• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge-tech help

AzureKiteSky

Smash Cadet
I need help, Teching (mainly Ledgeteching) is one of the only useful advanced techs that i dont work with a lot, simply put: does anyone know a good way to practice teching (aside from Hyrule Temple)? Thanks everyone

craiigg

Smash Lord
for falco and fox, goto their break the targets stages
phantasm/firefox into the yellow blocks and tech as you hit

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
To practice, go into 1P training mode:

Pick Corneria

Go to the right side, next to the Fin

Press start and pick "Proximity Mine" item, drop 1, and press start to go back to the game

Pick it up, and standing right under the fin tip, throw it up.

Up-B, and hit R (or L) within 1/3 of a second before hitting the mine. If you fly away, you messed up, if you stop and fall down (still on fire though), then you did it right. At higher percents it's more noticeable.

After a few minutes of this you should get the timing of when you should it R. For most characters, it's about half-way through their up-B.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
aww you beat me to the link for my own vid T_T

oh yea, im also planning to release another one, a follow up with more options (read the comments for a few of them) and a better explaination and guide.

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
once again someone was faster lol

@sveet: I made a pretty long post explaining whats in your vid and how to use asdi&sdi for teching with a link to your vid and dorakis di guide. as i previewed it phanna already posted ... T_T he actually beat us both. <3 phanna, way to omniscient

btw dorakis guide to di... /showthread.php?t=60218

Banks

Smash Hero
find a friend and practice on each other, just firefox into another fox's dsmash or something

craiigg

Smash Lord
find a friend and practice on each other

>_______>

<________________<

>__________________________________>
eww

but no, any of these will work, but sometimes experience can come from trying it in matches. Since that's when you're gonna need it most

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
thats really inefficient. the reset time is way too high seeing as you dont get knocked down (aka cant tech) until like 40% and seeing it takes 2 people... it would be more time efficient to switch turns in training mode.

Top Bottom