• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wish I was a good mod, Tim! Well for the first few months before I stopped coming here.

I'm mean to Tokyo though because he's the combination of every freshman in the state of Florida, Fran Drescher, and 500,000 mosquitos.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Let's start a debate in here, assuming Tim's cool with it. You pick a side and I'll play devil's advocate!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It'll be good practice, I haven't debated in years. Pick a topic, my good sir.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It helps if you begin so I at least know what side I'm supposed to take, you hooligan. What are your thoughts on racism and how does it affect us today?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Please keep in mind that I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.
I highly recommend that you keep your eye at least 10-20 centotriters away from your computer. You don't want any eye damage!

S

smash brawl player 99021

This should be interesting. All the haters in the LH gathered together.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Some characters just need to die, and I'm not just talking about the bad ones. I was actually disappointed when I heard that Mike Mignola was going to (basically) bring back Hellboy after he killed him off. It was a sorta fitting end; satisfactory, even.

Part of the reason why I hate comic books so ****ing much anymore is because of the lack of permanency in character deaths. Colossus of the X-Men, for instance, nobly sacrificed himself to facilitate the spreading of the cure to the Legacy Virus. It was a bit forced, but it was something Colossus would have done because his sister Ilyana had the virus. He shovesthe syringe into himself, cure breaks him down to molecular granules that carry across the world on major air currents/jetstreams. Kitty Pryde even dumped what was left of him off a bridge in a very symbolic fashion (poetry, I think she said, and something about freedom). A touching (albeit gruesome) end, right?

Flash forward a year or two later and Colossus is brought back from Limbo thanks to his sister. What. The. ****.

._. I'll rant more later. Gotta finish up here at work.

Smooth Criminal

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I can't start this good but,

Stereotypes are often more used than racism. People say they use it that way because it's not insulting and sensitive to others.
I think both stereotypes and racism can be offending and crude.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Why is that horse in your avatar wearing glasses?
That's a horse? I thought it was that guy from Yu Gi Oh. Unicorn or something?

@Tokyo: That's not really a good stance, I'd recommend doing a topic with more definitive sides, like abortion or the war or something of that nature. It's tough to debate something like "racism is bad"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
That's pretty poor opening statement, but I'll work with this.

Would you agree that stereotyping is a critical component of racism? How would you define racism exactly? We all know stereotypes can be insulting and harmful, but what are is the validity of a stereotype based upon?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
As a common white folk, I think Tery has this on lock and I have no place in this debate just yet.

Not that I'm being racist or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom