• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. Joker (Honestly he just Makes Sense to include at this point. Also much like Bayonetta, there’s a ton of ways you could make him distinct from his Smash counterpart)
2. Leanne (I haven’t heard of her or her game until osby’s submission but I gotta say she looks rad as hell! Her playstyle looks like it’d be really fun and I love the idea of a grittier, more rustic stage to offer some extra aesthetic variety)
3. Prince Ash (I remember playing his game a while back when I still had an Xbox 360 and enjoying it. Even if he’d need to be toned down I still think it’d be funny to have him in the game to contrast with the more family-friendly platformer stars like Sonic and Alex Kidd)

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Joker. I think it's about time we got a Persona character and he's a pretty unique choice among others. The only one I can think of who would bring more to the table is Aigis.
  2. Claude Wallace. Valkyria Chronicles ticks all the boxes for a playable character and it's a good idea to put in someone from a more fresh game. I nominated Selvaria Bles before but Claude would arguably represent the combat better.
  3. Leanne. Shameless self-vote.

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
For playable characters, I'd say adding Joker from Persona 5, Ai-Ai from Super Monkey Ball, Billy Hatcher from the Giant Egg, Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue, Beat from Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS from Nights, and Bayonetta.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, voting is closed. Let's look at the results:

Phantom R: 12 points
Nahobino: 0 points
Leanne: 11 points
Joker: 16 points
Ash: 12 points
Claude: 3 points

And with that, we have a winner: our newest character is none other than Joker!

And so, we move on to our next job:

Job #55: Submit a moveset for Joker

Obviously, we now begin to cover Joker and the content that comes with him. Even if he's already in Smash, the things he does in that are far from the full extent of his potential, so this should be interesting. So uh yeah, moveset time, I guess!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
job 55

Joker would basically have the same moveset he does in smash, With some changes

The Arsene/Persona meter is still a thing and functions the same

Basic Attacks:

His Forward tilt now works like how Bayonetta's F-tilt, it combos into each other and the animation is the 3 hit combo from Strikers

Forward Air is like His Forward tilt so it can combo into each hit and it suspends him in air, the animation is also from Strikers

Side Smash is now called Cleave and the attack is Arsene appearing (Regardless of how much meter you have) and performing an underhanded claw swipe

Up Smash is now called Dream Needle, Arsene Appears and shoots a barrage of needles upwards, it has a 20% chance to make the enemy hit fall asleep

Special Attacks
His neutral is still Gun but if you do this input :GCD::GCDL::GCL: + :GCB: Joker will perform Down Shot, it is a single powerful shot, but it has a long cooldown, and consumes your persona gauge

Side Special is Eiha/Eigaon, Functions the same as how it does in smash

Down Special when Meter isn't full is called Tetrakarn/Makarakarn, When the Meter is full it Becomes "Showtime", This is a counter when activated Joker jumps up and creates a massive Death Explosion, This can only be used once, but the meter doesn't run out and the ability becomes Tetrakarn/Makarakarn again.

Up Special is Still the Grappling hook and at full meter it is still Wings Of Rebellion

His All-star Move is still All-out attack, only Crow, Violet, Sophie and Wolf are added

Aesthetics

Appearance

He would be in his Phantom Thief attire as a default, he would have his school uniform as a costume, The colors for his Phantom Thief outfit would reference Other Party members while the School Uniform colors reference his other casual outfits
1. PT
2. SU
3. PT where the clothes are red and jokers hair is blonde
4. SU where the top is white
5. PT where the clothes are white, mask is red and hair is brown
6. SI that is piml amd greem
7. PT that is white with red hair
8. SU that is Navy

Entrance Animation: Same as smash but now there is a voice line from Oracle or Mona (The voice line that plays adapts to the battle conditions)

Up Taunt: Same as in Smash

Side Taunt: Same as in Smash

Down Taunt: Joker spins around and holds his hand out like in the artwork for Persona 5 Dancing Star Night, While morgana appears and has his shocked face from Royal

The Victory theme and animation gimmick are the same as in smash, only Crow, Violet, Sophie and Wolf voice lines are added

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #55 - Joker Moveset

Overview: Joker is a very agile and speedy character. His attacks usually don’t deal a lot of damage, rather he’s able to quickly accumulate damage and wear down his opponent throughout the match. He has plenty of projectile attacks that allow him to keep his distance as well as normals that can easily be comboed into each other. His major drawback is that he can’t really take damage well. His defenses are on the lower end, making him more susceptible to strong attacks and getting chipped down by zoners or other rushdown characters. As long as players know how to play around that weakness, Joker is a force to be reckoned with in the right hands.

Notable normals: If you’ve played Smash, Joker’s normals are mostly the same. He has a lot of knife slashes and a sliding kick for his down tilt. There are a few major changes I would like to highlight here, though. The first is that Joker’s grappling hook is now his grab. When used, Joker will shoot towards his enemies and grab onto them. He can also use the grappling hook as a tether recovery. His pummels are the same, but his back throw now involves him jumping on his opponent’s back and kicking them backwards, in reference to when he ambushes enemies in Persona 5. All of his Smash attacks now involve Arsene. His forward Smash has Arsene. His F-Smash has Arsene slash forward with his claws and his Up Smash has Arsene punch upwards. Speaking of Arsene, let’s get into the specials.

Down Special: Persona Summon - I’m gonna start with the Down Special because I think it’s necessary in order for Joker’s moveset to make sense. Unlike in Smash where Arsene is automatically summoned once Joker’s meter is full, Arsene can be summoned and called back at will, similar to how stands can be called upon in Heritage for the Future. He gives Joker access to a completely different set of specials that can be considered more powerful than what he has without Arsene. The only drawback is that Arsene now has a limited SP meter that dictates how much he can be used. Arsene starts each match with 50 SP, and all of his specials use up a varying amount of SP. If Arsene doesn’t have enough SP to use an attack, he won’t be able to use it. When Arsene isn’t active, he gradually restores SP throughout the match, so it’s a good idea to call back Arsene when he’s starting to run low. This forces Joker players to have to think carefully about when to best use Arsene and manage his SP wisely.

Neutral Special (No Arsene): Gun - Of course, we can’t just forget about Joker’s iconic neutral special. When used, Joker takes out his gun and starts shooting. This attack can be spammed by mashing the special button. It doesn’t deal much damage or do any knockback, but it comes out quick and is an easy way to rack up damage fast.

Neutral Special (With Arsene): Eiha/Eiga/Eigaon - Arsene will charge up a projectile of cursed energy that gets more powerful the more it’s charged. When uncharged, the attack is Eiha, a small, weak projectile that costs 4 SP. When charged halfway, it becomes Eiga, a larger, decently strong projectile that costs 8 SP. When charged up all the way, the attack becomes Eigaon, the strongest of the projectiles that consumes 12 SP.

Side Special (No Arsene): Throwing Knife - Joker throws a dagger forward that reaches halfway across the screen. This attack comes out fast and causes hitstun.

Side Special (With Arsene): Dream Needle - Arsene throws a needle that reaches halfway across the screen. It functions similarly to the throwing knife, but has more starting lag and has a low chance to put the opponent to sleep, making it less spammable but potentially more rewarding if the sleep lands. This attack costs 10 SP

Up Special (No Arsene): Goho-M - Joker shrouds himself in a cloud of smoke and teleports to wherever the player inputs. Its recovery is quite mediocre, but it does a small bit of damage if it lands on an opponent.

Up Special (With Arsene): Wings of Rebellion - Using Arsene’s wings, Joker soars up to the skies. While this move deals no damage, it goes quite a bit higher up than Joker’s usual recovery and gives Joker invincibility while active. This move costs 6 SP

All-Star Move: All-Out Attack - This one was too good not to bring over! When used, Joker will run forward and slash his opponent. Afterwards, three of his teammates, either Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana or Yusuke, Makoto, and Haru, will join in for an All-Out Attack and beat the opponent down. If the attack doesn’t KO, the battle continues as normal afterwards. However, if the All-Out Attack does KO the opponent, Joker will strike a pose behind his opponent which transitions into a splash screen. This splash screen will also take the place of the usual result screen if it ends a match.

Aesthetics:

Entrance:
Joker drops from the sky and adjusts his glove after landing

Taunts:
Taunt 1: Joker adjusts his glove and says “It’s Showtime!”
Taunt 2: Morgana appears and says “Looking cool, Joker!” as Joker twirls his knife.
Taunt 3: Joker points his gun forward and menacingly says “Begone.”

Victory Theme: Victory (Persona 5)

Victory Animations: Styled after the victory screen in Persona 5, Joker will continuously run to the left as the results appear, with the other Phantom Thieves making a comment on Joker’s victory. If Joker ends a match with his All-Star Move, the victory screen will be replaced with the splash screen.

Alts:
  • Alt 1: Normal outfit
  • Alt 2: Blonde hair with yellow gloves and grey mask (Ryuji)
  • Alt 3: Red outfit and mask with blonde hair (Ann)
  • Alt 4: Dark blue outfit with blue gloves and hair (Yusuke)
  • Alt 5: Black outfit with silver mask and brown hair (Makoto)
  • Alt 6: Black outfit with orange hair (Futaba)
  • Alt 7: White outfit with black mask, blue gloves and auburn hair (Haru)
  • Alt 8: White outfit with red mask and brown hair (Akechi)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And voting is closed: OrpheusTelos' moveset wins!

Onto the next job:

Job #56: Submit a Persona stage

And of course Joker is coming with his own stage, and the Persona games do have a pretty big amount of locations to choose from. You know how stage submissions work by now, aaand I'm looking forward to see what you guys pull out!

Regarding the stages themselves, I'll say what I said about Sakura Wars: considering the character we're including, it's probably best to focus on stages from P5 or the series as a whole, but I won't stop you if you submit a stage from another game.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #56: The Velvet Room

B8272F3A-D0BD-446B-81EE-FE83AA734E98.png

The Velvet Room is the single most recurring location in the Persona series. It is a place that exists between dream and reality, mind and matter. Although the Velvet Room takes on a different form from game to game, it is always hosted by Igor and one of his many assistants. The main goal of the Velvet Room is to help out the protagonists in their journeys, mainly in the form of summoning and fusing Personas for them. Being the one central location that shows up in every game, I can’t think of a better stage to represent the series as a whole than the Velvet Room.

To fit with the malleable nature of the Velvet Room, the stage will change shape over the course of the match and take the players through every incarnation of the Velvet Room throughout the series. Each version of the Velvet Room will feature a different layout and cameos from Igor’s various assistants.

OG Velvet Room (Persona 1 & 2) - The stage starts in the original Velvet Room, which is just a simple room with velvet carpets and curtains covering the background. In the background is the Velvet Room’s ever-present host, Igor, sitting at his desk. By his side are Belladonna, Nameless, and the Demon Painter. This part of the stage is very simple, just being a flat room with not much going on in the way of gimmicks. Also if Aria of the Soul is playing, Belladonna will be shown performing the song.

The Elevator (Persona 3) - The Velvet Room then takes the form of an ascending elevator. Igor is now accompanied by Elizabeth and Theodore. The stage becomes more vertical in layout and features various platforms. Because of the elevators constant ascension, the players won’t be able to jump as high in this part of the stage.

The Limousine (Persona 4) - After the elevator, the Velvet Room takes the shape of a constantly moving limousine. Margaret and Marie now join Igor in the background. The stage returns to a more horizontal layout, but now features a ceiling which makes it easy to bounce opponents off of.

The Prison (Persona 5) - Finally, there’s the prison. Igor is now joined by Caroline and Justine, who are in charge of the two guillotines at the sides of the stage. They will periodically drop the blades of the guillotine, and if someone gets caught in it, it’s going to really hurt.

Music:
  1. Aria of the Soul (REMIX)
  2. Mid-Boss Theme - Persona 1 (PSX Version)
  3. A Lone Prayer - Persona 1 (PSP Version)
  4. Pandora - Persona 1 (PSP Version)
  5. Maya’s Theme - Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  6. Knights Of the Holy Lance - Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  7. Change Your Way - Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
  8. Mass Destruction - Persona 3
  9. The Battle for Everyone’s Soul - Persona 3
  10. Wiping All Out - Persona 3 Portable
  11. Reach Out to the Truth - Persona 4
  12. I’ll Face Myself - Persona 4
  13. Time to Make History - Persona 4 Golden
  14. Last Surprise - Persona 5
  15. Rivers in the Desert - Persona 5
  16. Take Over - Persona 5 Royal

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 56

Mementos

Mementos would be an entirely flat stage with tall walls on the side that can be broken, but not jumped over. The Platform you are standing on is a Train Platform, one that resembles the Platform in the menu screen for Persona 5 base

Much like the menu you are standing in front of the train tracks, Behind the Tracks is a Large crack in the wall that shows off the Mementos map. There are also a lot of red highlights and colors everywhere, on the train, the mementos map. the Train times board. Those change to a different color depending on what song is being played
Red for Persona 5
Yellow for Persona 4
Blue for Persona 3
Orange for Persona 2
Purple for Revelations: Persona
One more detail is there is a TV that is on static in the background

Whenever the Train Passes by 3 Members of the Phantom Thieves appear, when it passes by again 3 different members appear, Something changes in the background according to which member appears

Note: Potential Spoilers for Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Strikers ahead!
SkullVolleyballs appear on the ground
MonaVelvet Room doors will appear more often
PantherA Vague Mirage of Shujin Academy appears in front of the Mementos map
FoxSayuri is hung up on the wall of the Station
QueenThe Money Particle from the palace you obtain her in falls in front of the Mementos map
OracleThe Particle that appears throughout the Palace you obtain her in appears on the stage
NoirThe Big Bang Challenge Burger appears on one of the Seats
CrowA Vague Mirage of FINAL BOSS SPOILER Shido's Palace appears in front of the mementos map
VioletBlue Tentacles appear all over the background
SophieSophie's Face appears on the TV Screen in addition to her being on the stage
WolfA Vague Mirage of PERSONA 5 STRIKER SPOILER Akane's Palace appears in front of the mementos map

There is one more gimmick, On the main platform a Door to the velvet room will open, Revealing a random attendant who will then leave an item in front of the door and then leaves.

The Attendant changes depending on which theme for Mementos you have

Persona 5Caroline and Justine or Lavenza
Persona 4Margaret or Marie
Persona 3Elizabeth or Theodore
Persona 2Belladonna or Demon Painter
Revelations PersonaNameless

The Aforementioned TV will display random images depending on which theme

Persona 5Random dungeons and the Loading Screen animation
Persona 4The TV loading screen animation and Teddie
Persona 3Tartarus
Persona 2Joker
Revelations PersonaNyx

A few more small details
-A Blue Butterfly will rarely fly across the stage
-Running and walking produces the pink particles
-A Random Arcana card will fly across the Mementos map

Song List:

Last Surprise
Take Over
Rivers In The Desert
Life Will Change
Throw Away Your Mask
You Are Stronger
Counter Strike
Axe To Grind
Reach Out To the Truth (Persona 4)
Time To Make History (Persona 4)
Mass Destruction (Persona 3)
Burn my Dread (Persona 3)
Unbreakable Tie (Persona 2)
Knight's Of The Holy Lance (Persona 2)
Aria Of The Soul (Persona)
A Lone Prayer (Persona)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Song List:

Last Surprise
Take Over
Wake Up Get Up Get Out there
Colors Flying High
Rivers In The Desert
Life WIll Change
Keeper Of Lust
I Believe
Throw Away Your Mask
You Are Stronger
Daredevil
Counter Strike
What You Wish For
Axe To Grind
Reach Out To the Truth (Persona 4)
I'll Face Myself (Persona 4)
Time To Make History (Persona 4)
Mass Destruction (Persona 3)
Wiping All Out (Persona 3)
Burn my Dread (Persona 3)
Unbreakable Tie (Persona 2)
Maya's Theme (Persona 2)
Knight's Of The Holy Lance (Persona 2)
Aria Of The Soul (Persona)
A Lone Prayer (Persona)
Dream Of Butterfly (Persona)
bro please remember the 16-track limit

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, I think I'll try my hand at finally submitting some Capsule Toys of my own. I usually like to sit back and see what other people come up with, but I don't think it'll hurt to just throw out a few of my own picks:

• Arsia
    • First Appearance: Napple Tale: Arsia in Daydream (October 19th, 2000)
    • Series: Napple Tale
    • System Debut: Dreamcast
So Napple Tale is a pretty cool little obscure part of SEGA history. A 2.5D platformer for the Dreamcast that's most notable for its unique aesthetic and the fact that its music was done by Yoko Kanno - yes, that Yoko Kanno -, the game follows a girl named Arsia that has to collect six "petals" while going through levels themed around the four seasons. It's not a game SEGA acknowledge suuuuuuuuper often, and although I've never gotten to play it myself, I really like the vibe. Pretty unique game.

• Torel
    • First Appearance: The Ocean Hunter (September 1998)
    • Series: The Ocean Hunter
    • System Debut: Arcade
Thinking about it, SEGA have no shortage of big rail shooter IP. There's Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Cop, House of the Dead, Space Harrier if you wanna count that, even stuff like Rez and Gunblade NY I'd hesitate to call outright obscure. But then...there's The Ocean Hunter, by far the least well-known of all these. Developed for the Model 3 arcade board, the game's set in a steampunk world where underwater civilizations are a thing - however, a group of sea monsters known as the Seven Great Monsters have begun to put these civilizations in danger, to the point of having bounties issued on them. In come Torel and Chris, two young underwater adventurers that set out to defeat the Seven Great Monsters. The game had a cabinet with two light guns set up, so a second player could join in at any time. I went with Torel cause they're the Player 1 character and I like their swirly hair. Just like Napple Tale, this game also has a pretty standout aesthetic

And here's the least obscure of these three Capsule Toys: the titular quartet from Quartet! A classic 80s SEGA arcade game for the System 16 board, it's a multiplayer run-and-gun where 4 people can play at once. The game's story revolves around a group of 4 warriors who have been sent to clear the space colony Zero-6 from the space pirates that have taken over and retrieve the late Princess Cynthia's casket. We've had Mary submitted as an assist before, but I went with the whole gang here due to how integral the concept of the 4-character group is to the game. The game's kept being referenced by SEGA to this day - with its music making appearances in a pretty impressive amount of both albums and other games, and Mary appearing as a scoreboard girl in the Switch series of SEGA AGES ports, among other things - so I do believe that if a SEGA-themed Smash clone happened, the game would have a pretty good chance of sneaking in there in some way.

By the way, we should definitely have some Quartet music in this project at some point. All 4 main tracks are bangers

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #56: Casino of Envy

1629119962454.png

1629120502763.png

The Casino of Envy is an important part of Persona 5, a spectacular setpiece that also serves as the opening of the game as well as a moment where something major happens in the story. It is one of the most memorable dungeons in the game not only because of how bombastic it is as an opening level but also for how it absolutely measures up in excitement when the player finally revisits it after getting back to the part in the story we see at the start in the game and figuring out how we got there in the first place.

I'm approaching this with the mentality that we will very likely have another Persona character in (I know who I'd pick, but I digress) so I see this as generally a Persona 5-themed stage and the same goes with the tracklist - mostly. The flashing lights of the signs and the glitz and glamour of it all really nail the style that Persona 5 has in my eyes, especially with crowds of people swarming underneath where the fights take place - the rafters, the balconies, and the large chandelier in the center. After all, you're Phantom Thieves. You can't just walk in through the front door.

Aesthetically I also see, as shown in one of the images above, that it would feature the fantastic comic-style chattering and sound effects that appear in Persona 5. The UI is important to P5 and the art style is a big part of why it works so well so I would expect to see it incorporated into the stage. Perhaps during a KO the crowd below can react to the strange disturbance above their heads. There's also plenty of opportunity for the other Phantom Thieves to dart around in the background and maybe even react to the goings-on.

The cool thing about this stage is that not only does it fairly represent Persona 5 by giving us a stage that is themed around an important story level that also appears early in the game, it also works well as a platform fighter level because of how the stage takes place high above the casino lobby. I mean, if I were knocked from a chandelier and onto a hard carpet floor or onto a slot machine I'm pretty sure I'd lose a life, too.

Song List
The Whims of Fate
Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
Last Surprise
Life Will Change
Will Power
Blooming Villain
Price (Another Version)
Sweatshop
Ark
Rivers in the Desert
Aria of the Soul
Aria of the Soul (New Remix)
Colors Flying High (Persona 5 Royal)
Take Over (Persona 5 Royal)
You Are Stronger (Persona 5 Strikers)
Invitation to Freedom (Persona Q2)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And now, voting is finished: our Persona stage (assuming we don't end up adding another one) will be the Casino of Envy!

Now here's our last Persona job for now:

Job #57: Submit a Persona assist

There is zero reason Persona wouldn't have an assist, to be honest. We have a bunch of games to pull from, with several near-completely different casts of characters featured throughout. So....yeah of course it's getting an assist.

However, it is worth pointing out that we're in a bit of a weird situation. As you're all probably aware of, the general MegaTen umbrella's franchises tend to share a lot of the same mooks between each other. For the record, we are counting Persona and SMT separately, so....how's that gonna work?

Well, we do already have Mothman as a VMU RPG mook, and I counted him as coming from SMT, so just for consistency, the big MegaTen demons will on principle be counted as part of SMT. Basically what I'm getting at here is: keep it Persona-specific. Either characters from Persona games, or demons/Personas that debuted in a Persona game

Also important to point out once again is that whichever character wins will be disconfirmed. Keep that in mind.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Truth be told, I was gonna submit Futaba again as an assist, but I figured it would be a bit redundant to submit her again so soon even if it was for a different role. Plus, now would be the perfect time to give other games in the franchise some love. With that said, a navigator would still be perfect for an assist role, so let’s talk about Persona’s other super popular navigator.

Job #57: Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)

C9DCCAED-BD0C-485B-A8A1-618F3D7D2C13.png

Rise is the Investigation Team’s navigator in Persona 4. She’s also a famous pop idol going by the stage name Risette. She joins the Investigation Team after being rescued from the Midnight Channel and proving herself useful with her Persona, Himiko, being able to scout out enemy weaknesses and navigate through the TV World. Although Rise plays more of a support role in Persona 4’s main story, she gains the ability to utilize Himiko in battle in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

When summoned, Rise will hit one of the opponents with her microphone and use Himiko to trap them between two speakers. She will then preform a short bit of one of three songs: Pursuing My True Self, Shadow World, or True Story, to damage the trapped fighter. After part of the song is over, Himiko will zap the opponent out of their trap. This idea was lifted from one of Rise’s supers in Ultimax, so if you want an idea of how it’d work, here’s a video of her performing this move. The only differences would be removing the rhythm minigame and making the song bits a little shorter.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #57: Morgana (Persona 5)

1629222688634.png

None other than Persona 5's mascot and Joker's partner who never leaves his side, Morgana himself!

Mona is a mysterious being who doesn't know anything about his past but has extensive knowledge about Metaverse that he makes good use of to help Phantom Thieves in their heists. While Morgana shoulders the navigator duty for the early portion of the story, he can also fight with curved swords and slingshots. His Persona is Zorro, a Magician arcana Persona who specializes in Wind and Healing skills.

When summoned, Morgana will summon Zorro himself. Zorro casts Lucky Punch and sends a green boxing glove forward with his sword. This projectile is extremely fast and trips opponents on contact but deals very little damage. Morgana will stick around while Zorro is attacking, looking around for any items and bringing them to his ally before disappearing.

If Morgana hits an opponent with Lucky Punch twice, the third time he's summoned, he'll instead use his Awakened Persona: Mercurius. It will use Miracle Punch, a golden boxing glove that deals extremely high knockback that can KO at low percent on stages with no boundaries. It will also put them into a dizzy state instead of merely tripping them. Morgana will then reward his summoner with a strong item before vanishing.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
With Jack Frost being SMT and my preferred second Persona rep being Aigis I think I want to do something a little different....

Job #57: Tanaka's Amazing Commodities

1629225726013.png

President Tanaka and his amazing commodities are here to assist in battle! You never know what great stuff you're going to find on this hit TV program!

Tanaka first appeared in Persona 3 on his television program and also as the Devil arcana social link, one that is for my money one of the best in the game through sheer atmosphere and writing alone. He proved to be so popular that his TV show returned in Persona 4, he hosted the shop system in Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and was even in Persona 5 if you accessed the deep web!

All the while he is accompanied by his incredibly catchy theme tune.

So, as an assist, Tanaka would do what he does best - provide you shady items at a price. You can get a one-of-a-kind item that will help you in battle, but there's always the chance that it'll end up being a dud. The way I see it working is they'll basically be souped up versions of regular items but there's no way to control which one you get and sometimes you might just get a regular item. It's a gamble, but also I just think it'd be funny if he turned the stage into his own Home Shopping Network as his song plays and you could fight over an item.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Velvet Room

A Recurring location with an iconic cast of characters

This assist once summoned will cause a Door to the velvet room to appear, An attendant will step out of the door with the open door giving a visual of Igor sitting in a chair. Igor will snap his fingers and a PNG of a Persona will appear above the door, It will cast 3 spells and then disappear. After the persona disappears, the Attendant leaves an item on the ground, and the door closes and disappears.

List Of Attendants, The Attendant would be a 3D model but entirely cosmetic
Nameless
Belladonna
Demon Painter
Elizabeth
Theodore
Margaret
Marie
Caroline & Justine
Lavenza

List Of Spells
-Maragi: Every Player except the summoner takes fire damage and burns
-Mabufu: Every Player freezes
-Magaru: Every player is launched upwards and takes damage
-Mazio: Every player is shocked with lightning
-Flash Bomb: Every player takes damage and has a 50% Chance to stun them
-Dia: The Summoner is healed
-Dormina: All enemies fall asleep

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's been a hot second since I've done these so here's a couple of capsule toys:

• Nagamimi
    • First Appearance: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (October 15, 2015)
    • Series: 7th Dragon
    • System Debut: Nintendo 3DS
7th Dragon is a series of Etrian Odyssey-Expy games. While only one of them was localized, it's a pretty neat series where you have complete control over how your party looks, sounds and fights. Notable for Yuzo Koshiro's OST and Shirow Miwa's designs. I could've gone with one of the classes, but Nagamimi is one of the funniest characters in the game and one of your navigators. Also, I enjoy the similarities they have with Prof. Asobin, where they're both rabbit mascots but one of them is polite while Nagamimi swears like a sailor.

• Kate Green
    • First Appearance: The House of the Dead 4 (December 30, 2005)
    • Series: The House of the Dead
    • System Debut: Arcade
That's a biased pick for me. I always picked her when playing as THotD. She's the first female protagonist in the series who was playable for more than one game and while her Scarlet Dawn design is also good, I have a soft spot for her aggressively 2000s outfit. Kate is an AMS agent who just got assigned to her job but quickly gets a hang of obliterating zombies and keeps a positive attitude about it on top of it.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Flyboy

Smash Hero
1. Rise (I know that in my head this is a mostly-P5 themed pack but I can't help but want Rise in just in case, plus the assist idea is super fun)
2. Tanaka (Shameless self-vote, I know)

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Rise Kujikawa
2. Morgana (it's funny how no one submitted Futaba/Oracle pre-vote)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Assist voting is over!

Here are the results:

Rise: 11 points
Morgana: 7 points
Tanaka: 4 points
Velvet Room: 2 points

Rise Kujikawa will be our Persona assist! It's nice to get some variety considering how P5-centric everything else we've added has been.

So that should do it for Persona content for now. The decade votes have finally come to a close, but we still have a couple more jobs left before our next character - the first one of them being...

Job #58: Submit an item

That's right, our next item submission round!

It's been a while since we last did this, so I think it's time we did another round. Again, since items don't have as much requirements for representation besides a few basic things we've already covered, item-related jobs will be an "anything goes" sorta deal. So that means you can submit literally anything for this job. As I said last time - any series, any function.

Should everything go right, I'll be including the top 2 picks

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Job #59: Fishing Rod (Sega Bass Fishing)

C955D039-3139-45DC-AFBA-7EC486F02A73.jpeg

I’m pretty sure I don’t need to explain what a fishing rod is to y'all, but I will give a quick rundown of Sega Bass Fishing. Sega Bass Fishing is one of the more popular and well-known sports titles on the Sega Dreamcast and is one of the best-selling games on that console period. It’s one of only 17 titles to get an All-Stars release for the Dreamcast and was one of the handful of lucky Dreamcast titles to get ported to (at the time) modern consoles in 2011.

When a player grabs a fishing rod, they’re able to throw out the line and hook any opponent that gets caught in it. The player can then reel in the enemy and throw them in any direction the player inputs.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Are we allowed to submit items from series that are only licensed by SEGA and not created like Warhammer? I assume we can't I just want to double check

anyways

Job 59

Tarot Cards (Persona 4)

This will appear floating slightly above the ground anyone can pick them up and picking one up summons a random persona that performs a single powerful ability.

Potential Abilities

Agi - A Blast of Fire is sent forwards
Agilao - A Strong Cone of Fire is sent forwards
Zio - A Bolt of lighting strikes an opponent
Mazio - A bolt of lightning strikes each opponent
Garu - Some wind damages an opponent and sends them upwards
Magarula - Several Powerful Gusts of wind appear.
Bufu - A random opponent is frozen
Mabufudyne - Every opponent is damaged and frozen
Hama - A random opponent has a 25% chance of instantly being KO'd
Eiha - A small blast of dark damage is sent forwards
Megido - A ball of Almighty damage falls onto the stage
Dia -The User is healed
Mediarama - The User and their teammates are fully restored
Tarukaja - The User's damage is increased
Tarunda - An opponents damage is lowered.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #59: Sword of Darkness (Shining series)

1629391292729.png

Sword of Darkness is a weapon in the SEGA's long running RPG series Shining that appears in a few titles under different names and effects. Basically, it's an offensive equipment that gives the user great attack strength but limits their attacking options, making it a "high risk, high reward" weapon.

In this game, it's use has been changed but the core principle stays the same. Sword of Darkness appear as a long, two handed sword that burns with an omnious, purple flame. When held, it works as a potent battering item. Charging it will result in a lengthy swing followed by an extremely strong fiery blast that can KO multiple opponents easily. The catch? When charging it, the sword sets its user stamina as 1! Meaning you can KOed just as easily. Use it whenever you want to clutch a win.

Top Bottom