• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Submissions are closing in a couple hours, get your submissions in, GOGOGOGOGO

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Metal Sonic and Wolf Hawkfield.

Job 35:

Sonic the Hedgehog Rep:
Metal Sonic

So, honestly, I know who my first choice would be and he's already been submitted, but I thought I should toss in a somewhat unexpected pick into the mix! I love Metal Sonic, and have since Sonic 3 and especially the Sonic OVA (hence the picture). I don't think he'd be a mere Sonic echo - I'd prefer him to be based on both the OVA and Mecha Sonic/Silver Sonic incarnations, with energy blasts, the golden transformation mechanic, strong kicks, and teleportation. Metal Sonic becomes such a cool villain in the series, more than just a Sonic clone, and so I want to see him thrown into the mix. Plus, a Land of Darkness or Stardust Speedway stage? Yes please.

Fun fact, in looking for this image, I've learned that a full demo tape with music made for the Sonic OVA has been found and dumped online! This is so cool, just hearing South Island makes me smile.

Virtua Fighter Rep: Wolf Hawkfield

Wolf Hawkfield has appeared in every Virtua Fighter game to date, and is a Candian professional wrestler who focuses on grapples - a stark contrast to fellow wrestler El Blaze's luchador style. In-story, he was defeated by Akira Yuki and considers him a great friend and rival, as Wolf only looks for stronger opponents to fight and believes in sportsmanship.

While Wolf isn't as high on the priorities list as someone like Jacky or Sarah, he is still an important part of the Virtua Fighter roster, and as a grappler would bring a unique archetype to this game and we don't have a ton of Sega wrestlers to choose from... Plus, honestly, while I find Virtua Fighter to be less exciting than pretty much all of my favorite fighting games cast-wise, this dude always stuck out to me.

Fun fact, Wolf has also appeared in an arcade title that crossed over Virtua characters with All Japan Pro Wrestling, and he was in Fighters Megamix too!
Not much has changed since making these posts but I still think they'd both be great and unique additions to the playable roster.

Last edited:
My Virtua Fighter Rep submittion:
Kage Maru

I submitted him, because he was only one Character that came into my Mind. He is middly popular, but he deserves a Spot for Roster like Shadow, but he could have unique moveset, since he is a Ninja Character and Could wall jump or do quick combos.

Inclusion would be cool, since He needs to be spiced up his popularity to be Playable, but he is BATTLE OF AGES' and Virtua Fighter's Favorite Ninja!

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
My Virtua Fighter Rep submittion:
Lau Chan

I submitted him, because he was only one Character that came into my Mind. He is middle popular, but he deserves a Spot for Roster like Shadow, but he could have similar moves to Akira, but Faster and more akin to his OG games.

Inclusion would be cool, since He needs to be spiced up his popularity to be Playable, but he is BATTLE OF AGES' Sensei!
We've already added Lau as an assist, so he's not eligible for submission

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
OK, I'll throw my own pick in at the last minute! I'm very satisfied with our Sonic lineup, but there is still one more VF character I think would make for a very fun inclusion:

Job #74 - Third VF Rep: Eileen
EileenVF5US.jpg

Having debuted in the original version of VF5, Eileen is a Chinese girl who lost her parents at an early age and was raised by her grandfather, a martial arts master who taught her the "Monkey Style Kung-Fu" fighting style - which is primarily focused on emulating the movements of monkeys. After training with her grandfather, she honed her skills by joining an opera troupe in Beijing. She's also a huge admirer of Pai Chan, and joined the Fifth World Fighting Tournament for the express purpose of meeting her.

So as I mentioned, Eileen's whole thing is that she fights like monke. She has a very acrobactic fighting style, with lots of kicks, strikes, lunges, flips and all sorts. From what I've seen, she seems to generally be the larger fan-favorite of the three new characters in VF5 (though Jean and El Blaze also have their followings), and she'd help represent the newer side of VF in contrast to the two classic characters we have. I dunno, she's fun, I like her.

Also I made the Discord guess which VF character I was submitting and they were all WRONG hahahahaha

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, I'm a lazy *****ass so this ended up ending a bit later than intended, but voting has now begun!

Here are our candidates:

Sonic:
Knuckles ( OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos )
Amy Rose ( osby osby )
Shadow the Hedgehog ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Blaze the Cat ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
Tails ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
Metal Sonic ( Flyboy Flyboy )

Virtua Fighter:
Jacky Bryant ( OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos )
Pai Chan ( osby osby )
Jeffry McWild ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
Aoi Umenokoji ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
Goh Hinogami ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
Wolf Hawkfield ( Flyboy Flyboy )
Kage-Maru ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
Eileen (meeeeeeeee)

Vote for your top 3 picks in each category - make sure to keep your own submission in third place if you're going to self-vote.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Sanic:
  1. Tails (He just makes sense to include as Sonic’s Luigi)
  2. Blaze (Even if I think Tails and Knuckles should take priority, Blaze is still my second favorite Sonic character and I’d love to see her appear in more things)
  3. & Knuckles (knock knock)
Virtual:
  1. Goh (We don’t have many opportunities to add non-Eggman villains so I think now’d be the perfect time)
  2. Wolf (Grapplers are cool)
  3. Eileen (Return to Monke)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Knuckles (fighting game, Knuckles is the Sonic character most associated with fighting...I mean his name IS Knuckles)
  2. Amy (I like the idea of Amy following Sonic wherever he goes and she is probably the most famous female character from Sega even if that's only by virtue of Sonic being the most well known series).
  3. Tails (Sonic's Luigi, utterly adore the guy, Sonic 2 is fantastic, I simply cannot not vote for Tails).
I have really basic taste when it comes to the Sonic cast it seems...but these guys just feel the most right to me for inclusion. Honestly I'd love for all three to somehow get in.

1. Jacky Bryant (unironically my favourite to play as, and seeing the Bryants in this crossover together is pretty neat)
  2. Eileen (monkey fighting style has always been a favourite of mine to witness. How ironic that our first monkey fighting rep won't be AiAi or Amigo if she gets in. Very surprising inclusion overall, would turn heads)
  3. Kage-Maru (just so we have all three VF winners in the game (Akira and Lau Chan being the other two, Kage has just won the most)).

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sonic:
1. Tails (He's gotta be in!)
2. Knuckles (My Favorite Boy)
3. Amy (Important and fun rep)

Virtua Fighter:
1. Jacky (He's super cool)
2. Goh (I agree with the villain point)
3. Wolf (Hell yeah)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Tails
2. Amy (more girls)
3. Metal Sonic

1. Eileen
2. Pai Chan
3. Jacky

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Tails
2. Knuckles
3. Metal Sonic

1. Pai Chan
2. Wolf Hawkfield
3. Jacky

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, voting is up!

Let's look at the results:

Knuckles: 16 points
Amy: 10 points
Shadow: 8 points
Blaze: 9 points
Tails: 29 points
Metal: 6 points

Jacky: 24 points
Pai: 16 points
Jeffry: 4 points
Aoi: 3 points
Goh: 12 points
Wolf: 5 points
Kage: 4 points
Eileen: 10 points

And with that, we have two lucky winners: on the Sonic side, our third character from the series is Tails!!!!!! And on the VF side, our third and final character from the series is Jacky Bryant!!!!!!

Give it up for both of them!

So let's move on:

Job #75: Submit a moveset for Tails

Yeah, of course this is what we'll do right afterwards. As usual, I will bring up the Sacred Moveset Format:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. information

lesgooooooooo

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #75: Tails Moveset

Basic Playstyle:
Tails is Sonic's best friend and sidekick, known for his inventive ability and iconic two tailed flight. As such, Tails will be a character that excels in the air more than the ground, and uses gadgets to keep opponents at bay. He has a third jump which activates his hovering ability.

Gameplay wise, Tails is going to be vastly different from Sonic. Whilst Sonic focuses on speed and combos, Tails is more about set ups, traps and area control.

Tails is a decent swimmer, and thus takes considerably longer than Sonic to drown. He cannot wall jump. He has a spin dash sliding move, although it does less damage than Sonic's spindashes.

Tails' grab can briefly lift opponents into the air, although opponents can mash to escape this to prevent Tails simply flying over the abyss and dropping his opponents.

Tails has some of the best air movement in the game, although when his flight meter depletes he will be left vulnerable, slowly descending exhausted making him have less airtime than either Opa-Opa or NiGHTS.

Tails' Basic moves:
Tails' basic moves of spin dash, hitting opponents with his two tails and instead of a punch, he throws a dummy ring which returns to him upon hitting.

Tails' dodge consists of him rolling to the side.

For Tails' shield, he pulls the 'helmet' upgrade over him from Tails' Adventure

Tails has weak basic physical attacks, medium jump(although he can jump three times with the last one being his helicoptor flight), low stamina, light weight, above average speed, and slow falling, but his specials and inventions pack a punch.

Special attacks:
Neutral Special: Bombs
Taken from Tails' Adventure, Tails will throw a simple bomb he invented. When airborne, these bombs can be dropped vertically down on opponents. If held down, the bomb becomes larger.

Down Special: Chu Chu Bomb Trap
A simple trap. Taken from Sonic Battle, Tails will drop a mouse shaped mine which will tunnel into the stage, glowing red intermittently. When stood on, it explodes in a large vertical blast of fire. Only one can be active at any time. The trap can be dropped from above whilst airborne.

Side Special: Dummy Ring
Tails has his ring from Tails' Skypatrol. This dummy ring is thrown from a distance, and always snaps back to Tails after he throws it like a boomerang. This ring can travel a good distance, knocking an approaching opponent backwards.

Up Special: Tornado Spin
Since Tails tires out, this move is used as a last ditch effort to keep him alive. He rapidly spins his tails below him creating a tornado that lifts him slightly into the air. Tails is vulnerable after this move.
It is however also useful for trapping opponents directly below him within the mini tornado, allowing Tails to land safely and set up for his next move.

All Star Move: Transforming Tornado
Tails throws his pocket sized 'mech walker' from his entrance animation at the opponent. If it hits:

The mech transforms around the opponent, strapping them in via a seatbelt(can see the opponent try to get it off frantically) “Have a nice flight!” Tails smiles before pressing a remote control, which causes the mech to transform into a plane, rocket skywards before nosediving back down. Tails presses the button again and the plane transforms off of the opponent into the mecha. The opponent smashes into the ground and the mech walker lands directly on top of them.

Misc:
Entrance animation: Stomps in on his mech walker from Sonic Adventure 2. He jumps out and it transforms into a pocket sized ball that he catches and puts behind his back.

Idle animation: Tails will look at the players straight on and yawn, fanning his mouth mimicking his Sonic 2 waiting animation.

Taunts:
Taunt 1:
Tails plays skip rope with his tails.
Taunt 2: Tails spins a wrench in his hand.
Taunt 3: Tails flies around in a circle, before landing and clenching his fists excitedly.

Victory Animations:
Victory animation 1:
Tails flies through the sky in the Tornado Plane with Flickies flying next to him.
Victory animation 2: Tails is seen welding his buddy bot, he finishes, and he and the buddy bot high five.
Victory animation 3: Tails presses his remote control, but it doesn't seem to be working. He keeps pressing it, until it explodes, leaving him sooten. He shakes it off and laughs.

Palettes:

Tails-Palette-Swap.png

1: 'Modern' Tails
2. Mega Drive era Tails (Bomb made to look like he's carrying Sonic)
3. SATAM Tails
4. Super Tails
5. Sonic Boom Tails
6. Bean the Dynamite (mostly due to the bomb ability)
7. Whisper the Wolf (Actually has appeared in a Sonic game now, even if only a Runner style one. Seems Sega actually are pushing her and Tangle)
8. Psycho Fox (Another Sega platforming fox from the Master System era that I absolutely will keep mentioning and shilling in minor ways)

There's been a strange lack of foxes in Sonic canon now I look at it. Unlike Sonic where I had entirely too many hedgehog alt options. The only other option was Infinite who is a Jackal and err...well, I attempted, but there's a reason I scrapped it:
Tails-Infinity.png

I just don't think it suits Tails very well

Last edited:
Job #75: Tails Moveset

Basic Playstyle:
Tails is Sonic's best friend and sidekick, known for his inventive ability and iconic two tailed flight. As such, Tails will be a character that excels in the air more than the ground, and uses gadgets to keep opponents at bay. He has a third jump which activates his hovering ability.

Gameplay wise, Tails is going to be vastly different from Sonic. Whilst Sonic focuses on speed and combos, Tails is more about set ups, traps and area control.

Tails is a decent swimmer, and thus takes considerably longer than Sonic to drown. He cannot wall jump. He has a spin dash sliding move, although it does less damage than Sonic's spindashes.

Tails' grab can briefly lift opponents into the air, although opponents can mash to escape this to prevent Tails simply flying over the abyss and dropping his opponents.

Tails has some of the best air movement in the game, although when his flight meter depletes he will be left vulnerable, slowly descending exhausted making him have less airtime than either Opa-Opa or NiGHTS.

Tails' Basic moves:
Tails' basic moves of spin dash, hitting opponents with his two tails and instead of a punch, he throws a dummy ring which returns to him upon hitting.

Tails' dodge consists of him rolling to the side.

For Tails' shield, he pulls the 'helmet' upgrade over him from Tails' Adventure

Tails has weak basic physical attacks, medium jump(although he can jump three times with the last one being his helicoptor flight), low stamina, light weight, above average speed, and slow falling, but his specials and inventions pack a punch.

Special attacks:
Neutral Special: Bombs
Taken from Tails' Adventure, Tails will throw a simple bomb he invented. When airborne, these bombs can be dropped vertically down on opponents. If held down, the bomb becomes larger.

Down Special: Chu Chu Bomb Trap
A simple trap. Taken from Sonic Battle, Tails will drop a mouse shaped mine which will tunnel into the stage, glowing red intermittently. When stood on, it explodes in a large vertical blast of fire. Only one can be active at any time. The trap can be dropped from above whilst airborne.

Side Special: Dummy Ring
Tails has his ring from Tails' Skypatrol. This dummy ring is thrown from a distance, and always snaps back to Tails after he throws it like a boomerang. This ring can travel a good distance, knocking an approaching opponent backwards.

Up Special: Tornado Spin
Since Tails tires out, this move is used as a last ditch effort to keep him alive. He rapidly spins his tails below him creating a tornado that lifts him slightly into the air. Tails is vulnerable after this move.
It is however also useful for trapping opponents directly below him within the mini tornado, allowing Tails to land safely and set up for his next move.

All Star Move: Transforming Tornado
Tails throws his pocket sized 'mech walker' from his entrance animation at the opponent. If it hits:

The mech transforms around the opponent, strapping them in via a seatbelt(can see the opponent try to get it off frantically) “Have a nice flight!” Tails smiles before pressing a remote control, which causes the mech to transform into a plane, rocket skywards before nosediving back down. Tails presses the button again and the plane transforms off of the opponent into the mecha. The opponent smashes into the ground and the mech walker lands directly on top of them.

Misc:
Entrance animation: Stomps in on his mech walker from Sonic Adventure 2. He jumps out and it transforms into a pocket sized ball that he catches and puts behind his back.

Idle animation: Tails will look at the players straight on and yawn, fanning his mouth mimicking his Sonic 2 waiting animation.

Taunts:
Taunt 1:
Tails plays skip rope with his tails.
Taunt 2: Tails spins a wrench in his hand.
Taunt 3: Tails flies around in a circle, before landing and clenching his fists excitedly.

Victory Animations:
Victory animation 1:
Tails flies through the sky in the Tornado Plane with Flickies flying next to him.
Victory animation 2: Tails is seen welding his buddy bot, he finishes, and he and the buddy bot high five.
Victory animation 3: Tails presses his remote control, but it doesn't seem to be working. He keeps pressing it, until it explodes, leaving him sooten. He shakes it off and laughs.

Palettes:

View attachment 331364
1: 'Modern' Tails
2. Mega Drive era Tails (Bomb made to look like he's carrying Sonic)
3. SATAM Tails
4. Super Tails
5. Sonic Boom Tails
6. Bean the Dynamite (mostly due to the bomb ability)
7. Whisper the Wolf (Actually has appeared in a Sonic game now, even if only a Runner style one. Seems Sega actually are pushing her and Tangle)
8. Psycho Fox (Another Sega platforming fox from the Master System era that I absolutely will keep mentioning and shilling in minor ways)

There's been a strange lack of foxes in Sonic canon now I look at it. Unlike Sonic where I had entirely too many hedgehog alt options. The only other option was Infinite who is a Jackal and err...well, I attempted, but there's a reason I scrapped it:
View attachment 331362

I just don't think it suits Tails very well
Sadly that you didn't included Zooey Alt. That would be cool since we has Alts based on Non-VG media, but related to Sonic.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Overall, Tails’s playstyle is based around throwing items, and keeping the opponent at a distance. Think of him like a “zoner” character. His specials have him primarily attack with weapons and tools.

Attacks:
His jab is a three hit jab where he punches twice then hits with his tails.
Most of his attacks have him attack with inventions or weapons he’s been shown using. He also has some attacks where he punches it hits with his tail.

Some things I’d like to add are that his down smash would be him spinning like the spindash. Also his up air would have him spin his tails in a circle.

Specials:
Neutral Special: Energy Ball

A pretty standard projectile. It flies kinda slow but does a lot of damage

Side Special: Triple Bomb

B0C2F1F4-EEC5-47F3-923B-885DF2B54D08.jpeg

Tails throws a bomb forward which makes a giant explosion on the ground, about the size of three Bob-omb explosions in our world all next to each other. He has to wait 5 seconds to use the move after doing it once

Up Special: Propeller Flight

He spins his two tails and flies upwards. The physics act pretty much exactly like it does in the classic sonic games.

Down Special: Napalm Bomb
(yes tails can canonically commit war crimes)

He throws the bomb forward which makes a small flame on the ground. It acts similar to Simon and Richter’s down special.

All Star Move: Sky Chase

Tails goes into his plane which he can fly around freely. He can’t fire missiles or anything but the plane does do a lot of damage and knockback if flown into someone.

Alts:
1. Standard
2. A more darker orange to represent his classic design
3. Purple fur and shoes. A reference to fang the sniper
4. Red fur, yellow shoes. A reference to Knuckles
5. Brown. A reference to his TV show design as well as Sally
6. A bright yellow. A reference to Super Tails and Ray
7. Black fur with red stomach. A reference to Mighty
8. Lilac with dark purple stomach. A reference to Blaze.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, submissions are closed!

Here's what we got:

YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's moveset
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule 's moveset

Here's the poll:

Now then, I honestly kinda feel like starting up the next job already while the moveset vote goes on. I haven't done this in a long time and I don't plan on doing it many times in the future, but I felt like speeding things up a bit just this one time. So:

Job #76: Submit a modern Sonic stage

That's right, to accompany Tails' inclusion, we are now deciding on our third and final Sonic stage in the base roster!

So last time, we covered the classic games, and we got the Death Egg outta that. This time however, we're looking at the other side of the coin: comparatively "modern" Sonic stuff.

What does this entail? Well, here are some examples of the more notable games that are eligible for this job:

-The Adventure games
-Heroes
-Unleashed
-The Storybook games
-Colors
-Sonic 4
-Lost World
-Forces
-The Advance games
-The Rush games
-Any original location to have come out of Generations
-Sonic Battle
-****ing Shadow the Hedgehog, why not
-Uh ****innnnnn Riders, Rivals, all that stuff
-Sonic Boom
-Sonic Chronicles I guess??????????

Now then, this is not an exhaustive list. There are probably some other notable games I forgot to mention, so generally just look at this as any game where Sonic's lanky, I guess. (which I realize is an overly-vague statement that will inevitably bite me in the ass once someone submits a stage from a game that I would not allow but does technically feature lanky Sonic but oh well)

Again, do remember that this is the final Sonic stage we'll be adding in base. Also remember to please still vote on the moveset vote above.

Have a good one!

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #76: Rooftop Run

8F831709-399F-48EF-820C-DD9DB989E5C0.jpeg

Rooftop Run is one of Sonic Unleashed’s many memorable levels, located in the city of Spagonia. The locale takes inspiration from various western European countries, most notably Italy, Spain, France, and England. Spagonia is also one of the most pivotal locations in Sonic Unleashed, as it is the home of Professor Pickle, a researcher who helps Sonic and Chip out on their mission to stop Eggman’s plan to unleash Gaia. The stage also re-appeared in the console version of Sonic Generations.

Now Sonic is no stranger to exploring urban settings, especially in the modern era where it’s practically an obligation for almost every game to include at least one stage that takes place in a city. With that in mind, I feel like an urban stage makes more than plenty of sense to include as one of Sonic’s three stages. I just went with Rooftop Run because it’s one of Unleashed’s most memorable stages and I love the European influences.

The stage takes place, well, on top of the roofs of the Spagonian apartments. The roofs are flat, with one platform moving vertically at the center of the stage. The stage also features balloons that will increase the player’s height when they jump into them, as well as a swinging pendulum blade on both sides of the stage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 76

Planet Wisp

Planet Wisp is a major location in Sonic Colors

The Stage itself is on a minor industrial complex in the middle of the planet the layout is very reminiscent of Big Battlefield only there is a platform on the edge of the screen and that platform is one of the many trees seen on the Planet. and the top 3 Platforms are removed.

Throughout this Industrial Complex you can see many different types of wisps playing around

In the background you see an image very much like the image above. Many trees rivers rails and more and occasionally Queen wisp will come by and look at the battle

Sonic Colors is one of the more celebrated games in the series and it got a port recently.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job #76: City Escape (Sonic Adventure 2)

City-Escape-Stage.png

The memorable GUN Truck chase from Sonic Adventure 2 is the first stage I always think about when anyone mentions modern Sonic titles.

It's a great set piece, probably my favourite in the entire series, and really makes you feel like a speedster as you desperately outrun the truck as it rockets through the city in hot pursuit, smashing through cars and walls(in Generations' version of the level especially) just to capture Sonic.

So my submission this time is the GUN Military Truck itself.
Players will do battle atop the runaway demonic truck as he speeds through the city, smashing through cars and debris as it does so.
As the GUN truck goes up and down hills, the angle of the stage will change, making some recoveries harder than others if the player is particularly unlucky. Falling in front of the GUN Truck will result in being ran over by it, being launched and being dealt huge damage, whilst falling behind it...well the truck is going pretty fast, unless you're quick to recover you'll be left behind, being dealt damage for every moment you're not on the truck.

Cars occasionally fly directly over the GUN truck, which can deal HUGE damage to any unfortunate individual who happens to get hit by a stray vehicle.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #76: Faraway Avalon

1632550649265.png

Rather than a proper level, Faraway Avalon is the area where the final boss battle of Sonic and the Black Knight takes place. Shaped like a stone pathway surrounded by gold-colored elegant buildings and flowerbeds, it's a confined island perpetually illuminated by the sunset.

This version takes the structure of being closed off with walls on both sides, giving the fighters a proper and simple place to battle on. Unless their counterparts are on the field, various characters from the game such as Sir Percival, Sir Lancelot, or Sir Gawain can be seen rushing from the background.

Occasionally, King Arthur will jump to the arc behind the stage and attack the fighters with electric and dark energy bolts.

Job #76:
City Escape (Sonic Forces):

The layout of Destroyed-city themed stage will be straight walkout Platform like KoF arena, but with slopes of each side. The are 2 Platforms, which are Roofs of Buildings. The background is taken from City level of Sonic Forces.

The Main hazards are Egg Robots in Background, who shoot Lasers at you or Enemy and the Most Important Main Hazard is Infinite, who occasionally appears in Background and distorts the Reality with Phantom Ruby, making the Stage Cubed and the stage has Reduced Gravity.

Despite Sonic Forces is Trash, but stage based on it should deserve a Spot on the Roster of Stages. This is why I included this Stage as Submittion.

Another Capsule Toy to "Others" category Submittion:

- Psycho Fox
- System Debut: Sega Master System
- Series: Psycho Fox
- First Appearance: Psycho Fox (June 1, 1989)

Description: This Fox known as "Psycho Fox" is a Hero of the Game of the Same Name. He was Chosen by his fellow people, who were Afraid of MadFox the Daimyōjin, who is Evil Fox Deity, who wanted to Corrupt the Land and release horde of Monster to destroy it. When he was Chosen, he went on Adventure to get rid of MadFox and release the peace in his Land. It's unknown why he is called "Psycho Fox" instead of "Heroic Fox"?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Some capsule toys for the series that can use a few more:

• Eileen
    • Series: Virtua Fighter
    • First Appearance: Virtua Fighter 5 (July 12, 2006)
    • System Debut: Arcade

• Seijuro Kamiyama
    • Series: Sakura Wars
    • First Appearance: Sakura Wars (December 12, 2019)
    • System Debut: Playstation 4

• Rodin
    • Series: Bayonetta
    • First Appearance: Bayonetta (October 29, 2009)
    • System Debut: Playstation 3/Xbox 360

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's unknown why he is called "Psycho Fox" instead of "Heroic Fox"?
I can explain that last part actually!

Psycho Fox uses spiritual powers(via Shinto sticks) to transform himself between Fox, Monkey, Hippo and Tiger forms.

The Japanese have used the words Psycho and Psychic interchangably seeing them meaning the same thing and are the harness of both mental and spiritual abilities. Whilst the game was strictly western only(which is quite odd given the Japanese themes of Shinto shrines now that I think of it), it was made by Vic Tokai, a Japanese company, hence 'Psycho' instead of 'Psychic'.

For other examples of this, see also;
  • Mob Psycho 100 (Mob's not a psycho, but he does have psychic powers),
  • M. Bison's Psycho Power (although he IS a psycho too)
  • A Master System title called Psycho World which was eventually renamed to Psychic World in the west. Naturally the game was about a young girl, Rucia, who was able to harness psychic powers.
That said, appreciate you adding him to the Capsule toys. Still one of the best Master System platformers IMO.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. SA2 City Escape (One of the most iconic Sonic levels of all time. Plus, having the stage take place on the GUN truck is a concept I can get behind)
2. Planet Wisp (I love Sonic Colors and always thought this was a gorgeous location)

Top Bottom