• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Cancelled Klaw

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
This is in response to Bleachigo's Thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243836

This technique is actually quite old, I thought other Bowser's knew about this, but judging by the posts in his thread I guess not. Both me and Limit have known about this for quite some time, me around October of last year when I first picked up Bowser, and Limit atleast this past April since we briefly talked about it.

Here's the video of the technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOwfw7Qbfoo

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's only use is run-off BAir, and frankly Bowser is probably better off just speed-hugging the edge if someone is recovering from that angle.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I actually found this on my own after I discovered a similar thing w/ Pits up-b. For bowser this has little practical use, speed hug has better edge grab, maybe if they are chasing you (lolwut, why are they chasing boozer?) its a safe way to catch them off guard, but really it doesn't seem very helpful. If they are on the ledge though, can this grab them off?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It's nice to know but its not like ground-breaking or anything. I really thought this was old stuff though <_< lol.
I've yet to really find any way worth incorporating it besides like how Flayl mentioned the BAir. I suppose you could do that instead of dropping down and BAir'ing I guess. I've gotten someone with a LKK'd [Ledge Kanceled Klaw? o: or LCK if you're grammatically paranoid] Foward Air before though, lol.

@Shinyspoon I haven't tested it that much to an extent, nor do I feel like it seeing as how it doesn't look like it's that useful but I'm assuming that the LKK has nothing to do with anyone being on the ledge. If they're on the ledge you could just go and Klaw them or LKK FAir [at least with that, if you mess up you can still Klaw them xD] <_<, or just do the darn FAir itself.

B!squick

Smash Master
Klaw can snatch people off of ledges, yeah, but as said, BAir is faster and better unless you want the Cide kill.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Klaw can snatch people off of ledges, yeah, but as said, BAir is faster and better unless you want the Cide kill.
Or if flying hugs are your thing.

A LKK is safer then a run off Bair I guess, because you can klaw hop out of LKK. LKK might be a good idea though, in that if they jump, you grab and hug 'em, if they get up attack, you hug em. If they roll, you are safe, if they drop, you klaw hop and are safe, if they wait on the ledge you hug em.

^theorycrafting- I enjoy it.

Of course, LKK is not as fast, bair can stagespike.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, I like your thinking b:

It'd just take a while for me to perfect it, I mean I can do it pretty easily but for me to remember about it mid-match, that'd be a bit hard. I mean it's nothing gamebreaking, like I said before, although it does add a nice little spin to Bowser's edge play I suppose.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
thank you-

A good mix-up I suppose, maybe it can be utilized into bowsers game more, but bowser is probably better off just waiting on the stage for them.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Oh, so this is what he was talking about.

I've done this before (learned about it awhile ago when I was trying to find gimmicky ways to gimp Diddy), but I really never found reliable application for it. :/

Top Bottom