• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST Smashfest Wed Aug 26th - The Vro Zone [MELEE]

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Ill most likely be coming tomorrow. I have my smashfest friday so I gotta be good before then.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Its not denying that hes black thats racist its the fact that some people find it necessary to state a persons race before they say the name.

Everything is already screwed over for many people thanks to Bush and his administration..
If anything your blaming a mess on a janitor that has to clean up a mess that the previous janitor left.
Ohh you're right, Bush made such a mess when he took a dictator out of power who is using chemical weapons to perform genocide on some of his own people, funding the people who hijacked planes and flew them into our building on 9/11.

Or yeah Obama is really cleaning up that mess bush made passing a $3 trillion porkulus bill during a recession.

I mean really, when are you going to stop blaming Bush for everything, nothing is getting better so how can you come to the conclusion that Bush is the cause of everything happening?

But I'll stop here because I know Vro doesn't seem to interested in this. I'm going to see if I can get off tomorrow to come to this.

Kochiha Ichihara

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy playing pokemon competitively. I'm serious. You can play online free with Shoddy Battle. Smogon University is a similar place to Smash Boards in that it is the competitive grounds, both in finding a player base and in finding information to becoming the best.

What's most interesting I find about Pokemon is that the game is only rewarding after a few hundred hours of play. This isn't why because what you think tho. When playing online, you don't have to raise or level or train any of your pokemon. Some consider that aspect fun, so I don't recommend Shoddy if that's your tea. My cup is the competitive aspect. You can build any team, with any allowable moveset, with any nature, any EV, any anything. Building a team can be as quick as 10 minutes of you knowing exactly what you want, to team tweaking for up to months at a time. The game is truly rewarding after much research on the forums and analysis pages, and even more rewarding when you win battles online against other people.

Pokemon is also interesting in that a TON of information is taken in by the battling program. Each month statistics come out showing you trends, common movesets, even what pokemon are likely to partner up with what pokemon. In the end, it becomes an enormous game of statistics and metagame knowledge. Hell, with all the data available, forum communication, and daily battling, you can SEE the metagame evolving.

I seriously recommend Shoddy Battle to anyone who has a spare hour each day to devote to a strategy game. It is completely free, and all the information needed to win is available. But just like Smash, the game is most rewarding after countless hours.
I do NOT recommend Shoddy, due to the fact that it's kinda...well, shoddy. And it's powered by Java. If you want some good D/P playing, go with NetBattle Supremacy, the upgraded version of the original NetBattle emulator.

Also, to Mars and Meneks, this is a Smashfest discussion, not a political discussion. Take that kind of stuff elsewhere if you feel like *****ing about it. And yes, I am the real Kochiha; I'm just not using my olde account because I kinda don't have the password for it...and I have a surname now.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Ohh you're right, Bush made such a mess when he took a dictator out of power who is using chemical weapons to perform genocide on some of his own people.
Okay we take out a dictator who was supposedly hurting his own people then we send in the military to **** and kill hundreds of innocent iraqi civilians. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. FYI saddam was not commiting genocide on his own people..

funding the people who hijacked planes and flew them into our building on 9/11.
How did he fund the hijackers? By buying them box cutter knives? HIGHLY doubt it. I call bs on the fact that saddam funded such an act when the twin towers as long as a third building fell at a free fall speed rate.

I mean really, when are you going to stop blaming Bush for everything
You act as if Bush barely did anything wrong during his presidency...
He was an idiot and will forever be known as one of the worst presidents in north american history...FACT

I'll stop blaming him until I have a reason not to blame him for anything...
If anything we don't blame this imbecile enough..

Brawl: designed for people with the kind of minds that elected Chocolate Milk Obama (in other words, designed for extremely degenerative minds that jump at whatever shallow yet visually spectacular source of appeal that jumps at them).

Bottom line: Melee's just too good for the unthinking majority that populates the world today.
Kochiha you're telling me the correct place to post something?
I don't think that was posted in the "stupid" section of the boards...

Practice what you preach..

Mars-

Smash Champion
Okay we take out a dictator who was supposedly hurting his own people then we send in the military to **** and kill hundreds of innocent iraqi civilians. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. FYI saddam was not commiting genocide on his own people..
Lol proof that our troops were ****** civilians? And the amount of accuracy the military can get in their attacks are amazing they can drop a bomb down a chimney, and have it explode just enough to do the minimal amount of damage to the surroundings.

And what saddam was doing would definitely be genocide I will try to find out what the group of people were called but basically to secure his position he would use chemical weapons on his people so they would be too scared to revolt.

How did he fund the hijackers? By buying them box cutter knives? HIGHLY doubt it. I call bs on the fact that saddam funded such an act when the twin towers as long as a third building fell at a free fall speed rate.
It takes more then a bunch of knives to travel to the US, and live there for a couple of years.

You act as if Bush barely did anything wrong during his presidency...
He was an idiot and will forever be known as one of the worst presidents in north american history...FACT

I'll stop blaming him until I have a reason not to blame him for anything...
If anything we don't blame this imbecile enough..
Fact? The only reason you see Bush as an idiot is because your liberal media has been making a big deal about little stuff. Like if Bush says something wrong the media would freak out, how about when obama filibusters(yeah new word look it up) questions, taking 6 minutes to answer something that wasn't asked, or how about how obama can't read a speech unless it is on a TelePrompTer? Or one of my personal favorites:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/michae...ffice-window-door-imagine-if-it-had-been-bush

It really shows how biased the media is.

Worst president? Yeah there is a difference between being popular and being a good president. Don't forget that Abraham Lincoln wasn't exactly a popular president back in his day, and I'm sure people called him the worst president at his time, and now he is considered one of the greatest presidents.

And get the **** out with your "I don't believe this" ****, it's a fact unlike your opinion or your ****ty conspiracy theories..

Vro

Smash Lord
Netbattle is garbage. Shoddy has a better engine and more player info gathered. Any qualms you have will be answered in Shoddy 2, which is hopefully around the corner. I can't wait to venture into double battles.

Rat

Smash Lord
Why are people talking politics? What a terrible idea.

Bush was pretty dumb. Iraq? Seriously? wtf

People still play this game? wtf
it's like 7 years old.

Kochiha Ichihara

Smash Apprentice
"Good"?? That's quite possibly THE most amazing forward smash in the game, man!

Also, ignore Meneks if he tries to talk politics again; it's spam at this point.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Why are people talking politics? What a terrible idea.
This is the best sentence posted in a smash thread.

Seriously, politics in a smash thread.

This is why I hate politics. It even ruins good things like smash.

Meneks

Smash Lord
Lol proof that our troops were ****** civilians?
Sure no problem
http://www.aztlan.net/iraqi_women_raped.htm
the amount of accuracy the military can get in their attacks are amazing they can drop a bomb down a chimney, and have it explode just enough to do the minimal amount of damage to the surroundings.
Yeah but did they do that? No, instead they chose to kill hundreds and unlawfully imprisoned many for crimes they did NOT commit.
The only reason you see Bush as an idiot is because your liberal media has been making a big deal about little stuff.
A bunch of little "stuff" created a big problem...
Its really pathetic how they now think that leaving iraq is a waste and how "alqaeda" is going to take over the oil fields in iraq...
Come on now?
how about when obama filibusters
well apparently they made a big deal out of it since they made a new word for him...
As far as conspiracy goes the news is definitely biased and you definitely aren't getting the full story for your moneys worth..

@kochiha You stand on no solid ground to tell people to ignore me being the fact that the only thing that results from your typing is ignoramus comments that stand on no specific ground..
You also excluded the fact that mars is talking politics yet you single me out as the spammer...
You are an idiot.
@tomacawk good one

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
@kochiha You stand on no solid ground to tell people to ignore me being the fact that the only thing that results from your typing is ignoramus comments that stand on no specific ground..
You also excluded the fact that mars is talking politics yet you single me out as the spammer...
You are an idiot.
i think what you meant to say was

"kochiha, you got in a fight with your one armed dad at a tournament and nobody will ever forget."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUN-A3bvw24

Meneks

Smash Lord
i think what you meant to say was

"kochiha, you got in a fight with your one armed dad at a tournament and nobody will ever forget."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUN-A3bvw24
How did you know?

talk about pathetic...

Fighting your parents is just....wrong
especially in that scenario...

In any case..

I don't judge people on their opinions in politics.
I don't dislike people on their opinions of politics either..
Its the actions that give reason to dislike a person...
Fighting a handicapped person is one of those actions.

john!

Smash Hero
Yeah Kochiha, we are all going to judge you for an act that happened years ago and that was totally unrelated to smash, because none of us have ever done anything bad in our lives. Sorry, man. ;)

Meneks

Smash Lord
Yeah Kochiha, we are all going to judge you for an act that happened years ago and that was totally unrelated to smash, because none of us have ever done anything bad in our lives. Sorry, man. ;)
I'm sure most of us have the sanity not to inflict damage upon a person who raised, fed and clothed us.

Zjiin

Smash Master
What the hell is wrong with all of you?

Anyways, i might be coming as long as i can catch a ride with someone in my area. I'll do some calls in a few. How many peeps are gonna show for this? (i'm not about to read the whole thread)

Zicore

Smash Champion
Yes, NONE of us have ever had an argument that has gotten out of hand with our parents during our teenage years. Ever. Way to go above and beyond Kochiha, you over-achieving *******.

I really hate trolls that don't know how to troll.

and Zjiin, to answer your question...there are lots wrong with these people.

Kels88

Smash Lord
This is not getting good. I wish people would stop bringing all this political bull**** to the boards.

Edit: Okay Vro I'll just update everything in my previous posts from now on.

john!

Smash Hero
Yes, NONE of us have ever had an argument that has gotten out of hand with our parents during our teenage years. Ever. Way to go above and beyond Kochiha, you over-achieving *******.

I really hate trolls that don't know how to troll.

and Zjiin, to answer your question...there are lots wrong with these people.
Wait, me trolling? You said the same thing I did...

Anyway, most of you should be lucky that you have tolerant parents.

Be there in a little while. :)

Top Bottom