• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie Detector: Death Note l OVER l Unfortunately they won't be making an appearance...

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Just quoting posts I find relevant.

BTW Hando, this probably should be saved for post game, but if you are a detective please never play this way again.

Kira only has 8 guesses.

I am Bill Jones.

:059:
Name claim, was never CCed. Followups with.

:059:[/quote]

It helps Kira a lot more than it helps us because we can only put one player at a time on the lie detector. The higher the amount of solid conclusions to be drawn from somebody's revelation, the more Kira benefits compared to us. That's because Kira has the ability to kill multiple people at once whereas we can only reveal people one by one.

This isn't a mafia game and it's not like a mafia game. Kira doesn't know our identities, which means that he lacks the most fundamental advantage the mafiosi have in a mafia game. His wincondition isn't the same either. His goal is to find out who we are and then kill us, not to obtain a voting majority.

We shouldn't play this like a mafia game. If we don't drop hints on our identities Kira can only guess. On the flip side, revealing somebody's identity helps Kira more than it helps us. That means that the standard approach of a mafia game is reversed because Kira needs to find out who we are.

We don't need to find out who Kira is. We just have to make sure he doesn't find out our identities.
That's not our only wincon - we have two. One is to identify Kira. The other is to have Kira miss three times. If he misses three times he loses ergo we win.

That's not what I'm saying though. My point is that we have two winconditions: finding out Kira's ID or having him waste three kill attempts. The former requires us to make information available that benefits Kira. The latter requires us to do the exact opposite. Therefore the latter is the much safer option because it will leave Kira in a position where guessing is his only chance and odds are stacked against him then. We can win this game by provoking misshots and as long as we don't leave any hints towards our identities we're safe to do that as we please.
However, our ability to win the game at any time if we just find out his ID puts the pressure on him and forces him to take the action. It's definitely a tool we should use and be aware of all the time.

We need be aware that we don't put somebody on the lie detector in order to draw conclusions from his flip. That'd be borderline suicidal. But it's an omnipresent threat to Kira that we can pressure him with safe in the knowledge that he can't do anything to us as long as we don't reveal our identities. The first thing we should concern ourselves with is how we are going to provoke misshots from Kira.

I personally don't think that sitting passively could actually give us a decent lead on Kira, I think that we might have to sacrifice someone to see how exactly the mechanics work in our favor. I don't think that the first person we put on the DNA is going to be Kira, but I do think that it has to be done in order to get the game started almost.

Gheb, why exactly do you expect that Kira will try to use his kills without confirmation? It would make it very improbable to actually get one of us off of pure chance, and I personally wouldn't if I was him.

:applejack:

TRG's 177 finding BW's contradiction

Because we have 3 active posters with 2 or so less active posters.

Someone just vote BSL with me already. It isn't like he will die immediately. Then we can move on.

What's stupid is that this means that I can't even play this game anymore. Might as well do this.

My name is Allan Brady

Votes [Needed: 4]

BSL: 4
dabuz: 1
BSL is placed upon the DNA machine, and a name appears on the screen: Allan Brady

Votes are Reset! [Needed: 4]

The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz

The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina
After what we just saw happen to TPA, I am 100% positive BW is fake claiming. Even though I think BW could be that dumb.
I feel so dumb for IDing BSL now, BUUUUUUT i found something interesting starting from page 9 (post #321-#360 for anyone not using 40PP)

BW name claims -> Gheb doesn't want to discuss nameclaim anymore -> BSL crumbing hard that he is Allan Brady (*Facepalms for not seeing this*) -> Gheb hesitant on his BSL read wavering towards not Kira -> Gheb's #360 where he acknowledges BSL's claim (very important to read this post) -> #370 where Gheb thinks Hando is Kira now -> #386 pushing for Hando to be IDed -> #400 voting BSL -> #412 voting Hando -> #418 voting BSL

Now, the point i'm getting here is twofold:

1. BW claimed Allan Brady, BSL flipped Allan Brady after crumbing hard that's the reason why he thought BW's claim was fake. Honestly, as Kira that's a HUUUUUUUUGE red flag because that's something which should...pop out for Kira. Like seriously, that's as good as an ID so i'm tryign to wrap my head around Kira NOT killing someone who basically CCed his fakeclaim.

2: Gheb flip-flopping on BSL/ Hando looks out of place. He made it pretty clear that he wants Hando IDed more than BSL, yet without any extra push, he decided we should ID BSL first. In fact, my summarization of the game should have only strengthened Gheb's desire to ID Hando because I deduced that if BSL was Kira, he'd probably have wasted a shot. Still, why vote BSL? Especially since he acknowledged BSL's crumb. Also, why is BSL still alive and Gheb has yet to post? I'm finding too much inconsistency here. Now we already know Kira will take the risk to quickshoot because he killed PA. However Gheb was not shot for his claim AND after BW fake-claimed Allan which led to BSL crumbing a CC. Based on Kira's previous play, i'd expect him to shoot BW on the claim. I feel like my words got muddled here so in short, it's too convenient that Gheb felt more confident on the Hando ID yet chose to vote BSL after acknowledging that BSL crumbed a CC on BW.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
*Slams hands on the table and stands up, proceeding to speak before the room full of gentlemen could get over the shock of the situation*

GHEB, EXPLAINS YOURSELF! *Mouth foaming and hands shaking. Knees feeling weak as the stress and excitement biol in my body at the same time.*

If anyone here has anything to say, speak up. This is our last chance and I WILL NOT, ACTUALLY, I REFUSE TO LET KIRA SUCCEED.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What's odd is that It's been 6+ hours after the ID took place and yet BSL is still alive.

Badwolf, Dabuz, and Hando have all posted since BSL was ID'ed. Gheb is the only player who has yet to do so.

Either Kira's playing tentatively or simply hasn't seen the vote yet (which would be Gheb in this case).

Zen hasn't even been online since revealing BSL's identity.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*Slams hands on the table and stands up, proceeding to speak before the room full of gentlemen could get over the shock of the situation*

GHEB, EXPLAINS YOURSELF! *Mouth foaming and hands shaking. Knees feeling weak as the stress and excitement biol in my body at the same time.*

If anyone here has anything to say, speak up. This is our last chance and I WILL NOT, ACTUALLY, I REFUSE TO LET KIRA SUCCEED.

And what exactly do you want me to explain?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
BSL's heart begins to convulse...he can feel it, he's going to die. In a last act of desperation he calls upon the legendary Shazam. A voice in his head. I'm sorry my student, but not even my magic can oppose the will of God. Lightning strikes from the ceiling and pierces BSL in the heart. Blood everywhere. Eyes wide open from the shock of the situation, he drops to the ground ...dead.​
Votes are Reset! [Needed: 3]​
The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz
The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
He may actually have some solid reasoning that I'm not seeing which is why I asked him to elaborate. If there's anyone who's been overlooking suspicious behavior from Gheb it's me since he has remained my #1 town read since the game first started.

Wait...

Did you mean I'M being manipulated? As if I was somehow manipulated into voting for BSL by Gheb or Dabuz?
The dawn, it breaks on the weary.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Yes, apparently much better than you.

It was a metaphor. I was calling you slow. Yes, you're being manipulated, Dabuz came in on one post and completely decided the next ID.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
BW doesn't pressure anything... He just sits around and starts whining whenever I call him out for it.

Honestly his slot is no better than BSL's was.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There wasn't any deeper thought process behind switching from Hando to BSL. I wanted and still want both of their ID's revealed. Badwolf's too. The order doesn't matter anyway in this game. It's not like "switching" to BSL now and putting Hando on the detector later or vice versa would've made any difference.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I wouldn't really care if you hammered. My interest in playing this game right has hit rock bottom. What's the point?

Whether Kira wins or not the result is going to feel like a fluke since 4 out of the 7 players didn't even care enough/were too busy to contribute to moving the game forward (although I do give Hando credit for at least trying).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Why not. Vote:BW

I feel like there could be a couple improvements to the game, but that's post game stuff.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votes [Needed: 3]

Badwolf: 3

Badwolf is placed upon the DNA machine and a name is revealed on the screen: John Smith
Votes are reset! [Needed: 3]
The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz
The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Vote: Gheb
TRG or BW, if you see this vote Gheb.

Also, for some reason I just knew BW is the type of guy to pick John Smith as his name.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Dabuz for all I know you could just as easily be Kira but have somehow wasted some of your attacks, which could be why you're eager to get some quick lynches going.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
If you have reason to think i'm Kira, bring it up now. If we vote Gheb before he gets on and can put our names in his deathnote we win. Unless Hando is Kira but in that case we lose anyway.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I'm left with two choices here...

a) Vote Gheb out w/ Hando and Dabuz before he comes back and ends the game, but the problem with this is that it assumes two things: 1) Gheb is Kira and 2) He hasn't wasted any of his attacks. If Gheb isn't Kira then I'm pretty much giving Kira the win with this decision.

b) Wait until Gheb comes back and pray he's not Kira as a means of sniffiing out who the real Kira is b/t Dabuz and Hando. Problem with this is that if Gheb IS Kira and hasn't wasted any of his extra attacks then the game is over.

I'm pretty much put in a 50/50 situation here... I'm gonna need a few to think this over.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
So I'm left with two choices here...

a) Vote Gheb out w/ Hando and Dabuz before he comes back and ends the game, but the problem with this is that it assumes two things: 1) Gheb is Kira and 2) He hasn't wasted any of his attacks. If Gheb isn't Kira then I'm pretty much giving Kira the win with this decision.

b) Wait until Gheb comes back and pray he's not Kira as a means of sniffiing out who the real Kira is b/t Dabuz and Hando. Problem with this is that if Gheb IS Kira and hasn't wasted any of his extra attacks then the game is over.

I'm pretty much put in a 50/50 situation here... I'm gonna need a few to think this over.
A couple things.

First of all, look at my cases against Gheb? Overall this game he's done some suspicious stuff and you even said yourself that you have basically been blindly trusting him.

Secondly, Hando isn't Kira. Like flat out if he is then the game is over anyway but his play doesn't line up with Kira.

Top Bottom