• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Can someone actually list all the non-melee L4D2 weapons?

EDIT:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9EtBIIxtE0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9EtBIIxtE0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Can someone actually list all the non-melee L4D2 weapons?
SMG
Silenced SMG (weaker, yet holds more standby ammo (and probably faster reload))
Shotgun
Chrome shotgun
Hunting rifle

M16
SCAR (3 round burst. 60 rounds (more like 20), longer empty clip reload)
AK-47 (less accurate/more powerful)
Combat shotgun (SPAS-12)
Tactical shotgun (Auto shotgun)
Sniper rifle (G3, Better moving accuracy (still poor though), stronger, larger clip, slower reload)
grenade launcher

Pipe bomb
Molotov
Bile bomb (Attracts infected to targets, probably extremely useful towards tanks)

Defibrillator (Revives dead teammates to 50)

Adrenaline (speed boost, 25+ HP, tunnel vision, less affected by melee fatigue & infected swings)

So far, the only upgrades are explosive ammo, fire ammo, and a laser sight.

barrel_roll

Smash Rookie
Don't you think they should have been more clever with the name. Rather than "left 4 dead 2" they should have called it "left 2 die" or something like that.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Not really. Left 4 dead was clever already (and the box cover was too). Left 4 dead 2 still manages to pull it off (and also the box cover).

Oh, and also, people unfortunate enough to live in countries with rather strict videogame laws get 5 counterstrike weapons, Including some assault rifle, the MP5 (which I don't get since the Uzi is based off it), the AWM (AWP for those who still live in typos), and the scout.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So Dave and I played around with the console in the l4d2 demo and found some cool things:

Incendiary ammo does not keep a tank lit the whole time. It goes away.
Incendiary ammo is only the amount of one clip.
The grenade launcher (aka ERROR Launcher) is pretty good. It takes awhile to reload though. You can not refill this at normal ammo piles.
The launcher does not kill a witch in 1 hit, or 2 hits, it takes about 3 hits. =/ It seems they buffed her health.
The witch voice acting is meh.
Explosive ammo didn't seem that great to me.
Laser sight didn't seem to make a very big difference, except I imagine it might help for the AK or shotty more than others.

4% APR

Smash Champion
yeah the witch seems way harder, which I really like. it doesnt seem like you can crown her with melee weapons either, fyi lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
PC gamers dissecting the Left 4 Dead 2 demo found files that might reference the names of future DLC packs, CVG reports.

“Miracle Pack” and “Apocalyptic Pack” are both mentioned in the demo files. The original L4D survivors also are mentioned in the files. CVG speculates they might be made available at some time in the sequel.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/10/left-4-dead-2-demo-names-upcoming-dlc/

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
PC gamers dissecting the Left 4 Dead 2 demo found files that might reference the names of future DLC packs, CVG reports.

“Miracle Pack” and “Apocalyptic Pack” are both mentioned in the demo files. The original L4D survivors also are mentioned in the files. CVG speculates they might be made available at some time in the sequel.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/10/left-4-dead-2-demo-names-upcoming-dlc/
Which is basically a big "F--- YOU" to those of us that paid $49.99 for the original game and still aren't completely sold on the second one.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I bought my l4d at circuit city when it was going out of business. =D

And I bought l4d2 for $34 because I have friends to split a 4 pack with.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I've been playing through the demo, and a couple of guns really made me smile.

Chrome shotgun: ****, this shotgun can actually hit farther than close range. Not only that, it is the MOST ACCURATE SHOTGUN TO DATE. The T2 Shotguns have nothing on this beaut. Too bad you only have 50 reserve ammo...

SCAR: This thing is pretty good with ammo consumption, since you don't need to go full auto. What's even more, it is easier to stop firing. Here is how a normal AR works:
.............. (note, each dot is a bullet)
And here is how the scar works:
... ... ... ...
It is essentially easier to stop, and prevent losing an extra bit of ammo

Sniper rifle:
While both rifles can shoot while moving now, the SR has more ammo per clip (while the HR has a slightly faster reload). Clip, reload, clip, reload. **** it, I'm going with the G3

Magnum
Wow, just wow. This thing just plain ****s zombies up. I actually had moments where I was using this instead of the shotgun, SMG, and forgetting about melee weapons.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh, the charger is pretty easy to dodge and kill.

I'm not sure how well you have control when a jockey is on you. It only got on me once, and it was only for about 3seconds.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Valve: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Did Not Reveal DLC Names

http://kotaku.com/5394260/valve-left-4-dead-2-demo-did-not-reveal-dlc-names

"If you're reading in the forums and you're reading about the "Miracle" DLC or whatever, that's test code. To get tested through Microsoft certification we had to do test scenarios with DLC. We haven't actually come out internally with what we're going to do yet."

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I broke down and pre-ordered Left 4 Dead 2. The demo is AMAZING.

I'm also sorry to report that L4DMods is experiencing server problems, so we won't likely see the release of Dead Before Dawn until some time tomorrow.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Trav, if you can find anyone else interested, we could always split a 4 pack :p

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris' Custom Campaign Directory
Helping you get more for your money.

Dead Before Dawn *NEW!* *ERROR!*
By Darth_Brush

5/6 Maps (83% Complete):
  • Citylights
  • Anna is gone
  • The mall
  • Clean up
  • A new dawn
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
Serris' Custom Campaign Directory

There are only three words I can use to describe this update:

Get it. NOW.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Which is basically a big "F--- YOU" to those of us that paid $49.99 for the original game and still aren't completely sold on the second one.
Why are you complaining? At least you don't have to pay for the DLC.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Left 4 Dead 2 Demo "Versus Mode" Guide:
  • Download this plugin.
  • Extract the contents to Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2\
  • set_infected 0 to join Survivors.
  • set_infected 1 to join the Infected.
  • plugin_cvar kill to end the "round."
  • plugin_cvar sb_all_bot_team 1 to dick around in Single Player, or troll the Survivors as a team.

Notes:
  • Distance-based pounce damage has not been introduced, yet.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is vs mode not officially in yet?

also, here's the changes from the aussie version :/

ed edition of the game. Highlights include:

* No Gore: When you shoot an Infected to you see a small splash of blood. You will not see any “gibs” at all.
* No Blood Spatter: You will not see blood spattering on the screen.
* No Dismemberment: You cannot shoot or melee any limbs, including the head, off an Infected.
* No Corpses: As soon as they’re dead, Infected bodies will disappear.
* No Burning: Infected will not catch fire from, for example, a molotov. They will, however, still die.
* No Riot Cop: The “riot cop” Uncommon Infected will spawn at all. In fact, if just one player on the server is running the Australian edition, the “riot cop” will not spawn at all.

There is however, a way around it
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/11/whats-cut-from-aussie-left-4-dead-2-and-how-to-uncut-it/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That was their plan, but the real version got rejected again, so no :c

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Maybe they can get L4D gore into Australia (Wait, did L4D have any problems in your country?)

Handorin

Smash Hero
So if you throw a molly... how do you know it's working? You just see flailing zombies with no fire? xD

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Wait, why can't Valve just release an Australian version of L4D2 with the same gore levels as L4D?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I would be fine with everything if the Riot Cop was still in it, or if there was a replacement skin for it, like a zombie wearing a bulletproof vest or something similar.

It's the only thing that really annoys me. Though, it wouldn't be the first competitive game I took up with regional differences. (Melee lol).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
^ This. Well that and the no burning zombies. Sorry, that's just stupid :/

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm about to download the L4D2 Demo. I'll have my opinion later.

Top Bottom