• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
OMG...that looks like...sorta normal without and wifi lag O_o must see if I can beg my mom for dat. Nice use of dair btw, shut down all them shuttle loops :DDD

So you think it's completely worth it for like...$35?

Rizen

Smash Legend
OMG...that looks like...sorta normal without and wifi lag O_o must see if I can beg my mom for dat. Nice use of dair btw, shut down all them shuttle loops :DDD

So you think it's completely worth it for like...$35?
I had this conversation on another thread:
Yeah wifi's not like offline but that doesn't mean it's worthless or can't be legit. I admit the varying lag makes it hard to judge skill (or even play properly:urg: sometimes) but good connections really are based on skill. It's not a black and white offline>wifi. There are many levels that need to be taken in to consideration. Offline>great connection wifi>>normal wifi (green)>>>>>>bad but playable wifi>>Offline CPU opponents>>>>>>>>>>>>Unplayable wifi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLBunrWTRI (lol, remember that? I just kept it as a joke.)

Have any of you noticed whether using a USB-ethernet adapter helps at all? The connection at my university is pretty good so I was thinking of trying it out soon, but should I use an adapter?
Wired connection works far better than wireless.
Wired connection works far better than wireless!
fixed
Really?

I should try it.
Well obviously information moves a lot faster through wire than thin air. The difference is amazing.
Do I connect the phone cable on my Wii, then?
You have to order an adapter that lets your wii connect to a modem or router.
Here's the US one, it might not work in Europe, etc.
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...goryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference
Oh, I see. Thank you.

But is it really much better than wifi? :urg: (is it worth it)
The LAN cable adapter is definetly worth it. Personal experience.
And yes, it works in Europe too.
Yes... DO IT

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
So I won a tournament going solo Link yesterday.

And by a tournament, I mean a 1 dollar money match since the brawl tournament got cancelled due to lack of attendance due to weather :/

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I lost Brawl because my brother and his friend formatted my harddrive full of games thinking it was the only way to read the hard drive :glare:

Happy birthday Ryu! :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^
Sorry you're sick; that sucks all over.

Lol, that's one of the better mixes. "Hair, hair, hair" (I wish they had a woman with that animation)

I think you're right. Stay grounded for your final and good luck. If you are not sure if you can fly or not it's best to play it safe.

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
Just guess on every question... that's what I do and I get A+ every time... true story.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Just guess on every question... that's what I do and I get A+ every time... true story.
You try that when your test questions are along the lines of "Which functional group decreases the half-life of beta blockers and increases onset but diminishes their oral bioavailability, making it an excellent drug to administer using an IV for cardiac emergencies?" Guessing stops working out so well :awesome:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
...Actually that's a very good guess. You're on the right track. I kinda worded that weird: "It" should have been Esmolol, which is a particular beta-blocker. The answer is an ester group (Esmolol is the beta-blocker that has an ester group in it).

Propranolol is a beta-blocker though, and does still have some uses in cardiac emergencies and such. Often times we have better drugs in that class though so it's not used quite as much.

Rizen

Smash Legend
There be some nerdies up in here!!!
("nerdies"?)

Let's see, internet videogame discussion forums... maybe a few. Most of us are hardcore outdoor athletic types, gangstas who treat our *****es right, ex-special-ops specializing in unarmed combat, activists, rock stars, mild-mannered working class heroes by day..., or captains of tomorrow's industries.

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
Watchu talkin bout Rizen? I'm gangsta... I define nerdies as people who talk about things and say stuff that dumber class of society can't understand lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
For some reason the formatting was shown instead of some faces. Overload.
Posting because I feel like it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AthvU1LmByc
<3 Dair.

Edit:
I have a little time to kill. Here's my characters and what MUs I'd use them for in friendlies:

Note: This has very little competitive logic involved and the possibility of going to any stage has been factored in. It's mostly who I like to us vs who. My characters: :link2::zelda::wolf::gw::ganondorf::pt:
Opponent/My character choices (ordered by preference)
:mario2:/:link2::gw::pt:
:luigi2:/:link2::gw::wolf::zelda:
:peach:/:wolf::gw::link2:
:bowser2:/:zelda::gw::link2::wolf::ganondorf::pt:
:dk2:/:wolf::gw::zelda::link2:
:diddy:/:link2::gw::zelda:
:yoshi2:/:wolf::gw::link2:
:wario:/:zelda::link2::gw:
:link2:/:link2::wolf::zelda::pt::gw::ganondorf:
:zelda:/:gw::link2::wolf::ganondorf::pt::zelda:
:sheik:/:wolf::zelda::gw::link2:
:sheilda:/:wolf::gw::link2::zelda:
:ganondorf:/:wolf::link2::gw::pt::ganondorf::zelda:
:toonlink:/:link2::wolf::gw::zelda:
:samus2:/:link2::wolf::gw::zelda::pt:
:zerosuitsamus:/:link2::wolf::gw::zelda::pt:
:pit:/:wolf::link2::zelda::gw:
:popo:/:link2::gw::zelda:
:rob:/:wolf::gw::link2::zelda::pt:
:kirby2:/:wolf::gw::pt::zelda::link2:
:metaknight:/:wolf::gw::link2::zelda::pt:
:dedede:/:gw::zelda::link2:
:olimar:/:wolf::gw::link2:
:fox:/:wolf::link2::zelda::gw:
:falco:/:wolf::gw::link2::zelda:
:wolf:/:wolf::link2::gw:
:falcon:/:link2::zelda::ganondorf::wolf::pt::gw:
:pikachu2:/:gw::link2::zelda:
:pt:/:link2::wolf::gw::zelda::ganondorf::pt:
:lucario:/:wolf::link2::gw::zelda:
:jigglypuff:/:gw::wolf::ganondorf::link2:
:marth:/:wolf::link2::zelda::gw::pt:
:ike:/:wolf::link2::zelda::gw::pt::ganondorf:
:ness2:/:wolf::gw::link2::zelda::ganondorf::pt:
:lucas:/:wolf::link2::gw::zelda::pt:
:gw:/:wolf::link2::gw:
:snake:/:link2::wolf::zelda::ganondorf:
:sonic:/:link2::wolf::gw::ganondorf:
:random:/:random::link2::zelda::ganondorf::pt::wolf::gw:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha wow lots o' info. Bored Rizen?

I use link in everything except his -3 or worse mus. I use Wario for most of those and would possibly pull out peach for d3. I play lots of other chars but that's who I'm comfortable with in tourney.

Also, holy crap I'm done guys. One more year of school left.

Also, HOLY CRAP Dallas moving up to select Morris Claiborne (as if anyone even knows what I'm talking about :awesome: )

:phone:

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Yeah I sorta just gave up on Brawl because it's just really ridiculous at this point.

Instead I just play friendlies in Brawl, Melee, or Project M. I'm not really going back into the competitive scene at this point because I believe that it isn't for me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah I sorta just gave up on Brawl because it's just really ridiculous at this point.

Instead I just play friendlies in Brawl, Melee, or Project M. I'm not really going back into the competitive scene at this point because I believe that it isn't for me.
My competitive brawl is through wifi which is sort of a contradiction in its self:ohwell:.

****Jiggz is above Link again. Not a surprise. I think Samus, Bowser, Falcon, Jiggz and Link are basically even. They have different strong and weak traits and MUs but suck equally. I sometimes think combining the good aspects of two of those characters in to 1 character would make a high tier. Link with C Falcon's mobility/speed/recovery, Bowser with Samus' missiles and Zair, any of them with Links bombs (think of Jiggz with bombs instead of sing), and so on.

Olimar skyrocketed! +6! Yoshi used to be a low tier; he's climbing the ladder. Top Ts Snake and Falco dropped the ball; same goes for Mid Ts Luigi and DK. The tiers are more or less set by now; character might shuffle around in their tier a little and occationally move up or down a tier but I don't predict any huge shake ups in the future. Aside from the MK ban but even without him the tiers are stable.

I don't fully understand why Ness is a tier above Lucas. Ness has some killer setups and more power but his recovery is so limited. Lucas isn't a killing machine like Ness but his recoveries and general movements are much longer and safer. They seem sort of even as a tradeoff.

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
Yoshi used to be a low tier;
The Yoshi(s) from the US don't use the Bneutral so much, however, is a really good move, so, i think Yoshi maybe in middle tier, Yoshi from Europe are a lot better.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I am impressed that you taught yourself English:awesome:; it is a hard language to learn.

Attacks that have grab properties and can be used in the air are good to cover landing because they beat shields.

Yoshi/Link MU would be 5/5 if he couldn't chain grab Link:c. It's 4/6 Yoshi because CGs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNIa7vsMYQ

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I played some Brawl yesterday (I got the game back) and man Link feels so slow after playing Toon Link.

And yeah screw competitive Brawl, at least you'll still have the most important ego boosting thing and that's being able to own all your casual friends. :cool:

As for the Yoshi/Link Matchup that match up is tough even without the chain grab. He's so fast and in your face, eggs are annoying and he takes forever to kill.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^All true.:urg:
Link can barely outspam Yoshi if he moves a lot and dodges eggs in between spamming. Eggs are better on wifi too. A big + that Link has is he can deal with Yoshi's dreaded egg planking. Very few characters can deal with that without Yoshi giving free damage. Link is also good at edge-hogging Yoshi's attempts to mid-air egg stall by the ledge because Link's Zair tether tricks.

Yoshi on stages like FD can be hell because his unmatched air speed, eggs and CG:urg:.

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
I play often vs Yoshi and is about 55:45 for Yoshi (i guess). Just don't get grabbed by Yoshi, btw, Yoshi will not approach easily. The Bneutral is really gay too. And if you read Yoshi comeback on the stage, yoshi is hit often by a Dair.

Top Bottom