• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Cruces Gaming Convention - Get Ranked! - Las Cruces, NM, October 16 and 17

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
id tell you guys what happened exactly, but i didnt show up...
as far as i know, the tourney did happen...
melee had around 15 entrants and brawl had 20ish...
no "pros" went or OOSers...
just local people showed up.
i dont think anything was recorded, but dont quote me on it...
id suggest waiting for rpg to post the results...

Dekar173

Justice Man
id tell you guys what happened exactly, but i didnt show up...
as far as i know, the tourney did happen...
melee had around 15 entrants and brawl had 20ish...
no "pros" went or OOSers...
just local people showed up.
i dont think anything was recorded, but dont quote me on it...
id suggest waiting for rpg to post the results...
You are pointless.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm guessing this tourney didn't happen?

GJ lying again cruces, you guys are amazing. You do the Melee scene proud.
meh what i find dumber is that melee got moved to saturday which made it impossible for everyone to go to anything, abq didn't care about showing up and el paso couldnt cause brawl got moved to sunday.

If brawl had been on saturday me and lui would have been at your house friday night kid napped you brought you over here then taken you back sunday, we wouldnt even care about your johns for not being able to come

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Here's the Results

Super Smash Bros. Melee

1 = Mario "RPGfan" (Falco)

2 = Marco (Sheik/Zelda)

3 = Joe (Peach)

4 = Shawnee "Pinkchukks" (Peach)

5 = Manuel

6 = Jonathan

7 = Joe Rivera "Baby J"

8 = Alex

9 = Robert

10 = Steven

11 = Jesse "Jes"

12 = Jarred

13 = Lorenzo

14 = Matthew "Cho" (Marth)

15 = Omar

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

1 = Mario "RPGfan" (Fox/Toon Link)

2 = Marco (Meta Knight)

3 = Chris (Capt. Olimar)

4 = Robert (Pikachu)

5 = DJ "Scooby" (Fox/Diddy Kong)

6 = Amed (Marth)

7 = Karisa (Ness)

8 = Lorenzo "NyaFall"

9 = Adam "Aishar"

10 = Omar "FixableAsteroid"

11 = Joe

12 = John "Madboomer"

13 = Joe Rivera "Baby J"

14 = Steven "Swen"

15 = Jesse "Jes"

16 = Ben "Gimron"

I took both tourneys, and if anyone and I mean anyone would have come, you would have given me a good challenge. Even one of our own, ShadowPhoenix didn't go... because his way of thinking was: "If no one from ABQ or El Paso is going, then I'm not going."

That's the same stupid excuse you all came up with, shame on you, we could have had twice as many people for these 2 tourneys. And how much did I win? 200 bucks.
second got 100, third got 50, and 4th got 25.

We had some donations from our sponsors, but it wasn't until that very day that I would find out exactly how much it would be.

So you'll come next time?

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Shame on us? If you had given us (e.g. Neil and I) any indication of how many people were going, how many sponsors you had, or really any indication that the tournament wouldn't be straight up cancelled (which we only worried about because last time that happened to people who went down from Abq to one of your tournaments) we would have come. Instead you made exaggerations like "so many pros are coming." Neil and I did not want to make a 3 hour trip to play each other all day if the one other person (RPGFan obv) would be running the tournament all day.
Next time, be straight with us on who is going. I would have gone if I was sure that more than like 5 people were going to enter Melee.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Agreed. Had I known that melee would have had even a decent turn out I would have made a little more effort. I had an exam the next day so I figured that spending my day playing 3 or 4 people wasn't worth the time I could be spending studying and working.

If you think that it's because we were scared in any way then by all means I will money match you for whatever number you can put in front of a dollar symbol. But making the trip out there was not worth the time I spent studying for school.

host another tourney with a guaranteed pot bonus or guaranteed entrants (like we discussed via texts a while back) and we'd make the effort.

As well you shouldn't host brawl tourneys on days MLG is hosting a tourney, just a tip for ya.

And ShadowPhoenix, shame on you for not going to your own tourney.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
And ShadowPhoenix, shame on you for not going to your own tourney.
did i john about not going?

no...

the melee tourney started at 7pm... i wasnt gonna pay a venue fee for maybe 2 hours...
and i saw the whole "their players didnt go even if it was 2 minutes away" thing you said...
i live about an hour away from the venue... dont make assumptions...
i had no excuses for not going...
i simply didnt go...
i dont see why thats a problem...

Instead you made exaggerations like "so many pros are coming.".
this didnt help convincing me to go either >.>

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I apologize then. Still though, it was a melee tourney in your own city.

Well as always take this as whatever learning experience you can. Start tourneys earlier, never on Sunday, and best of luck to the players.

Good job to RPG for winning. Hopefully I'll get to play you guys soon to see how much you've improved.

Top Bottom