• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let me tell you something about our Green G

PolMex23

Smash Champion
He can only be beaten by DDD and Metaknight...

I have just came to a conclusion that in a year, if we keep it up, perfect some things here an there...

Luigi will be high tier and winning tourneys or placing consistently top 5-10 in large tourneys (60+)

Disagree an ill give you proof...try me please.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What top level Snakes, G&Ws, Falcos, Marths, and ROBs will you cite?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi has totally winnable matchups against ROB, Snake, and Falco. They aren't bad AT ALL. ROB I would actually say is 60:40 Luigi's favor, and the other two roughly even. Now Marth and GW do give him problems, but nothing like D3 and MK.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ROB however has camping and pretty easy gimps on Luigi. And range. Besides, ROB has combos too.

Snake might be pretty easy to combo, but you have to watch out for grenades. He gets the same "combo" job done by just F-tilting out of shield 3 times.

Falco I'd say is Luigi's best matchup out of the ones I mentioned since he can't really laser camp and because you can COMBO him easily due to his low weight and high fall speed. And because his edgeguarding sucks.

Also, I suggest PolMex go to the Olimar forums and give M2K and Atomsk a word.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Nah, ROB is better than Luigi.

ROB can camp when he's away from you. Luigi needs to work over and over again to get back in someone's range when he's pushed away due to his low *** traction. ROB is also better at edgeguarding and recovering, and he has combos too with his F-air and projectile setups. His D-smash is also BS coming out ridiculously fast and having almost no ending lag.

ROB also does a lot better versus MK because he has techniques that **** the Nado and his D-tilt is too good vs MK's.

Luigi only has one thing ROB doesn't, and that's excess KO power, but all the moves he can use to KO have garbage range. ROB rarely KOs, but the moves that he can use to KO when the opportunity arises do have very good range, and he has superior edgeguarding to compensate, and should I also point out ROB has great grab range and throws that get you off stage 99% of the time?

chic

Smash Ace
i have tourny this saturday against highly skilled players who use MK and DDDs (current hardest match up for me). ive been practicing a lot so ill come up with a response to ur statement later

ill will say this tho... snake, rob, gw are overrated match ups for luigi
marth is an underlooked one

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah, I agree, if they banned the SHOULD BE BANNED infinites in tourneys, the one that DDD gives Luigi, DDD would be pretty easy. Meta Knight is the only really hard matchup in truth.

BearJaw

Smash Cadet
I don't think D3 is that difficult of a matchup. I rarely have problems with him. I find him easy to combo actually. It's ROB and Meta that provide the most aggravation for me. ROB's camping game is my Luigi killer. Plus his moves are too powerful, same applies for Meta.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
RoB is better...that don't mean ****.

Marth is better , that dont mean **** either.

Top level players...

Afro, Chops, HRNUT(SNAKE)
Tommy G, Redhalerd(FALCO)
xYz, Bane, Raef, NoJ(G&W)
HRNUT, Chaz(Marth)
JT, Chickn(RoB)

Olimar is garbage against Luigi.

Ima put up some vids soon....

Top Bottom