• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Likely Alternate Costumes

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Adam: Samus, I don't know why your suit now has these foreign color schemes I'm completely unfamiliar with, but even I think they be trippin'. Permission to use them for this mission granted.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Pink Samus, folks. It's based on my pink Bowser recolor, and that color scheme was suggested by another user here. I have to say it's pretty nice to look at. Not as nice as the Sylux, Noxus, and Spire ones though. Haha.
pink samus small.png

Last edited:

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
This

We need Dark Samus definitely.

And with a Dark Samus costume we also get a Dark Zero Suit Samus with it. :awesome:

Dark Zero Suit Samus! :awesome::awesome::awesome::starman::starman::starman::zerosuitsamus:
I had such high hopes for these costumes making it until they announced the assist trophy. What a great let down it was...

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
I would like to see the Fusion or Light suit since they look completely different than the original. Or they can bring back the bulkier original look that was in past smash games.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I had such high hopes for these costumes making it until they announced the assist trophy. What a great let down it was...
I know dark samus is an assist trophy but I still feel there's a slim possibility of an alternate costume.

Hong

The Strongest
Fusion suit would be my pick. So slick and menacing.

Would not even be mad ONE bit if we got the Light suit, though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd want the Fusion Suit to be a complete costume, ala Overalls Wario/Male Fit Trainer/Female Villagers. Complete with its own Palette Swaps.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Considering that Samus has the largest pool of potential alt costumes, I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get at least 3 alts, with their set of recolors and all.

I WANT THE LIGHT SUIT

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Now, guys. We can't just simply give her the suit without their special attributes. It just wouldn't be right.

A Fusion Suit without Ice Missiles is NOT a Fusion Suit I would accept!

Last edited:

Moonlighter

Smash Cadet
Dark Samus would have been my first inclination for an alternate costume if she weren't already an assist, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'd love to see the Fusion suit. Admittedly, not a huge fan of the colour palette, but the design itself is awesome. Particularly the arm spines. The Phazon Suit or the PED suit strike me as some other good alternates. Either way, I'd like some Prime representation.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hopefully I'll check to see what other ones are returning soon enough. If they all look as good Fusion, I wouldn't mind the lack of model changes.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So now that we have seen Fusion and Dark Suit recolors, that deconfirms both suits, right?
I guess i got my hopes up a little too much, but there's always DLC....

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Well, some potentially good news today! Little Mac was confirmed two have TWO alternate costumes now in the POTD, which in conjunction with Link's semi-alternate costume from last week, gives me much more hope that Samus will get an alternate as well.
Is it just a palette swap like is that what his pink color is or is it a totally different costume like wire frame.

Jerry Applesauce

Smash Ace
Is it just a palette swap like is that what his pink color is or is it a totally different costume like wire frame.
Totally different costume big boi.

Anyways...I'm assuming that since we have Dark Suit and Fusion suit recolors, then we won't be seeing Dark Suit and Fusion Suit alternate costumes. If that is indeed the case, color me a bit disappointed. Although I can see some possible issues with hitboxes as the Fusion Suit is proportionally different and the Dark Suit has ginormous shoulders.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wire Frame Mac is more of a palette swap, ala SS/Civilian clothes Link.

Though I doubt it means much for other characters, there's still hope for Prime Suit or even Classic Suit Samus.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Either:

Light Suit Samus - Metroid Prime 2

Fusion Suit - Metroid Fusion

or

Damaged Varia Suit - How Samus appeared in Metroid Prime after she lost her equipment at the beginning of the game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Zero Mission's starter armor would be sweet to have.

And while we're at it. Justin Bailey Suit Samus would be an incredible alt for ZSS.

Sakurai delivers. Mostly, anyway.
Holy hell, this was REAL!?
Light Suit Samus and... Apollo Creed Mario! Or... Captain Americario.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Light Suit is my favorite Power Suit form ever, and man, that armor with the Light Suit color scheme is just boss.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For those wondering, the yellow visor/lights seem to be inspired at least partly by Metroid Prime 2's Multiplayer mode. (bottom left)

Ah yes, MP2's multiplayer. The most unnecessary thing since... ever. Am fine with it though if that's were they got that "version" of the Light Suit from.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
MP2 multiplayer was one of my favorite things from that game. A pity the Prime Trilogy didn't have online.

I must say, I actually like the Other M Power Suit because of the sleek design while the Light Suit is my favorite suit of them all. Seeing that design sport the Light Suit colors just looks so fitting and awesome.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Only thing I liked about that game's multiplayer for the most part was the soundtrack, and maybe how everyone was able to maneuver like grapple beaming around. Otherwise it felt like a mode that was tacked on as a result of some small afterthought during leftover development time, to me. That and MPH's multiplayer was far superior, which would've still been the case even if MP2's did have online.

The Light Suit was regularly fairly sleek anyway like Other M's power suit, so yeah. It does fit quite well, whether Sakurai intended it or added it just because lolstormtrooper.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Either way, would've preferred the "clear" looking visor of the actual Light Suit over that yellow one. Still grateful for what we got though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm happy with the new suit, but still holding out for either an alt costume for samus (light suit being the prime contender)
or a phaazon suit coloring.

I mean, just look at it

so pretty

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
:/ I think they could've done the Light Suit model with like, 5$ budget...
Now people are going to start ****ting on Smash4 because Project M has a real Light Suit.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm happy with the new suit, but still holding out for either an alt costume for samus (light suit being the prime contender)
or a phaazon suit coloring.

I mean, just look at it

so pretty
The only 'real' contenders left at this point now that the Fusion/Dark/Light Suit are confirmed to be palette swaps are probably:

"Classic" Power Suit (either her old Smash/Super Metroid design or maybe shoulderpadless Other M suit with different coloring)

Prime Power/Varia Suit (I doubt a full Prime "costume" with selectable palette swaps is anything but a pipe dream, but this is where I think both the Gravity and Phazon Suits could get their chance to shine, being iconic enough IMO to get fully separate models)

Prime P.E.D. Suit (the last "notable" costume that's more than either a palette swap or a slight model change)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The only 'real' contenders left at this point now that the Fusion/Dark/Light Suit are confirmed to be palette swaps are probably:

"Classic" Power Suit (either her old Smash/Super Metroid design or maybe shoulderpadless Other M suit with different coloring)

Prime Power/Varia Suit (I doubt a full Prime "costume" with selectable palette swaps is anything but a pipe dream, but this is where I think both the Gravity and Phazon Suits could get their chance to shine, being iconic enough IMO to get fully separate models)

Prime P.E.D. Suit (the last "notable" costume that's more than either a palette swap or a slight model change)
Eh, you never know. This 'storm trooper' pallet was pretty out of the blue. There seem to be lots of creative color schemes being thrown around, and even a few alt costumes. (lots if you count villager/mii outfits) we might get lucky.

Hong

The Strongest
We may not get an alternative outfit for Samus based on the current direction of palette swaps.

To be fair, IMO I think Samus's suits have less contrast to them than a gender change, Wario's two outfits or Little Mac's pink hoodie (which was probably just added because it already exists.) compared to the regular outfit being changed in colour. Change in the gender of a character is a lot more substantial. Samus as a character demands specific attributes for her visual identity, so you always know it's her just by the silhouette, so a lot of her suits and designs have these traits in mind. You can scribble a character with the arm cannon, broad shoulders and the distinctive visor, and you'll still know it's supposed to be Samus.

Something like a Justin Bailey Samus would stand out a lot, though.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I feel as though a Justin Bailey alt would really fire up some of the "Zamus is being objectified! Nintendo is ruining her credibility!!!!!111" arguments. But heck, I'm all for a pink and green colour swap.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
It really depends on how long the jumpsuit is; how much it covers above the knees. As long as they don't cut it like a one-piece swimsuit or a gymnastics suit, it should be good.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Even a helmetless alt would be cool.

No, not because "omg metroid iss a gril". I just think her hair looks fabulous in this game. *~*

Last edited:
Top Bottom