• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LegendaryGames Presents Smash Bros Brawl + Melee July 25!

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
LegendaryGames presents: BIRD! "Brawl in (Warner) Robins Day" Singles+Doubles+Melee (Singles and Doubles) July 25th!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right, you heard correctly! (Ok, well, read correctly) We're having a second Brawl Tournament at Legendary Games in Warner Robins! Not only that, we're also adding Melee! Before you read the info, we're sticking in a few pictures from our previous tournament in the hopes that you will see them and say "Oh wow, that looks so fun, I simply must attend this time!" (and to give time for our mind control device to take effect).

Last time we had 20 singles and 9 teams competing for the pot, and we're hoping to have a lot more entries this time! And don't forget, we'll be doing this EVERY month!

Okay, now that we've taken control of your minds and you will be attending, you may have the info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Brawl
Saturday, July 25
Registration begins at 9AM, Doubles begin at 12PM, Singles begin after Doubles end.

Melee
Saturday July 25
Registration begins at 9AM, Doubles begin at 12PM, Singles begin after Doubles end.

Where:

Legendary Games
1825 Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles (per team member)
$5 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a Wii+Brawl setup or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket

Game Settings

3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF, Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Shared stocks allowed in teams

Matches

Stages:

Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium

All other stages are BANNED.

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for removed L&R springs and cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound and Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (Gamecube/Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

Also, if you need to contact the store, you can reach us at:

LegendaryGames: 478-293-1520 (if you need directions, call this number)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hmm. You're missing the melee ruleset.

I'll probably drop by the store and talk to you about it 2morrow. I mean, 2morrow's tuesday, so I'll be all over that churches 99C 2piece deal.

___

other than that.

WOOOOOO

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Apparently, we forgot the ruleset for the Melee tournament.

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles (per team member)
$5 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a Melee+Gamecube setup or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

General Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket

Items are set to off
The stock is set to 4
The time limit is set 7 min
Sets are best of 3 matches, Finals are best of 5
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they last won on
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match (300%)
The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
Mewtwo soul stunner glitch is banned
Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)

Set Format (in order of procedure)

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Neutral Stage List
Fountain of Dreams (banned in doubles), Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Green Greens, Kongo Jungle 64, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar

Banned Stage List
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Fourside
Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island 64
Brinstar Depths
Flat Zone
Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom II
Peach's Castle

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON
Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

B.Y.O.C. - Bring Your Own Controller!

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other

No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), and cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound, Peach's Peach Bomber, Ice Climber Infinate throw are prohibited for excessively stalling a match. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

Also, if you need to contact the store, you can reach us at:

LegendaryGames: 478-293-1520 (if you need directions, call this number)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yo yay, dogy up here at the card shop.

The way it works; they're trying to start monthlies down here. Right now it has more of an emphasis on brawl because, well; that's what they went with first and got a good response with (for obvious reasons).

With that being said, I helped them pick a weekend with respect to brawl. First weekend was too short notice, 2nd is genesis, 3rd's waba monthly, 4th just happens to be herb.

*shrug* That's life. I might not even go myself if I wind up at herb, but ya know. Doin my part.

O_O

--stuck because well, im tryin here.--

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Will be coming if I can get a ride. Will be bringing a Melee + GC setup.

Name:Trevor Dodd(Yiff)
Region:Duluth, GA
Equipment:GC + Melee.

Now to see how far this place is...

*mapquests Legendary Games*

JESUS ****ING CHRIST THAT IS FAR.

Okay...definitely need a reliable ride.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm going to make an honest effort to go to HERB2, so don't expect anything out of me for this one.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Hey, we understand. But as Dogysamich said, their just wasn't another available weekend cept the 4th and not only was that not enough time, but it's also a national holiday. If you're not going to HERB 2 (which why if you could you wouldn't) then come, if not, they to make Aug tournament. It'll probably be around the 15th as long as their not any conflicting issues. We're here to stay and we just wanna get bigger.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Hey, we understand. But as Dogysamich said, their just wasn't another available weekend cept the 4th and not only was that not enough time, but it's also a national holiday. If you're not going to HERB 2 (which why if you could you wouldn't) then come, if not, they to make Aug tournament. It'll probably be around the 15th as long as their not any conflicting issues. We're here to stay and we just wanna get bigger.
Yeah that's cool. If I don't make it to HERB2, I wouldn't expect I'd make it out to this anyway considering it's two hours away and gas is just annihilating my wallet these days. Unless I was guaranteed money, I probably wouldn't attend.

I know that there's a tournament in South Carolina I was going to try to in August, but the date is still pending.

I would never ask for someone to schedule a tournament around my schedule, though.

lord karn

Smash Master
I don't really understand why this is stickied and HERB2 isn't. I mean, if you want to host it on the same day, that's fine, but HERB2 should definitely be sticked over a small local tourney.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
why is this stickied? >_>
I don't really understand why this is stickied and HERB2 isn't. I mean, if you want to host it on the same day, that's fine, but HERB2 should definitely be sticked over a small local tourney.

Because I did it.

Problems? Take it up with me. Dont bring any bs in here.

I mean really, nobody said anything last month.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Hes just directing any animosity towards him and away from the tournament.
yeah =/
where you at mang? I miss annoying you without really knowing it and you looking like you were going to hit me D: then getting ***** by your ic's while i helplessly tap the a button.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hes just directing any animosity towards him and away from the tournament.
This.

___

It's a d**k move on my part, yeah, but I'm really just trying to help people who need a kickstart. Also works as in "investment" for me since this is in my city. (More important to me, it's in MGA instead of ATL)

HERB2 and anything of the like is going to stay on the front page whether it likes it or not.

Cut it some slack, sheesh. >_>

lord karn

Smash Master
So basically, you're stickying this thread because it's in your region? If you were being unbiased, this really would not be stickied and HERB2 would be. And I'm posting this here because your hurting my region by being biased and I think the people in this thread should not be unfairly swayed to go to this tournament over HERB2. I'm not trying to be mean, this is just silly.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Wait, I said I was unbiased? I dont remember that. I think I specifically said otherwise.

I also dont remember any criteria for stickied threads in region boards anyway, so realistically I could just unstick everything and be done with this.

I mean, instead of trying to cut somebody short, you could just ask for the same thing yourself. Not to mention your region must be real hurt to have mango fly across the nation for a melee tourney.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well you can go thank tom while you ask him for rules over which threads should be stuck.

And come to think of it, i'll thank you two for just keeping this on top of the sticks.

I'll probably be at herb to shake your hands personally, but you dont care about that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
There are no written qualifications or requirements for a tournament thread to be stickied. Most could be tacked up top if someone simply asked a moderator to do it and the mod thought it was legit. Dogy stuck this because he thought it would help the tournament.

If you're not catching my drift, Lord Karn, I'm telling you that if you had simply asked one of us to stick HERB 2, it would have been done. This should be obvious by the fact that HERB 1 got stuck.

This is the only time we will reward you for coming into a thread for ONE tournament and talking about ANOTHER, because we need to give you one chance to understand how you took the long and drama-filled road instead of simply asking for an HERB 2 stick.

If you want something done, do not complain about it, simply ask for it to be done. If you want to rank on me further for sticking your thread, PM me or catch me on AIM or leave me a wall message.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Sorry about cutting you out. And I'm sorry that our tournament is causing so much drama. We're just a local store trying to offer some of the players some place to game. If any of you had ever been in the store, and met us, you'd wanna do everything you can to help us out too. Legendary Games is just that awesome! But we're here for the players, and we're not goin no place.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I dont think what Dogy is doing is a **** move at all. I mean he is obviously trying to help the community grow while you morons are shooting him down. Hes trying to make the Atl South community LARGER not more elitist. Sheesh cut that ni66a some slack >_>

BEHR

Smash Hero
Dogy im sorry they did that too you.

Thats not a bro move Particularly Stingers and Karn. :<

I guess NC is use to the MODS hating us.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Eh, as pissy as I appear about it, it's no problem.

In the end, everybody got what they wanted. They got herb stuck and there was more discussion in here (whether it be good or bad).

Im not gunna lie, im a little upset over it (a very little), but I'm not losing sleep over it.

Just dont worry about it. It's nothin major, sweep it under the rug.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im still sorry bro.

I wanted HERB to be stickied but not by arguing. ):

Ill remember next time when I need something sticky.

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Hey, just reminding everyone that if you happen not to be going to HERB 2, Legendary Games will still be hosting it's tournament. For those who are attending HERB 2, good luck and hopefully we will see you at the next tournament on the 8th of August!

Rayku

Smash Lord
I look way too cool for school in that first pic.

Is anyone notable coming to the next one? I'd like to attend if at all possible, but it's the same day as HERB2, which is another tournament I'd really look forward to going to.

Decisions, decisions...

Top Bottom