• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Okay, it's time to start voting on both things!

First off, the tracklists:

Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 's tracklist
Flyboy Flyboy 's tracklist

Here's the poll:

And here are the assists:

Max ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
Adam ( osby osby )
The Four Greater Devils ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Fenrir ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Yuma Ilburn ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
Dylan and Misty ( PuyoWitch PuyoWitch )
Domingo ( Flyboy Flyboy )

Vote for your top 3 picks - keep your own submission in third place if you're going to self-vote.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Dylan & Misty (I just think they're funny cool pirates and the assist-that-might-not-assist idea is neat)
2. Yuma (I like dragons and think it's a neat way for a modern protagonist to appear)
3. Adam (Funny robot, big chunky, a friend)

1. Domingo (He's funny)
2. The four greater devils (That's a devilish idea. No pun intended)
3. Fenrir (Shameless self-vote, but I wanna make my idea shine, but my possibly bad grammar and lack of knowledge about SEGA RPG series gatekeep me from mine submission winning)

Last edited:

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
1. Adam (This character's great. I feel like he has what I want in a summon. Not only does he use something other people don't, he's an eye-opener. Big robot ball.)
2. Yuma (I've just enjoyed what I've experienced of Shining Resonance so far and I really like the idea of just a wandering attack character that can turn into a dragon. I felt weird not nominating him as a playable rep, but I thought there were just better options, and I was worried the whole thing was a lot like Corrin Fireemblem. It works a lot better here.)
3. Domingo (Weird Shining party member rep! I'm glad this character has another opportunity here. I do really care for the design of this lil' jellyfish man, even if I thought Bowie was the best pick for the playable character round.)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Fellas, fellas, I think it is time to show the results.

First things first, Flyboy's tracklist wins!!!!

Secondly, we have the assist results:

Max: 5 points
Adam: 13 points
4GD: 4 points
Fenrir: 1 points
Yuma: 6 points
Dylan/Misty: 14 points
Domingo: 17 points

Domingo will be our Shining assist!!!!

That does it for our Shining content. Moving on:

Job #153: Submit a new online mode

Aight fellas, the time has finally come for our last non-minigame mode - and Online is the only section we haven't yet touched upon. So naturally we're doing an online mode now!

Here's the list of online modes that are already in for reference:
-Casual Match
-Ranked Match
-Online Tournament
-Private Room
-Spectate
-Monthly Challenges
ok now bye

Online mode submission:
Shared Content.

Shared Content
is an online mode that you can see others' replays or edited videos. This mode acts similarly to Share in Super Smash Bros. 4 and Shared content from SSBU, allowing users to share, download, and endorse content. Shareable content includes:

Endorsing content is done by clicking a "Yeah!" button, which acts as a "like" button similar to other community sites. It also has similarities to Miiverse. Content that has recently been getting large amounts of likes is shown in a “Hot!” category, among other categories (Videos, Replays and Spectate).

Users are able to sort between content by either choosing to sort By Recommended, By Popularity, and By Date.

There are 3 options of searching for specific content:

• By Keywords: Users type out the keywords of their choice, which will cause the search to list all content with those keywords. This has to match a word in the submission's title or the author's name.
  • By Details: Users choose a category (Videos, Replays, Spectate, Creator, Gave a Yeah!), and are then given several other details to further filter their search depending on the category: for example, Replays have a "Fighter" and Format" option to limit what characters, modes are shown.
  • Enter ID: Users enter the ID tag of a submission, which is shown at the bottom right beside its preview picture.
Shared content appears to feature a moderation system, put in place to disallow users from uploading potentially sensitive content, such as stages shaped in the form of inappropriate poses or prohibited imagery. Users can report other users who upload such content by clicking on the user, then clicking the report button; whether moderation is done automatically is unknown, however.
(Origin source: Taken from SmashWiki)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I have a question: Is that mode allowed to be in this prompt?
If not, feel free to disregard this,
Yes, this mode is allowed for this prompt. That being said.....
I don't care, bye.
This is just plain uncalled for. You keep making these really rude and unnecessary comments that contribute nothing of value to the conversation. One of the only big rules in this thread is that I'm simply asking for people to be respectful. I don't know why you keep acting like this, but you have to stop.

We've already had to not let you join the Discord as punishment for this kind of behavior, and you still haven't learned. At this point, I feel inclined to go for the last resort: if you keep acting like this, then I'll have to start ignoring your submissions from here on out. You have been warned.

Yes, this mode is allowed for this prompt. That being said.....

This is just plain uncalled for. You keep making these really rude and unnecessary comments that contribute nothing of value to the conversation. One of the only big rules in this thread is that I'm simply asking for people to be respectful. I don't know why you keep acting like this, but you have to stop.

We've already had to not let you join the Discord as punishment for this kind of behavior, and you still haven't learned. At this point, I feel inclined to go for the last resort: if you keep acting like this, then I'll have to start ignoring your submissions from here on out. You have been warned.
I'm totally sorry. I was totally acting so arrogant that I forgot that you are giving me a solid warning.
Also, I was scared that you're going to say that my submission is ineligible and that's why I said that.
I know you're mad at me right now, as even the whole thread, but please this is the last time I acted insensitive.

Fixed.
I hope you understand Speed...

Also, thank you for the answer.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
JOB 153: New Online Mode

In many cases of making a new platform fighter you can always go to one place to look for inspiration: Smash Bros and thus I bring you...

Capsule Clash

What is Capsule Clash? Capsule Clash is like Smash Tour from SSBWiiU. Except that instead of Fighters, you can use the many Capsule Toys that we have suggested. Now in the game you roll a pair of dice which determines how you move and there are many spaces that can either help or hurt you.

• Blank Spaces: These don't affect you
  • Battle Spaces: These commence regular battles
  • Twist Battle Spaces: These can commence a fight between opponents but each fighter is affected with a power randomly
  • Enemy Spaces: In these spaces, the unlikely person who stepped on it at the end of their turn will have an enemy from the VMU RPG subgame follow you for a couple of turns that leave the character disadvantaged
  • Prize Spaces: If you land on these at the end of your turn you gain either an Artwork or an additional capsule toy
The main goal of the game is to see who can win the most matches.
Note: I just realized that this is considered a minigame mode but I will submit this again for minigame so ignore this for now.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #153: The Law of the Strongest Mode

This particular game mode is a 1 vs all gameplay mode.

One player plays as a super powered version of their fighter, they have more HP and hit harder.

The other players get to choose a character each, and the goal is to bring down the 'Boss' opponent together, with a lobby of players before the time limit is reached.
The Boss character's role is to destroy the other fighters before they are taken down and to outlast the clock.

If not enough players are filling the lobby, high level CPUs will take the role of the six team mates. The CPU can also be set to be the boss if friends wish to take down the computer together.

Whichever team comes out on top are awarded a bevy of goodies including rare capsule toys, a ton of in-game currency to buy items at the shop, brand new artwork and the boss player may even unlock a new costume for their fighter if they defeat enough opponents and win the match...

Time period can be set of course, with longer times resulting in more rewards.

The mode's name is a reference to a Spanish Sega campaign for the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
JOB 153: New Online Mode

In many cases of making a new platform fighter you can always go to one place to look for inspiration: Smash Bros and thus I bring you...

Capsule Clash

What is Capsule Clash? Capsule Clash is like Smash Tour from SSBWiiU. Except that instead of Fighters, you can use the many Capsule Toys that we have suggested. Now in the game you roll a pair of dice which determines how you move and there are many spaces that can either help or hurt you.

• Blank Spaces: These don't affect you
  • Battle Spaces: These commence regular battles
  • Twist Battle Spaces: These can commence a fight between opponents but each fighter is affected with a power randomly
  • Enemy Spaces: In these spaces, the unlikely person who stepped on it at the end of their turn will have an enemy from the VMU RPG subgame follow you for a couple of turns that leave the character disadvantaged
  • Prize Spaces: If you land on these at the end of your turn you gain either an Artwork or an additional capsule toy
The main goal of the game is to see who can win the most matches.
Note: I just realized that this is considered a minigame mode but I will submit this again for minigame so ignore this for now.
No, no, this is fine, this is allowed!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job 153: Segata Sanshiro Mode

artworks-000164581131-rl0s45-t500x500.jpg

I'm sure there's a better name for this but I can't think right now...

So, I'm not sure if this will fly but I figured since he's a boss this could be fun... But basically, an online mode where you get to be the boss! Or rather...one player does. Inspired by his boss fight as well as TF2's Saxton Hale mode, Dead By Daylight, and others, this is an online-only event mode where one player spawns as a super powerful Segata Sanshiro with full access to his many moves and complete boss-like stage control. 32 other players slowly spawn in to the arena, each working together to try and take down the master. Will you and your teammates survive? Will Segata prove his dominance once again? Who will reign supreme? There's only one way to find out!

I understand if this feels like it makes the boss fight less special but I do think a mode that is a big twist on a regular fight could be cute especially with a potentially chaotic battle royal.

Last edited:
For my apologize after being obnoxious on this thread, I've quite redeemed myself and I won't gonna act so arrogant.
And for that, here's new Capsule Toy that I had in mind before that day.

- Snail (Snail Maze) (3D model is based on Artwork)
  • Series: Snail Maze
  • System Debut: Sega Master System
  • First Appearance: Snail Maze (??/??/1986)

Description entry: This cute little Snail really likes to travel through huge mazes and he always find it's way out from the Maze. The Snail is really small comparing to the size of Maze that locates inside your TV Screen while playing on Sega Master System. The game was made and published by the same creator SEGA back in 80's during that time when every console was in third-generation Era.
Maybe he is one of Obscure mementos of the SEGA's history, but he still belongs to your Collection of Capsule Toys. I hope he won't lost it's way while being stuck in Maze made out of Capsule Toys...

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Capsule Clash - I think this is a really fun idea that also helps make the VMU RPG mode and Capsule Toys collectibles even more tied to the game and gives more reasons to collect them.

2. Shared Content - I'd like to suggest that people are able to share their creations from Diorama mode as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Capsule Clash
2. Segata Sanshiro Mode

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Puyo Puyo Capsule Toys:

Dark Prince
Debut: Madou Monogatari II
System Debut:Game Gear