• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAMBCHOPS VS CHADDD!! legendary tourney set.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Ganon's space animal chain grab is a bit difficult don't you think? There's a reason why you don't see Ganon players chain grabbing space animals all over the place.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
hey Lambchops. Ive seen some of you matches against Linguini, and he seemed to handle you much better. his timing was always perfect to interrupd your recovery.

I dont know, chaddd owns the ganon ditto and this is important, it can show that you know more about your own character then anybody else.

but thats only half the game. knowing what the other charcters are going to do is the other half.
I think Linguini, for example, knows falco better then anybody else. so while I love Chaddd I would contest the claim that he is flat out the best ganon out there.

PS, in case your wondering why i havent updated the archive with this vid, im having some technical issues editing the first page.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Gat Dangit! I cant edit any of my posts!

anyways, i was just going to say that Chaddd might have just been off this tournament, because in this match, almost all of his edgeguard attempts were either premature, or the wrong move.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
I dont know, chaddd owns the ganon ditto and this is important, it can show that you know more about your own character then anybody else.
No it doesn't. It just showcases your ability to Ganon ditto.

-SynikaL

chaddd

Smash Lord
Wow. hahahahaha.

Guys, have you ever seen higher level players play friendlies for an extended period of time? This was ONE set, and you guys are telling me what I need to do to my style? Please save your "advice".

Also, if you'd like I could ask phanna about those Falco dittos I beat Chops in. He may have been sandbagging, but I guess the existence of a video doesn't allow people to question the other variables.

My Ganon is trash. Besides, a mid-tier vs a high tier and I'm still running close. So where are you all coming from.

But good stuff to Chops, I need more practice at avoiding all that shield pressure, but after losing to hungrybox, my moral was a little lacking. :(

Renth

Smash Hero
what the heck is wrong with ganons now?? why they dont edgeguard with vulture kick??, and man chaddd why didnt you chaingrabbed hm its way better than just a jab.
LOLOLOL are you serious you try chain grabbing a space animal, let me know how it goes.

hey Lambchops. Ive seen some of you matches against Linguini, and he seemed to handle you much better.
That might be because Lambchops and Linguini play each other a lot.

Gat Dangit! I cant edit any of my posts!

anyways, i was just going to say that Chaddd might have just been off this tournament, because in this match, almost all of his edgeguard attempts were either premature, or the wrong move.
lol, first off we all make mistakes. Chaddd wasn't off it's just the way the things go. All of his edge guards were premature or the wrong move, man you can't be perfect all the time don't be so quick to judge son.

Wow. hahahahaha.

Guys, have you ever seen higher level players play friendlies for an extended period of time? This was ONE set, and you guys are telling me what I need to do to my style? Please save your "advice".

Also, if you'd like I could ask phanna about those Falco dittos I beat Chops in. He may have been sandbagging, but I guess the existence of a video doesn't allow people to question the other variables.

My Ganon is trash. Besides, a mid-tier vs a high tier and I'm still running close. So where are you all coming from.

But good stuff to Chops, I need more practice at avoiding all that shield pressure, but after losing to hungrybox, my moral was a little lacking. :(
Okay, Chaddd I don't want to hear this high vs. mid tier crap. You love your ganon and have made it so you've learned every match up to the point where tiers don't bother you as much. Don't mind losing to hungrybox, the kid beats everybody, myself and chops included.

No one should be getting crap for losing to chops. The kids falco is on crack it's all good.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I love how these two talked **** back and forth for months on the boards, then actually get to meet and play and are suddenly best bros. It's like you can't actually hate chaddd one you hang out with him in person, he's too goofy and white.
and beastly

chaddd

Smash Lord
well if he would have acted like he does in the boards IRL I would have **** talk him all day at gigabits I was just waiting for it lol but he was a nice guy and respected me so I respected him back.
DATS WHAT DA INTERNET'S 4 DOOD. BEING OBNOXIOUS. YEAH!!!!!11!!!!1!1!

...Unless you're XIF, then you can say whatever you want about anyone, anywhere, because we all know what you're really thinking.

lol.

Also, appreciate the tips, dood.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
wow, touch-E.

I Know nobody is perfect, I know everybody makes mistakes. I know chaddd still ***** face. I know not getting 4stocked by either of those falco pros is an accomplishment let alone taking them stock for stock.

I was just saying that he wasnt so hot in the match i posted. and im right, I could go back and count the # of opportunities for a successful edguard the # of times he initiated a successful edgeguard...

If I did this for all of chaddd's matches vs falco and averaged the numbers together, and if i did the same thing for Linguini, I would be willing to bet that Linguini's number would be lower.

I belive the vids are more quantifiable then most believe.

However I did not know that Linguini and Lambchops played often, that is a variable i would not be able to account for.

Anyways on a more positive note:
Chaddd, you are a beast, bla bla, gift to all other ganons, bla bla bla, *insert other complement that you have heard a thousand times, know to be true, does not help you at all, but is the only type of comment you seem interested in hearing from an unknown,, bla bla bla*.

PS
nobody should blow off chain-grabbing falco as a possibility. Jesus, has everybody forgotten Magus? he needs to get his *** to tournaments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsNbCkzRF-s

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
actually, I belive that chaingrab was done during a tournament match. (not quite sure why that chaingrabbing guide was unstickied.)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
wow, touch-E.

If I did this for all of chaddd's matches vs falco and averaged the numbers together, and if i did the same thing for Linguini, I would be willing to bet that Linguini's number would be lower.

Why are you comparing Linguini and Chaddd? Stop.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I wasnt trying to compare the two pros in a "who is untamantly better" type of way, those conversations are pointless, impossible to prove, and get peoples feathers ruffeled.
But I do belive it is worthy to compare specifics, like which players edgegaurding style works best against a certian charcter. this way we can actually learn from vids by identifing what works best, where mistakes were made, ect...

Magus420

Smash Master
In tournament I usually use Peach against Falco unless my Ganon gets counterpicked with him since my Peach is about as good as my Ganon. That was from a friendly (a lot of them). While I don't try to CG starting from ~20-30 anymore, it is what I do once they reach 60-65 and then usually finish with an f-tilt in the 110-130 range (I techchase with forward-b/d-smash or jab regrab at really low dmg until then). I'm comfortable enough doing it for that dmg range that I use it if I do play the matchup in tournament and am decently warmed up.

Fox I CG pretty well from 80+, but I'm not good enough at it that I would definitely use it in an important match yet. His is also very hard to finish when they DI behind when I decide to go for the tilt (I don't find it possible to make a decision in time based on where they DI, so it's either decide to go for the grab where they go or tilt where they go beforehand).

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
chadd was playing his best he wasnt off his game especailly when he played me right after beating colbol. but yea linguini adapts,keeps pressure on falco better and edgegaurds falco better I played chadd both in friendlies and tourney. but I have to admit chadd ***** foxes. he's mad good at manipulating fox

Renth

Smash Hero
Anyways on a more positive note:
Chaddd, you are a beast, bla bla, gift to all other ganons, bla bla bla, *insert other complement that you have heard a thousand times, know to be true, does not help you at all, but is the only type of comment you seem interested in hearing from an unknown,, bla bla bla*.
So by the looks of things you think compliments where people say he is good at the game, are the only thing that matter to him and won't help.

In response to that you deside to compare him to Linguini over and over which will help him... right?

(Not that he wants your help anyway)

chaddd

Smash Lord
People win games, people lose games. I guess it takes something about being a higher level player to realize that matches don't end up online because they're amazing, they end up online because they happened to be recorded. Chops destroyed me in this set, it happens. No johns, no more discussion.

Someone please close this thread if that's really all it's becoming.

Once again, Chops is a beast.

Chexr

Smash Ace
I dont think gannon has any moves that make it possible to win a match up like that. There isnt anything you can do about it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I dont think gannon has any moves that make it possible to win a match up like that. There isnt anything you can do about it.
Ok, lets look at this movement by movement.
keep in mind that the following is an unbiased look at how far away you are from perfect and that NOBODY can undergo this kind of analisis without "perfect control"

at 0:10 he could have eithe WDed forward so his angled Dtilt was in range, or have stopmped him for the stock.
at 0:34 and 0:37 a stock could have been taken with a chadddtastic Fair.
at 1:05 two failed Lcanceled Bairs in a row. (im not sure if the Uair after was Lcanceled or not, but I dont think it was.)
at 0:28 a stomp would have hit, instead he threw out a Nair.
2:53 was asking for the Fsmash, should have grabbed the ledge and risked the drill.
at 3:12 there was an empt dash attack when it could have been a free Bair.
3:32, could have thrown out a jab here, guini style.
3:33, im surprised he didnt punish with a Dsmash for rolling into him.
3:39 a roll into the edge of a platform? why would you ever do that? spot-dodge instead if you must.
3:44 as magus mentioned, Dthrow to a tilt is much perferable to a jab imo, but you always do this, so i may be mistaken here.
3:45 Im pretty sure you could have seen the roll in time to whip out the Bair. followed by an edgeguard.
4:05 again, no reason to wait to see which way falco was gonna fly, he was close enough for a chaddddtastic Fair even before his upB got to go at a significant angle.
4:16 see above, there was plenty of time for the fist of death here.
5:11 Ok, you didnt just tech roll into him here, you just plain rolled into him, out of the blue.
5:18 Another failed L-cancel.

That was more then I expected, and I still may have missed a few.
I like to do this kind of analysis every once in a while, It really does help everyone who watches the vids to ask themselves what should have been done in that instance.
However, When Lambchops starts ****** you, and you lose all control, there is not a daamn thing you can do about except to call him daddy in the hopes that he will get off and finish early.

PS
I really hope you read all of that chaddd, I really think some that stuff could help you get near perfection. more of your perfect Fair edguarding and... I mean, your still **** sexy, but nobody is above improvement, even if its off of advice from an unknown... whatever, best of luck.

Top Bottom