• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Fighters - LoL 2D fighting game

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
UPDATE:
Been awhile since the last update. We released a new trailer check it out here:

Also, we will be having a publicly playable alpha at the LoL-themed convention Anime California August 22-24! If you can't make it then you can watch the stream when it happens.

To commemorate our alpha, we wanted to show off some of our characters. Here is a new alpha preview of Lee Sin in League of Fighters: http://imgur.com/a/x8Jas

More to follow

--------------

Hey Smashboards, long time no see. I'm back because for the last year I've been working on a project that I think everyone here could appreciate. We call it League of Fighters.

League of Fighters is a League of Legends fan project using the FM2K engine (My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic, Pokemon Type Wild, Vanguard Princess) to bring LoL characters into a 2D fighting game. Check out the trailer!

The game's mechanics are very similar to the LoL which makes for a really interesting fighting game. Each special attack has its own cooldown just like in the game! You can choose your own summoner spell when you select a character (we only show 3 in the trailer but we're planning many more). We actually use Smash controls for the inputs for special attacks so it still feels good on anything from a keyboard to a stick.

Down the line we'll even be adding an Assist system (similar to Marvel vs Capcom 1) where you can call your favorite champions for a gank to help you out! Even if a champion may not be exactly suitable for a fighter (like Kogmaw) they'll still be able to make it in the game with this Call for Gank feature.

Groundbounces, Wallbounces, air combos and just long combos in general, the game is designed for the competitive fighter in mind. I love the FGC and the mantra I had while designing this game is "simple but deep." A game that anyone can play even if they haven't touched a fighter before, but with enough skill and tech that a competitive played could just play in training mode for hours. I don't think we've reached that point just yet but someday we may. And with balance patches + new champions being released every couple of months after the game's release, hopefully it will keep the game fresh at the competitive level for a while to come.

Follow us at:
Instaburst Homepage
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My friend actually linked me to this earlier! O AO
I was excited to see Smash names on the team

Applied to the team as well after reading today > w>;;;

finalark

SNORLAX
I'll be honest, I never really cared for LoL as a game but I always found the game's wide cast of characters to be interesting. Maybe I'll like LoL better as a fighting game.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Well our plan is to patch the game continually so if anyone is god tier hopefully we can bring them down to S tier lol.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
A LoL fighting game spin-off would be amazing. Riot Vs Capcom... Ha. That'd be neat.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Incredibly well. I think we've hit something like 70 members now. Things are moving pretty fast, I can't wait until we have another trailer ready :).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was wondering what that picture was some days ago.
Did it get leaked or was it just revealed early? :applejack:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hmm which picture are you referring to? Far as I know there haven't been any leaks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The concept art for Vi. I saw that picture about a week ago on another site. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd have to look through my history. Take it with a grain of salt though, I could just have ****ty memory. :applejack:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
asdkfjalksdjflkajdf didnt get the update on the current Call for a ganks
omg they look so amazing
and that jinx

NOW I GOTTA WORK HARD TO GET MY ASSIGNMENT UP TO PAR OMG

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd agree with the call for ganks bit...

...But Fizz man. Just... just look at him. :applejack:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Nominate Veigar for playable and Lulu for Call 4Gank.

Also, any plans for release date and/or EVO demo?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
so just fyi the updated roster is kind of awesome folks

get hype
(lokii needs to finish her animation)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If there's no Poppy I ain't playin' it. The character roster is kinda crap right now too. :applejack:

Top Bottom