• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightning Mode: The True Way to Play Brawl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that is way too fast. its not that brawl is slow, its that its floaty. lightnight brawl is terrible

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ever think he doesn't care about melee 2.0 or the millions of newbs saying it cause one guy said it , and is just bored by brawl's normal pace?

Vro

Smash Lord
People have been complaining about the general speed and floatiness of Brawl being much slower/worse than Melee. I have no opinion on the matter tho.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
why to you say Brawl's speed is a problem?, unless you are referring to a "floating" feeling but other than that there are no problem with it in terms of speed plus Lighting Brawl sucks so I don't see why you would want it that way because then it would make the whole game terrible IMO

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Ever think he doesn't care about melee 2.0 or the millions of newbs saying it cause one guy said it , and is just bored by brawl's normal pace?
Then he wouldn't be trying to force it into the metagame, would he?

SilintNinjya

Smash Apprentice
high gravity > lightning mode.

wait, why was high gravity put down? i played it yesterday and i didnt see any problems...i thought it felt much more natural.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
From what I understand the missing techinques from Melee makes being that fast rather pointless.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
high gravity > lightning mode.

wait, why was high gravity put down? i played it yesterday and i didnt see any problems...i thought it felt much more natural.
The main reason why High gravity mode was rejected was because it destroys some characters recoveries like the Ice Climbers, Bowser, Dk, Captain Falcon, and others. It just isn't very balanced.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
It's not too fast, really. Could be interesting playing Brawl like this. For Special Brawl, some of the settings, like Speed should have on a slider, from say... 50% to 200%. If that was the case, most tournements would be played at about 130%, I imagine.

Jobe

Smash Cadet
Starcraft is played on the fastest speed setting. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is played on turbo. This isn't anything new and i think it should definately be considered.

D

Deleted member

Starcraft is played on the fastest speed setting. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is played on turbo. This isn't anything new and i think it should definately be considered.
Those things don't even compare, and there was already a massive thread that went over this: it isn't happening.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
What's next? You telling us that they Played SF2:Turbo on turbo ? Marvel vs. Capcom was actually made for that speed as in brawl it wasn't just like melee and it's lightning.
Stop trying to find Melee 2.0 in Brawl.

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
I hate how people reply with, It isn't melee 2.0!!! L2adapt!!

They should've made brawl closer to this although not that fast. I don't know of many people who actually try to slow down the game when they make a sequel. Most people are usually trying to make it more advanced and alittle faster, Brawl was made slower and less technical. Sakurai had the more casual gamers in mind though so whatever, it is his game, he can do what he wants with it : /.

But I love brawl, nothing about hating brawl since it is still a fun game. I will definately have to try this out to see if it is way too fast.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I hate how people reply with, It isn't melee 2.0!!! L2adapt!!

They should've made brawl closer to this although not that fast. I don't know of many people who actually try to slow down the game when they make a sequel. Most people are usually trying to make it more advanced and alittle faster, Brawl was made slower and less technical. Sakurai had the more casual gamers in mind though so whatever, it is his game, he can do what he wants with it : /.

But I love brawl, nothing about hating brawl since it is still a fun game. I will definately have to try this out to see if it is way too fast.
Uhm...SFIV looks like it's significantly slowing down the game and actually taking emphasis away from combos.

If I remember correctly, SC3 was also slower than SC2...but I could be remembering it wrong (or maybe I'm just thinking that Raphael was slower, because he certainly was)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Brawl isn't "slow". It's just less fast than Melee. It's a bit floaty, but I find it's fine too. What's the problem? I don't get it. I've played Brawl for a good 6 hours so far and it seems fine to me. Tripping is the only problem for competetive play, and it can even be helpful or funny sometimes.

djc89

Smash Rookie
Melee w/o all ur fancy special adv techs (that you all have discovered through course of several years) is just as slow as Brawl is. What we need is not to artificially speed up the game using Lightning Mode, but to figure out how to up the bar in terms of difficulty and pwnage w/o altering the physics.

D

Deleted member

Lightning mode will not become standard, period. If you want to play with it, have a blast.

Dreminem

Smash Cadet
Brawl isn't "slow". It's just less fast than Melee. It's a bit floaty, but I find it's fine too. What's the problem? I don't get it. I've played Brawl for a good 6 hours so far and it seems fine to me. Tripping is the only problem for competetive play, and it can even be helpful or funny sometimes.
Yes, trust me, I hate tripping but it still gets a laugh from me, my bro, and our friends, just about every time it happens. It is really funny when you trip when the other person would've coutnered what you would've done. It is also funny tripping into a smash that kills you. It is frustrating but still gets us laughing.

Tripping would really mess up an things such as tournaments and anything that is played in a serious way. Mainly things to do with money or rep. If you trip at the wrong time in a tournament which causes you to lose then I bet you would be pretty pissed off. The way that a lot of people are would cause them to be very mad.

Mizar

Smash Ace
What's next? You telling us that they Played SF2:Turbo on turbo ? Marvel vs. Capcom was actually made for that speed as in brawl it wasn't just like melee and it's lightning.
Stop trying to find Melee 2.0 in Brawl.
To make a long story short. I go along with Faith.

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
They aded special modes so that we can play those. Now, not that everyone will enjoy those nor we will accept those as the general way to play.

Top Bottom