• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KrazyKirbyKid's Character Match-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Rapid Assassin brings up a good point that I want to address. When you run the numbers, it doesn't make sense that one of the lowest rated characters can be on such even ground with a large majority of other characters. Its contray to what we have with the tier list.

But remember the tier list is just a dry set of statistics, measuring the probability of advantages one character has over another. The list really his very quasi in state and holds as much truth proportional to the amount of faith you have it the system's supositions.

What is a character to character "advantage" anyway? At this most basic its the result of two or more similar instances that favors of one party (the hit, knockback, damage) over the other. Kirby and Marth go for a F-Air, and most instances Marth's air beats Kirby's. Advantage Marth, Kirby is teh suck! This is the tier list, just dry statistics.

The problem though is we don't play against these black and white advantages(after all they are set in stone why fight against something you can't best?). We play against an opponent. Not only that but we play with the assumption that the oppnent will try to maximize his chances of winning and will try to use set tactics and strats and there by maximizing his advantages. Marth's sword will always be Marth's sword but its up to the Marth player to be the swordsman. Kirby suckiness will awlway be Kirby's suckiness but is up to the Kirby play be the puffball and try to minimize the oppnents advantage and to maximize his.

We are play as swordsmen or as puffballs. Not Marth or Kirby.

Marth's Air beats Kirby's air? Then only attack when you know you can hit him.
Math's grab combos are dangerous? Then don't get grabbed.
Math's like to swing his sword around to space you. Any sword that isn't hitting you is of no concern to you.
Math's tippers kill easily? Then don't get tipped.

It all sounds like "no dur" types of solutions but thats how the game is played. We are humans that play with flaws. KirbyKid isn't playing to statistics, hes playing to the current level of play of various characters. Hes analized and has come up with ways to exploit HOLES in other peopes games. Having to play Kirby for so long he was forced to think and play the game differntly than someone who was born and raised on tiers.

Thats why he has so many characters on an even playing field. Not because Kirby is good but because he plays him well against them.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Thats why he has so many characters on an even playing field. Not because Kirby is good but because he plays him well against them.
Seconded. This list really isn't an accurate representation of how Kirby does against other characters, but more of a representation of how this player does against the people he's played. Kirby has very few statistical advantages against other characters, but skill >>> tiers. So if you are an awesome player playing against a bad player, the awesome player will win regardless of tiers. If you win with Kirby against Samus (or any other statistically unfavorable matchup) that doesn't mean that Kirby is statistically better, that means you are a better player. So, more power to you.

Yokoson

Smash Journeyman
Rapid_Assassin said:
Seconded. This list really isn't an accurate representation of how Kirby does against other characters, but more of a representation of how this player does against the people he's played. Kirby has very few statistical advantages against other characters, but skill >>> tiers. So if you are an awesome player playing against a bad player, the awesome player will win regardless of tiers. If you win with Kirby against Samus (or any other statistically unfavorable matchup) that doesn't mean that Kirby is statistically better, that means you are a better player. So, more power to you.

Whoa there. You shouldn't make this a case of who's the better player. KirbyKid has a favorable win/lose record against some of the most famous in Smash and I bet you'd be pretty hesitant to say hes better than some of them. Being better is subjective. It'd be more accurate to say (like I've said before) that KK played the match up better than his opponent.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think it's just because nobody can play Kirby like the Terrell brothers. They can't understand the suave stylings of FloMo.

And yeah, MLG Dallas is where it's at, SOS and I are gonna **** in teams.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
First off I'd like to thank DoH for bringing this topic to my attention :).

This probably should be stickied just for how little sense the first post makes to those who have led their lives KrazyKirbyKid-less up to this point (and quite tragically so I might add).

And I'd have to agree with most of the matchups except I think Fox should have his own "Impossible to Win Unless You Get Really Lucky on MK2" category.

But yeah, don't try to understand KKK, just understand that he knows what he's talking about in more ways than our minds can possibly comprehend :dizzy:

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm not a seasoned Kirby player, but i did retire from him a few months ago. From my own experience fighting my main rival's Jigglypuff, our battles seemed to be VERY close consistently.

If you can take the battle to the air, and dip and counter w/ an UpAir, jigs really is toast. Its aerial KO move, that is reasonable to hit w/ good mindgames. Jigs on the other hands, doesn't have that luxury in the air. And neither of them should have many opportunities to smash attack on teh ground. With our battles anyway, they pirmarily stayed in the air.
As jigs stereotypically moves back and forth w/ approaching b./f.airs, kirby at least beats her on the reach, if he can time his attacks right. I don't think its in kirby's favor, but he deffinately can hold his own defensively.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Bowser --> Seriously.... one move..... BOWSWER BREATH. Bowswer can't jump around it or roll through it. Once kirby gets these powers (which is an extremely easy task) it's burn for the win. Forward tilt bowswer off the edge and BOWSWER BREATH. Back throw and BOWSER BREATH.
wow. thats some pretty impressive anti-bowser strategy.

*head asplodes*

EDIT: this entire thing is horrible and ancient, why did it get revived again?

kirby_jim

Smash Cadet
quick question here: do the kirby up-tilts really go through falco's drill? i play a falco all the time and i've never tried that...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
EDIT: this entire thing is horrible and ancient, why did it get revived again?
lol, I was thinking the same thing. The thread is pretty bad and makes Kirby look like a decent character >___> I wish KKK was like NEO and bash his low tier main.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it doesn't make kirby look like a decent characcter itmakes kkk look like an idiot lol

look at the marth advice and where he is placed its horrible lol

ancient stuff that shouldn't be revived XD

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
it doesn't make kirby look like a decent characcter itmakes kkk look like an idiot lol

look at the marth advice and where he is placed its horrible lol

ancient stuff that shouldn't be revived XD

It makes me look like an idiot. :psycho: like this? :dizzy: or this?

There's no more point.

Points there are no more. Kirby sucks. But bowser is even worse.

I'm going to say this and this shall be the end of it all.... I bet I can beat the worlds best bowser... NO... I bet I can beat the 3 world's best boswers on a team against me. I heard of the bowser challenge where you try to survive. I'll beat that challenge.

How's that for the KockyKirbyKid?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This is a KrazyKirbyKid match-up list, not a general Kirby list. He even says so in the first post. So, everyone is correct.

-------------

<3 Gimpy for making me respect Boozer.

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is a KrazyKirbyKid match-up list, not a general Kirby list. He even says so in the first post. So, everyone is correct.

-------------

<3 Gimpy for making me respect Boozer.
Actually, you.... you are not correct. ;)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
since now, this thread should be closed... but i'm not going to close it. there should be a new thread made for character matchups, this advice is ancient and no longer applies.

Bowser > kirby overall btw ;P

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Gratz, Gimpy!

Anyway, we should let this thread go back into the depths of the Kirby board. I like the idea of a single topic for character matchup discussion, so we, as Kirby players, can try to come up with reasonable matchup ratings, advice for different matchups, and whatnot. Get everyones opinion before coming to a conclusion.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well honestly i just think i new thread should be made for this discussion, make a new one so i can close this one XD

EDIT: post in the other thread, this thread's information is useless with todays improved gameplay standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom