• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 23

After Burner

The Stage would entirely take place on top of the plane, and visually the whole stage would be pixelated.

The Plane will fly over the ocean and some other locations from the franchise

The whole stage the Plane would be tilting, ducking and weaving throughout the whole screen, shooting missiles and getting shot at, The missiles getting shot at the plane can damage you, Some other planes may join next to the main one that you can use as extra platforms for a limited time.

After Burner
Maximum Power
Red Out
Super Stripe
After Burner Climax
The Lure Of The Sky
Vertical Hot Air
Sleepless Sanctuary

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
When I go to the arcade, I usually play The House of the Dead and Super Monkey Ball but I'd rather have that series get playable characters so I'm going with something a little different.

Job #23: Distorted Shrine (Virtual On: Cyber Troopers)

1621663733026.png

Virtua-On is a 1996 shooting/fighting game hybrid featuring mechas (Virtuaroids, as they're called) as playable characters. The setting is a dystopian future in which Earth is controlled by corporate syndicates aka 2021 where people fight with a sentient computer using giant robots. The series didn't continue for long but was quite successful during its time thanks to its Gundam-like character designs and highly unique control scheme in which mechas are actually controlled like industrial machinery.

The stage would show a fairly large one with a ceiling and walls. Occasionally, pitfalls would appear on the ground as the floor rotated around the center. In the background, players can see several Virtuaroids such as Temjin, Fei-Yen, Dorkas, and Viper as they fight with each other. After a while, the giant robot in the background would open its legs and start walking back and forth, shooting energy bolts at the robots and players which can deal quite a bit of damage. When it stops, players can damage its crystal core and help it to be taken out faster while gaining items for their trouble.

Track List:
  1. Get Ready (In the Blue Sky)
  2. She's Lost Control (S.L.C.)
  3. Everything Merges with the Night
  4. Higher Ground
  5. Ruins
  6. Alice in the Wonderland
  7. Conquista Ciela (vocal) by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi!
  8. Love14
  9. Crystal Doom
  10. Monstrous Beat
  11. Triplet Repeat
  12. Into the Crimson
  13. Encoded Final
  14. Light of the Moon
  15. Devil's Mountain from Border Break
  16. Buggie Running Beeps 01 from Rez

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 23: Three-Seven Speedway

A recurring track within the Daytona USA series, and the home stage of Hornet from Fighting Vipers. While this unfortunately would mean that Hornet would be ruled out as a playable character if this stage got in (which would be such a huge loss - look at it go!)...

...it would mean that we'd get music from the Daytona USA games such as The King of Speed and Let's Go Away in the game. The stage could be set in a view of the track similar to the screenshot (though maybe from a different angle, so that the cars are going towards the screen and you can see them coming), where you can stand in the grass (which is safe, but close to the edge of the stage), the track (which is far from either edge, but there's the risk of getting hit by the racers), or the stands (which would be close to the other edge of the stage, and it would be difficult for some characters to fight on). The stage would be a walk-off stage, if that's an option.

Besides, even if Hornet isn't playable, there could be a reference to it, like every couple of laps, that particular car gets up on its back wheels and starts running down the track.

(I assume I'm allowed to nominate something like this, even though I haven't participated in the thread before; let me know if that's not the case)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, submissions are closed.

Before we begin though, it's worth noting that there was a certain situation that happened here with one of the submissions. I won't go into too many details, but the staff have already taken care of it and I've talked with the person involved to make sure it doesn't happen again. In the meantime, someone else has submitted the same location anyway, so we'll just proceed as normal.

Here are your candidates:

OutRun ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
OutRun Bay ( tonygameman tonygameman )
Space Harrier ( YoshiandToad YoshiandToad )
After Burner ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
Distorted Shrine ( osby osby )
Three-Seven Speedway ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )

Now then, I'd usually tell you to go vote on the newest poll...but actually, enough submissions have come in that we can do ranked voting again! So you know how it works: vote for your top 3, and you can only vote for your own submission in third place.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Space Harrier
2. OutRun Bay (I know Daytona is commercially more successful and like it, but this right there is influentially more popular)
3. After Burner

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Too many good (and moving) stages this time.

1. OutRun Bay. I think this one is a pretty iconic location and would be a fun stage.
  2. Three-Seven Speedway. Mostly voted for the music but I also really liked the layout described.
  3. Space Harrier. Self-explanatory. Also, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad , is this stage only features Lucasia or do other zones also make an apparence?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Space Harrier. Self-explanatory. Also, YoshiandToad YoshiandToad , is this stage only features Lucasia or do other zones also make an apparence?
I was thinking it should include Moot, Geezer, Ida and Lucasia at the very least.
I think I just used Lucasia because I'm a sucker for those cycloptic wooly mammoths in all honesty.

I was thinking I'd like it to cycle through different regions each time you play rather than changing during the battle. Think like Minecraft World's stage or the Animal Crossing track in Mario Kart 8 rather than changing during a single battle.

As for my own votes:
1. Outrun Bay
2. Afterburner
3. Distorted Shrine

Edit: I forgot to include the Space Harrier II stages! It would include the final stage from Space Harrier II in which Harrier faces off with Dark Harrier, Stuna Area, Copper Hill and Yees Land.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And voting is closed!

Here are the results:

OutRun: 1 point
OutRun Bay: 17 points
Space Harrier: 12 points
After Burner: 5 points
Distorted Shrine: 1 point
Three-Seven Speedway: 6 points

OutRun Bay will be our next stage and our first one from the "Other" category!

Now then - we're almost at our next character prompt. In a relatively short amount of time, we're finally expanding on our roster, including new characters, new worlds, new playstyles and whatnot. We'll start dipping into modes, we'll start going crazier with some of the things we've already toyed with. But before that, here's one final job. And what better thing to finish this intitial period of the game off than a final showdown with a boss?

Job #24: Submit a boss for one of our starter series

That's right, we're dipping into bosses for the first time. And I don't mean a VMU RPG boss - I mean a boss boss. As said, we'll be nominating bosses from our starter series, which means the series on the table are:

-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Virtua Fighter
-Alex Kidd
-Yakuza

Should everything go right, I'll be including the top 2 from different series so that we don't walk outta here with just a Sonic boss or whatever. On the topic of Sonic bosses, if you decide to submit one of the iconic mechs from the series, it won't deconfirm Eggman so long as it's not, like, explicitly being piloted by him.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 24: Perfect Chaos

It's a massive monster with a clear weak point, and the way that Sonic Generations expanded on that boss fight would make it much easier to give it a stage that characters could fight on. (the original fight in Sonic Adventure has some platforms, but they're fairly small)

It could fight by firing lasers from its back, a laser beam from its mouth, slamming its watery tendrils into the stage, or creating tornadoes - each of these attacks would hit different parts of the stage. There would be plenty of platforms, either stationary or moving, to make it so anyone can hit Perfect Chaos's brain.

Plus, it would mean that Open Your Heart would be included as background music!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 24

Ryuji Goda

You might be saying "This is a normal sized dude" and you are right. This fight he would appear slightly larger, and jump height would be reduced for the players. The whole fight would take place in a construction zone.

In this form he would walk around slowly and taunts the players, He has powerful kicks and uses the Katana he has to attack the players as well, He can also roll around to get behind players to then attack them as well

At Half-health he drops the katana and takes out the Minigum arm from Yakuza: Dead Souls

In this form he will still use his powerful kicks, he will now incorporate punches and slams with the minigun as well. Of course he will also try to shoot the players as well

Once most of his health is gone he drops the minigun arm and takes his shirt off and just fight hand to hand, With powerful punches and kicks.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Normally, I think platform fighters should have physically big bosses but I think if we're making any exceptions, it has to be this:

Job #24: Dural (Virtua Fighter)

1622052596257.png

Dural is a cyborg who appears as the final boss of the arcade mode in all Virtua Fighter games. She's essentially is the main antagonist of the cast. As she's not an actual person and a mass-produced series of artificial fighters, her fighting style consists of borrowed moves of the other characters.

Dural would fight the player in a flat area surrounded by lava as shown in the video above. Similar to the Metal Mario boss fight in Smash, she's an extremely heavy character with high stamina and armor on her moves and has the size of an above-average but slender fighter. She's resistant to status effects but can be grabbed. Just like in Virtua Fighter, her stance, model and moves are derived from humanoid fighters of the roster.

Even if her reach is average, Dural can move deceptively fast, has effective anti-air attacks, and is able to perform unique combos that can quickly deplete a life bar if the player is not careful. Depending on her damage, she changes between two stances: slow and strong Massive Mode on high health and fast, fragile Rapid Mode on low health.

Her boss theme is Stone Arena (Dural)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh man. I really blew it by picking Alex Kidd's most famous boss, Janken the Great, as the assist trophy, huh?

That said, as we already have excellent submission options for the other three series, I'll stick with Alex Kidd for variety.

Job 24: Ashra (Alex Kidd)

Ashra by Primeop.png

(Custom sprite from PrimeOp over on ScrollBoss)
Ashra.png

The new ruler of Planet Paperock, the planet Janken the Great hails from, after Alex Kidd subsequently defeats the invading Janken and puts a permenant end to him in Miracle World.

Ashra is the main antagonist of Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle and is believed by Alex to be the man behind his father, King Sander(or Thor in this game)'s disappearance.

Ashra is rather large. Whilst no where near Perfect Chaos' size I'd say he'd tower over our current fighters with ease.
Whilst it's hard to accurately guess his size thanks to the small sprite style of Alex Kidd titles, his size in the games is comparable to Janken's size in the original games, so working backwards I'd imagine he'd be about this size:

Janken-Assist-Trophy.png

As for what Ashra can actually do:

Ashra is capable of regrowing his limbs, which is very useful since one of his main attacks is a long range rocket punch, where his arm shoots off his body to attack you. With six arms at his disposal, all of which move rapidly around his body to defend himself.

Whilst he doesn't perform such moves in Enchanted Castle due to the games very simplistic nature, the fact he has six arms is bound to give him lots of creative holds, grabs and throws.

Lastly he is known as the greatest Janken player on a planet of Janken players, meaning he's just as proficient in Rock Paper Scissors style fighting as Alex Kidd himself(albeit without the Shellcore martial arts that allow him to grow his limbs to insane sizes). He should also be able to use all three styles of punching, palm strikes and fingers stabs simultaneously thanks to his additional limbs allowing for some devastating attacks.

Warning, this spoils the very ending of Enchanted Castle...and it's...not a great ending. Watch only up until 0:55 if you want to see JUST the boss fight with Ashra.

Theme music: Sky Castle Remix

---------------

Note:
I considered using Ziggurat from the Lost Stars, as he's easily one of the more evil antagonists who once stole the star constellations forcing Alex(and Stella although she never meets him in the arcade version) to collect the Miracle Balls to restore them...however Ziggurat unfortunately isn't a boss Alex technically fights(he just needs to pass him) and his final showdown encounter of just shooting smaller versions of himself at Alex is far far far less memorable than either Janken or Ashra IMO.

Also Ziggurat looks like this:

Ziggurat.png

I figured Ashra would be a more enjoyable(and creative) option with his detachable limbs and six arms to fight than what is essentially just a big fireball with a vampire's face.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
You just said it now.
  1. Omote (The Revenge of Shinobi, 1989)
  2. Dralinforce (Fantasy Zone; 1986. Plaleaf's enemy generator/base which attacks by summoning weaker enemies like Ulala in PxZ2)
  3. Orblet (Ristar; 1995 - considering that Lil' Devil is removed, I had to change this)
For Toy Capsule submissions (thinking that it would be a free-time thing like VMU RPG mooks), I guess it'll go something like this for a pamphlet based on what I read on Yoshi's post. I only made this as a example for my view.
  • Ferrari Testarossa
    • Series: OutRun
    • First Appearance: OutRun (September 20th, 1986; for sorting via release date)
    • System Debut: Arcade

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Oh, so uh

Since someone's done it

**** it. Toy Capsule submissions are open. Whatever capsule you submit won't deconfirm that character from the playable roster, but I'd still recommend keeping it to characters (or I guess general entities) you don't see making it in anyway. Any character that becomes playable, an assist or a boss is automatically added. Also, just like VMU RPG mooks, there's a limit of 3 per post

Boss submissions are closing tomorrow btw

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Adding a few myself to the VMU RPG:

Vortex Drones (Ecco the Dolphin - 1992)
Daruman (Alex Kidd/Pit Pot/Teddy Boy Blues - 1986/1985/1985 respectively)
Egg Pawn (Sonic Heroes - 2003)

To try and be a little helpful, I've compiled all the VMU RPG enemies thus far into a list.

Listed series and enemies in alphabetical order:

7th Dragon:
Wyvern (7th Dragon 2020 - 2011)

Alex Kidd:
Daruman (Alex Kidd/Pit Pot/Teddy Boy Blues - 1986/1985)
Kaicho (Alex Kidd in Miracle World - 1986)

Bayonetta:
Affinity (Bayonetta - 2009)

Billy Hatcher:
Dora (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg - 2003)

ChuChu Rocket:
Kapu Kapu (ChuChu Rocket - 1999)

Ecco the Dolphin:
Vortex Drones (Ecco the Dolphin - 1992)

Fantasy Zone:
Dralinforce (Fantasy Zone -1986)

Golden Axe:
Chicken Leg (Altered Beast/Golden Axe - 1988/1989)
Zuburoka (Golden Axe - 1989)

House of the Dead:
Samson/Type C-1 (The House of the Dead - 1996)

NiGHTS:
Kircles (NiGHTS into Dreams - 1996)

Phantasy Star:
Wing Eye (Phantasy Star - 1987

Shinobi:
Omote (The Revenge of Shinobi - 1989)

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Egg Pawn (Sonic Heroes - 2003)
Motobug (Sonic the Hedgehog - 1991)
Spinner (Sonic Adventure - 1998)

Space Harrier:
Dom (Space Harrier - 1985)
Ida (Space Harrier - 1985)

Streets of Rage:
Signal (Streets of Rage - 1991)
Sugar (Streets of Rage 4 - 2020)

ToeJam & Earl:
Lil' Devil (ToeJam & Earl - 1991)

Valkyria Chronicles:
Imperial Shocktrooper (Valkyria Chronicles - 2008)

And since we're now doing this:

Fighters:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Series: Sonic the Hedgehog
    • First Appearance: Sonic the Hedgehog (July 26th 1991)
    • System Debut: Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
  • Akira Yuki
    • Series: Virtua Fighter
    • First Appearance: Virtua Fighter (October 1993)
  • Alex Kidd
    • Series: Alex Kidd
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in Miracle World (November 1st 1986)
    • System Debut: Sega Master System
  • Kazuma Kiryu
    • Series: Yakuza
    • First Appearance: Yakuza (December 8th 2005)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 2
Assists:
  • Rouge the Bat
    • First Appearance: Sonic Adventure 2 (June 23rd 2001)
    • System Debut: Dreamcast
  • Big the Cat
    • First Appearance: Sonic Adventure (December 23rd 1998)
    • System Debut: Dreamcast
  • Lau Chan
    • Series: Virtua Fighter
    • First Appearance: Virtua Fighter (October 1993)
  • Janken the Great
    • Series: Alex Kidd
    • First Appearance: Alex Kidd in Miracle World (November 1st 1986)
    • System Debut: Sega Master System
  • Goro Majima
    • Series: Yakuza
    • First Appearance: Yakuza (December 8th 2005)
    • System Debut: PlayStation 2
Bosses:

Coming soon!

Others:
  • Ferrari Testarossa (this bloghas some good arcade-based custom models)
    • Series: OutRun
    • First Appearance: OutRun (September 1986; for sorting via release date)
  • Phantom R
    • Series: Rhythm Thief
    • First Appearance: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (January 19th, 2012)
    • System Debut: Nintendo 3DS
  • Ramaya(who actually did appear as an action figure alongside Sarah Bryant, Ulala and Arle in the Sega Gals)
    • Series: Arabian Fight
    • First Appearance: Arabian Fight (January 1992)

I'll periodically try and update this when I can so we have all the info handy.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
OK, I'll try my hand at capsule toys to see how this goes.
  • Phantom R
    • Series: Rhythm Thief
    • First Appearance: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (January 19th, 2012)
    • System Debut: Nintendo 3DS
Added!

Throwing an obscure one into the ring myself now for capsule toys
  • Ramaya (who actually did appear as an action figure alongside Sarah Bryant, Ulala and Arle in the Sega Gals)
    • Series: Arabian Fight
    • First Appearance: Arabian Fight (January 1992)

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Hey y'all, I thought it'd be fun if I occasionally just came in and dropped fun little bits of SEGA history, I dunno, just cool things to discuss and to learn more about the company

Today I'd like to talk a bit about the music of SEGA, more specifically, their albums. SEGA have been one of the best VG companies at celebrating their music through albums throughout the years, ever since their first known album, SEGA Game Music, all the way back in '86. And there's a lot to dive into when discussing these - of particular note is the S.S.T. Band, which I'll definitely cover another time - but today I'd like to spotlight the Segacon duology of albums from 2001.

The two albums have 3 discs each, which totals out to a huge amount of SEGA tracks - I think combining all the discs, it's a little over 100 tracks -, and due to both that and the year they released in, I've kinda come to see these two albums as a sort of a big-ass swansong to this era of SEGA. I'd recommend listening to them, they've got a really solid collection of tracks, with plenty of both classics and deep cuts. There's some pretty weird omissions (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, House of the Dead, Shining, any of the classic 2D Sanics) and the second volume has a lot of vocal tracks, which can potentially get a bit tiring after a while, but otherwise, these two albums are a really fun musical journey through the history of SEGA before they went third-party.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw, with the Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown news, I was thinking about changing Akira's aesthetics part a bit.

Not sure if I'll change his default look (I personally prefer it to his white gi) but I thought maybe he can have his polygonal look like a set of alternate palette swaps, similar to Little Mac in Smash 4. What do you guys think?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Btw, with the Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown news, I was thinking about changing Akira's aesthetics part a bit.

Not sure if I'll change his default look (I personally prefer it to his white gi) but I thought maybe he can have his polygonal look like a set of alternate palette swaps, similar to Little Mac in Smash 4. What do you guys think?
I'm planning on doing submission rounds for, like, "special" alternate costumes you can buy in-game, and blocky Akira would be a pretty good fit for that

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Dural (had to put her first to not copy)
2. Perfect Chaos

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, I'm ending this one a bit earlier than usual since it's pretty much unanimous at this point: Perfect Chaos and Dural will be our first two bosses!

By the way, I also made a neat lil' thingy detailing all the series we've managed to cram in this project by now, categorizing them by their most prominent piece of content so far:

Series mainly repped by characters: Sonic, Virtua Fighter, Alex Kidd, Yakuza

Series mainly repped by stages: OutRun

Series mainly repped by VMU RPG mooks so far: 7th Dragon, Bayonetta, Billy Hatcher, ChuChu Rocket, Ecco the Dolphin, Fantasy Zone, Golden Axe, House of the Dead, NiGHTS, Phantasy Star, Shinobi, Space Harrier, Streets of Rage, ToeJam and Earl, Valkyria Chronicles

Series mainly repped by music so far: Pit Pot, Teddy Boy Blues

Series mainly repped by Capsule Toys so far: Rhythm Thief, Arabian Fight

I'm expecting plenty of the series with VMU RPG mooks to move up in status as this project goes on.

Now then, with all that out of the way...it's finally time. We are finally doing another character prompt. It's been a long time, we spent a lot of time discussing our starter 4 and anything that came inbetween, but it's finally time to inject some new blood into this roster. We've had the same 4 people for too long. Let's finally expand on it. And after all this time, our next character prompt will be, drumroll please.....

Honestly? When I was first mapping out the relative near future of this project, I was planning on having the next prompt after the starters be second reps for Sonic and VF. It's right there in the second post ever on this thread. Buuuut we have spent a lot of time mainly discussing the same 4 series for a while now, so I feel like it'd do us some good to have a bit of a palette cleanser before we already get to double dips. Let's explore some more series, ya know? So I've decided to hold off on that prompt, it'll be the one after this one. As for what this one is: you know something I noticed we're missing so far?

Job #25: Submit a female SEGA character

When looking at what's missing from our starter 4 for things we should tackle in future jobs, you know what I noticed about our current roster? It's all dudes. And considering SEGA have an excellent library of female characters to pick from, that ain't very cash money. So **** it - for our long-awaited next character prompt, we're celebrating the women of SEGA! Couple things to keep in mind:

-This is something that'll apply to a lot of jobs going forward: to keep things as varied as possible, you can only submit characters from series that haven't been included on the playable roster yet. Which means the likes of Amy Rose and Sarah Bryant are off the table.

-'Member what I said last time about needing a strong start and whatnot? Well...we got our strong start now. So while I still wouldn't recommend going outrageously obscure just yet, do keep in mind that the pressure of kicking the project off isn't quite there as much anymore.

Should everything go right, I'll be including the top 2, bumping our amount of confirmed characters up to 6.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
As for me, I'll be resubmitting one of my picks from last time
The jokey title is prolly going away as soon as we decide on the game's name

Which isn't that far ahead. After this prompt is done with, we'll do a vote on the KO system and some form of other gameplay shake-up, and after that is when we decide on the title.

I lied, the jokey title is going away NOW

Anyway, might as well throw in my own submissions:

Classic Character: Alis Landale from Phantasy Star
View attachment 311028
Aight, so like, Phantasy Star is a classic series. It's been around since the 80s, the old straightforward RPG part of the series consists of some of the best-remembered first-party Master System and Mega Drive titles, and the other side of the franchise - Phantasy Star Online - is successful as **** and is still going strong, in fact!

And Alis is the protagonist of the very first game, and I'd honestly call her a very strong contender for the most iconic character in the series - for all intents and purposes, she's more or less the Marth of Phantasy Star. And on a somewhat related note, I'd say she'd also be a pretty good fit for the "basic swordsman" archetype of this game, with some magic thrown in there as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 25: Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

Since I assume most of us play Smash Bros., I feel like most of you are aware of who Bayonetta is even if you haven't played her games. A witch who hunts angels, Bayonetta takes seemingly everything about the Devil May Cry games up to eleven, resulting in her series consisting some of the best action games out there. The Smash Bros. games only scratch the surface of what she's capable of, though for simplicity's sake, it's probably best if she sticks with her basic moves. (her attacks using the four pistols - two in her hands and two attached to her heels)

The Bayonetta franchise might be something of a cult classic, but for me, Bayonetta 2 was one of the main reasons to buy a Wii U, and it must have done well enough considering that Bayonetta 3 is on the way as a Switch exclusive. (eventually - it's been three and a half years, and all we have to go on is a teaser, though hopefully this E3 will change that)

Bayonetta is stylish, ridiculously over-the-top, and a ton of fun to play as. I feel like any of the Sega characters that are in Smash should probably be here as well, but while a case could probably be made for a few Persona characters aside from Joker (the Persona 3 protagonist, Yu Narukami, Jack Frost, one of the Velvet Room attendants...), Bayonetta seems like the best option to represent the games that Platinum Games made while working for Sega. (no disrespect to Jack from MadWorld/Anarchy Reigns or Sam from Vanquish)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 25

Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)

Sakura is a major character from the franchise and the face of the series. she is a kindhearted and clumsy swordswoman who also Pilots a mech. She has been shown to fight in and outside of the mech.

Sakura Wars is a larger multimedia franchise with Videogames, Albums, Anime and Stageshows that continues to this day with new games and shows.

She would use her stylish Sword strikes and could even use her mech for some unique gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom