• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legit Toon Link Rankings =3 (List UP !!)

Cringe_IF

Smash Rookie
I'm saying that I don't have anything up that represents my skill right now, though I am confident in my abilities. I'm saying that, from what I've seen in numerous videos, my skill is comparable to those considered among the best of TL mains. I am saying that soon I will be placing high in tournaments of both small and large scale, once I overcome my few remaining obstacles. And because of that, I am saying that I believe that I will be able to make that list if there is a revision in the upcoming months.

I've learned a lot from watching the videos and reading the posts of everyone that will be on that list. Melito and Lobos are the only two I've personally seen play IRL, and I gleaned quite a bit from watching those matches and playing doubles with Lobos. Because of those that made the list, I have evolved my game much further beyond what I would have been able to do on my own. And now I believe that I have finally reached their level, and can compete with the players with whom they compete.
Everyone knows what you're saying, just wait untill you can prove it before saying it. They're saying that you'll likely realize the difference from watching said videos compared to experiencing them first hand whether you win them or not, and don't get me wrong: I do hope you win them.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
holy ****, at what point was i talking ****? I said that I believe I have the same technical skill as, but lack the experience of, people on that list. and that in the future when I get more experience and play more with better people that I think I could make it on the list. A person's evaluation of his own skill is not a personal attack in any way, and I apologize if it's been misconstrued as such. I basically said "look for me in the future." I'm not trying to prove anything

Cringe_IF

Smash Rookie
holy ****, at what point was i talking ****? I said that I believe I have the same technical skill as, but lack the experience of, people on that list. and that in the future when I get more experience and play more with better people that I think I could make it on the list. A person's evaluation of his own skill is not a personal attack in any way, and I apologize if it's been misconstrued as such. I basically said "look for me in the future." I'm not trying to prove anything
You seem to be the only one feeling personally attacked here, and you shouldn't. I didn't think you were talking **** at all, so calm down. I'm pretty sure TLM was trying to support you more than anything. You aren't being attacked.

Of course you're trying to prove something. Everyone is, at least to themselves. You wanna make the list someday, and thats just fine and dandy. Just please stay in the present, where as you have little to show for it compared to them, and that theres no reason to say you can "beat" some of the people that're going to be on the list because you're watching their matches via YouTube, when they've had to work HARD to achieve where they currently are with events that have actually happend. Its disrespectful, even though I doubt they'd feel offended or even care.

Yes, you'll be looked out for, and good luck. Take it one day at a time rather than looking at it 3 months from now, even though I'm sure you don't need to hear that.

Lobos

Smash Master
I hope every toon link main I come across surpasses me at some point so I can pass the torch........I got 7th in singles out like 20 in my first brawl+ tourney lol

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Wells, all I have to say is that, if you didnt make it out of pools. You have a long way to go before you can be on the top TL level. We reguarly make it out of pools.

But keep it up, you could be the best TL soon for all we know.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Your opponent reacts to you. For example you could say "he should've arrow canceled there because the opponent just ran up to him". But, if YOU were playing him, he probably wouldn't have ran up to you. He would've powershield approached because he'd notice your tendency to arrow cancel.

Basically...there's no possible way to compare skill...by watching a video.

It's pretty much bragging rights. There is no way to tell who is better than who in here. No one will ever feel satisfied with the rankings, and others will come out and say that they are better.

Every player has different faults, and different strengths. They play against different characters controlled by different people in different regions. Not only that, but our own play styles are too different to even compare. One Toon Link could be swift and offensive like Arc the Fallen, and another Toon Link can be campy and defensive like Sheikant and myself. You can't really pick who is better by their play style, so it all comes back to who has the better tournament results.

Even then, we have regions to worry about. If you're the best in the Antarctica scene (assuming there is one), that means nothing if you aren't the best in North America, even if the Antarctica scene is really really good. This means that a lot of players get screwed out of being a top ranked character.

So yeah, ending rant. All it will do is make people argue, since there is no real way to define how good you are while being completely fair to everyone else.

Lobos

Smash Master
Nah both of you are wrong, all the top toon links are pretty modest. If anything this is gonna promote us to get better as a whole. Between everyone that is in the top 5 or potentially in the top 10 are pretty laid back.

FYI - Most top tinks have played each other or played with someone that has played with them. :p

If anything this is gonna promote us to get better as a whole.

FYI - Most top tinks have played each other or played with someone that has played with them. :p
Very true.

Although true, that doesn't change anything in terms of ranking. However, I'm at least glad that from what I hear, the discussion is civil.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
List will be up tonight, or tmrw. Or whenever I'm not lazy.

I found a solution to the chip situation. Dont think he'll mind

TheJerm

Smash Champion
TL dittos are dumb. Well, they dont decide who's the better TL or better player. Just who can play the match up better.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Nah theyre not that pointless. The better player will win anyways. But...proyectile wars between the same characters ARE dumb. >_>

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Lolno. Like Jerm said, it just shows whos better at the matchup. It shows neither the better TL nor player.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
smith...$50 mm...get at me

i'd be glad to mm karn too, but he's actually cool so i dont want to be a bother....he can tell you exactly why he won that @.@

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Chip over Jash oooooohhh controversy.

Nah, good list, very accurate.

Now that the obvious 5 have been chosen, 5-10 should be interesting. :)

Cia

das kwl

=/

No Offense to Chip. (because I have lots on respect for YL mains) but Jash is unquestionably the best Toon Link. His tech skill, mindgames / traps, playstyle, and Resume are by far the most impressive when compared to that of TL players. He's beaten highly Ranked players like Fatal, Atomsk, ADHD (TWICE)

i'm sorry, but how did someone get ranked above him?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
That TL was entertaining to watch, I liked his: bomb drops>Uair. Last stock was nice.

But seriously that DDD was crap, it's like the player just picked up D3 that second and did whatever.

Lobos

Smash Master

=/

No Offense to Chip. (because I have lots on respect for YL mains) but Jash is unquestionably the best Toon Link. His tech skill, mindgames / traps, playstyle, and Resume are by far the most impressive when compared to that of TL players. He's beaten highly Ranked players like Fatal, Atomsk, ADHD (TWICE)

i'm sorry, but how did someone get ranked above him?
After everyone voted....both chip and jash did not vote (or vote at all lol) themselves in 1st so it was pretty much even. Chip has beaten high ranked players on the west coast so we don't hear about it as much ( unless you keep up with TL placings). On a national level, Chip has the highest placing between all the tinks (13th at genesis) and Jash/Santi both have like 17th/25th at cot4. Recently Jash has been beasting in NY/NJ but local tourneys can only add so much since Jerm/Santi/Hryo/Quivo/Shiekant/and Chip all usually place high in those.

Either way it was really close (1 vote) and will most likely change again in the winter (December/January.)

Hope this answers your question! :lick:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
lobos pretty much summed it up. Also, it was REALLY hard to decide who to put first, but jash always says he doesnt want to be the best TL "yet" and doesnt feel he deserves the title at the moment. So I decided to go ahead and put chip first. Chip has beaten alot of great players too. But dont worry, after I win pound, i'll be first xD

Edit: Both that TL and DDD was pretty bad =/

Top Bottom