• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn how to earn your wings! A pit video critique thread :)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
vs Falco

You got grabs at 0% and tried to throw him in the air and then get a pivot grab read. That's not as reliable as Pit's guaranteed fthrow followups. I would study up on those because it's better than what you were doing. You could have used fthrow to fthrow to stutter step fsmash for around 35% instead of 7% from our first dthrow or 24% from your uthrow to fthrow read.

You can go for a mirror shield gimp on recovieries with hitboxes and linear trajectories like falco and the spacies.

Good edgehog at 2:25

Normally the best thing vs falco is to camp until you're around 35 ish percent so he can't get the chaingrab but this falco wasn't utilizing it that well so you didn't have to worry about it. You jumped too much when he was lasering you can got punished for it . You should stay grounded for the most part unless it isn't FD and there are platforms for you to camp on. You jumped and used dair a lot for whatever reason, but don't do that lol.

vs MK

Dash attack isn't safe on shield, it's actually horrible on shield so don't go for that unless you get a good read in or a guaranteed punish. You actually attacked his shield a lot and got away with it sometimes, but that's generally bad. Should go for more grabs and pokes. When using arrows don't arrow too close to someone or you will get punished. Also mix up the timings by charging some of them.

Not always a good idea to glide right in someone's face because Pit is actually pretty vulnerable in a glide despite his large glair hitbox. Also be sure when you're on the edge not to use the last air jump too far from the edge or you wont sweetspot the ledge when you use up b and you can get gimped that way easily though this mk didn't take advantage of it.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to make a few comments if that's alright. But before I get started, I'm not really a Pit player. But I play against a Pit main a lot. My best friend mains Pit, so I know how to play against Pit better than against any other character. Also, I main Falco and MK...

*** Falco Matchup ***

Camping -
Falco's camping game is superior in firing speed, both for startup and cooldown times. However, his range is more limited to a straight vulcan-type firing. He can't shoot what is below or above him. Pit has superior range. Camping from the air at a diagonal angle. This can also be done if you are on the ground and Falco is in the air. If Falco is on the ground, you can ride a platform, or jump/fly and fire arrows downward.

Off Stage -
Falco's recovery sucks. Everyone knows it. I'd argue Gannon has a better vertical recovery. Horizontal is fast and ranged, by very linear and predictable. Learn to read his recovery and punish him. Pit has the best recovery in the game, second only to Metaknight. Ranged attacks, weapon priority, good frame data and multiple jumps/suspended airtime gives him a gimping game, not quite as strong as DDD or Marth though. Falco can't do crap. His Fair, Dair, Nair, D-B, S-B and Laser won't do jack to Pit's Fair or Bair. No fear of dying, use it.

Stage Vs Air -
Falco has less general range for physical attacks vs Pit (In most cases, F-Tilt may be an exception). Falco's frame data is better, flat out. He has the advantage on the ground. In fact, Falco's ground game is one of the strongest in the game. His air game however, is very limited, especially if he is in front or above you. Pit's airial range is far superior to Falco's. Take advantage of that. Keep Falco in the Air and off the stage as much as possible.

MK Matchup -
This one is tough. There is a reason MK has a +2 on him. Though I'd argue it's only a +1... But regardless of that, MK has superior range, recovery, frame data, priority etc. This matchup isn't winnable if you play at an even level to the MK player. You have to play better, smarter, and harder. You have to know the matchup better, and make better calls. That's all there is too it. Aside from knowing the matchup, all you can really do is improve your 'general' gameplay to close the gap better between Pit and MK.

*** General Pit Tips ***

Range / Frames -
It appears you are a bit unfamiliar with Pit's Range and Frame data. The fact that you use Dair a lot is actually a good thing. It's one of his fastest moves, and has nice range in air/ground (if short hopped). You should learn to comfortably use Pit's faster moves (Jab, grab, Nair, Dair, F-Smash). You can find his Frame Data on Smashboards somewhere. Also, try to learn the ranges. The Jab outranges the F-Smash, the F-Tilt out ranges both, but it's cooldown and warmup time is a bit slow, so it's punishable if not used from it's greatest reach. Things like that.

Spacing -
Like range, you need to have a good understanding of which moves are good options, and when. Arrows should be fired from enough distance that the cooldown time doesn't leave you open. F/S-B twirl thing should be used when opponent can't shield (catch an airdodge, roll, or landing etc if you want to use it on the ground). Learn to find the safest distances to use the attacks. A safe distance is enough time to jump/shield/spot-dodge/move before you can be punished, after performing a move.

Camping -
It doesn't matter if the arrow hits, it only matters that you fired it... Just fire in the general direction of the opponent. Sure hitting is always nice, but missing doesn't matter. It you fired an arrow from a safe distance and didn't get hit, then it's a free move. Free moves are always good/nice. They make good followups to any mid-high knockback moves. This will program your opponent into making earlier spot-dodges/air-dodges than normal, or longer shielding. This gives opportunity for making a good call to get a hard read on a grab or regular attack.

Tempo -
If you need to approach, do so in moderation. If you have tempo, roll with it. If not, break away and get a 'reset' to break the opponent's tempo. Pit's flying and recovery gives him planking and scrooging options. Sure they are cheap, but they are effective. Use what you need to break your opponent's tempo. Nuetral tempo gives Pit a general advantage over some characters due to his superior camping and ranged attack options over many others. Not always the case though, learn who you have an advantage over in Nuetral Tempo positions. Also, you approach recklessly. Use more caution. Attack with your reach of your attacks, instead of relying so much on moving closer to the opponent. Infinitely safer.

Matchups -
A large portion of the game, is having some understanding of your opponent's character. You don't have to play that particular character per se'. But it does help to know MK's range/speed of attacks, out of shield options and so on. A little study is good. If you know his D-Tilt, F-Air, F-Tilt ranges pretty well, that is really helpful. These are some of MK's strong spacing options. Try to learn when it's safe to approach, and what range to avoid when he is attempting to use certain attacks.

General Tips -
Try to learn to use Pit's Nair and Dair out of shield. Jabs and Jab combo infinite have a lot of good uses, try to find where they work best, and where they don't work well. Approach with caution. Learn to balance and maintain tempo. Safe or guaranteed options are usually the better choice compared to big, flashy, or risky ones. This is especially true when learning a new character. Your Bair attempts are overly obvious. Latent (stalled) falling Bairs should almost never hit. If they do, your opponent is at fault. Try to be more creative. D-Smash is best KO option. If you sweet spot it, it kills really well.

Btw - That guy's Falco and MK seems to have a bit better spacing and better basics down than your Pit. Just an observation. Hope this helps.

Esca

Smash Champion
Gadiel you can tell you're just not oriented in the mu well enough. You should play diddy for a couple weeks and learn his flow, because P-1 is a meh player you could beat him easily.

In class right now but I'll critique a little. I saw a few openings where you could've fsmashed, but you were too sketched to do it, and he didn't have bananas out. When Diddy doesn't have bananas out go have a field day. Just do NOT dtilt or side b. Also, when he's coming back on stage and up-bing, just fall off and sourspot bair. it knocks him out of barrels if you didn't know.

Class startin g2g, just call me later or something.

Btw what's up with ICs? :O

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Don't attack Diddy shield when he has a banana. Should be common knowledge no matter who you are playing.

Use tilts more, not one utilt, not one ftilt, saw maybe 1 dtilt but you used it wrong trying to go for the ledge spike gimmick. Just a whole bunch of smash and dsmash on his shield.

Camp more, saw no camping strategy just a bunch of panicking from banana pressure. Camp p1 and he will camp back, but Pit can camp harder so its w/e. Also didn't see any planking. You know as Pit you have to use arrows right.

Know when to reflect a banana throw, but that comes with experience. He can side b through angel ring so end it if you used it and nothing good came out of it before you get punished.

Commit to staying on the ground and shielding. You jumped around a lot when Pit has no quick and effective aerials vs Diddy. Stay on the ground and shield his banana then attack him while grounded. Dash attack, dtilt, uthrow, dthrow, utilt, usmash all put him in the air so focus those move and get in an fsmash read for the kill or dsmash read for a quick punish if not in kill percent.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Don't attack Diddy shield when he has a banana. Should be common knowledge no matter who you are playing.

Use tilts more, not one utilt, not one ftilt, saw maybe 1 dtilt but you used it wrong trying to go for the ledge spike gimmick. Just a whole bunch of smash and dsmash on his shield.

Camp more, saw no camping strategy just a bunch of panicking from banana pressure. Camp p1 and he will camp back, but Pit can camp harder so its w/e. Also didn't see any planking. You know as Pit you have to use arrows right.

Know when to reflect a banana throw, but that comes with experience. He can side b through angel ring so end it if you used it and nothing good came out of it before you get punished.

Commit to staying on the ground and shielding. You jumped around a lot when Pit has no quick and effective aerials vs Diddy. Stay on the ground and shield his banana then attack him while grounded. Dash attack, dtilt, uthrow, dthrow, utilt, usmash all put him in the air so focus those move and get in an fsmash read for the kill or dsmash read for a quick punish if not in kill percent.
Thanks, I'll try that next time.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
If the props was for me, thx. If not, sorry for misunderstanding...

I reviewed and watched this round with your Pit vs his Diddy twice, just to make sure I got a close observation.

Well, let me break things down a bit.

Pros - You have some instincts to tell you to get up and move away from your opponent. That is helpful to all Pit players. You don't need to be skittish per se, but knowing when not to be somewhere, and knowing how to get away are both great traits for Pit. You have some ledge skill with camping, that's good. More aerials at the ledge could help if they are too close for arrows.

Cons - You are baited easily. It seems you approach at obvious times. Many of the times he 'appeared' open, you charged right in. However, they were traps. You rushed in and got punished often. When you do charge in, you are a bit obvious and easy to counter. Your approaches were often baited, unsafe, and punished. If you approach, do so cautiously. Use safer moves, and don't throttle the gas when you swing at the opponent.

Nuetral - Try to learn what is a trap and what isn't. It's clear this Diddy player had the advantage. Try to learn good positions. Tempo is key, avoid bad tempo situations like the plague. Pit's job is to make the opponent come to you. This is true in almost all matchups. The only exceptions are like... Falco, DDD and maybe another Pit? One of Pit's best traits are forcing the opponent to come to him with superior camping. This allows you more shield grab oppertunities, out of shield options, poke damage, and hard punishes for an opponent's mistake.

General tips -
Grabs - Pit's standing grab range sucks horribly. Try to use retreating pivot grabs. This like doubles his range, and pulls him out of danger. Shield grabbing is also a safer option. Also, never dash grab with Pit, it's easy to punish.

Jab - The first swing pretty fast and has a lot of range. Use a free swing from time to time if your opponent is approaching close. It's one of his safest moves. It's really hard to punish if spaced correctly. Also, don't finish the A-combo if the first hit doesn't land. The cooldown on the last swing gives the opponent a free grab/hit. Only finish the combo if the first 2 swings hit. You can Jab Cancel into F-Smash, D-Smash, Dash/Grab (prolly only good time to use it) D-Tilt etc.

Arrows - Keep firing from a safe distance. Vs Diddy, try to fire from the air. The ground isn't safe. His Glide toss on a banana goes really far. You need to be outside that range bare minimum to fire an arrow on the ground to avoid punish. That's from a Banana. You also have to watch for the occasional B-Dacus.

Airials - Nair and Dair are your best friends out of shield. They are your fastest attacks, followed by Shield-Canceled U-Smash. Fairs are nice too. Bair... never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever short-hop, fast-fall a Bair at ground level. So many Pits do this, and get punished hard. The hard landing is very punishable, it is easy to read, and easy to power shield. This is Pit's worst aerial option.

Spacing - Jab tips, F-tilt, D-tilt, F-smash (sparingly) are all nice, good reach options and relatively safe if used properly on the ground. To help with the air, occasional approaching/retreating Fair/Nairs/Dairs are pretty safe. Especially retreating ones. Retreating, auto-canceled aerials should generally be followed up with Arrow, Jab, F-smash, Grab or Shield, depending on your opponent's distance from you when you land. This makes ground approaching and aerial approaching very very difficult.

Frame Data - When facing someone with better frame data, you need to space better, and make better calls. Falco, Pikachu, Snake, MK and Diddy are common, high tier characters you need to be mindful of. Each have 5 frame (or less) ground moves you need to watch for. Falco and Snake are especially dangerous given their general range (Snake's F-tilt and Jab, Falco's Jab). Diddy, Fox, Pikachu, and Peach (maybe a few others too) all have superior frame data on the ground, but lack range. You can beat their frame data by simply using weapon priority and range/spacing.

Approaching - This should be done in moderation. Usually, you should be forcing your opponent to come to you. This doesn't mean you can't approach. But approach slowly, cautiously, and safely. You're sword attacks and long reach allow you to do this rather safely. Jab, F-tilt and Dash Attack are the best ground options generally. Though F-tilt needs to be spaced well to avoid being punished, and Dash Attack should be used sparingly or for mixups. Angel Ring can be a good approaching option if you can catch an opponent's landing, spot dodge, roll, or dash animation before they can shield. If you can't manage to catch the opponent doing one of these actions, then don't use Angel Ring on the ground, period. It's easily punished.

Best Options - Jab. Not going to lie... Treat him like Ike. Jab is almost always your go-to attack for close range (grounded obviously). There is few times this won't work well (2 frame Jabs with reach stomp this like Falco/Peach). The Jab should be used often, and a lot. It's safe as hell, undecays the Bair/D-Smash by 3 moves if it connects, and pushes the opponent back to safe distances. Arrows should always be fired when it's safe to fire them. It doesn't matter if you hit the opponent, just fire at them anyway. Don't do this if the opponent is too close. Space the air with Dair/Fair mainly for safest options. Auto-cancel all your landings (except occasional Fairs your want to hit at ground level, but do sparingly).

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Veeonix...you're like a mini-CJ!!! Bro I need you in my life! How can I get in contact with you? What is your skype & facebook? I really want to learn this game.

:phone:

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
I may sound silly for this, but...

What/who is CJ?

Through this board, the PM system, Yahoo Messenger or Phone (Text or Talk). If you would like my cell number, just PM me requesting it.

I don't do Skype or Facebook, sorry.

It's good to have some motivation and drive. It can take you really far if you let it.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
I may sound silly for this, but...

What/who is CJ?

Through this board, the PM system, Yahoo Messenger or Phone (Text or Talk). If you would like my cell number, just PM me requesting it.

I don't do Skype or Facebook, sorry.

It's good to have some motivation and drive. It can take you really far if you let it.
CJ is a Marth main that knows a ****load about Marth and his matchups without actually being a top/high level player.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
CJ is a Marth main that knows a ****load about Marth and his matchups without actually being a top/high level player.
He actually knows a lot about the game, and much more than about Marth. He understands decisions and why things happen in this game. If you gave him a video, he would be able to pick it apart just like Veeonix did, but in even more detail. He also secretly helps all the top players break their plateaus, but none of them give him any credit :smirk:

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok. Sorry, was just trying to help. If you would prefer talking to cj, that is fine too.

If I misunderstood, then please disregard this.

:phone:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Was referring to ice climbers, you def would have beaten spade if you could finish a chain grab to usmash
Lol true dat, I will be prepared next time. I've been getting help from top IC mains plus reviewing my own matches and figuring out my bad habits. I rolled like a mad man in that match, lol. It was definitely nerves because I don't roll like that in typically matches, haha. I'll work on my composure.

Kryp

Smash Apprentice
I did a best of 5 with a friend of mine, I'll go ahead and post the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKZdT9uhQg (Game 1, FD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s41C37QIXAI (Game 2, Yoshi's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdVisHIlewQ (Game 3, Rainbow Cruise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDCHTuZVhY (Game 4, PS1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzDwlamXz0 (Game 5, Smashville)

Any advice you all could provide to just help improve my gameplay in general would be awesome, I felt like I did a lot of unneccesary stuff.
Also, matchup tips would be nice too. :D

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I did a best of 5 with a friend of mine, I'll go ahead and post the links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKZdT9uhQg (Game 1, FD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s41C37QIXAI (Game 2, Yoshi's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdVisHIlewQ (Game 3, Rainbow Cruise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfDCHTuZVhY (Game 4, PS1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuzDwlamXz0 (Game 5, Smashville)

Any advice you all could provide to just help improve my gameplay in general would be awesome, I felt like I did a lot of unneccesary stuff.
Also, matchup tips would be nice too. :D
I saw the first match. Some good things I noticed was your arcs & control on your arrows. It is really good, and even better than mine. Your use of retreating Fair/Nair was great especially for this matchup, and the retreating fair is something I will take notice of and use when I play a Wario again.

Some things to work on:
1) Don't airdodge mindlessly into the air from the ground, that's a no-no. You're leaving yourself open, and you could at least do a Fullhop Dair if you want to go w/ that style for protection and to get a hitbox out.
2) Watch you're spacing on the ledge vs Wario. You used upair but didn't really consider the spacing or positioning of where you were in comparison to Wario's position & the stage. I didn't really see you change up your move choice or space yourself back to shoot Arrows onstage. Watch Masashi/Danny to get more ideas on that, and to watch their spacing.
3) Use more arrows along w/ your retreating aerials to space Wario out, and try to trap his landings w/ upair, pivot grabs(which Pit can air release if he grabs Wario from the air) & ect

I'll watch the rest later & give more tips, but I think that's pretty good for now.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Hey guys thought I'd leave a video here as I haven't posted anything for review before and want to improve.
http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrawluk/b/381241062

Times:
0.00-26.30ish - Friendlies
55.00 - Doubles
1.10.30ish - Pitto MM
2.05.00 - Doubles
5.15.50 - Singles
5.53.30 - Singles
8.36.20 - Singles
10.04.00 - Doubles

Wow, you've seemed to improve quite a bit! How did you improve so much so quick!? Any tips?

Also, from watching your friendlies, a doubles match, and your MM, your Pit is very solid, and you make pretty good decisions for the most part. I learned some things like your use of reverse dair when ledgeguarding, and AD uptilt onto the stage, and double dair to space/punish.

If I could make a suggestion, it would be to find more ways to bait and punish w/ arrows, improve your arrow accuracy onstage & offstage edgeguarding(your loops were very accurate :p), and use more grabs(I'm learning how useful it can be in combat.

In the Pit MM, Pit's Dsmash can be punished w/ dash attack or grab depending on the spacing :D

Other than that, I don't really have much except that in doubles it didn't seem like you guys were using teammwork, but more 1 v 1s, although it works in your scene atm I guess, but just work on your team synergy & combos for next time and I'm sure you'll win :)

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you've seemed to improve quite a bit! How did you improve so much so quick!? Any tips?

Also, from watching your friendlies, a doubles match, and your MM, your Pit is very solid, and you make pretty good decisions for the most part. I learned some things like your use of reverse dair when ledgeguarding, and AD uptilt onto the stage, and double dair to space/punish.

If I could make a suggestion, it would be to find more ways to bait and punish w/ arrows, improve your arrow accuracy onstage & offstage edgeguarding(your loops were very accurate :p), and use more grabs(I'm learning how useful it can be in combat.

In the Pit MM, Pit's Dsmash can be punished w/ dash attack or grab depending on the spacing :D

Other than that, I don't really have much except that in doubles it didn't seem like you guys were using teammwork, but more 1 v 1s, although it works in your scene atm I guess, but just work on your team synergy & combos for next time and I'm sure you'll win :)
Thanks, not sure when you could've seen me play before since you know, I'm a UK player. Had a friday-monday morning smashfest the weekend before the tournament and got alot of practice in then! I use practice mode every so often to work on inputs, when I'm not playing on-point I get so many errors lol

Sometimes I'm too predictable with arrows or do them at unsafe times, grabs are frustrating cos Pits grab range is pretty poor but I learnt the low% f-throw chaingrabs and can do them fairly consistently - Chaingrabbing someone like DK all the way across FD is so satisfying :)

I enjoy Instant Dash Attack, overuse it sometimes lol. At one point I saw the other guy using over 100% ledge attack and wanted powershield d-smash to punish but mistimed my shield too early and the pushback sent my too far away :|

It was my first time teaming with him actually, both of our characters are good at stock-tanking and ledge-camping so it went from there, a couple of times in off-stream matches we had nice combos eg Pit up-throw into TL up-air, 2 vs 1 is just hilarious with projectiles everywhere.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
Your Pit is pretty good. I like your use of D-tilt. It props the opponent into a really nice position for a follow up, or perhaps a free arrow shot.

Arrow accuracy isn't a bad thing, but trust me when I say it's Pit's least necessary skill. It's more important that an arrow is fired, than if an arrow hits. Any time you can safely fire one, it is a good idea to fire one. Not to say it's always the right option. However, it is pretty safe in most cases, so long as you have a comfortable distance between you and the opponent.

Pit isn't known for his grab range, but his throws are pretty good. I like your use of Jab. Though I would suggest a bit more. Especially when throwing a retreating D-Air, Nair or Fair. The moment you land, you can consider throwing a grounded option. If the opponent approached, you have shield, grab, Jab. If not, you have Jab/arrow for relatively safe options. The range on Pit's jab will often disrupt someone trying to punish your landings. Especially when you space them out in the air with Dair/Fair. They often dash in to punish. Essentially giving you a free hit and disrupting their tempo.

I watched a few of your rounds. I'm noticing a bit of an unsafe habit. Almost all Pit players do this too. The Fast-Falled Bair that isn't auto-canceled. It is unsafe. To be blunt, you 'should' be punished for it far more often. It is an easy punish. It leaves you in a position where you physically cannot move or do anything, it's range/hitbox is short, and it leaves you vulnerable. I personally have never liked it.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Your Pit is pretty good. I like your use of D-tilt. It props the opponent into a really nice position for a follow up, or perhaps a free arrow shot.

Arrow accuracy isn't a bad thing, but trust me when I say it's Pit's least necessary skill. It's more important that an arrow is fired, than if an arrow hits. Any time you can safely fire one, it is a good idea to fire one. Not to say it's always the right option. However, it is pretty safe in most cases, so long as you have a comfortable distance between you and the opponent.

Pit isn't known for his grab range, but his throws are pretty good. I like your use of Jab. Though I would suggest a bit more. Especially when throwing a retreating D-Air, Nair or Fair. The moment you land, you can consider throwing a grounded option. If the opponent approached, you have shield, grab, Jab. If not, you have Jab/arrow for relatively safe options. The range on Pit's jab will often disrupt someone trying to punish your landings. Especially when you space them out in the air with Dair/Fair. They often dash in to punish. Essentially giving you a free hit and disrupting their tempo.

I watched a few of your rounds. I'm noticing a bit of an unsafe habit. Almost all Pit players do this too. The Fast-Falled Bair that isn't auto-canceled. It is unsafe. To be blunt, you 'should' be punished for it far more often. It is an easy punish. It leaves you in a position where you physically cannot move or do anything, it's range/hitbox is short, and it leaves you vulnerable. I personally have never liked it.
Fast fall bair is good for crossups on shields, and can shield poke & get KOs.

Veeonix

Smash Apprentice
On occasion perhaps. However, it's highly readable, very punishable, and only requires tilting the shield up to avoid poke. Pit has better options in most cases. Also, it does nothing for an opponent's out of shield option.

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
Hey, I really only picked up Pit this last semester at school, but I would like a critique on the first two games please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXc3SPjct4A

There's a lot of I know I could of done better (a lot of spacing issues and I got a little c-stick crazy sometimes), but I really want more match up advice on PT. I started to realized I could di some attacks (charizard's smashes and squirtle's jab), but still had trouble with a lot of PT's moves. Any advice on how to better deal with the character would be appreciated. I have a wait....and wait more playstyle, so maybe it's just that, idk.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sad to say CrimsonSun, but this topic hasn't been active in about nine months. But how about an opinion from captain noobcakes here?

One thing I can fairly say for certain (remember, I'm captain noobcakes XD) is that you grab too much. I mean, you aren't relying on it or anything, but you got hit over quite a few of Pit's bad grabs there.

Another thing is you don't use your bair at all. It's Pit's most powerful kill move, and there was a few points where you could of definitely KOed him with it. I didn't get to see much of your ledge game, but one trick I've heard of is to drop off, turn-jump, and bair. That last bit was from a fellow noob, so take it with a grain of salt.

And another thing, it looks like you don't like to shoot arrows from offstage. I dunno if he could of punished it or something, but it's IMO a useful tool to rack up a few %.

Lastly, you don't glide at all. Gliding is faster then WoI right? You should of glided instead of WoIing to the opposite ledge all time. But I don't glide at all, so it's not exactly my place to complain. XD

Top Bottom