• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Like this was soooo fun...

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
**** that looks awesome. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between that and a console video.

snes101

Smash Apprentice
okaygo's an awesome trendsetter. *follows*

..or I would be playing now, if I didn't have router issues. I have no idea what to do, and am totally clueless about port forwarding. *sigh*

Zantetsu

Smash Master
okaygo's an awesome trendsetter. *follows*

..or I would be playing now, if I didn't have router issues. I have no idea what to do, and am totally clueless about port forwarding. *sigh*
OH **** YES I TOTALY FORGOT ABOUT U SNES XDD

Now i can play you! =D
I know how to work this cuss i was(?) a beta tester for it :p

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
I'm a lil' confused. Does this thing let you connect locally to other people's comps to play video games or something?

Thino

Smash Master
unlike normal kaillera that use a 3rd party server to connect 2 ppl, with P2P kaillera allow to connect directly to another player with IP addresses
result : half delay

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
unlike normal kaillera that use a 3rd party server to connect 2 ppl, with P2P kaillera allow to connect directly to another player with IP addresses
result : half delay
In the case of this match the delay was 2 frames. But you can play a Japan player with no lag, and a delay of 8, which is the same as playing on EGX with low pings and a good setting.

Thino

Smash Master
hamachi solves all portforwarding problems. download it. create a network , the other player joins the network , then connect with the virtual IP it gives you, if portforwarding really doesnt work

snes101

Smash Apprentice
hamachi solves all portforwarding problems. download it. create a network , the other player joins the network , then connect with the virtual IP it gives you, if portforwarding really doesnt work
I have Hamachi thanks, I may try using it. Thanks for the suggestion, man.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
so .... by using special p2p kaillera how exactly do you find people to play with? or do you need to already know who the ppl are and get their IP address. I haven't exactly bothered to check it out and i'm wondering if its worth the pain, although the videos are pretty convincing

Thino

Smash Master
considering the fact that I cant normally play on EGX this is far better, lower delay than when im playing on european server when im playing BHLMRO , zero delay when I play an European player, no desync , no connection loss, no lag spikes , 60 fps steady

snes101

Smash Apprentice

Lawl snes is a nub @ port forwarding XP
Hey, I have to be **** at something, right? Otherwise I'd be too good.;)

On another note, Hamachi worked, but a lag spike happened after every match or so, so I had to restart the game. Any way to solve this? Had about 100 ping with my opponent and the game ran at a steady 50fps (already used to this 'cause I'm a PAL user).

Top Bottom