• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie Detector: Death Note l OVER l Unfortunately they won't be making an appearance...

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Can you elaborate on this?
Summary.

Pushes on Gheb a large portion of the game when there were much easier pushes. Especially endgame when he could have EASILY been pushing BW as Kira for an easy ID and chance to have won the game right there.

I know Hando is not a townie acting slot but re-reading him, he's had some sort of direction.

I can't see Kira being bold enough to flat out not provide reasoning on his reads.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Question, do you think Hando could have burned a shot anyway? Reason I ask this is because he was gone for the whole BW fake-claim stuff and by the time he posted and caught up, it was discussed and kind of obvious that BW's name-claim was fake.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I know Hando is not a townie acting slot but re-reading him, he's had some sort of direction.

I can't see Kira being bold enough to flat out not provide reasoning on his reads.

This was my thought process earlier in the game as well (too lazy to dig for the post). His anti-town behavior was never really indicative of him being Kira. I even flat out stated at one point that there was no way he could be Kira with this type of bold play.

I always painted Gheb as town since he attempted the whole "no voting" movement but his reasoning behind voting out BSL just isn't adding up. His play throughout this game has been very calculated and his moves made sense up until now.

Dabuz you've been largely a town read for me throughout this game and you're probably the only person who never really did anything suspicious, but you're eagerness to end this game kind of scares me a bit. Wish I had more time to re-read stuff but I'm gonna take a leap of faith here and believe you aren't Kira.

It's between Hando and Gheb... Gotta act now

How did this game get so damn intense all of the sudden?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Considering we are on a timer, it's gonna be intense. Just trust me right now on the read that Gheb is Kira.

A few things don't make sense about his play looking at some notes.

Earlier on (around the late 200s/ early 300s) he claimed not to think BW is town. Yet he would be fine with an ID from BSL, PA, or me. In fact, his entire case early on against BW was bad (IMO)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Question, do you think Hando could have burned a shot anyway? Reason I ask this is because he was gone for the whole BW fake-claim stuff and by the time he posted and caught up, it was discussed and kind of obvious that BW's name-claim was fake.
Here's the thing though... No matter how "obvious" the name claim may have seemed was there was no guarantee that it was obvious to Kira. It was still a risk that he had to take and we already saw that he was willing to take one on PA. Knowing Hando's personality though I'd say he probably wouldn't take the shot after reading up on the convo that took place after the name claim.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah it really doesn't, and his last post was suspicious as ****.

There wasn't any deeper thought process behind switching from Hando to BSL. I wanted and still want both of their ID's revealed. Badwolf's too. The order doesn't matter anyway in this game.
:059:

The order in which players go most definitely matters in this game. Order not mattering would most likely come from Kira mindset.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Look at #246, 246, and 249 then tell me if you find it strange that he never brought up that response he said he would have.

In fact, the more I look at it, his vote on BSL after repeatedly stating he thinks Hando is most likely to be Kira is justl ooking more and more obvscum to me.

You're right that we cant' know for sure what Kira would have thought or done but we can hypothesize. You've even said it yourself you don't think Hando would have shot there.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The above was in response to your #487.

I'm not gonna drag this out any longer. Gheb clearly did a good job of keeping me on his side throughout this game but these last few pages do nothing but make me feel as though I've been played like a fiddle throughout this game. Gotta go with my gut...

vote: Gheb

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votes: [Needed: 3]

Gheb: 3

Gheb is placed upon the DNA machine and a name appears on the screen: Thomas Jefferson
Votes are reset! [Needed: 3]

The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz

The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Unfortunately they won't be making an appearance Dabuz...

Because I already killed them. I used my last extra attacks on Handorin so he should be dead as well. You're the last detective alive. Zen should be making the announcement shortly...

GG everyone. :)

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
No...NOOOOOOOOO!

*Slams on the table, tears flowing down my face*

I...I trusted you...you were the one person who I thought COULDN'T be Kira. NO ONE believed you could be Kira...but I guess we were all deceived. This is truly a dark hour for man .

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Suddenly, shouts across the room. Detectives one after the other begin grasping their chest and screaming in pain. Like flies, they drop...

Gheb has collapsed!
Badwolf has collapsed!
Handorin has collapsed!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Dabuz, the last Detective, has fallen...
The Real Gamer, John Smith, KIRA has WON

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Hey zen can you make it canon that the sharp pain dabuz felt was the dancing alien from the diner in spaceballs?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Ugh, gotta reread this later and see what I missed.

Not even upset about losing, TRG played a good game and was the only player that I didn't doubt my read on this game.

4 inactives really hurt town though :L

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm honestly surprise at how well my strategy worked (will post it in a bit). I don't think I even had a single vote cast against me this entire game.

Overall I had a lot of fun in this game and I hope everyone else at least got some level of enjoyment out of it. All of that talk about not caring about the game anymore since people were dropping out was just an act. I was grinning form ear to ear with every post I made lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
People being inactive DID hurt the overall quality of this game though. Wish it could have played out differently but I'll take the W haha.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Anyway, player by player stuff.

PA: Didn't really exist this game and the claim really hurt town.
BW: In all honesty you were the scummiest player this game and IDK why it is, but you really only cared about this game when you were in danger.
BSL: Didn't really exist, never got your head into the game.

Hando: I would love if from now on you put a little bit of reasoning into your posts, near the end of the game I had a town read on you based on voting patterns but reading you was a nightmare and overall your lack of explanations or major content was detrimental.
Gheb: Your play was pretty solid, saw some things I didn't like from you and wish you pushed or questioned your reads a bit harder because there were times where I feel like you suddenly dropped a good direction. In the end my suspicion on you was mostly PoE where I didn't think Hando or TRG was Kira.
TRG: Well played, gotta look back to see what I missed that should of tipped me off about your slot.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I'm honestly surprise at how well my strategy worked (will post it in a bit). I don't think I even had a single vote cast against me this entire game.

Overall I had a lot of fun in this game and I hope everyone else at least got some level of enjoyment out of it. All of that talk about not caring about the game anymore since people were dropping out was just an act. I was grinning form ear to ear with every post I made lol.

I felt pretty much the same way except it wasn't an act. 3:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Votes [Needed: 4]
bsl - 2
badwolf - 1
phazon - 1
gheb - 1
hando - 1
dabuz - 1
lolthatspread
This is pretty much representative of the game. In this vote count, everyone in the game is being voted for but Kira. TRG had everyone voting against each other the entire game.

Top Bottom