• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lactose Overdose Befalls Stupid Teen Eager to Rest - LOBSTER4 - February 21st - Maine

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'de love to go to this if someone from CT is going and can drive me =] i'm in northern central CT, ellington. any takers?!

Banks

Smash Hero
i can't believe the maine vs norcal vid missed me beasting falcomist on FD and dazwa rapin face

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Darc, we should fight. Right now. You and me, final destination, no items. In real life.

Edit: I found a flaw. Final Destination is not a spot in real life.

We shall fight on the roof of a random building and pretend it's final destination.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Mushroom mushroom.

Alright, but you forgot "FOX ONLY"

We'll have to used gutted foxes as boxing gloves.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any foxes...

All right. I guess they don't count as items.

Edit: Snake in Brawl joke too easy to make, passing up opportunity.

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
Revive this almighty thread CAUSE ITS IN MAINE
also are you finalizing the tourney name soon? i vote for Banks suggestion, it was too much ownage.

C.Awesum

Smash Cadet
Probably Trevor, since idk anyone else who'd team with me and dustin+dylan always team, so sure :p

Hoser

Smash Ace
If I can find a ride, or get a new car before then, I'll be there. Especially if Pirate Ship isn't banned this time. >.>

xAgent Mainex

Smash Rookie
Ugh, but Biddeford is sooo far... ugh, we'll see.

Spring break starts 1 weekend later, you think you could get more people if you waited?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
There's a tourney in Massachusetts that week D:

Btw ZesuBen, I'm assuming this will be the deal

Doors open at 11
Signups from 12-1
Brawl Doubles and Singles
Break
Melee Singles

Should go to about 9 or so

Prices should be this

$10 Brawl singles
$10 or $20 per team for brawl doubles
$10 Melee singles

These aren't final though so lolol.

Also, Agent Maine, where do you reside?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Spring break starts 1 weekend later, you think you could get more people if you waited?
There's another tournament that weekend in Massachusetts that I'm attending and thus I couldn't possibly run this one that weekend. Sorry :(

Darc's guessing on the details for the tournament is mostly right, I'll get on the main post sometime tonight.

xAgent Mainex

Smash Rookie
There's a tourney in Massachusetts that week D:

Btw ZesuBen, I'm assuming this will be the deal

Doors open at 11
Signups from 12-1
Brawl Doubles and Singles
Break
Melee Singles

Should go to about 9 or so

Prices should be this

$10 Brawl singles
$10 or $20 per team for brawl doubles
$10 Melee singles

These aren't final though so lolol.

Also, Agent Maine, where do you reside?

I'm at UMaine: Orono (like, 2.5 hours away). Its actually pretty ironic on my part, my actual house is in North Berwick, which is only about 30 mins out of Biddeford. Which is why it would be nice If the date changed, but it was just a suggestion. If Mass is having a tourney the weekend of the 28th, I understand not doing it then. Just would have been cool to just go to the tourney to start my spring break. Im ranting, time to stop...

:p

EDIT: Darc, who is that in your sig?

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite excited... Though could you update the main post with all the official prices, Dazwa? :p

Armus

Smash Cadet
Somebody should teach me how to play Melee Marth and/or Falcon while I'm there.

I'm hooked on Melee now, because of these tournies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Main post updated, keep in mind that both games are going to use the Stage Strike System. If anyone doesn't know how it works...

Game 1's stage is determined by striking the neutrals until 1 remain. Stages are struck in a 121212 order, where player "1" and player "2" are determined by the winner of a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. If anyone wants a demonstration on how it works, I'll be glad to show an easy way to do it. You can just go into the random select menu and set neutrals to "OFF," thus signifying they're struck.

There might be objections to this system (I thought it was unnecessarily complicated at first), but after playing with it at CoT4, I have nothing but good things to say about it, and I want to try it out for Melee as well. Rather then going to a random stage, both players play on a stage they agree to be neutral for their specific matchup.

It'll be a permanent fixture for Brawl, but for Melee it may not stay, depending on the response from tournament-goers.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to put as my 7th stage in Brawl, but if the objections to Rainbow Cruise in Melee are the majority, the other option is Kongo Jungle 64.

Top Bottom