• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It's not a bandwagon because I've thought about this for about a year. Game is less fun. Simple as that. Labeling my choice as a bandwagon is also ********.

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Hey guys, I'm a [relatively] new Pit main from Sydney. I joined the scene back in July, and have finally got around to the Pit boards so I thought I'd say hi.

Obviously, being new, I'm still learning so I'm not as good as most of you, but I'm improving quickly =).

So far I've been to 3 tournaments. In July I came last in the amateur bracket after two close sets, but then placed 9th of 25 in the main bracket, which I know is great for a debut tournament, though to be honest I got quite lucky with my bracket placement. In September I placed 9th of 17 in both the main and mid-tier brackets after losing a few very close sets. Just a few days ago, I managed to place 5th of 18, and I felt I earned it after a few tough opponents. I ended up losing to the same guy twice, which is always disappointing.

Unfortunately, so far I haven't had any matches recorded else I would share them. Hopefully I can bug people to actually set up their recorders next time >.>

Well that's about all I can think of to say for now, looking forward to lurking these boards =)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Don't touch it, it's a trap, and it isn't funny. I so want to burn that ugly fat poptart cat thing...

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Hey guys, I'm a [relatively] new Pit main from Sydney. I joined the scene back in July, and have finally got around to the Pit boards so I thought I'd say hi.

Obviously, being new, I'm still learning so I'm not as good as most of you, but I'm improving quickly =).

So far I've been to 3 tournaments. In July I came last in the amateur bracket after two close sets, but then placed 9th of 25 in the main bracket, which I know is great for a debut tournament, though to be honest I got quite lucky with my bracket placement. In September I placed 9th of 17 in both the main and mid-tier brackets after losing a few very close sets. Just a few days ago, I managed to place 5th of 18, and I felt I earned it after a few tough opponents. I ended up losing to the same guy twice, which is always disappointing.

Unfortunately, so far I haven't had any matches recorded else I would share them. Hopefully I can bug people to actually set up their recorders next time >.>

Well that's about all I can think of to say for now, looking forward to lurking these boards =)
Welcome. Nice to see new Pit mains joining the ranks. :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Welcome, and I have a thought of wanting a new sig and avy. I have that dark feeling.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Still mad I didn't get top 16 (for a badge) because of me losing to a stupid G&W, then got tier'd the rest of the 5+ games, excluding ugly Luigi who I couldn't beat, making me lose like 70-80 points... -_-

Remind me to say "MK and Diddy need to die" later on, please.

link2702

Smash Champion
man what the hell is wrong with you admirLOL?

diddy kong vs pit is like the most fun matchup in the game, win or lose, its one of the very few matchups that are actually fun to play in brawl.

only ones better are ganon vs C.falcon or ganon and cf dittos.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not even gonna argue with that guy anymore... I know he's doing this on purpose. In fact, he (almost) always comes here only to annoy me anyways...

Speaking of which, Atomsk and I had an intense Pit v D3 set a few days back, and it was simply brutal, with pressure on both ends, him to me more often. It was to the point where you'd see me on the ledge literally most of the time, casually looking for the right time. I think it was BF first, FD 2nd, then Frigate (keep in mind that we were under Apex rules, so I couldn't use my Brinstar).
It was that last match where it was all difficult. Just waiting for the right moment to approach, he lives at like 250%+ first stock, and I already lost one of my stocks a while ago. Then after a while we had 1 stock each, with the timer going away. Soon, after being forced to camp mode, I noticed that timer being about like 2 minutes which made me feel stressed, since I know I was gonna be over the LGL. Earlier on, I literally could not get back on the stage without some form of punishment. It was either B-air to the face, being grabbed, or just taking a lot of damage even if I was able to stay on for a bit. It really annoys me because some troublemakers say that all I do is camp and lack close-ranged skills and such.

With 1 minute left, we both were in killing range, carefully watching each other's moves, waiting for the right opening, and yes, I was still at the ledge and I think the stage flipped. I believe I was able to land a hit, then I just chose to close in, as the timer was ending. Pressure on both of us, him more than me since the timer was in his favor, and I can't remember what we did then, but I barely pulled it off with 150% on last stock. I may hate top tiers, but this is one set that I actually enjoyed, as it tested my skills and how patient I could be, and plus he wasn't no ordinary D3 either. I may have forgotten some of the details, but Vex did tell me he did watch it, so he could probably tell you more bout it. I'm looking forward to playing Atomsk again, but I have a feeling that he'll get me next time.
And this joke ladder has the stages back, for those who want to go there. I can sense more pocket MKs, though.

As for the Diddy issue earlier, let's just say I won against one of em only because of that Halberd claw. I still hate him, though, and I still need some recorded matches of me fighting, and feel a weakness against some lower tiers.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
If you went brinstar on Atomsk, odds are he would do brinstar. Good job winning though.

For the joke ladder, I'm going all Pit, but without arrows to work on my CQC and such. My first match I took an olimar to game 3 last hit, but still lost. It's hard getting camped when you have no projectile yourself, I feel sorry for characters like that lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wouldn't go easy on that big-nosed ******, for they're simply annoying. Maybe I do lack a bit of close range, or hate some MUs, but going all-out with the tools you have is how I work, at least I think I do that now.
What I need is more "actually enjoyable" sets/matches to be recorded. I could always use new material, while at the same time, to be up-to-date, and to review my mistakes and improve on it.

EDIT: We need a new stage CP/ban thread to me, for every time I see that old one, I still see a bit of Norfair and Mansion mentioned on em, and I still get confused on some to the point where I make random and dumb decisions.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Kuro, there are no good diddy users in FL :glare: GDX sucks (da callout) lol

And on wifi, only good diddy is probably ADHD since no good diddy users play wifi either. (da callout to all wifi diddys)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Im good against diddy's I played one in pools yesterday absolutely bodying him, Diddy is such a fun matchup I love abusing their own bananas, but I'd love to play a competent diddy sometime (by that I mean national winning like ADHD or GNES)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Seriously tho, I don't see dfear/gdx etc placing high in FL so. I can say our mediocre marios are better than most state's best mario's because other states don't even have marios lol. Sill fyre <3

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
...Gdx just beat nick riddle and seibrik in tourney just a little while back...like...a month ago -.-

Dfear got...17th?Iirc at ktar6.

Mampam has been slacking lately but pretty much always places top 5 at the very least.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
nick riddle is a chump and seibrik lost to a sonic at ktar6, they are both bad, as are everyone dfear outplaced at ktar6. Even myself. (da super callout) I dare any of them who namesearched to see me at apex as well cuz I will single handedly shut florida DOWNZ

Top Bottom