simply by what they say.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
To me this is exactly what I think of Skyward Sword with the exception being I can't replay this horrendously linear game, I got this game day one with the gold wii remote mind you and I was excited as all hell for this game, but upon playing and beating it 100% in less then 14 hours time-span, I can't go back into it, I've tried countless times on giving it a second chance thinking it can't be this bad I must be missing something but no It's just such a poor zelda game to me, the controls are bad, the story is meh at best, the only likable character that is new is Groose and that's from serious retrospect after hating on him for days until finally coming to like him, there's nothing I want to come back to in this game to me "IMO" this game is as bad as the cdi zelda games.
I highly dissagree. There is no way in hell it could be compared the cdi games. The story is great. Better than OoT and TP in my honest opinion. The controls really aren't terrible, but just because a game is linear, it doesn't mean it's bad in any sense.

*Edit: Sorry for the double post

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
TP's main flaw for me was the severe lack of difficulty. I found the story to be amazing, but that's probably just a matter of differing opinion.

I think you mean that his dialogue was better. That doesn't necessarily account for character development.

Last edited:
Top Bottom