• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh yeah I forgot that ZSS debuted in Zero Mission... and I'm tought that Mother 3 was on DS... well I was wrong

N3ON N3ON I know I'm getting ahead of myself for this, but if (and when) Isaac is revealed, what will you rename the thread to be?

"The Golden Sun rises! Isaac confirmed for Smash!"

"The Golden Sun has risen! Isaac joins the party!"

Or something around those lines?
Project Golden Sunrise completed! Isaac Lends his hand!

Lighthouses cleared, Golden Sun Rise again! Isaac got his chance!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Off topic here: I see about 30 of you lurkers/guests here. Don't be shy! Get on in the fun! You won't get sunburnt...maybe.... (Heh)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The Golden Sun Shines Again. Isaac Confirmed for Smash.

That's my pick for the thread name IF it happens.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I’m having a hard time keeping my excitement down after seeing how many other people want Isaac in smash. It’s like there are two voices in my head, one saying “This is it! Get excited!” And one saying “Calm down, don’t get your hopes up” and I don’t know what one to listen to lol

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Frankly I'm still shocked Gamexplain made a video about it. Even though current popularity doesn't actually matter that much compared to that of 2015, I really hope it continues to make the rounds. Can't hurt. Someone's gonna hafta take ol K. Rool's Krown. ;)
well they simply see "A chance to speak about the yet to appear AT... I will use this to speak about shadow/Skull Kid, but Isaac is a cool dude too!" (just Kidding one of the Gamexplain guys really Like Isaac)

"Isaac lets out a howl! Confirmation!"
THAT IS PEEEERFECTION
Everyone. Congratulations. We have reached 100 pages.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES any other "yet to be confirmed" have this many pages?

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
100 pages everyone! Ever since this Rathalos stuff started we've been the center of attention of Smash speculation for the first time, and it feels amazing, even if it will make the haters and controversy more vocal. This is the most optimistic I've ever been, let's hope for the best next direct!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Honestly, I’m having a hard time keeping my excitement down after seeing how many other people want Isaac in smash. It’s like there are two voices in my head, one saying “This is it! Get excited!” And one saying “Calm down, don’t get your hopes up” and I don’t know what one to listen to lol
hear the first, I alredy shut up the second in my head XD

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
At this point, this kind of news and attention is exactly what we all could have ever dreamed of for this character. All we can do right now is wait until further confirmation, but let's continue to show our support at a steady pace.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
100 pages everyone! Ever since this Rathalos stuff started we've been the center of attention of Smash speculation for the first time, and it feels amazing, even if it will make the haters and controversy more vocal. This is the most optimistic I've ever been, let's hope for the best next direct!
Is it? Sorry I have been away from the boards for over five years (WAY TOO LONG)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Lol, was not expecting you to show this xD
Hahaha, I should've guessed that was someone from the boards. I liked your take on the screenshot. :grin:

Speaking of GBA music, while not the most iconic in the franchise, I quite liked Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire's soundtrack. It remains pretty memorable to me:

Also, congrats everyone on 100 pages! :roll:

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES any other "yet to be confirmed" have this many pages?
I think Geno, and Bandana-dee come close. But only a thousand replies behind.

Guys, i think we should remember that our reasons have about as much going against us as it does going for us, so i can understand why some people have a different opinion.

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Listening to all this music just reminds of some old fan remixes that have been deleted. One specifically that I loved was a slowed down orchestral version of Felix's battle theme called "he will be our guarantee" I wish I knew where to find them since they aren't on YouTube anymore.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Listening to all this music just reminds of some old fan remixes that have been deleted. One specifically that I loved was a slowed down orchestral version of Felix's battle theme called "he will be our guarantee" I wish I knew where to find them since they aren't on YouTube anymore.
Damn. They would be amazing right now. Shame Youtube doesn't allow Uploaders the option to let people download them. But I guess that would only be abused for illegal activities. Ah well *shrugs*

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Finally made it to the big 100. Hopefully Isaac will be playable before we get to 200. Let's keep the community's attention on Isaac again, that's really all we can do.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I didn't realize that Golden Sun Remastered music had such a large community, even going into youtube. Some user named 0rangaStang has 146 songs remastered in a playlist alone. Coupled with the few dozen rock versions and piano/guitar remakes, it's quite a bustling market. I could get lost for days inside this new discovery, seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baj44F06k4E&list=PLBD3FB7C5BE643E05&index=4

Just listen to this Jupiter Lighthouse remake, it's absolutely ethereal and haunting. I think I've made a decision to replay the games once again because I'm falling in love all over again.
Nice remix! Deep and ominus sounding. I quite liked the ambient songs from some of Golden Sun's dungeons.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Hahaha, I should've guessed that was someone from the boards. I liked your take on the screenshot. :grin:

Speaking of GBA music, while not the most iconic in the franchise, I quite liked Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire's soundtrack. It remains pretty memorable to me:

Believe it or not, I was on Twitter before the boards and until I started supporting our boi. I wasn't doing too much xD

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

3rd gen is my second fav. <3 i can't believe i forgot to mention it!
Damn. They would be amazing right now. Shame Youtube doesn't allow Uploaders the option to let people download them. But I guess that would only be abused for illegal activities. Ah well *shrugs*
There is websites for that type of stuff, y'know.

Last edited:

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure they were on SoundCloud as well, but since the music was deleted by the creator on YouTube I doubt it's there. Now if only I remembered the name of the YouTuber...

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Can you guys imagine if/when a music track from Golden Sun is revealed in the Smash site? I'd love to hear a new remix of a GS track.

I have to take my leave for today adepts, but I'll leave you with a nice GS Medley that came up in my YouTube feed recently:

This guy has a ton of GS music in his channel. Enjoy!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
3rd gen is my second fav. <3 i can't believe i forgot to mention it!

There is websites for that type of stuff, y'know.
Yeh I know but I don't use them myself. I don't even do Emulation. If I want the game or music that bad I'd buy the game/soundtrack

*Looks at 500+ Ninty game collection*

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm going to sleep, but let me end by sayig that the reddit post is now at 4.1K upvotes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/96ofya/sakurai/

We can handle any haters. The important thing to remember is that whether Isaac is playable or not has nothing to do with them. (and also that Smash fans are notoriously bad at predicting characters, so what do they know?)

Arguably Ridley and Geno fans have had a far rougher time in the community. I remember a time when Geno fans weren't taken seriously, at all.
Personally, i think detractors is a more appropriate term. As haters sounds too juvenile.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We can handle any haters. The important thing to remember is that whether Isaac is playable or not has nothing to do with them. (and also that Smash fans are notoriously bad at predicting characters, so what do they know?)

Arguably Ridley and Geno fans have had a far rougher time in the community. I remember a time when Geno fans weren't taken seriously, at all.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
What we know so far about Sakurai post:

From Miguelito87, Gamefaqs:

Honestly, I think the evidence is insurmountable.

• The camera angle is exactly the same as that of a Camelot RPG, more specifically Golden Sun. No other screenshot that I’ve seen is arranged like this (He's talking about Monster Hunter Box Art I think).

• Golden Sun also has an arena, similar to Colosseum, where you fight dragons and other monsters, which is where this screenshot was taken.

• The order in which your party is arranged is based on when they join your party, and in this screenshot, the characters are in order by when they appeared in Smash, Link, then Marth, then Shulk.

• Also, based on the arrangement, we can deduce that Link is meant to be Isaac, since neither talk in their games, Marth is Garret since Garret controls fire and Marth is from FIRE Emblem, and Ivan and Shulk both can read minds and have weapons that enemies want. In this case, Ivan has a Shaman’s Rod.

• Of all the screenshots to post, Sakurai would post this one. He knows how smart the fans are. Anyone can read between the lines and figure out what he’s talking about. Sakurai doesn’t typical troll just to disappoint. He usually has meaning behind everything he does relating to Smash. You’re just asking for trouble by tweeting out an image hinting at Golden Sun and not following through by adding the main protagonist of the series.

If you want to make some bets now is the time, because it trully seems to all come together!

Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76895709?page=40

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So... when is the next direct? I think it will be it, Isaac will get confirmed or deconfirmed in the next direct

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ayy 100 pages y’all! Let’s hope now people stop calling Isaac a niche character.

(Who am I kidding of course they won’t)

Klimax

Smash Ace
Congratulations for the 100 pages guys ! Let's hope that the screenshot is a direct reference to Golden Sun and that the golden boy is coming soon !

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ok so y'all saw the Reddit post, I was about to post it.

Idk Sakurai is loving dropping hints right now, so I'm pretty hyped. Between this and the chairs I think some of my favorite characters got a real chance.

Top Bottom