• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lex's Super Smash Bros. game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I truly am expecting a great game, if it is ever made, please PM me.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Making a game with all those characters might be a little difficult. I mean, where will you get all the sprites and stuff? o_o

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Put me on your PM list please.

Stage idea! It is called Whaladise, a level in which you are on the ocean basically. If you could create an under water level to go with this level, that would be great! :)

!NOTE!
This was done in paint at Ninja speed. (AKA less that a minute)

Click on it for a bigger one.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
judging from the OP's sentence structure, his willingness to add every character that is thrown at him into his 'game' (that he's not even programming or doing the art for [wait what are you doing again?]), the fact that this forum tends to be a magnet of bull**** and rumors and the striking similarity it has to another situation that i had the greatest privilege to be witness of in the past (which also had a ardent orator whom was also very unrealistic, extremely optimistic, and strangely esoteric) , i am quite sure this is either a big pile of crap like that smash brothers flash game on newgrounds or, more likely, is a figment of our OP's imagination that he and his other equally unqualified group of lackeys have somehow conjured up.

if this is such an ambitious project, why would the programmers (whom are supposed to be competent at their job, thus possessing superior knowledge of the project) choose a delegate that can't even type coherent sentences to promote it?

i could be completely wrong, which would be nice too.

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
judging from the OP's sentence structure, his willingness to add every character that is thrown at him into his 'game' (that he's not even programming or doing the art for [wait what are you doing again?]), the fact that this forum tends to be a magnet of bull**** and rumors and the striking similarity it has to another situation that i had the greatest privilege to be witness of in the past (which also had a ardent orator whom was also very unrealistic, extremely optimistic, and strangely esoteric) , i am quite sure this is either a big pile of crap like that smash brothers flash game on newgrounds or, more likely, is a figment of our OP's imagination that he and his other equally unqualified group of lackeys have somehow conjured up.

if this is such an ambitious project, why would the programmers (whom are supposed to be competent at their job, thus possessing superior knowledge of the project) choose a delegate that can't even type coherent sentences to promote it?

i could be completely wrong, which would be nice too.
I agree completely. And 12 freaking pages of this nonsense!? Are you seriously kidding me?
Someone plz lock this topic now. I feel really sorry for every one of you who are so gullible. Anyone can come to these boards and spoonfeed all of you whatever they want and you'll believe it without question. I'm seriously in awe. :ohwell:

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I agree completely. And 12 freaking pages of this nonsense!? Are you seriously kidding me?
Someone plz lock this topic now. I feel really sorry for every one of you who are so gullible. Anyone can come to these boards and spoonfeed all of you whatever they want and you'll believe it without question. I'm seriously in awe. :ohwell:
I agree with the both of you completely.At least since you put it that way,it really seems weird how he thinks that he can put so many characters in and he's not even coding or anything,please people stop.

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
I agree. But I want to see the end 'result' to laugh at his work or be amazed by it, hopefully.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Well, if he has worked for so long, I think this may become a great game. I do support him, and I don't understand why there are so many people saying: "Give me pics or I'll flame you!" and "Lol dis is only laies u r laier!". Please, if you do not have something to say other than crap about him, get out of this thread. Just ignore it. You won't be hurt at all in any kind of way.

JohnnyInThePants

Smash Apprentice
Well, if he has worked for so long, I think this may become a great game. I do support him, and I don't understand why there are so many people saying: "Give me pics or I'll flame you!" and "Lol dis is only laies u r laier!". Please, if you do not have something to say other than crap about him, get out of this thread. Just ignore it. You won't be hurt at all in any kind of way.
And that's the point, he says he has worked on it since '06, I think that is plenty of time to even have a freaking screenshot. Brawl has been in development for almost 2 years... so I know some crappy 2D game should be at some level of progress in that duration of time. :laugh:

Edit: This is coming from a former programmer, myself. =P

SonicMario

Smash Master
This game seems interesting. And why would you want it closed? It'd be harder to only get ideas from PMs, and don't just spam the topic until it's closed either or else you could get a ban for a little while.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, I saw why. But still, Mods wil only close topics if it has a whole lot of Spam or is useless.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
TO JOHNNIGHT:
Also, a few questions:

1. Will there be airdodging
Well, duh :)
2. Will there be wavedashing/wavelanding! (^_^)
My favorite. yes there will. Luigis will be nerfed though.
3. Will there be the sidestep dodge.
mmmhmmm. didnt add that YET though. working on it.
4. Will there be the double jump with extra up B jump?
it wouldn't be smash without it.
5. Will there be shielding and rolling?
yes
6. Will there be grabbing?
yeah...
7. Will there be grab hits (where you hit them with Z before throwing them)?
hmmm good question. wait and see.
8. Will there be grab throws? If so, how many (directions) (2 like smash 64, or 4 like Melee)?
9. Will there be Final Smashes?
yes. some of them will be different from their brawl counterparts. Like Dedede's is darkmatter dedede.
Yes...and 7 isn't really "needed', but prefered. O, and make Mewtwo a god, and unlike his Melee counterpart. ^_^

And sign me up for this. Like I said-a demo with 2 to maybe 4 or 6 characters would be best. O, and one more question:

-Will there be tilt and smash attacks?

Send me the PM, please and thank you. :)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Sounds interesting. Although, with Midna or Micaiah I'd be waiting for it's release. Oh well.
I support and will be waiting for your PM.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
As much as I'd like this game to exist, i reckon the OP is taking us for a ride. Don't get too excited until you see pictures, people. Hes dodged screenshot requests, and he said that he would close the thread and pm people who are interested.

That sounds like a way out to me.

But hey, if it is real, id support it.

Its like heaven. I don't believe it exists, but if it did, that'd be great!!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Super Smash Bros. Armageddon!
I'm making a Smash Bros. Computer game! Finally I'm putting some consistancy into something :laugh:! Anyway, this game has been under development since December 2006, and it should be done mid to late 2008. Trust me, it WILL be worth the wait. There will be "More characters than you can imagine", Online capable, easy use on most computer USB controllers/keyboards, feature many stages, and a wide variety of music. I'm actually done with most of the programming now, amd I'm just throwing in extra characters, stages, music, etc. Hell, I may even get finished earlier than i thought. Well I will list some of the characters and stages now. There will not be TOO many unlockable characters.

FULL ROOSTER (rooster subject to grow. Intentional typo FTW!)
Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., Kamek, Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Ninten, Ness, Lucas, Pokey, Ashley (Wario), Ice Climbers, Ice Climber antagonist (mysteriousness FTW!), Samus, Zamus, Ridley, Dr. Mario, link, Ganondorf, child link, Zelda, Sheik (seperate), Mii, Sonic, Shadow, Ike, Lyn, Marth, Roy, Andy, K. Rool, Mr. Game and Watch, Mr. Game and Watch (you'll see), Captain Falcon, Black Shadow, Pit, Medusa, Megaman, Solid Snake, Fox, Krystal, Wolf, Falco, Captian Olimar, Toad, Master Mini, Deoxys, Fake Kraid, Sora, Lex, Howard and Nester, Meowth, Giovanni, Chibi Robo, plus ill add a few of the most requested.

STAGES (BE PATIENT, IM NOT TYPING THESE ALL AT ONCE)
Luigis mansion, Yoshis Island, Yoshis Story, Bowsers airship, New Pork City, Pictochat,Super Mario World level, Mushroom Kingdom, Subcon, Castle Siege, other FE level, Green Hill Zone, Forum, Onett, Tennis Court, Diamond City, Bowsers Castle, Koopas Army, Pokemon Stadium, The Summit, Icicle Mounain (stationary), The Construction site, Jungle Japes, Nintendo-land (working title), Lylat System, some sort of ground starfox level, Norfair, Kraid, Zebes, Flat Zone, Boxing arena, Smashville (working title),

Oh, for you 3 Waluigi fans in the world, don't worry, he's an alternate costume for the Mii. Not joking. Don't worry it'll be fine. Daisy, Paper Mario, Rosetta, and Toadette are also alt. costumes.

If you have any last minute suggestions PLEASE do tell. that goes for characters, stages, movesets, anything. If I like an idea of yours enough I'll credit you, even if i don't have time to add it.

Name courtesy of Nibwoddle. Some characters are subject to be removed. I am not jesus, but I am close to Chuck Norris. I haven't even added a lot of the characters on my list yet. and as for spriting, I'm in a tad of a pickle right now, so if you can spritem please do tell, as I have almost no sprites I'm gonna use in the final game. I know I haven't been good to prooving that this game exists, so I welcome skepticism.
hey man! can i ask you what language and or program you are using to program your games? ive been interested in making a game for quite a while. i know how to program text dos window applications but i am looking to move up to making games with graphics. can you tell me a little bit about how to get started??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom