• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left 4 Dead Series (New DLC planned!)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You have got to be kidding me HR is the worst gun in the game, if you plan on moving in the campaign you're ****ed with it's terrible accuracy, It's terrible for taking down tanks
Notable exception: Death Toll Finalé with water camping.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Serris' Custom Campaign Directory
Helping you get more for your money.

Dismember the Alamo *NEW!*
By ZapWizard

1/1 Maps (100% Complete):
  • Dismember the Alamo
Modes Supported:
  • Survival

Silent Fear *NEW!*
By Adam Sierra

1/1 Maps (100% Complete):
  • Silent Fear
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign

Suicide Blitz *NEW!*
By R.T. Frisk

5/5 Maps (100% Complete):
  • The Apartment
  • The Underground
  • The Law
  • The City
  • The Stadium
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

The directory has been updated with two new campaigns and a Survival map.

Dismember the Alamo is a fully-playable, highly-detailed 1:1 scale recreation of the Alamo Drafthouse from Austin, Texas, complete with working movie projectors.

Silent Fear is a Silent Hill-themed single-map campaign that features self-randomizing map pathing, puzzle solving, and a fully-scripted final boss.

Suicide Blitz is a new, five-map campaign that takes you through a city, from an apartment complex to the sport stadium finale.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

*ERROR!* indicates a custom campaign that causes issues with Crash Course. Disable it to restore normal functionality.

Back To School *ERROR!*
By romasm & 100_o/o_f@ke

3/5 Maps (60% Complete):
  • Forest
  • Train Station
  • Town
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

Suicide Blitz *NEW!* *ERROR!*
By R.T. Frisk

• The Apartment
  • The Underground
  • The Law
  • The City
  • The Stadium
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
  • Versus
  • Survival

Because some people still experience issues with unforseen interactions between Crash Course and custom campaigns, I've added a new notification, *ERROR!*, that indicates which custom campaigns need to be disabled in order to get everything working right. Back To School and Suicide Blitz are the only two offenders that made the list. Here's an explanation of how they interact with Crash Course:

Back To School will cause a constant overlay of a foghorn-like sound that drowns out all other in-game noise, including the microphone channel.

Suicide Blitz will make you unable to join Versus Mode games of Crash Course. Testing on whether or not it affects other game-modes is pending.

Vienna Calling *UPDATE!*
By 44V Mapping

• Innere Stadt
  • Bahnhof
  • Nussdorf
  • Donauinsel
  • Donauturm
Modes Supported:
  • Campaign
On a more positive note, Vienna Calling has been updated to version 1.1, bringing improved AI navigation, FPS optimization, and map layout fixes that streamline the experience.

I'm also considering doing reviews for the campaigns featured in the directory, which may help you in choosing which ones you download. However, this is tentative, and I need further input from you before I go ahead with it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
From what I've heard, it's decent sized.
However, at higher levels it gets kind of unbalanced against infected.

I don't have much experience (in comp) in it because I don't have the time.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
suicide blitz is too good. I strongly recommend it.
I have to agree. Until Dead Before Dawn is released, Suicide Blitz is my favorite custom campaign. Just from my experiences with it in Campaign, I can tell that it's amazing in Versus Mode. There are so many great ambush spots.

From what I've heard, it's decent sized.
However, at higher levels it gets kind of unbalanced against infected.

I don't have much experience (in comp) in it because I don't have the time.
So much for you, Dave, and I starting up a team, huh?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Serris- Yea, it kind of never happened. xD Maybe in l4d2

P.S. It's hard to quote part of your message.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Steam has different prices and ratings for each regions, which also includes censoring, like TF2 and Germany.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And then when I add it to my Australian Steam Account, I get the Australian version.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Which would then revert back when it detects an australian IP address. Which if I want to counter use some sort of IP proxy. It's just not worth the effort really.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Which would then revert back when it detects an australian IP address. Which if I want to counter use some sort of IP proxy. It's just not worth the effort really.
Well, imports aside, you could also wait for your fellow countrymen to develop a hack to restore the original levels of gore, like Germans did with the first Left 4 Dead.

4% APR

Smash Champion
yeah hando, we missed out on making a legit team in l4d, but i wont let you escape it in l4d2. You too serris. left4smashboards is gonna dominate l4d2.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
1 word: Awesome!

2: The Beginning and end of L4D2 takes place in a safe zone, both overcome by the infection. This raises one question. If the Georgian and Louisianian safe zones fell, what happened to the NY one the first survivors went to?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, Silent Fear is basically impossible on any mode above Normal. I spent an hour and a half with two friends of mine in a futile attempt to beat it on Advanced. The Common Infected slow you down just enough for Dolagius' death beam to finish you off.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
So, Silent Fear is basically impossible on any mode above Normal. I spent an hour and a half with two friends of mine in a futile attempt to beat it on Advanced. The Common Infected slow you down just enough for Dolagius' death beam to finish you off.
That was so cool yesterday, too bad I couldn't play on Advanced with you guys.

4% APR

Smash Champion
i just did silent fear with serris and waltz. If you're a fan of survival horror games you gotta check it out. The boss is sweet and parts are actually creepy sorta

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
i just did silent fear with serris and waltz. If you're a fan of survival horror games you gotta check it out. The boss is sweet and parts are actually creepy sorta
Don't forget Suit. I honestly doubt we would have succeeded without a fourth person there, and he was a good teammate. Definitely proved myself wrong about it being impossible on Advanced. Tomorrow's Expert run should be pretty fun. Hopefully, we can record it.

The battle against Dolagius was pretty intense, too. Almost felt like a warzone with all the explosions going on around us.

4% APR

Smash Champion
i wasnt leaving suit out i just figured since hes not on smashboards no one knows who he is

Valar

Smash Rookie
Dead Echo is a [soon-to-be] five-map campaign that takes place after Blood Harvest. It chronicles the Survivors' journey from the farmhouse to Evacuation Outpost Echo. While unfinished, the campaign is in a state of polish that rivals "complete" releases.

I'm not going to lie to you, however. This campaign isn't even supposed to be out, yet. Thanks to the author's testers using public lobbies while playing the campaign, a download link for the VPK was exposed, and people began to download it. The original URL for the download has been taken down. It's currently hosted on my FileFront account. If the author requests to have it taken down, I'll happily comply. For now, go ahead and download it.
yes please, remove this link and the download file from wherever you've posted it on. you could simply ask me and i believe you could make the effort to contact me about it.
i did not look forward to finding about this.

Moreover, anybody who is interested in getting real and current updates about this campaign is more than welcome to join my steam group at
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/val4d

Thanks.
Valar

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
ouch, haha
Already complied with the request, though I think that Valar should choose his words more carefully when he says "real and current updates." The last update was on September 30th.

On a more sour note, the Left 4 Dead 2 PC pre-order demo has been pushed back to 11:00 PM GMT -8 due to general incompetence. What's even more of a kick to the balls is that the 360 players already have it. You may now rage.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You can download the Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360 demo here:

It is 1.35 GB in size.

[Removed the links at Serris's request.]

Enjoy!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
F8AL, I'm going to have to ask you to pull the download links. I realize it's slightly hypocritical of me to be doing this after the incident with Dead Echo, but the fact of the matter is that people had to pay to get access to that demo at this point in time.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
With L4D2 Coming out, along with most (if not all) of the weapons, I already started forming jobs people can pick up while playing. A role if you will. Each person has a specific role and a semi-specific partner. This is, of course, hypothetical. The odds are incredibly low that you'll find a sniper lover, a launcher lover, shotgunner, and assault person in the same team (The odds of a 1-2-1 ratio in L4D is almost impossible to find). However, you can consider this while playing to make life in the zombie apocalypse easier:

Assault:
Primary: AR of choice (preferably M16. SCAR and AK-47 is also viable)
Secondary: melee weapon of choice
reasoning: This person is essentially going to be your "Jack of all trades". The AR is the generic rifle, set for most situations. with the AK-47 allowing for close range combat, and the CR (combat Rifle, or Scar) allowing for further range, they can fill in a more needed role (and can even serve as a makeshift marksman). A problem all AR's have is that they don't instantly kill zombies except for a shot to the head. In L4D, this isn't a problem, since you can just shoot off an arm or leg to kill them. With L4D2's improved engine, the same trick won't work (since Zombies can handle losing arms or legs). A melee weapon suffices quite nicely for this. Besides, with a weapon so versatility, why would you need a pistol?
Preferred partner: grenadier

Grenadier:
Primary: grenade launcher:
Secondary: Pistols
Reasoning: The Grenade launcher has a clear purpose in mind, make a hole where a horde was, in reality and in spelling (apparently). They are mostly going to rely on their pistol, but when a certain tune chimes (horde tune, tank growls), they pull out their launcher and aid their team in leveling the treat. Unfortunately, what the launcher has in power and zombie killing ability, it lacks for in ammo (you only have 35 shots). You are mostly reliant on your pistols (and the s is intended, you will not have any use for a magnum when you are wielding something that can potentially stun a tank) for general basis, so you are going to have to hug (not literally) your partner and you are possibly the most reliant on your teammates.
Preferred partner: Assault

Marksman:
Primary: Scoped weapon (G3 preferable, HR or SCAR if available)
Secondary: melee weapon of choice
reasoning: This is really self explanatory. You're going to pick off zombies from a distance, and deal with threats before they reach your buddies. The G3 looks like the top notch version of this (it is supposedly more powerful and has higher moving accuracy than the original HR), but if one isn't available, the HR will suffice, and the SCAR can be used if you need to, well, you know, run (if the G3's moving accuracy is still marginal or isn't available). As with before, close ranges is a problem, so of course, the melee weapon is preferable
Preferred partner: Close quarters

Close quarters:
Primary: Shotgun of choice
Secondary: Magnum
Reasoning: Look, this is about as explanatory as I can make it. You are using an incredibly powerful close quarters weapon, and the Magnum will be much more useful to you than anyone else.
Preferred partner: Marksman

What about grenades?
It is best to keep a 1-2-1 ratio of Molotov (for explanatory situations), Pipe bombs, and bile bombs (note, use this first). I recommend giving the Grenadier a pipe and the marksman the bile, to make their lives easier. In maps involving water (ex swamp fever), the Molotov can be substituted for the grenade of choice

OK, what about kits?
It is unknown if there is an ammo or weapon upgrade pack that occupies the First aid kit. If there is an ammo one, the grenadier gets his hands on it for obvious reasons. If not, depends on the upgrade (Marksman WILL get laser sights, for Bluntly obvious reasons). However, there is a new Item that WILL occupy the health kit, and it's the defibrillator. It reanimates dead survivors (to what degree, I don't know), so having one on hand is always handy. I recommend giving this to the person farthest from combat, so that he'll live to use it (duh). I find that the marksman fits this role perfectly (I know, once I was exploring a room (I had HR), and the tank came and crushed my teammates with a car. I was the only non incapped one, just because i was a bit off. (two of them had to wait to respawn)).

And pills?
Just go with adrenaline shots unless unavailable. you go faster, don't get slowed down by zombies, and have less melee fatigue.

Top Bottom