• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LegendaryGames presents: BIRD! "Brawl in (Warner) Robins Day" Singles+Doubles June6th

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Yes! A tournament in Warner Robins, GA!

When:
Saturday, June 6th
Registration begins at 9AM, Doubles begin at 12PM, Singles begin after Doubles end.

Where:
Legendary Games
1825 Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093

Entry fee and pot split:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles(per team member)
$5 venue fee

NOTE: Bringing a Wii+Brawl setup or a TV will exempt you of the venue fee.

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

NOTE: 1st place is guaranteed at least $150. If attendance will not be enough to make 1st $150 then the store will add a pot bonus for first to make it $150.

Rules

Teams Format: Double Elimination
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Singles Format: Round Robin Pools (depends on size) to seed a Double Elimination Bracket
Matches best 2 of 3; finals best 3 of 5

Game Settings:
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF, Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Shared stocks allowed in teams

Matches

Stages:
Neutral Stages: These will be on random. Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks available: Delfino Plaza, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Pictochat, Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium

All other stages are BANNED.

B.Y.O.C.: Bring your own Controller.

NOTE: The store can provide gamecube controllers as a backup.

Other:
No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Stage elimination: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the legal stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

Other Rules & Special Issues
Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for removed L&R springs and cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound and Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable for this tournament (Gamecube/Wii Remote/Nunchuck/Classic), just make sure people around you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

Pre-Reg List:

Will_
Zom~B
Rayku
BBQ
Rust

To preregister, just post your name, region and any equipment you're bringing. Preregistering helps us separate people in the brackets so you don't fight your friends in the same pool/first round of brackets.

Also, if you need to contact me or the store, you can reach us at:

Will_: 256-468-4595

LegendaryGames: 478-293-1520 (if you need directions, call this number)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Why will you not be playing brawl?
I dont play brawl.

I might slide in a friendly or two just to try dumb stuff, but I'm not paying money to enter a tourney for Brawl.

__

oh, and what are the hours for this place?

Is it open now? I drove by last week and it looked like a work-in-progress (i understand that it's kinda bare right now, but it looked like NOTHING was happening in there when I looked). I'm curious cause I wanna swing by sometime and see what goes down. I've been trying to get together some SC4 gatherings for a while (although the interest is basically dead :|)

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
We're open. We are open from 12 pm to 10 pm Mon. - Thurs, and from 12 pm to 12 am Fri - Sun. Depending on when you come, we're pretty slow during the day on weekdays. We do all our buisness on Sat and Sun. U are always welcome to come play, but as far as Soul Caliber 4 tournaments go I outsorce my tournaments to the Competitive Gaming Association in Warner Robins. But they hold Soul Caliber 4 tournaments for us so you are more than welcome to come to one of those as well. Just come in and talk to us. But we're hoping to have a huge turnout for the Brawl tournament. And if you're not gonna play in the tournament, you don't hafta worry about paying the venue fee. We only charge to come in the door when we're having a tournament.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I wasnt specifically talking about holding a SC4 tourney, especially not with the current condition of the game (I mean East Point is dropping SC4 after nationals. That says something about GA).

But there've been a few of us that have been like "we outta get together and play", and havent for one reason or another.

__

But yeah, Ill try to swing by sometime. Hell, if you're open till 10 I might go by tonight. I've got nothing better to do atm.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
I'm really looking forward to this tournament hopefully bringing new interest in the game outside of the Atlanta area. That'd be great.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Well if Zom~B and Rayku are going then I guess I'll tag along. Put me on the pre-reg list please :)

Edit:
Also, if I go, I can bring a Wii + Brawl setup.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah, SC4 blows. and yeah, i might go to this to see DogSandwich, but i'm sure as hell not driving by myself...
Oh that's aight, i'll see if I cant download Sirlin Mix for you.

BUT!! Lemme say this before you commit to coming just for me.

I probably WONT be showing up to this anymore, I dont know. It depends on when i get back from e3 yayhuzz.

Yeah, like, unless something major happens, I should be going to e3 this year, and we're set to come back sometime on friday. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
updated the first post with preregs and phone numbers for all the ladies.

I'm expecting around 15 locals to come.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Major typo, the tournament is actually on June 6th, which is a Saturday. The 7th would have been a Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So come to find out, I'll be getting in from LA at like, 2 in the morning. I'll probably drag my *** out of bed dead tired and show up a lil later just to see what's up.

__

Marty if you wanna come down and hop on some stuff lemme know. I'd actually like to get in some games of GGAC, dunno what else. >.> Some people tryin to talk me into SFA2. Just lemme know so I can train up a lil bit this week to forget it all next week. XD

__

Edit: Ok, I am going to biasedly stick this just because the place is kool and I want to see how much a stick helps.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Will, I love you forever. finally something got set up. This DOES deserve a sticky considering our Smash is pretty screwed.

Oh yeah, pre reg:

Kevin Long
Tag: Liquid Gen/Lquid
Warner Robins
No set up, at least not at the moment

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
This DOES deserve a sticky considering our Smash is pretty screwed.
You guys do it to yourselves.

___

Will, you play anything other than ggac?

I know they have SC4 up there (on 360 :( ), and they have SF4 up there (on ps3 :) ), I could also bring the SFA Anthology (I've really only gotten into 2...AND POCKET FIGHTER YAYHUZZ), SF Collection (I fux with Super Turbo and 3s), CvS2, and that's about it that I have.

I have a bunch of other non-fighting games. Just lemme know. I'm gunna be mad rust since i'll be JUST IN FROM E3 YAYHUZZ! (God I love rubbing that in people's faces).

Oh, I talked to Reflex, said he couldnt come cause his grandparents were coming into town, but he was going to talk to Kismet about coming. Are you going through columbus?

__

Umby, I talked to rayku and he said he was still lookin to come down. See if he'll give you a ride.

bigman40

Smash Master
What's the attendance looking like for this? I wanna make sure it's enough people to where I'm not wasting money driving there.

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
You guys are lucky, you get to see one of the biggest Brawl scrubs ever at this tournament <3

Need more people to actually say they're coming, though :(

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
MEOW MIX

Come to this D=

Had some car troubles trying to get to March Gigs, haven't had any money since lol

LegendaryGames

Smash Cadet
Hey Everyone. It's almost zero hour. I know a lot of people are apprehensive about our tounament. I just want to remind everyone, that first place is GUARENTEED $150. We have 23 people pre-registered for this tournament. And lots of locals who are interested. Also understand, this is not a random tournament. We are a GAMING STORE that just opened in the area and their will be a tournament EVERY MONTH. So even if you can't get to this one, maybe we'll see you next month. But Legendary Games isn't going anywhere. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the store (478-293-1520). And also, anyone needed a ride between Marietta, Ga and Warner Robins, Ga, e-mail the store at legendaryinc01@yahoo.com because their will be a van going with a limited (fist come first serve) amount of seats. Hope to see you all there. It's going to be Legend... wait for it

Dary.

Top Bottom