• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last 3 DLC Char speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
So, anybody got any theories on what the last 3 chars of the Fighter's Passes could be?

On a side note: I don't know if this counts as a theory, but since Sakurai stated that all chars will be released by the end of 2021, I'm thinking maybe the final fighter should be a character that fits a Christmas theme (not sure which one, though).

UndonePuzzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProfLayton001
Honestly? There's a lot of evidence pinpointing one or none of them will be Nintendo characters.

The majority of companies that are represented have strong relationships with Nintendo (like Atlus, Rare, some more leeway with Square-Enix). Not out of the ordinary to suggest other companies are going to get the same treatment.

But Nintendo have more fruitful relationships with other companies. Ubisoft, for example. Koei Tecmo, Level-5, Capcom. If I were to be as realistic as I can, I think Koei Tecmo will pick a character. I know a lot of people are rooting for Ryu Hayabusa, but I wouldn't rule out Kasumi from Dead or Alive. I believe the franchise director said if he could choose any of his characters, he'd select Kasumi. Without hesitating.

The next character will almost certainly be announced quietly. You can't exactly top Sephiroth, so Fighter #9 will probably be revealed the day after they announce their reveal and won't be tied to an event. Fighter #10 might be a similar story.

The final character would be huge. Someone completely surpassing expectations, a full on break-Twitter character that makes Ridley's, Steve's and Sephiroth's reveal look tame. Nintendo doesn't want another Corrin/Byleth situation again. I was guessing Master Chief from Halo, but I'm second-guessing that now he's in Fortnite. For all we know, it could be a Fortnite character or maybe Waluigi. Something shocking.

If the character's company is getting on well with Nintendo they've got a shot. I'd be chuffed to see Rayman, Crash, Professor Layton (obviously), maybe an indie rep like Hollow Knight. Or maybe someone completely out of left-field like Gordon Freeman. But that's just my fanboy side talking.

Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Crash: Just because it seems so obvious. The only detractor is that I feel like it would have already happened by now. Regardless, I still think he has a very good chance.

Dr. Eggman: After Sephiroth, the odds of 3rd party villains all just went up. Eggman could bring a unique fighting style with his mechs and would be more representation for the notoriously poor represented sonic series.

Kratos: This is my wildcard pick. I know it seems impossible but so did dozens of other fighters at one point. With two Microsoft reps, and Kratos recently joining fortnite, I think Sony may see the value in adding one of if not the most iconic character in their possession. Not to mention, I just think he would be really cool haha.

Honorable Mentions: Doomslayer, Rayman and Waluigi. All of these characters have demand, but there just isn't as much evidence as the others for them to be my likely picks.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'm trying to think who the BIGGEST name in game is that isn't already in Smash.

Lara Croft, Scorpion, and Master Chief are the three that come to mind. Those are the three that seem to support the most hype. I don't expect to get all of them (but it would be nice.)

Of course, this being Nintendo and how they love their retro stuff, I can see them ending with Jumpman, the Popeye looking Mario from the first Donkey Kong game. That would be a hoot as well (especially if he didn't play anything like classic Mario.)

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
These are my guesses?

Klonoa (Klonoa) 2nd namco rep
Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Crash or Spyro
A Nintendo character
A villain character
Someone completely unexpected

But at this point who knows who will be added in until the next reveal so all we can do is just wait and see.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that we'll see (in no particular order) one last first party, a character who's huge but uncommon in speculation, and a big-name request.

Examples of each would be Bandana Waddle Dee, Reimu from Touhou, and Crash Bandicoot.

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
Honestly it's really hard to speculate who it will be since Masahiro "I Was Counting in Binary" Sakurai is a mad lad that you can never predict the actions of.

My safest guess at this point is Lloyd Irving, if just because the planets are starting to align for the Tales anniversary which happens to roll around right about the same time Fighter 9 could be revealed, and his voice actor Scott Menville has yet to clarify his Non-Disclosure Agreement, though that could just be a freak coincidence.

Fighter 10 is going to probably be someone big, especially if they're planning on E3 coming back in 2021. Crash Bandicoot or Kratos come to mind as far as characters that would shock and set the world on fire like Banjo and Steve did in 2018 and (what I presume would had been during E3 had it not been for the pandemic) in 2019.

If Lloyd doesn't end up as a fighter, I could potentially see them ending the pass with KOS-MOS as Fighter 11, as I think Sakurai would want to end the making of this game with one big thank you to Namco for their partnership... just a thought.

I could also see Nintendo wanting to add a Zelda rep to promote their biggest upcoming game Breath of The Wild 2. Considering how much they promoted the four BOTW champions during the time of that game's release it wouldn't surprise me if one of them got added. I think I'd give the most credit to Mipha being the most popular of them.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
They will all be big names, or names surprising enough to sell as many copies of DLCs as possible. So no Dixie, Waluigi, Shantae and the likes.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
March: Monster Hunter.
June (E3): Jonesy.
September (muh birthday!): Crash Bandicoot

Deluxe Mii Costumes: Rayman (Brawler), Viewtiful Joe (Brawler), Shovel Knight (Swordfighter), Professor Layton (Swordfighter), Crono (Swordfighter), Dr. Cortex (Gunner).

Fighter's Pass Volume 3 announced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom